Lakers talking trades

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Lakers talking trades

Post by yeahbuddy »

Could Kupchak be thinking of a trade(s)?
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/s ... ef:nbahpt1
Whatta ya think?
Laker untouchables- Kobe & Bynum. Everybody else is available if the price is right. Although I do love Odom's game. His problem is when he doesnt show up (the last two losses). I say Bynum is untouchable because of his size & soft hands.
My guess is Kupchak is just blowing smoke. Whenever he makes a trade we never hear about it until after it is done (think Gasol trade, Ariza trade, Brown & Morrison for Vlad Rad).
Blizzard of Cos
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Lakers talking trades

Post by Blizzard of Cos »

Thought the Lakers would make it back to the finals so they can lose to the Celts. Not so sure they'll make it.

Better do something...

http://www.howsmyasstaste.com/
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Lake show had a a big time overtime scare last night against the Rockets. The Rockets. One Rocket shot free throws last night (Martin) and they nearly won in LA.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Trade talks = a back handed way to motivate the team. Fact: Nobody is getting dealt.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

My big problem with the Lakers is, and I hate to say this because I love the guy, Derek Fisher. If he doesnt score between 10-15 a game, he is absolutely worthless. Every game the opposing team's point guard always scores big points. Its embarrassing to watch.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

ParaDime77 wrote:Trade talks = a back handed way to motivate the team. Fact: Nobody is getting dealt.
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Ship PUKE the fuck out to any dumbasses that want that fucking useless bolt neck

Lose Bynum too.
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
St_Augustines_Pears
Headlining Clubs

Post by St_Augustines_Pears »

Ron Artest wants out of L.A. now.
"Moving on, is a simple thing...what it leaves behind is hard. You know the sleeping feel no more pain...and the living are all scarred." -- Megadeth's "A Tout Le Monde"
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

yeahbuddy wrote:My big problem with the Lakers is, and I hate to say this because I love the guy, Derek Fisher. If he doesnt score between 10-15 a game, he is absolutely worthless. Every game the opposing team's point guard always scores big points. Its embarrassing to watch.

They kept him out of his loyalty and a large pay cut. Sadly, the guy has regressed so much the writing is on the wall for him, younger point guards expose the shit out of him. Rumor has it the Lakers (Phil and Kupchak) are enamored with Kirk Hinrich.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

ParaDime77 wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:My big problem with the Lakers is, and I hate to say this because I love the guy, Derek Fisher. If he doesnt score between 10-15 a game, he is absolutely worthless. Every game the opposing team's point guard always scores big points. Its embarrassing to watch.

They kept him out of his loyalty and a large pay cut. Sadly, the guy has regressed so much the writing is on the wall for him, younger point guards expose the shit out of him. Rumor has it the Lakers (Phil and Kupchak) are enamored with Kirk Hinrich.
They've had him on their radar for quite awhile now. They like his tenacity and aggressiveness. His contract is a problem though. Close to 10 mil a year.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Ron Artest wants out of L.A. now.

False

Ron just wanted breakfast. Rons brother is a putz and Stein from ESPN is a stupid asshole --- like everyone who works for ESPN.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Jerry Buss made a special appearance at yesterday's practice.
Hmmm, I wonder what his message was.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

"SERIOUSLY, STRAIGHTEN THE FUCK UP DAMMIT, OR YOU WON'T THREEPEAT AND I'LL BEAT ALL YOUR ASSES MYSELF!!"

- Dr. Buss
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Add Shannon Brown to the list of "I really don't give a fuck if those consistently lazy mother fuckers are traded!"
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Shannon Brown has a no-trade clause in his contract. Fucking Shannon Brown.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

they need to start playing Steve Blake more, and keeping D Fish on the bench. At least Blake can hang with opposing team's p guard and penetrate. Fish can do neither. When he does drive to the basket he is doing it hoping he gets bailed out by a foul. Love the guy, but done is being done.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

He needs less court time than the rookies and Joe Smith.
Shannon is improved over last year, but his overall defensive ability, defensive effort and defensive accomplishments are all WEAK, this year and thruout his career.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Subhuman Yeti wrote:

He needs less court time than the rookies and Joe Smith.
Shannon is improved over last year, but his overall defensive ability, defensive effort and defensive accomplishments are all WEAK, this year and thruout his career.
I agree 100% on his defense. Against the Spurs I saw him at least 3 times late on on a defensive assignment & didnt even put his hand up. Was it Neal or Hill that hit that last second shot to end the 1st or 2nd quarter? Well, who was there without a hand up. Shannon!
His no trade contract isnt complete. There's a catch to it somehow. Kobe is the only player in NBA that has a complete no trade clause.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

It's a clause that basically lets him veto what team he would go to. Kind of random.

Personally, I think a couple of the guys on the team are enjoying the LA lifestyle a little too much this season and not playing hard.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

ParaDime77 wrote:It's a clause that basically lets him veto what team he would go to. Kind of random.

Personally, I think a couple of the guys on the team are enjoying the LA lifestyle a little too much this season and not playing hard.
agreed on the L.A. lifestyle.
I would like to know what players go home after a game, and who go out and enjoy the nightlife.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Odom, who definitely has the most shit going on in his life offcourt, is easily the most focused and successful LAKER besides Kobe so far this season.

Without Odom, the Lake Show would have lost a lot more games this season so far, and they have already lost far too many.
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Had a trade worked for this. It was Fish getting the boot along with Luke Walton and some other dude in exchange for Aaron Brooks and Rudy Fernandez.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Subhuman Yeti wrote:Odom, who definitely has the most shit going on in his life offcourt, is easily the most focused and successful LAKER besides Kobe so far this season.

Without Odom, the Lake Show would have lost a lot more games this season so far, and they have already lost far too many.
agreed, although sometimes he doesnt show up.
I would like to know what is going on with Gasol. He had a great first month of season, but his December and January were mediocre, and Feb we will see.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Rainbow Bright wrote:Had a trade worked for this. It was Fish getting the boot along with Luke Walton and some other dude in exchange for Aaron Brooks and Rudy Fernandez.
what are you talking about?
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

yeahbuddy wrote:
Rainbow Bright wrote:Had a trade worked for this. It was Fish getting the boot along with Luke Walton and some other dude in exchange for Aaron Brooks and Rudy Fernandez.
ESPN Trade Machine. I bonked around with it and traded for Brooks and Fernandez in a four-team deal. LA gets some D and some scoring whilst jettision the mummy known as Fish.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Rainbow Bright wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:
ESPN Trade Machine. I bonked around with it and traded for Brooks and Fernandez in a four-team deal. LA gets some D and some scoring whilst jettision the mummy known as Fish.
haha.
I doubt if the Rockets or the Trailblazers would want to work a deal out that involved the Lakers. Good shot though.
Whats funny is I'm reading and hearing that the reason the Lakers are not playing well is because they traded Sasha V the machine. Jeez, the guy couldnt even get any minutes.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Fish ain't going anywhere other than the sunset at the end of the season.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

ParaDime77 wrote:Fish ain't going anywhere other than the sunset at the end of the season.
His jersey should be hung up there with West/Worthy/Magic/ etc etc. He's been a major part of the 5 championships they've won with him, not to mention a standup person. Yeah, he sucks this year, but so does getting old.
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

yeahbuddy wrote:
ParaDime77 wrote:Fish ain't going anywhere other than the sunset at the end of the season.
His jersey should be hung up there with West/Worthy/Magic/ etc etc. He's been a major part of the 5 championships they've won with him, not to mention a standup person. Yeah, he sucks this year, but so does getting old.
Truth. He's hit some damn big shots in his career, much like Robert Horry.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Yeah, he sucks this year, but so does getting old.

The Lakers beat the shitty Hornets last week because of Fish and his efforts in the 4th...

If FISH sucks (this year or any year)... then what the fuck does that really make most of the rest of the league? Besides overpaid ring-less losers?

:lol: