NFL 2011 Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Re: NFL 2011 Thread

Post by SkyDog112046 »

johnk5150 wrote:
Redman77 wrote:Ravens - Giants.
Is Eli Manning considered an elite QB? He should be.
He's not a surgeon like Brees, Rodgers, Brady, or Peyton but he's right behind them in terms of where he ranks. He's also the luckiest QB I've ever seen. There are times he just throws it up and his receivers end up with the ball and you still can't figure out how he made the completion, but there is no denying the guy is effective.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:From here on out I think it will come down to which team is most balanced and has the least fatal flaw.

My take on each team:

New York:
Best overall balance. Can be inconsistent and probably the least talented roster left in the playoffs but no major flaws.

San Francisco:
Defense looks awesome and they can pound the ball with the running game to eat the clock. Smith isn't capable of bringing them back if they make mistakes and get down early.

Baltimore:
Strong veteran defense with a lot of playmakers. The offense sometimes stagnates, the O-line goes through periods where they can't open holes for Rice, the receivers are prone to getting the drops, and Flacco always seems to screw up at the wrong time.

New England:
Best offense left and when Brady is on he can be unstoppable. Well coached and prepared. Weakest defense left by far. They have trouble getting off the field due to blown assignments and missed tackles. Any halfway decent QB can light them up although if the QB does make a mistake they will capitalize on it.
What I learned from this weekend is you can only go so far with offense only. Defense still matters.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

johnk5150 wrote:
Not sure elite is the proper adjective. Efficient when he needs to be. That sounds more like it.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

johnk5150 wrote:
I think this year he was in that category. Take a look at the career stats though. If he continues to play the way he did this year, I'd say he should be in that elite class.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

WTF wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
I think this year he was in that category. Take a look at the career stats though. If he continues to play the way he did this year, I'd say he should be in that elite class.
Guy doesn't strike any fear in opposing defenses. The Giants match up well with the Packers and Fewell had the defense ready to play. Thank you, Perry Fewell, you won me one grand. That said, I'd be surprised to see the Giants make it out of San Francisco.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Tymaster wrote: Guy doesn't strike any fear in opposing defenses. The Giants match up well with the Packers and Fewell had the defense ready to play. Thank you, Perry Fewell, you won me one grand. That said, I'd be surprised to see the Giants make it out of San Francisco.
True. Both games should be good games. I am kind of hoping for a rematch of the Patriots and Giants, but I'd take Pats vs San Fran.
El Metalico
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Metalico »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:Is Eli Manning considered an elite QB? He should be.
He's not a surgeon like Brees, Rodgers, Brady, or Peyton but he's right behind them in terms of where he ranks. He's also the luckiest QB I've ever seen. There are times he just throws it up and his receivers end up with the ball and you still can't figure out how he made the completion, but there is no denying the guy is effective.
Yeah, I think Giants' receivers have bailed out Eli in more than one ocassion.

As for my prediction I think we're gonna have a 2008 rematch. 8)
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

WTF wrote:
Tymaster wrote: Guy doesn't strike any fear in opposing defenses. The Giants match up well with the Packers and Fewell had the defense ready to play. Thank you, Perry Fewell, you won me one grand. That said, I'd be surprised to see the Giants make it out of San Francisco.
True. Both games should be good games. I am kind of hoping for a rematch of the Patriots and Giants, but I'd take Pats vs San Fran.
Fact of the matter is that the Giants are giant killers, pun intended. The Packers were the best team in the playoffs in terms of talent. On any given Sunday any team can lose, and the Giants just did themselves and the other 3 remaining teams a HUGE favor. It is a total toss up from here on out.
panteraman319
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by panteraman319 »

johnk5150 wrote:
it took him seven seasons but i would say yes.....this year he was on fire

being a Giants fan i havent seen a QB since Phil Simms that has been a team leader.......this year i think Eli finally fit the bill
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Aaron Rodgers picked a real bad day to have his worst game in a long time.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

johnk5150 wrote:Aaron Rodgers picked a real bad day to have his worst game in a long time.
All that "perfect season" and "Rodgers will be in more Super Bowls than Brett Favre" talk seem like the kiss of death now, huh.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Eli was a top 5 QB this year. Name QB's still playing that have had better carrers.

Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Roethlisberger???
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Redman77 wrote:Eli was a top 5 QB this year. Name QB's still playing that have had better carrers.

Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Roethlisberger???
Phillip Rivers. Matt Schaub.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

I'd take Eli over both of them.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Redman77 wrote:I'd take Eli over both of them.
Over Rivers? Interesting. I respect your opinion though. Based on reading your threads on here, you know your football.
WTF

Post by WTF »

I probably would too, but statistically their careers have been better than Eli's.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

WTF wrote:
I probably would too, but statistically their careers have been better than Eli's.
I think many of us, myself included, haven't like Eli since the crap he and his daddy pulled on draft day. It has forever tainted my view of him.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

WTF wrote:

Rivers puts up better numbers than Eli in the regular season but tails off in big games. Eli is clutch. I know it's a little unfair to fault Rivers for having Schottenheimer and Turner for coaches but he hasn't taken his team deep enough into the playoffs often enough even though he had some absolutely loaded teams. Eli did more with less.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

It seems like any team in the NFC West that gets hot and not just squeaks in enough wins to win the division goes to the Superbowl.
scarred but smarter
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Has Eli come out of his big Bro's shadow? Would be awesome if he picked up another ring and shoved it up Peytons nose.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

sin wrote:It seems like any team in the NFC West that gets hot and not just squeaks in enough wins to win the division goes to the Superbowl.
The year the Cardinals snuck into the SB was proof that any team can do it. Gives a Browns fan like me something to hope for!
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

Now that all my dreams have been crushed I have to say....Angry Tom Brady for the win. The guy is like a drunk abusive father out there to his teammates. I really relate to that.
"FUN'S OVER."
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

HMJ wrote:Now that all my dreams have been crushed I have to say....Angry Tom Brady for the win. The guy is like a drunk abusive father out there to his teammates. I really relate to that.
It's easy to hate on Belichick and Brady, but any team would kill for either guy. What's even more sad is that the Browns had Belichick. :(
WTF

Post by WTF »

No wonder Ochocinco lined up for exactly one play against Denver. DId he really use John Kitna and Carson Plamer in the same sentence as Brady?
Tom Brady has been "cranky and intense" around his teammates this week, and Chad Ochocinco is concerned, according to Yahoo! Sports.

So concerned he turned to teammates Wes Welker and Deion Branch to make sure everything was ok. He told Yahoo!:

“I was like, ‘Is Tom OK?’ You know, he’s intense, but this was like a whole new thing, man. They were like, ‘It’s that time of the year, you just have to understand,’ ” Ochocinco said. “I’ve been around a lot of really competitive people and I’ve had Carson Palmer and Jon Kitna as my quarterbacks. You know that quarterbacks are a little different. They have to act a little different because of the position. But Tom has taken that to a whole different level.”
Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/201 ... z1jedZpYrx
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Indianpolis doesn't deserve Tebowmania in the Superbowl. Glad it won't happen in that loser town. It will end with Crabtree with the MVP.

Indy deserves a has been QB comeback with a last place schedule for the next season and still won't win 10 games

Tebow did almost the impossible brought a team hoping to win the Luck sweepstakes to an AFC West Champ and knockout of the AFC Champs not so "bad"..and the highest rated Wildcard game in 24 years

Tebow hate is the best thing in the NFL,
Broncos win its because of the defense, Broncos lose its because of Tebow!, so awesome to be a Bronco fan. Tebow will be on at least 5 primetime games next year..win!

i think someone predicted Superbowl won't have Pats,Saints or Greenbay
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

LAglamrocker wrote:Indianpolis doesn't deserve Tebowmania in the Superbowl. Glad it won't happen in that loser town. It will end with Crabtree with the MVP.

Indy deserves a has been QB comeback with a last place schedule for the next season and still won't win 10 games

Tebow did almost the impossible brought a team hoping to win the Luck sweepstakes to an AFC West Champ and knockout of the AFC Champs not so "bad"..and the highest rated Wildcard game in 24 years

Tebow hate is the best thing in the NFL,
Broncos win its because of the defense, Broncos lose its because of Tebow!, so awesome to be a Bronco fan. Tebow will be on at least 5 primetime games next year..win!

i think someone predicted Superbowl won't have Pats,Saints or Greenbay
TJ Yates almost beat the Ravens. It was a close game. The only thing that fucked it up for Houston was Yates' INTs. Brady will not be doing that.
"FUN'S OVER."
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

i felt bad for the Saints, always been a causal fan

but seeing the Packers fans in tears was funny, they still have to live in that town.

Brady won't win another Superbowl, he will choke every season.

how can someone go against the NFC, both defenses just did what none thought could happen took out two high powered offenses.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

LAglamrocker wrote:Indianpolis doesn't deserve Tebowmania in the Superbowl. Glad it won't happen in that loser town. It will end with Crabtree with the MVP.

Gee I was wrong... You're not a bitter crybaby at all..
LAglamrocker wrote:i think someone predicted Superbowl won't have Pats,Saints or Greenbay
I think someone predicted the Super Bowl would have the Broncos though.... :lol:
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

LAglamrocker wrote:Brady won't win another Superbowl, he will choke every season.
Considering your Denver predictions this year I may have to bet my house on the Patriots.
:lol:
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

my predictions were correct, Tebow not a CFL player

Tebow AFC West Champ

my prediction
Broncos Back To Back AFC West Champs, tuff guy :!: