Jets’ Strength & Conditioning Coach Admitted To Tripping

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Jets’ Strength & Conditioning Coach Admitted To Tripping

Post by tripsgirl »

Dude should be fired,fined and let the the dude he tripped kick his face in...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/12/12/ ... -sideline/
Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Jets’ Strength & Conditioning Coach Admitted To Tripping

Post by Crazy Levi »

Bush-league goonery.

Rex Ryan has always come off like a cuddly, likeable version of his dad Buddy. But you have to start to wonder if there's some of that old-fashioned Ryan scumbaggery going on in this team.

So ridiculous...I could almost understand it if it would have helped the play, but it was 3 feet out of bounds.

What's next? Bounty Bowl IV?
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Doesnt matter who he trips or not.
Mark Sanchez has proven in the last two weeks that he is not ready for the big time and not ready to be considered as a top tier NFL quarterback.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

A good team could overcome that, playing some Dilfer ball.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

The guy says he "made a mistake'? As a trainer he should have known how badly he could have injured a player by hitting him unexpectedly. That's not a mistake, it's goonery, it's classless, and it's closer to asault than a mistake. He needs to be fired without hesitation by the Jets, fined his remaining salary, and banned by the league.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

SkyDog112046 wrote:The guy says he "made a mistake'? As a trainer he should have known how badly he could have injured a player by hitting him unexpectedly. That's not a mistake, it's goonery, it's classless, and it's closer to asault than a mistake. He needs to be fired without hesitation by the Jets, fined his remaining salary, and banned by the league.
Without a doubt. The fact that a staff member would pull a stunt like this does make one question the culture of that team. Maybe Coach Ryan is a bit more of a scumbag than he would have us believe.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Tymaster wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:The guy says he "made a mistake'? As a trainer he should have known how badly he could have injured a player by hitting him unexpectedly. That's not a mistake, it's goonery, it's classless, and it's closer to asault than a mistake. He needs to be fired without hesitation by the Jets, fined his remaining salary, and banned by the league.
Without a doubt. The fact that a staff member would pull a stunt like this does make one question the culture of that team. Maybe Coach Ryan is a bit more of a scumbag than he would have us believe.
I have to agree with SkyDog.
This man should be terminated, if he has not been already.
When I first heard of this incident, I thought it was a sick joke or my hearing was failing me.
Then when I saw the footage, I wanted to jump through the screen and kick the guy in the nuts.
No class
No room in the NFL for a coach that can not keep to himself while on the sidelines.
I'm not even a jets fan, but I still think this moron should pay the price for such a despicable act.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

The guy was about an inch and a half from ending the dude's career with that knee.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

I agree with the others, as I watched this live and was dumbfounded. There's playing dirty ball on the field, and then there's this. Dude needs to be fired. Excellent point about being the strength and conditioning coach, as he's ONE person who should appreciate any players health and well being.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
bang
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by bang »

Really stupid person,
you would think he would want to keep his mouth shut after doing something so incredibly dumb.
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

Can someone explain to me why a meathead strength and conditioning coach is on the sideline in the first place? Is he going to show proper squat technique during timeouts?
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Foxnews.com poll asking if he should be fired or not.

Yes -- What a stunning act of poor sportsmanship and the running back could have been badly injured. Fire him. 82.06% (35,429 votes)

No -- The guy was caught up in the heat of the game. Suspend and/or fine him, but don't fire him. 14.58% (6,293 votes)

Undecided -- What an awful example of sportsmanship for kids. 2.7% (1,166 votes)

Other (post a comment) 0.66% (287 votes)

Total Votes: 43,175
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

If some douchebag fan ran onto the field and tackled someone they'd be thrown out of the stadium for good. The coach should be fired. The players have to have their heads on a swivel as it is with all the shit that goes on.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WTF wrote:If some douchebag fan ran onto the field and tackled someone they'd be thrown out of the stadium for good. The coach should be fired. The players have to have their heads on a swivel as it is with all the shit that goes on.

I did not see the game on t.v., so I am very interested in learning what the broadcasters has to say following the incident.

Did the director replay the footage over and over for analysis?
Was the play missed and not spoken about until post-game?
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

They went to it live with the player on the field. Then a commercial break. Then when they came back from the commercial they said, "it looks like he was tripped by a Jets player" and then showed the replay many time,s even pausing on an up close shot, and commented on how bad it was.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

What if the camera's failed to catch what happened??
You just know that low-class coach would have never apologized for his actions.

Has the douche been fired from his job yet?
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

I've pretty much been reading news at work all day and haven't seen it announced anywhere. I think Rex Ryan is a fool not to fire him. With his reputation he can get some major points for not accepting it and can pick up a strength coach anywhere.

Of course there's the angle of the guy possibly having a wife and kids, but still. Is that an example that you want to teach your kids?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

cowpins wrote:I've pretty much been reading news at work all day and haven't seen it announced anywhere. I think Rex Ryan is a fool not to fire him. With his reputation he can get some major points for not accepting it and can pick up a strength coach anywhere.

Of course there's the angle of the guy possibly having a wife and kids, but still. Is that an example that you want to teach your kids?
hold the phone.
wife and kids? i don't know if he has either, but that is not the point.
the man could have ended the career of an NFL player with his bizarre behavior.
now it's time for him to lose his job & made an example of.
end of discussion
what part of his behavior entitles him to continue being employed by the Jets? nothing at all!
i just can not believe that as of this early afternoon he is still employed.
who cares if the moron gave a 5 minute press conference to express his disappointment. not good enough.
LitaJett
Playing Frat Parties

Post by LitaJett »

Jets and Steelers. The 2 dirtiest teams next week, should be fun!
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Looks like he's suspended and fined. Total BS.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/f ... 2446.story
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

LitaJett wrote:Jets and Steelers. The 2 dirtiest teams next week, should be fun!

Splain how the JETS are dirty

A coach did something terrible and should be fined and fired immediately. Yet this is on Rex Ryan? Sorry, no. Any time a player does something scum baggish it's on him, not the coach. I'm a Jets fan, and I understand the hate. But don't make the hate skew reality.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

LitaJett wrote:Jets and Steelers. The 2 dirtiest teams next week, should be fun!
The Titans aren't playing that game.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

On Day 3 of TripGate, former Miami Dolphins linebacker Zach Thomas accused the New York Jets of deliberately forming a human wall on their sideline to influence the Dolphins' gunner, Nolan Carroll.

The unfortunate episode became a national story because Carroll was purposely tripped by Sal Alosi, the Jets' strength and conditioning coach, but Thomas is part of a growing faction that believes Alosi wasn't acting alone.

"They had to be ordered to stand there because they're foot to foot," Thomas said Tuesday on Miami radio station WQAM. "There's four of them, side to side -- five of them, I mean -- on the edge of the coach's zone. They're only out there to restrict the space of the gunner.

"But there's more to it because I'm telling you, the only thing [Alosi] did wrong was intentionally put that knee out there. If he just stood there, there would never have been a problem, even if the guy got tripped. But there's more to this. He was ordered to stand there. No one is foot to foot on the sideline in the coach's box."

Actually, it was a six-man line, starting with Alosi and defensive lineman Marcus Dixon (inactive). It's believed the other four also were inactive players. They were in a tight formation, almost like soccer players preparing to defend a direct kick. Their toes were right up against the boundary, with Alosi positioned in the corner of the coaches' box.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

What a classless and utter douchebag. The player should be allowed a free kick to the yarbles on that asshole.
Fuck sigs.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The New York Jets have suspended Sal Alosi indefinitely after the team got "new information" that the strength and conditioning coach "instructed" five players to stand in a wall before he tripped a Dolphins player on Sunday.

Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum announced the punishment after Alosi was suspended for the rest of the season and fined $25,000 on Monday.

"Over the last day as we continued our investigation we discovered some new information," Tannenbaum said. "The players at the Miami game were instructed by Sal to stand where they were forcing the gunner in the game to run around them. Based on that new information we've suspended Sal indefinitely, pending further review.

Tannenbaum said that as soon as the team learned the new information, the Jets contacted NFL vice president of football operations Ray Anderson.

"They support this initial decision that we presented to them," Tannenbaum said. "The league is going to look into this as well, as well they should. Once we get all the information we'll make a final determination."

Tannenbaum was clear in what happened.

"Specifically when Miami was punting they were asked to stand there by him," he said.

Tannenbaum said Alosi acted alone, that he wasn't told by anyone in the organization to instruct players to stand in a line. Addressing the media Monday, Alosi claimed he wasn't instructed by anyone to create a human wall.

Tannenbaum and coach Rex Ryan both insisted Monday that the players aren't coached to do that.

Could Alosi be fired for the move?

"All options are certainly on the table we're going to complete the review and get all the information," Tannenbaum said. "[Special teams coach] Mike Westhoff was not involved, Rex Ryan was not involved, but we just want to be thorough and get all the information."
Vettehead2006
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Vettehead2006 »

Typical New York scum.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Vettehead2006 wrote:Typical New York scum.
New Jersey scum dude. Get it right.