NFL 2011 Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

NFL 2011 Thread

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Since there is going to be a season, a 2011 NFL thread is in order. It's good to see teams back in action again!
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Re: NFL 2011 Thread

Post by Redman77 »

Geist: “So if I had to put you on the spot right now, nothing like a Super Bowl prediction in July, but who would you put in the game?”

Peter King: “Well, I’m going to give you a little bit of an upset, maybe. But I think the Detroit Lions might …”

Geist: “In the Super Bowl!?”

King: “… Might …. MIGHT! … But I want to see what they do in free agency first.”

Geist: “Peter, you’ve lost your mind.”

King: “I know I have.”

Geist: “Peter King just said the Detroit Lions might be in the Super Bowl.”

King: “MIGHT!”

Geist: “I’ll still keep reading you anyway.”
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

^^ :lol:

I am looking forward to watching them this year. I think the lockout is going to hurt them early until but once that D-line gels it should be fun to watch.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

The Lions will be in the super bowl when they get a back 7 on defense.

The Pats just traded for haynesworth.

Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

NeverSurrender wrote:

Nice! For the Jets that is.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Tommy wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:

Nice! For the Jets that is.
This lazy-ass will be out of the league before the season is over.
Pats head coach will literally make his life miserable in the coming
weeks.
ESPN will be all over this and discuss the matter 4 hours a day
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Machado wrote:This lazy-ass will be out of the league before the season is over.
weeks.
Everyone said the same thing about Moss when New England traded for him but he had 3 productive seasons before there were issues. And there were questions about Corey Dillon too and he put up Pro Bowl numbers. If anyone can handle Haynesworth it will be Belichick.

Haynesworth is joining a veteran team with strong leadership in the locker room. If he acts up he is gone because he can be cut prior to the 1st game with no cap consequences and all the Patriots lose is a 5th round pick. It's a low risk move. I'm sure that Haynesworth will be told by his agent that if he blows this he may not get another chance and certainly won't get a big dollar contract. if he gets motivated to play he can will get to be part of a perennial playoff contender and get a nice contract next year.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
Machado wrote:This lazy-ass will be out of the league before the season is over.
weeks.
Everyone said the same thing about Moss when New England traded for him but he had 3 productive seasons before there were issues. And there were questions about Corey Dillon too and he put up Pro Bowl numbers. If anyone can handle Haynesworth it will be Belichick.

Haynesworth is joining a veteran team with strong leadership in the locker room. If he acts up he is gone because he can be cut prior to the 1st game with no cap consequences and all the Patriots lose is a 5th round pick. It's a low risk move. I'm sure that Haynesworth will be told by his agent that if he blows this he may not get another chance and certainly won't get a big dollar contract. if he gets motivated to play he can will get to be part of a perennial playoff contender and get a nice contract next year.

Taking plays off (Moss) and being a completely useless, LAZY sack of shit are 2 different things. Can't change lazy. Bad move by the Pats.
Lonsome Crow
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Lonsome Crow »

OchoCinco is on his way to NE as well:

http://www.local12.com/content/local_sp ... rJ9tw.cspx
Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Lonsome Crow wrote:OchoCinco is on his way to NE as well:

http://www.local12.com/content/local_sp ... rJ9tw.cspx
This could be really good for the Patriots. But it could be the worst thing they have ever done.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

85 is great and a good addition to the win now pats.

But I agree with machado...I think fatass is finished. Not a high risk trade for the
, but I don't think it's going to work out. Al truly doesn't give a fuck.
metalpowerman5000
Chubby Chaser
Location: chasing chubby sludge bitches the fuck away from my cock

Post by metalpowerman5000 »

im just glad FB is back, waitin to see how the teams and players do
"Can I insure my dick?"-David Lee Roth
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Kevin Kolb to the Cardinal. I think Kolb has the tools to be a good QB, but is the end of July too late to get a new QB ready to run a system?

Quarterback moves are usually done in March so the coaching staff can get the QB the playbook and start implementing it while they get reps in mini camp so they have a head start Then they have all of training camp and 4 preseason games to get ready for September, and even then most of them are shaky for the first 4 or 5 games.

It's tough for veterans, and Kolb only has 20 games under his belt. Can he be effective enough the first 6-8 weeks so that AZ isn't already out of contention or is this a lost season?
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

It's as simple as this with the Patriots: Ocho and Haynesworth fuck up they're gone, and fast.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

I'm not sure how this works in the rest of the league,
but I just read that the 49ers are really screwing their fans
in 2011 regarding ticket sales.

*NOTE: Single game and group ticket purchases for games against the Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, and Pittsburgh Steelers will require an equal purchase of any of the following games: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, or Seattle Seahawks. Additionally, group ticket discounts are not offered for games against the Cowboys, Giants, and Steelers. All tickets for these games are sold at the regular single game ticket price
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Machado wrote:I'm not sure how this works in the rest of the league,

*NOTE: Single game and group ticket purchases for games against the Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, and Pittsburgh Steelers will require an equal purchase of any of the following games: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, or Seattle Seahawks. Additionally, group ticket discounts are not offered for games against the Cowboys, Giants, and Steelers. All tickets for these games are sold at the regular single game ticket price

Jets/Giants make season ticket holders buy pre-season tix, but not this. Crazy.
OverMe
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by OverMe »

Q: What do call an Colts fan holding a bottle of champagne after Super Bowl XLIV.
A: Waiter.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Tebow will get Superbowl win with the Broncos before Rodgers gets a 2nd with the Packers

Broncos are back! TebowMANIA starts now!!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

LAglamrocker wrote: Broncos are back! TebowMANIA starts now!!
NOT SO FAST!!!

Kyle Orton not only remains the Broncos' starting quarterback, the first training camp workout of the 2011 season today showed that Tim Tebow is a long way from giving the incumbent much competition.
Orton was his usual polished self, always knowing which of the receivers was open, and hitting them with precision. The Orton-Brandon Lloyd connections down the field picked up where they left off in 2010.
Tebow got just as many reps, but was a tick slower in reading how the play developed and his passes weren't nearly as precise.
"We've got to work on some timing with certain things, but for a first day, I thought it was pretty good," Tebow said.
Orton's closest competitor today was veteran Brady Quinn, who played with a noticeably greater ease and confidence compared to his play in last year's camp.
Quinn also had the first day's best line. Asked if there was any tension between Orton and Tebow, Quinn said: "Look, if you're going to ask questions about football, ask questions about football. I'm not here to talk about anyone's relationship status. Save that for Twitter or Facebook or some message board."
True, one workout does not a competition make. And it's probably not fair to compare Orton, who has been a four-season starter in the NFL, to Tebow, who has started just three games.
It's just that if Orton isn't traded to the Miami Dolphins or any other team in coming weeks, it would be shocking if he's not the Broncos' starting quarterback in their regular-season opener Sept. 12.
"I've said this before, when you play this position, there's always something going on," Orton said. "I'm here. My mindset is I'm going to be here. I've let the team know I want to be here. I plan on playing my best ball."
Orton trade talks between the Broncos and Dolphins are not dead, but they don't appear to be hot, either. Contrary to reports, the hang up is more about Orton's contract than a disagreement over draft-pick compensation, according to two NFL sources.
One problem is the new CBA procedures don't allow teams to restructure contracts until 4:01 p.m. MDT today. Orton has one year at roughly $8.829 million left on his contract. Perhaps when the transition contract period opens at 4:01, Orton trade talks will heat up.
Or maybe not.
"I can go back almost six months and my tune hasn't changed — Kyle is under contract. He's starting on the depth chart at No. 1," said Broncos new head coach John Fox.
Asked specifically about Orton trade talks, Fox said: "Out of respect for the players and just the way we handle things, I'm not going to discuss internal discussions from the building publicly."
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Machado wrote:I'm not sure how this works in the rest of the league,

They are screwing them keeping that lemon Alex Smith too, but that is another rant.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Asomugha to the Eagles. They are going to have a great pair of CBs between him and Samuel.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Asomugha to the Eagles. They are going to have a great pair of CBs between him and Samuel.

Rodgers-Cromartie too. Kolb is overrated, nice pick up by the Iggles.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Tommy wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:Asomugha to the Eagles. They are going to have a great pair of CBs between him and Samuel.

Rodgers-Cromartie too. Kolb is overrated, nice pick up by the Iggles.
They are going to dominate against 3 receiver sets and there will only be a few QBs that can even think of going deep on them. I think the only way to go after them is with 2 TEs and power running up the middle and try to move the ball in 7-8 yard chunks.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

They were saying on NFL Network yesterday that Samuels will be the odd man out now.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Facedown wrote:They were saying on NFL Network yesterday that Samuels will be the odd man out now.
If he was to become a cap casualty he would look real good back in New England paired up with McCourty. He certainly had success in the system before.
LetUsPrey
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by LetUsPrey »

Eagles and Pats in the big show.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Facedown wrote:They were saying on NFL Network yesterday that Samuels will be the odd man out now.
Wasn't the consensus two years ago that Samuel was washed up? The guy was damn good before he got paid big money.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

ParaDime77 wrote:
Wasn't the consensus two years ago that Samuel was washed up? The guy was damn good before he got paid big money.
Samuel is a ball hawk and has great hands. He has been a Pro Bowler every season with Philly, so he still has it. If they make him the 3rd corner he is not going to be happy.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

He says he wants to stay there but between the 3 of them, it's about 20 mil against a 120 mil cap.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

It'll be the same thing as every year. White guy passes the ball, black guys catch it and then go do some crimes.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?