Jim Tressel Resigns

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

OverMe
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Jim Tressel Resigns

Post by OverMe »

St_Augustines_Pears
Headlining Clubs

Re: Jim Tressel Resigns

Post by St_Augustines_Pears »

Just saw this on Yahoo Sports.

Don't worry about Tressel. He'll take the next season off, and then he'll have ten universities lining up offering him a blank check to coach their team.

Ohio State, on the other hand, may be in a shitload of trouble. Rumors are flying that the NCAA will hit them hard, maybe with a "lack of institutional control" charge. :shock: Ohio State could possibly join SMU and Miami in getting the "death penalty".

On a brighter note, Michigan fans have something to rejoice about. :lol:
"Moving on, is a simple thing...what it leaves behind is hard. You know the sleeping feel no more pain...and the living are all scarred." -- Megadeth's "A Tout Le Monde"
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

Here in Ohio, people are acting as if it's the end of the world. At Port Columbus the news actually came across the PA and the place came unglued. Forget the fact that it is Memorial Day, Buckeye Nation is mourning the vest. Which I find ridiculous.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Punk
Headlining Clubs

Post by Punk »

Why would you find that ridiculous? The man brought Ohio St their first national championship since the Woody Hayes era...of course people are going to be upset. Not to mention the fact that Columbus lives and breathes the Buckeyes.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Punk wrote:Why would you find that ridiculous? The man brought Ohio St their first national championship since the Woody Hayes era...of course people are going to be upset. Not to mention the fact that Columbus lives and breathes the Buckeyes.
I find Buckeye Nation altogether ridiculous.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Tymaster wrote:
Punk wrote:Why would you find that ridiculous? The man brought Ohio St their first national championship since the Woody Hayes era...of course people are going to be upset. Not to mention the fact that Columbus lives and breathes the Buckeyes.
I find Buckeye Nation altogether ridiculous.
They're not poisoning trees, but they are pretty out there.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

This warms my cold black heart. 8)
Fuck sigs.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Impossible to believe a successful major college program turned out to be fucking filthy.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

I'm torn. Being a Michigan fan, I hate all things OSU but I wanted our program resurgence to include beating a Tressel led team. Way to fuck it up Jim, another reason to hate the hairless nuts.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

St_Augustines_Pears wrote:Just saw this on Yahoo Sports.

Don't worry about Tressel. He'll take the next season off, and then he'll have ten universities lining up offering him a blank check to coach their team.
According to what I read, just resigning doesn't free Tressel from punishment. He can still be sanctioned by the NCAA, and isn't getting a free pass by taking a year off.
LillianRoxyFA
Headlining Clubs

Post by LillianRoxyFA »

Tressel turned a blind eye to protect his program. He may be a heck of a coach, but a bit dim when it comes to the ways of the world. He didn't report what he knew because he didn't know who to tell (from si.com report)?

Bottom line: Every successful major college sports program is dirty in some way. I for one would love to see the players compensated so they can at least help their families.
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times. I can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty.

-- George Burns
St_Augustines_Pears
Headlining Clubs

Post by St_Augustines_Pears »

Somewhere, John Cooper is muttering to himself, "Fucking squeaky clean image, my ass!".
"Moving on, is a simple thing...what it leaves behind is hard. You know the sleeping feel no more pain...and the living are all scarred." -- Megadeth's "A Tout Le Monde"
djwill665
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by djwill665 »

The 2 Headlines I loved were

"Vest in Peace"

"Hasta La Vesta"
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

If they avoid probation, Urban Meyer has to be on OSU's speed dial.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

According to ESPN's Linda Cohn (via Twitter) Terrelle Pryor has been driving with a suspended license since February.

When it rains, it's a motherfucking monsoon. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fuck sigs.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

ParaDime77 wrote:If they avoid probation, Urban Meyer has to be on OSU's speed dial.
They will be probies.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:According to ESPN's Linda Cohn (via Twitter) Terrelle Pryor has been driving with a suspended license since February.

When it rains, it's a motherfucking monsoon. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dumb-ass drove to a team meeting in his 6th different car since he's been at OSU.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
ABOVETOMMY
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by ABOVETOMMY »

Living here in C-bus i'm a huge Buckeye Fan. Will always love Ohio State football reguardless of whats going down. Tressel along with some of the players broke the rules and they get what they deserve.

Terrelle Pryor is just stupid. Always made me cringe if someone interviewed him after a game. My ten year old kid could do a better interveiw than he did. Dude has never been a outstanding quarterback and is def not NFL worthy.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:Impossible to believe a successful major college program turned out to be fucking filthy.
No kidding.
All successful major college programs are successful because they break the rules(or all the rules).

I'm fine with the coach losing his job. He tried to "Cover Up" the infractions. He's only sorry because he was caught.

I'm fine with the players getting kicked off the team or kicked out of school.
I saw on ESPN that footage of T. Pryor driving away in a car was causing a scandal because his driver's license is currently suspended, :lol: :lol:
uwec95
Headlining Clubs

Post by uwec95 »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:This warms my cold black heart. 8)
Me, too. It makes me very happy to think that his last trip to Madison resulted in a beatdown and ruined the cheaters' chances at a National Title. :D
MotorVenom
Forming a Band

Post by MotorVenom »

"The Vest comes unraveled" :D