45-3

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

45-3

Post by Aquanetsuperhold »

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... assed.html

"By the second half the Jets looked like Tiger Woods trying to get out of his driveway."

"They were outcoached in Foxborough, outplayed, outworked, outclassed. And finally laid out. You have the feeling that if you turn on your television this morning, the Patriots will be scoring again."

And those are quotes from the NY papers
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: 45-3

Post by Crazy Levi »

Aquanetsuperhold wrote:http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... assed.html

"By the second half the Jets looked like Tiger Woods trying to get out of his driveway."

"They were outcoached in Foxborough, outplayed, outworked, outclassed. And finally laid out. You have the feeling that if you turn on your television this morning, the Patriots will be scoring again."

And those are quotes from the NY papers
Of course it is - you should have seen the articles the day after they went 0-1 losing to the Ravens.

It's NY - they always go apeshit after a loss. There are three tabloids fighting it out for newstand sales, so they have no choice. THey have to out-apeshit each other.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

The Patriots offense is so balanced without Moss in there that the Jets didn't know what was coming at them. And they ran a bunch of different plays out of the same formations and looks and NY didn't know who to cover. The key really is those tight ends because they can block and catch. Green-Ellis is exactly what they needed all along at RB, just a solid guy that moves the pile forward a couple of yards at a time and does just enough to keep the defense honest while doing a good job picking up blitzes. Getting rid of Moss and Maroney improved this team significantly. Giving Belichick 10 days to get ready for an opponent is almost a guaranteed win.

I think this loss is going to send the Jets into a skid. They spent a week and a half talking trash and then got embarrassed in the most hyped game of the season. Teams are going to see what NE did and mimic that coverage on Sanchez and until he figures out what to do with a shifting front and linebackers suddenly dropping into coverage he is going to struggle. New England's defense isn't exactly the '85 Bears and they shut them down cold. NY has had some good comebacks but they came against lousy teams. Chicago and Pittsburgh are going to pummel them.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

They were showing on ESPN that the Jets going into last nights game had their second best record after 11 games. 10-1 was their best in 1986.
In 86 they played a Monday night game against the Fins in week 13 and lost by what score? 45-3.
They lost the next 4 games and lost in the playoffs.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Jets still rule. Whatever.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Blizzard of Cos
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Blizzard of Cos »

If you like people who talk loudly and don't back it up, then yeah, they rule.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Blizzard of Cos wrote:If you like people who talk loudly and don't back it up, then yeah, they rule.
We're not talking about KISS. Gossip Board's thataway.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

I love how the annoucers were trying to think of something, anything to give the Jets some excuse or explainatin for sucking so bad. My favoite was the fact they brought up the cold and how NE is some how more use to it. Someone get those guys a map. Really not much of a difference between MA and NJ. No, they just sucked last night.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Aquanetsuperhold wrote:I love how the annoucers were trying to think of something, anything to give the Jets some excuse or explainatin for sucking so bad. My favoite was the fact they brought up the cold and how NE is some how more use to it. Someone get those guys a map. Really not much of a difference between MA and NJ. No, they just sucked last night.

The announcers have to fill in 3.5 hours of air time. They say lots of shit.

They certainly weren't taking it easy on the Jets last night, I don't know where you got that idea.
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

Crazy Levi wrote:
Aquanetsuperhold wrote:I love how the annoucers were trying to think of something, anything to give the Jets some excuse or explainatin for sucking so bad. My favoite was the fact they brought up the cold and how NE is some how more use to it. Someone get those guys a map. Really not much of a difference between MA and NJ. No, they just sucked last night.

The announcers have to fill in 3.5 hours of air time. They say lots of shit.

They certainly weren't taking it easy on the Jets last night, I don't know where you got that idea.

During the the first half they were trying to figure out what the Jet's problem was and that was one excuse they came up with. Thats where I came up with that idea.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

I think the pats D is average at best, and even though the AFC is little weaker than most years, I still dont see the Pats making it to the SP because of that D. Cat pee did hit the nail on the with green-ellis, exactly what the pats need, kind of like when Corey Dillion was running the rock. They look just amazing on offence.

I dont think anyone saw this coming, the Jets played like dogshit. Their offence seems like it was hyped up a bit too much, Sanchez is playing a like a second year QB so any decent deffence can fuck with him by using an exotic coverage.

I still like the Jets, but you dont get blown out like that and then win a superbowl
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

The Bears need to A) Hit Brady repeatedly. B) Watch the deep throw, give up the underneath stuff and make sure the receivers are punished for catching anything over the middle...

Or Brady will tear them a new one. I'm worried. I don't think I should be as they did a pretty good job slowing down Super Vick, but Brady is playing out of his mind good football.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil