NFL 2011 Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: NFL 2011 Thread

Post by Crazy Levi »

Fuck.
Tymaster wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
Tymaster wrote:Washington has been putting up smoke and mirrors.
That's not true. The Skins D has been excellent - and currently they are keeping the Skins in this game.
I was referring to the offense. Haslett has that D in good order.
You were spot on, at least this week. Skins defense did a good enough job, the offense for sure didn't get it done.

Romo was fantastic I'll have to admit.

The Skins couldn't ask for a better game next week - Rams on the road the week after a big loss - for them to hopefully get back on track.

It was a good game and nice to see the Redskins not embarrass themselves on MNF like they did last year.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

You were spot on, at least this week. Skins defense did a good enough job, the offense for sure didn't get it done.

Romo was fantastic I'll have to admit.

The Skins couldn't ask for a better game next week - Rams on the road the week after a big loss - for them to hopefully get back on track.

It was a good game and nice to see the Redskins not embarrass themselves on MNF like they did last year.
Romo was great tonight, but until he wins a big playoff game...I don't really think Romo is as good a QB as Danny White or Craig Morton was. Much less Aikman or Staubach. I'm still waiting on Romo to show up in the playoffs. Grossman was showing glimpses of his old self. Idiotic mistakes mixed with strokes of brilliance. Despite the loss, I do think Shannahan WILL turn this thing around. Dallas, I'm not sold on but in this years' NFC East, who knows. Despite it being a game of field goals, I was highly entertained. You're not a fan of the NFL if you don't circle Dallas/Washington games as must see tv.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Must see tv?

Yeah that field goal battle was epic.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

What and ugly win. Romo did all he could and then some to make sure his team won the game.
3rd and 21 and that loud-mouth "D. Hall" from the Skins gets burned on
a busted play. I thought he was going to put a helmet on Romo, where it hurts during the game? That fool was nowhere to be found.

I'll take 6 field goals & a victory anytime. So would every other NFL team.

Romo was awesome. He was nursing the rib injury and still managed to put together enough drives to keep the team in the game and gave them a chance to win.

Dallas D was just stingy enough.
Great play by Spencer to sack the QB, force the fumble(a la L. Taylor-Giants).

By the way, I laughed out loud when footage of London Fletcher pumpin up his team pre-game and going so far as saying that Stadium was there home field, :lol:
Go home already. To your real home and TAKE THAT LOSS with you!!!
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:What and ugly win. Romo did all he could and then some to make sure his team won the game.
a busted play. I thought he was going to put a helmet on Romo, where it hurts during the game? That fool was nowhere to be found.

Romo was awesome. He was nursing the rib injury and still managed to put together enough drives to keep the team in the game and gave them a chance to win.

By the way, I laughed out loud when footage of London Fletcher pumpin up his team pre-game and going so far as saying that Stadium was there home field, :lol:
Your gloating has a melancholy ring to it. I think you know the Cowboys ain't that hot. They were lucky to scrape by at home last night. Yes Romo had a decent game but he still hasn't won ANYTHING that really matters. I have my doubts he'll be able to keep it together when it matters - I've never seen a QB whine that much DURING the game...he's bitching at his line...his receivers...the coaches. Can he keep it together when shit isn't going his way?

The East looks pretty even this year and I still think it's a wide open division for any team to take. The worst team might be the Eagles. Largely it comes down to who feasts on the West. Losing to an NFC west team would be disastrous for anybody in the East.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote:What and ugly win. Romo did all he could and then some to make sure his team won the game.

Your gloating has a melancholy ring to it. I think you know the Cowboys ain't that hot. They were lucky to scrape by at home last night. Yes Romo had a decent game but he still hasn't won ANYTHING that really matters. I have my doubts he'll be able to keep it together when it matters - I've never seen a QB whine that much DURING the game...he's bitching at his line...his receivers...the coaches. Can he keep it together when shit isn't going his way?

The East looks pretty even this year and I still think it's a wide open division for any team to take. The worst team might be the Eagles. Largely it comes down to who feasts on the West. Losing to an NFC west team would be disastrous for anybody in the East.
You have to be kidding me! Was Romo actually "whining" or was he reacting to his Center snapping the ball at the wrong time & yelling at his WR's because they lined up incorrectly and were running the wrong routes, etc...
I don't think that is classified as whining, but whatever.
Of course I am gloating. A win vs. a division rival, minus a healthy QB, #1 WR and so on...
I can't imagine the backlash today if Dallas would have found a way to lose the game.
3 games does not make a season.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Everybody in that division looks to slug it out this year, but none of them have been all that impressive so far. The NFC East is playing some ugly ass football this year.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

bane wrote:Everybody in that division looks to slug it out this year, but none of them have been all that impressive so far. The NFC East is playing some ugly ass football this year.
Not as ugly as the NFC West! Would not be surprised to see a 9-7 record win the NFC East though. Along with 7-9 taking the West again!
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
bane

Post by bane »

Tymaster wrote:
bane wrote:Everybody in that division looks to slug it out this year, but none of them have been all that impressive so far. The NFC East is playing some ugly ass football this year.
Not as ugly as the NFC West! Would not be surprised to see a 9-7 record win the NFC East though. Along with 7-9 taking the West again!
We all knew the West was gonna suck. The East has been a surprise.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

bane wrote:
Tymaster wrote:
We all knew the West was gonna suck. The East has been a surprise.
I'm not shocked at the NFC East at all, really. The Eagles "dream team" was a joke coming in and we all knew it. The Giants have been slowly fading since their upset Super Bowl win a few years ago. Cowboys...have they really struck terror in anyone since the days of Jimmy Johnson, Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Alvin Harper, et al.??? And the Redskins are a major work in progress. I just didn't have any expectations for the East. I thought coming in that the North and South were the divisions to watch in the NFC. We'll see.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

bane wrote:We all knew the West was gonna suck. The East has been a surprise.
They are winning ugly but I don't think these are bad teams - hey an East team hasn't lost to the West yet, right?

The Eagles might have a real tough time of it...that line is just atrocious. The other three teams I see being competetive with anybody.
bane

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:
bane wrote:We all knew the West was gonna suck. The East has been a surprise.
They are winning ugly but I don't think these are bad teams - hey an East team hasn't lost to the West yet, right?

The Eagles might have a real tough time of it...that line is just atrocious. The other three teams I see being competetive with anybody.
Anybody? I don't see any of them hanging with the cream of the crop in the North or South. It's really early, but if the status quo holds, both the East and West will just be fodder for the North and South come playoffs.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

IMO, The east has been ugly for years. Even when the Giants won the super bowl, it was pretty ugly with that prayer Eli put up at the end of the game to David Tyree and that year they were really inconsistent.

The east is overrated because the media loves talking about that division.
bane

Post by bane »

NeverSurrender wrote:
The East Coast bias is alive and well indeed.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

bane wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:
The NFC East was, is, and probably always bill way, way, overhyped by the league and every network that carries said league.
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Dear Detroit Lions:

What the fuck?
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

Saints are rolling along. Got some easy games coming up. No worries over here.
"FUN'S OVER."
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Tymaster wrote:
bane wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:
The NFC East was, is, and probably always bill way, way, overhyped by the league and every network that carries said league.
Look at the size of the markets. NYC(1), DC(9), Philly(4), and Dallas(5). Plus Dallas has legions of douchebags that follow them all over the country. Of course they are going to hype the shit out of that division.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Hey assmunch, we didn't say we didn't understand why they talk about that division, we just said they do.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

HMJ wrote:Saints are rolling along. Got some easy games coming up. No worries over here.
Really?

The Saints' "bend but don't break" has been pretty flimsly the past two seasons. I'd be a bit worried about that if I were you. They aren't always going to be able to win these 40-30 shootouts.
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

The 0-3 Vikings have been in the lead for all but 6:51 this season.
bane

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:
HMJ wrote:Saints are rolling along. Got some easy games coming up. No worries over here.
Really?

The Saints' "bend but don't break" has been pretty flimsly the past two seasons. I'd be a bit worried about that if I were you. They aren't always going to be able to win these 40-30 shootouts.
NOLA should be in the mix at the end, but they're going to have to figure out how to start getting all those turnovers like they did a couple years ago if they're gonna get back to the big dance again. Their offense is awesome, but that D isn't scaring anybody this year.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

gr8twhte wrote:The 0-3 Vikings have been in the lead for all but 6:51 this season.
I was so mad in the second half of that game, i was ashamed of myself and called my buddy who was at my house and apologized.

My biggest problem that teh dumbass coaching staff hasn't learned what they're doing wrong. McNabb can hardly throw it anymore, and they come out every second half flinging it all over the field and going nowhere.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

bane wrote:NOLA should be in the mix at the end, but they're going to have to figure out how to start getting all those turnovers like they did a couple years ago if they're gonna get back to the big dance again. Their offense is awesome, but that D isn't scaring anybody this year.
I agree about that N.O. defense this year. Most of the teams look flawed at this point. I haven't seen every team yet, but from what I've watched the teams with the high powered offenses can't stop anyone and the teams with the good defenses can't score. It seems like most of the teams have at least 2 areas that need improvement - QB, RB, OL, DL, LB, DB, etc...

Overall the DBs have played like shit this year. Part of it is the new rules that prevent them from hitting anyone(can't hit a QB without roughing, can't jam receivers, can't lay anyone out down field) and part of it is the lack of an off season. I would look for the teams that are good on offense, decent up front on defense, and have skilled DBs that just need a little time to get into the flow to be the contenders down the stretch.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

NeverSurrender wrote:
gr8twhte wrote:The 0-3 Vikings have been in the lead for all but 6:51 this season.
I was so mad in the second half of that game, i was ashamed of myself and called my buddy who was at my house and apologized.

My biggest problem that teh dumbass coaching staff hasn't learned what they're doing wrong. McNabb can hardly throw it anymore, and they come out every second half flinging it all over the field and going nowhere.
Everyone knew McNabb was toast last year. Are they trying to tank it and go after Luck? If not, Garrard would be an upgrade.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

I think the Vikes like Ponder, and any team tanking it isn't going to be killing people in the 1st half.

I believe it's the OC Bill Musgrave overthinking shit, and trying to get fancy with a washed up qb. I think McNabb is okay when used right. He's not good or anything, but he's not tarvaris jackson either. It's not his fault peterson only got it once in the 3rd quarter sunday.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

NeverSurrender wrote:I think the Vikes like Ponder, and any team tanking it isn't going to be killing people in the 1st half.

I believe it's the OC Bill Musgrave overthinking shit, and trying to get fancy with a washed up qb. I think McNabb is okay when used right. He's not good or anything, but he's not tarvaris jackson either. It's not his fault peterson only got it once in the 3rd quarter sunday.
Still, McNabb can audible if he thinks AP is the best option. I would think defenses would load up on Peterson and force McNabb to try to beat them. And although I haven't seen MN this year that offensive line sucked last year. Pressure McNabb, take Peterson out, and force them into making mistakes would seem to be the strategy to use on them.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

They don't have to take Peterson out. The coaches do it.

And as far as the audibles go, I have no clue what the coaches tell McNabb on that issue, I just know AD ain't getting the ball in the second half. And that's the main problem.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Rainbow Bright wrote:Dear Detroit Lions:

What the fuck?

Dear Rainbow Bright:

It's about fucking time.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
bane

Post by bane »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
bane wrote: I would look for the teams that are good on offense, decent up front on defense, and have skilled DBs that just need a little time to get into the flow to be the contenders down the stretch.
All this airing it out might come back to bite some teams in the ass later. It almost never works in the playoffs. Once it starts getting cold, you better be able to run the ball and D up.