NFL 2011 Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Re: NFL 2011 Thread

Post by MickeyG »

Yeah, their defence even in recent years kept them in games somewhat. But now, the defence is as horrible as the offence.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Tebow is AWESOME!

dude will be Broncos starter for a decade

next season Broncos 11-5
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

KC vs Oak. 8 INTs between 3 QBs. Cassel had a 38.3 QB rating. And he was basically twice what Boller and Palmer did. Palmer a 17.3 . Two 1st rounders not looking very smart at this point. Campbell has nothing to worry about if this continues.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

LAglamrocker wrote:Tebow is AWESOME!

dude will be Broncos starter for a decade

next season Broncos 11-5
Tebow's line from today:
Denver Broncos.....Comp.....Att.....Yds.....Pct.....Y/A..... Sack.....YdsL.....TD.....Int.....Rating
Tim Tebow ........... 13 ....... 27 ... 161 ... 48.1 ... 6.0 ... 7 ......... 36 ... 2 ...... 0 ......91.7

Not exactly awesome. He completed less than half his passes and averaged 6 yards per attempt against one of the worst teams in the league with the 27th ranked defense. The better teams will just keep him in the pocket, take his short stuff away, and force him to go deep.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

Color me happy with Ponder's debut. He made a few mistakes, but nothing experience won't cure, and he seems to be able to make all the throws.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

NeverSurrender wrote:Color me happy with Ponder's debut. He made a few mistakes, but nothing experience won't cure, and he seems to be able to make all the throws.

Right now MN is headed for roughly the 5th pick. Do you keep it and hope to get a stud for the O-line or trade down for a later 1st & 2nd and then use two of the first couple of picks to stock the line? A solid line in front of AP and a decent QB will turn them around pretty quick.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

O-LINE O-LINE - OLINE. And take the best O-Lineman with whatever pick they have, though I still think they will pick later than the fifth pick.

It's a shame they have the greatest RB on the planet and have built no line around him.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

FUCK THE PIECE OF SHIT SAINTS, I'M SURE THEY ENJOY RUNNING UP THE SCORE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION! NO CLASS PIECES OF SHIT!
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

poizond13 wrote:FUCK THE PIECE OF SHIT SAINTS, I'M SURE THEY ENJOY RUNNING UP THE SCORE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION! NO CLASS PIECES OF SHIT!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ths is the NFL, douchey. Stop them.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Running up the score is for LOSERS. This is the National Football League. Have some respect for your opponents. Running up the score serves NO purpose, other than causing humiliation for your opponent and risking injury of your own players. That's why WE have never partaken in such a disgraceful act. Fuck the Saints, we will get our revenge!!
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:FUCK THE PIECE OF SHIT SAINTS, I'M SURE THEY ENJOY RUNNING UP THE SCORE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION! NO CLASS PIECES OF SHIT!
Running up the score in football is something that can occur in Pop Warner, high school, or when Division 1 NCAA powerhouses play their opening games against small schools. There is no such thing as running up the score in the NFL. They are all professionals who are paid to be out there.

Besides, New Orleans didn't throw a single pass the entire 4th quarter. Indy has just laid down so badly that they can't stop anything. Should the Saints have punted the ball every time they got it? Should they have dropped the Pick-6? Should they have completely stopped playing so Indy could make it a little closer?

Enjoy 0-7. It's only going to get worse.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

poizond13 wrote:Running up the score is for LOSERS. This is the National Football League. Have some respect for your opponents. Running up the score serves NO purpose, other than causing humiliation for your opponent and risking injury of your own players. That's why WE have never partaken in such a disgraceful act. Fuck the Saints, we will get our revenge!!
1) You're right, it's the NFL, where professionals play in a league well known for it's parity. So, if you get beat, it's cos you deserved to get beat. You earn respect. Colts have earned nothing this year, and earned nothing in that game.

2) What else could they do? Colts couldn't stop the run or the pass all game. Should they have taken a knee every play? They spread it around their backs well enough to stop any of them being overworked.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
SpecialSauce
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by SpecialSauce »

NeverSurrender wrote:Color me happy with Ponder's debut. He made a few mistakes, but nothing experience won't cure, and he seems to be able to make all the throws.
I see a poor mans Aaron Rodgers. Athletic..can move..can throw on the move...seems to have some moxie and 'want to'...has enough of an arm to beat you deep if you leave it open....doesn't seem like a total doofus like McNabb....I think he might have more raw ability than Stafford. Will see if he has that 'it' factor that Rodgers and Brady have. That ability to dig deep and will victory..that fire. But kid can throw the ball for sure.

Build him a line and get a really good possession WR for him to pair with Harvin and you have a chance to get in the mix in 2013. Secondary needs a ton of work too.
Calexxia
Cockblocked by Poison
Location: HERE I AM MOTHERFUCKER, JUST CLEANING UP MY MOTHERFUCKING BRICKS, BITCH.

Post by Calexxia »

Perhaps this is a stupid question to those of you who are avid sports fans, but after reading P13's comments about "running up the score", I'm a wee bit confused. Obviously, he is referring to New Orleans continuing to play the game that Indianapolis(?) chose not to concede (can you concede a game when it is clear that you have absolutely NO chance of winning it, by American football rules?) But....and here is where I know I will sound stupid--what other option did New Orleans have? Are they supposed to consciously muck up their plays just to prevent the game from being a total rout? Perhaps I'm being thick, but isn't that even LESS sporting than to continue to play what was, apparently, a good game on their behalf? I know in boxing, it's quite frowned upon to "throw" a match and I THOUGHT it was considered cheating to consciously muff plays in order to "lessen the spread"....if I'm wrong, please advise.

And I'm NOT being a brat. I'm genuinely confused here.
"Why leather woman post whore picture of breast!! That is for baby food and husband not internets!!"
soulonfire
Headlining Clubs

Post by soulonfire »

Danzig in the Dark wrote:Roadhead, you are the Jar Jar Binks of Metal Sludge.
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

Unless Jacksonville totally goes off on Baltimore tonight, The AFC North have the top 4 defenses in the NFL
279.5 Cincinnati
280.0 Pittsburgh
286.2 Baltimore
291.0 Cleveland
297.3 San Diego
300.5 Dallas
302.9 Houston
323.6 New York Jets
325.3 Jacksonville
334.0 Detroit
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Calexxia wrote:Perhaps this is a stupid question to those of you who are avid sports fans, but after reading P13's comments about "running up the score", I'm a wee bit confused. Obviously, he is referring to New Orleans continuing to play the game that Indianapolis(?) chose not to concede (can you concede a game when it is clear that you have absolutely NO chance of winning it, by American football rules?) But....and here is where I know I will sound stupid--what other option did New Orleans have? Are they supposed to consciously muck up their plays just to prevent the game from being a total rout? Perhaps I'm being thick, but isn't that even LESS sporting than to continue to play what was, apparently, a good game on their behalf? I know in boxing, it's quite frowned upon to "throw" a match and I THOUGHT it was considered cheating to consciously muff plays in order to "lessen the spread"....if I'm wrong, please advise.

And I'm NOT being a brat. I'm genuinely confused here.
When a team has a huge lead heading into the 4th quarter they are supposed to run the ball on offense to kill the clock without putting up a bunch more points while playing a normal style defense. That is exactly what New Orleans did last night. Had the Saints been running the hurry up offense and throwing deep passes in the closing minutes while being up by 8 TDs then it would have been unsportsmanlike. But they did no such thing.

If anything Indy may be guilty of throwing games to get the #1 pick in this year's draft. There is no way a team goes from a 10 win season to a winless season where they are not even remotely competitive just because they lose their QB. If their coaching staff intentionally set them up for failure the players would know it and quit on their team. The Colts' GM is exactly the type of manager who would give his puppet head coach instructions to do just that.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

There is no way you're anything but a nym with a statement like that. Running up the score. Hilarious. How quickly you forget the Colts still throwing up 20+ points several times in the 4th quarter the last decade and beyond.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
El Metalico
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Metalico »

Some comments about the COWBOYS - Rams game:

Jason Garrett to fans: "You wanted running game, bitches?! How about THAT running game, uh?!"

Emmitt Smith and Tony Dorsett: "Aww c'mon Rams dudes! Like, seriously?"

Jerry Jones: "What's that Murray boy jersey number? I want a 10,000 shipment of those stat!"

Tony Romo: "*Whew...*"

:mrgreen:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

El Metalico wrote:Some comments about the COWBOYS - Rams game:

Jason Garrett to fans: "You wanted running game, bitches?! How about THAT running game, uh?!"

Jerry Jones: "What's that Murray boy jersey number? I want a 10,000 shipment of those stat!"

Orale! The rams were just what Dallas needed. An opponent to get the running game going, get a win, start a winning streak and gain some confidence.
I still prefer Felix Jones as the starter, but since he's injured, maybe Murray can step up, even if he is a rookie.
The 91 yard run was awesome. Busted through the hole and left the rams safety eating dust.

Dallas at philly this Sunday night on NBC Sunday Night Football.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

After a calmer review of last night's game, I take back my original assessment. N.O. did not run up the score. We deserved the outcome. It was an embarrassing and unacceptable game. Effort was not where it needed to be. The complete lack of effectiveness by the defense is astounding. Offense was not much better. That was a complete and total collapse. The repercussions of this game could be far reaching and go beyond this week.

NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

poizond13 wrote:After a calmer review of last night's game, I take back my original assessment. N.O. did not run up the score. We deserved the outcome. It was an embarrassing and unacceptable game. Effort was not where it needed to be. The complete lack of effectiveness by the defense is astounding. Offense was not much better. That was a complete and total collapse. The repercussions of this game could be far reaching and go beyond this week.
why do always sound like a member of the team? Just you say your team sucks, like I do.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

SpecialSauce wrote:
I see a poor mans Aaron Rodgers. Athletic..can move..can throw on the move...seems to have some moxie and 'want to'...has enough of an arm to beat you deep if you leave it open....doesn't seem like a total doofus like McNabb....I think he might have more raw ability than Stafford. Will see if he has that 'it' factor that Rodgers and Brady have. That ability to dig deep and will victory..that fire. But kid can throw the ball for sure.

Build him a line and get a really good possession WR for him to pair with Harvin and you have a chance to get in the mix in 2013. Secondary needs a ton of work too.

Yeah, I like him. Imagine if he had more than 2 NFL lieman on his team. That line is putrid.
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

Hey man...we put Chase Daniels in. We tried to go easy on ya.

That was a good game to watch after last week's failure. A little bit of faith restored. Tough to say how we'll do againts the better teams.
"FUN'S OVER."
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Curtis Painter may be the worst quarterback that I've ever witnessed in my whole life. I know he's there to carry Manning's golf bag, but playing QB is not in his best interest. BTW, good to see that little shit, Chase Daniel, get some reps.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

I thought the Lions were the team to beat.
Another loss, LOL!!

Add to that, Suh is a dirty ass player and one of these Sunday's an
O-Lineman is going to injure the moron as payback.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

SkyDog112046 wrote:KC vs Oak. 8 INTs between 3 QBs. Cassel had a 38.3 QB rating. And he was basically twice what Boller and Palmer did. Palmer a 17.3 . Two 1st rounders not looking very smart at this point. Campbell has nothing to worry about if this continues.
Palmer is such a crybaby whiner. I love the idea of seeing him fail. I was really hoping to never see him again, but if I'm Mike Brown I'd make that trade.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Machado wrote:I thought the Lions were the team to beat.
Another loss, LOL!!

Add to that, Suh is a dirty ass player and one of these Sunday's an
O-Lineman is going to injure the moron as payback.
The Falcons are an enigmatic team.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Chieftan44
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Chieftan44 »

Machado wrote:
El Metalico wrote:Some comments about the COWBOYS - Rams game:

Orale! The rams were just what Dallas needed. An opponent to get the running game going, get a win, start a winning streak and gain some confidence.
I still prefer Felix Jones as the starter, but since he's injured, maybe Murray can step up, even if he is a rookie.
The 91 yard run was awesome. Busted through the hole and left the rams safety eating dust.

Dallas at philly this Sunday night on NBC Sunday Night Football.
I thought the way the Cowboys celebrated after beating the winless Rams was kinda pathetic. It wasn't a rivalry game, the Rams were playing a backup QB...ummm did I mention they're winless?
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Why does Jacksonville have a team?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil