THE LA LAKERS 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: THE LA LAKERS 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Spurs in 6 over the Grizz. But they're done in the second round. I'm awaiting The Mamba vs. Durantula.
grishnak boss
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by grishnak boss »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MEMPHIS -- Sad.

There have been plenty of words used to describe the Spurs since they began winning championships back in 1999, but that was never one of them.

Sad was seeing O.J. Mayo miss a 3-pointer, Tim Duncan move in to wrap up the rebound and then Marc Gasol reach right over his head to pluck the ball way and deposit it into the basket.

Sad was looking on as Duncan groped at the ball in the paint like he were wearing oven mitts and then had teammate George Hill fumble it away out of bounds.

Sad was watching Darrell Arthur rise up as if on a hydraulic lift to reject a drive by Tony Parker and then outrace every one of the Spurs to the other end of the court to spike a lob pass from Mayo through the hoop with enough force to almost set off the tornado sirens in downtown Memphis once again.

As the Grizzlies keep coming on harder and stronger and with more confidence and swagger with each passing game, one can't help but notice the contrast.

"We were kind of sad at a point," said Manu Ginobili.

It's not just about discovering a new way to run the plays and make shots. It's about finding a way to match the Grizzlies youthful exuberance the energy that could light up all of the neon on Beale Street.

The Spurs are looking like Willie Mays staggering around in the outfield for the Mets. They are a worn out ghost of Muhammad Ali pushed around one night in the desert by Larry Holmes.

Youth eventually is served and the Spurs are suddenly looking like the cranky old man on the block, running around in his tattered bathrobe trying to keep the neighborhood kids off his lawn.

The Spurs led 50-48 at halftime of the Game 4 that could have put their world back on its axis. But that hope was over after a 14-0 blast by the Grizzlies and the Spurs now sit at the bottom of a daunting 3-1 hole in the series.

"They were four awful minutes," Ginobili said. "They gained confidence and everything went downhill for us. It was a very embarrassing first four minutes.

It was one more example of the Spurs being able to play and compete with the Grizzlies for only 24 minutes of a 48 minute game. It was merely the latest demonstration that maybe this team that won 61 regular season games by relying more on offense than the suffocating trademark defense that won San Antonio four championships in the last dozen seasons was only using gobs of makeup to cover over age marks and wrinkles.

It's looking like there will be at least another series and another few weeks to continue celebrating this delightful Memphis story that has hips shaking the way they did when Elvis was still living at Graceland.

But if the impending demise of the Spurs was, in a circle of life way, inevitable, certainly nobody saw the end coming with such swiftness.

"Surprising, but in my case I feel disappointing," Ginobili said. "I felt we were gonna bounce back emotionally, physically after the loss of Game 3. But it was all theirs, that emotion, that edge.

"We went down 10-12 and our eyes couldn't see the fire that would say, 'We can make it.' "

There had been enough different ways for the Spurs to rationalize their upside-down position coming into Game 4. After all, they had turned around the regular season stats and consistently outrebounded Memphis in the series, converted more second chance points and committed fewer turnovers.

The Spurs were telling themselves that if it weren't for a pair of rather fortuitous, late-game 3-point buckets by Shane Battier and Zach Randolph in Games 1 and 3, they might have been standing on the verge of a completing a sweep themselves. At worst, the cumulative score through the first three games was 279-279.

Then the bottom fell out. The Spurs were outscored by a whopping 30-15 in the third quarter, managed to squeeze out just 22 points in the first 18 minutes of the second half and finished up the night with Duncan, Ginobili and Parker sitting on the bench for the final five minutes looking blindsided, dumbstruck or maybe just worn out.

The old cliché says the torch is passed, but that is rarely the case. Usually the usurper comes along to grab it and burns the old house down. What the Spurs are going to have to do before Game 5 is poke around in the embers for a spark.

The starting front line of Duncan, Antonio McDyess and Richard Jefferson shot 5-for-16 for only 10 points. The best 3-point shooting team during the regular season again was hurried and misfiring at 5-for-18.

The Spurs can't go inside because the Grizzlies are reaching, grabbing, pushing and attacking at the ball on every dribble. The Spurs can't go outside because the Grizzlies won't give their spot-up shooters a chance to spot up.

At the conclusion of each game, the Grizzlies are gathering at midcourt to remind themselves there is still work to do. Meanwhile the Spurs trudge off with a larger, louder clock ticking in their heads.

"We put ourselves in this position," Duncan said. "If we want to stay alive, we've got to win one game at a time. There's no other way to say it."

Except Ginobili's way.

Sad.

STERN TOLD THE LA LAKERS TO ADD A LIL' PAZZAS TO THE SERIES BY LOSING 2 GAMES - MAX AUDIENCE 4 RATINGS.
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Lakers should just rest Kobe for the rest of the series, and Dallas. Lakers can win without him until the Thunder
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
sludge_ducks_sick
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by sludge_ducks_sick »

LAglamrocker wrote:Lakers should just rest Kobe for the rest of the series, and Dallas. Lakers can win without him until the Thunder
Uhm, ok. Tell that to Kobe. :roll:
Aesop wrote: I suck, but I am always having fun.
^^Actual post, unlike Aesop's signature.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

The Lakers should rest Kobe the rest of the series....

Like Kobe is ever going to listen to that fucking line of bullshit
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
sludge_ducks_sick
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Subhuman Yeti wrote:
The Lakers should rest Kobe the rest of the series....

Like Kobe is ever going to listen to that fucking line of bullshit
This is why I like Sludge.
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

Take all the criticism of Kobe Bryant — shoots too much, hard on his teammates, smiles once a generation — and crumple it into a wad the size of a basketball.

After all, the guy plays hard. And hurt.

Bryant had 19 points and two dunks suitable for framing as he poked and prodded the Lakers to a 106-90 victory Tuesday over the New Orleans Hornets at Staples Center.

Bryant somehow shot better with one good ankle (eight for 13, 62%) than he did the first four games (42%) as the Lakers took a 3-2 lead in the first-round playoff series.

If the Lakers win Game 6 in New Orleans on Thursday, they won't play again until next Monday.

They can thank Bryant for the renewal of momentum, or hope, or whatever you want to call it.

He walked out of New Orleans Arena on a pair of aluminum crutches on Sunday night and appeared to be walking stiffly when he arrived a couple of hours before Game 5.

To the end, he rebuffed the team's demand that he get an MRI exam and X-rays.

Hey, whatever works, apparently.

"Did it look like his ankle was hurting?" New Orleans Coach Monty Williams said sarcastically.

Out of nowhere, as the Lakers languished yet again against the undermanned Hornets, Bryant drove down the middle and dunked over center Emeka Okafor in the second quarter.

"It looked like he was going to challenge me at the rim and I just accepted the challenge," Bryant said. "[Teammates] know I save those. I don't have a lot of those left anymore."

In the third quarter, as the Lakers started to advance from a 54-51 halftime edge, Bryant flew past Trevor Ariza and beat Carl Landry for a dunk.

Worth mentioning: It was left-handed.

"It was a little stiff, but it loosened up," Bryant said of his ankle. "The more I played the looser it got."

Bryant soon added a double-pump layup after slicing through Landry and Okafor.

"He played young," forward Ron Artest said.

Said Ariza: "Some injury, we're fucked."

Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Kobe should sit out a few weeks like that twatface Tim Duncan.

My only complaint about Kobe is the same one I always had against the
LEGEND Magic Johnson... they both have at most times, questionably shitty shot selections.
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

LET'S REMIND YOU IDIOTS OF THE GLORIOUS LA TEAMS:

After an embarrassing ending to the 2008 Finals against the Boston Celtics, the Lakers bounced back and won the 2009 championship.

After years of criticism and doubt, Kobe Bryant led the Lakers to a championship as the team’s alpha dog.

Regular season record: 65-17

Coach: Phil Jackson

Playoff breakdown:

First-Round: Utah 4-1

Conference Semi-Finals: Houston 4-3

Conference Finals: Denver 4-2

NBA Finals: Orlando: 4-1

Finals MVP: Kobe Bryant

Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol and the rest of the Lakers did it again in 2010.

The Lakers’ 2010 championship run was capped off by defeating the Boston Celtics in an epic, seven game NBA Finals.

The championship gave Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant their 11th and 5th championships respectively.

Regular season record: 57-25

Playoff breakdown:

First-Round: Oklahoma City 4-2

Conference Semi-Finals: Utah 4-0

Conference Finals: Phoenix 4-2

NBA Finals: Boston 4-3

Finals MVP: Kobe Bryant

The Lakers became only the fifth team in league history to win three straight championships.

The 2002 Lakers’ playoff run will best be remembered by their seven game series with the Sacramento Kings in the Western Conference Finals.

Shaquille O’Neal would join Michael Jordan as the only player to win the Finals MVP award in three straight seasons.

Regular season record: 58-24

Playoff breakdown:

First-Round: Portland 3-0

Conference Semi-Finals: San Antonio 4-1

Conference Finals: Sacramento 4-3

NBA Finals: New Jersey 4-0

Finals MVP: Shaquille O’Neal

The Lakers defeated the Philadelphia 76ers for the second time in three years to capture the 1982 NBA championship.

However, It is hard to rank the 1982 championship team too high.

By the time they played the 76ers in the finals, Philadelphia was exhausted after battling with the Celtics in a grueling seven game Eastern Conference Finals.

Regular season record: 57-25

Coach: Pat Riley

Playoff breakdown:

Conference Semi-Finals: Phoenix 4-0

Conference Finals: San Antonio 4-0

NBA Finals: Philadelphia 4-2

Finals MVP: Magic Johnson

In Phil Jackson’s first year as coach of the Los Angeles Lakers, the team captured its first championship since the 1988 season.

Shaquille O’Neal had the most dominating season of his career, averaging 30 points, 13 rebounds and nearly four assists per game.

Shaq would finish the season with the regular season MVP, All-Star Game MVP and Finals MVP.

Regular season record: 67-15

Playoff breakdown:

First Round: Sacramento 3-2

Conference Semi-Finals: Phoenix 4-1

Conference Finals: Portland 4-3

NBA Finals: Indiana 4-2

The Lakers won their second straight championship by beating the Detroit Pistons in seven games.

The 1988 title was the fifth championship the organization won in the 1980s.

The team would go through a twelve year dry spell before hitting pay dirt in 2000 with Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O’Neal.

Regular season record: 62-20

Playoff breakdown:

First-Round: San Antonio 3-0

Conference Semi-Finals: Utah 4-3

Conference Finals: Dallas 4-3

NBA Finals: Detroit 4-3

Finals MVP: James Worthy

in 1972 led by Jerry West and Wilt Chamberlain, the Lakers broke through and beat the New York Knicks to win their first championship since moving to Los Angeles.

Regular season record: 69-13

Coach: Bill Sharman

Playoff breakdown:

Conference Semi-Finals: Chicago 4-0

Conference Finals: Milwaukee 4-2

NBA Finals: New York 4-1

Finals MVP: Wilt Chamberlain

After losing to Larry Bird and the Celtics in the ’84 Finals, the Lakers bounced back and beat their East Coast counterparts in 1985.

The Lakers’ victory over the Celtics in the 1985 Finals took the historic rivalry to new heights.

Regular season record: 62-20

Playoff breakdown:

First-Round: Phoenix 3-0

Conference Semi-Finals: Portland 4-1

Conference Finals: Denver 4-1

NBA Finals: Boston 4-2

Finals MVP: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

To say the Lakers dominated the 2001 playoffs would be an understatement. The team went 15-1 in the postseason to capture their second straight championship.

The Lakers 15-1 record in the 2001 postseason is the best playoff winning percentage in league history.

I think it is safe to say the record will never be broken.

Regular season record: 56-26

Playoff breakdown:

First-Round: Portland 3-0

Conference Semi-Finals: Sacramento 4-0

Conference Finals: San Antonio 4-0

NBA Finals: Philadelphia 4-1

The Lakers seized control of the momentum in their rivalry with Boston Celtics by beating them again in the 1987 Finals.

Magic Johnson’s baby hook to beat Boston in game 4 is one of the most memorable moments in NBA history.

The 1987 team was the "Showtime" Lakers at their absolute best.

Regular season record: 65-17

Playoff breakdown:

First-Round: Denver 3-0

Conference Semi-Finals: Golden State 4-1

Conference Finals Seattle 4-0

NBA Finals: Boston 4-2

Finals MVP: Magic Johnson

sludge_ducks_sick
Showcasing for A&R Reps

NEXT. :lol:
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

INDEED!

JUST ANOTHER BUMP TO THE TROPHY :lol:

sludge_ducks_sick
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Lakers v. Dallas. Bring it on.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Finals MVP: Wilt Chamberlain

THIS is why Kobe nor MJ are the greatest. They never played at Kansas.
ImageImageImage
sludge_ducks_sick
Showcasing for A&R Reps

grishnak boss wrote:The Spurs could stomach losing their season finale Wednesday night. Losing Manu Ginobili? Now that could be a problem. In an untimely accident, Ginobili suffered a hyperextended right elbow during the first quarter of the Spurs’ 106-103 season-ending loss at Phoenix, casting in doubt his availability for the start of the Western Conference playoffs against Memphis this weekend. Forget ceding control of the NBA’s top overall record to Chicago. There was only one way the Spurs’ season finale could have ended in catastrophe, and it happened just 2:14 into the game. Ginobili was coming across a Tim Duncan pick, with Suns forward Grant Hill trailing, when he appeared to get his arm pinned between his teammate and his opponent, bending the elbow backward before tumbling to the court in evident discomfort. X-rays taken at US Airways Center were negative. Ginobili is scheduled for an MRI today, at which point the Spurs will have a better feel for a timetable."

the playoffs are about to start and they are already imploding, bwahahahaha!!!

All season long we had to hear how great San Antonio is and how bad The Lakers are.

BWAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

One of the GASOL brothers was going to eliminate the Spurs,
Marc just beat PAU to it.
metalpowerman5000
Chubby Chaser
Location: chasing chubby sludge bitches the fuck away from my cock

Post by metalpowerman5000 »

Cyber Spirit wrote:If Miami win the East,LA are done.
Othewise LA will win it.
agree the Heat look damn good
"Can I insure my dick?"-David Lee Roth
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

Subhuman Yeti wrote:One of the GASOL brothers was going to eliminate the Spurs,
AHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY!!!

REJOICE ALL AROUND!!!

FUCK THAT 3RD WORLD STATE TEAM, YEAH FUUUUUCK THEEEEEEEEEM BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

FUVHE R´0FH02I 32H

Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Good for Z-Bo. He's come around since being dumped in Memphis.
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

THE CURRENT NBA CHAMPS ARE JUST TOYING WITH THESE FREAKING ASSHOLES - WHAT A FUCKING BLOCK BY ARTEST!!! :lol:

Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

If they ever want to climb out of his hole ... which they won't ... playing a hell of a lot less fucking stupid and less totally lazy might help.

PLAYING FUCKING LAZY AND PLAYING FUCKING STUPID, EQUALS WELL DESERVED LOSSES AT HOME -- NO FUCKING EXCUSES.

Kupchak should already be working on acquiring someone for PAU "THE GHOST" GASOL.

His defensive skills have rapidly become fucking embarrassing and his badly conditioned, blown up and sucking wind by the 3rd quarter lazy ass should be shipped out of LA.
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

grishnak boss wrote:

REJOICE ALL AROUND!!!

FUVHE R´0FH02I 32H

Looks like a "3rd world" team (Dallas) is making the Lakers their bitch.

Lakers and their faggot fanbase can disappear now.

Dallas vs. Heat in finals.
sludge_ducks_sick
Showcasing for A&R Reps

nycyankee wrote:
grishnak boss wrote:

REJOICE ALL AROUND!!!

FUVHE R´0FH02I 32H

Looks like a "3rd world" team (Dallas) is making the Lakers their bitch.

Lakers and their faggot fanbase can disappear now.

Dallas vs. Heat in finals.
Lakers will be fine.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

“It’s not that big of a deal to win two games in a row.”-Kobe Bryant

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/05/0 ... ef:nbahpt1

It really is a big deal to beat the Lakers right now at the Staples Center, he's trying to keep his team going but wow.

My brother-in-law is a die hard Mavs fan so he's been pretty excited.
ImageImageImage
Rev.Sweetchops
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Rev.Sweetchops »

Bye Bye Lakers!

The bulls will return to glory!
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Did Kobe And Vanessa Break Up Another Happy Lakers Home??

Posted on May 6th, 2011 - By Bossip Staff

Pau Gasol is a heartbroken man. And he’s looking for someone to blame for the empty half of his bed.

According to HelloBeautiful.com, he has apparently settled on one of his teammates’ less-than-happy wives being the culprate ( :lol:, learn to spell check, ya stupid asshole) behind his recent break-up.

Word on the street is that there’s beef between Kobe Bryant and his teammate Pau Gasol.

Sources are saying that Gasol who was recently dumped by his longtime girlfriend/fiance is blaming Kobe for the breakup.

Here’s what went down:

Pau’s girlfriend Sylvia and a teammates wife (who will remain nameless) became good friends. And two weeks ago Pau was rocked by the news that his girlfriend/fiance dumped him.

The snitch says, “Pau thinks that [TEAMMATES] wife was behind it. Sylvia didn’t have many friends and he’s convinced that [wife] either is behind it, or could have talked Sylvia out of it.” And word is that when Pau’s TEAMMATE [the husband] tried to talk to Pau about it, the two got into an ARGUMENT – with each saying some very RECKLESS THINGS about each others LADIES.

So now Pau and THIS teammate are no longer speaking to each other. And their ON COURT chemistry is definitely off.

We don’t know, this one might be true: Kobe is definitely the dude that would bring this kinda ish to the court. And Vanessa definitely seems like the misery-loves-company type.

I really hope the NBA lockout lasts a lot longer than anyone predicts.
:shock:

That said, the NFL lockout will hopefully last forever.
I'm looking forward to watching stupid football fans crying from Sept-Feb.

:lol: :lol:
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Lakers are fucking DONE.

Oh how I love it.
Fuck sigs.
Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Artemis2085 »

MAVS WIN, MOTHERFUCKER
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
*flick*
Wants to Sniff the Mod's G-String

Post by *flick* »

nycrue wrote:Magic Wand Original ‏@HitachiMagic 14 Feb 12
RT @hollywoodrose: the more I look at dating websites the more I know its gonna be just me and my @HitachiMagic for my whole life
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

*flick* wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: