MICHAEL VICK

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

MICHAEL VICK

Post by yeahbuddy »

Poor f'n baby!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-wp7871

Michael Vick(notes) sat on the bench as his Eagles were locked in a competitive game with the New York Giants. According Fox's Daryl "Moose" Johnston, Vick's right (non-throwing) hand is broken.

Mike Kafka(notes) replaced Vick in the game, despite Vince Young(notes) being dressed this week, too.

This isn't what Vick needed. He struggled to get ready this week with a concussion, and while that condition doesn't appear to be aggravated, he doesn't need the additional troubles of a broken hand.

Vick was battered throughout the game, and he's been frustrated since last year that the referee protections extended to quarterbacks like Tom Brady(notes), Peyton Manning(notes), and Ben Roethlisberger(notes) aren't extended to him. Basically, the refs see Vick as a runner sooner than those other quarterbacks, hits on him aren't as easily flagged, and it's generally open season on the Eagles quarterback.

In his post-game press donference, Vick let the zebras have it.

"I was trying to protect myself," Vick said . "Still didn't get a flag and that's pretty much been the story for the last three weeks. I mean, obviously at some point something catastrophic is going to happen and I broke my hand.

"Looking at the replays, I'm on the ground every time, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't frustrated," Vick continued. "The refs have got to do their jobs. And I mentioned it to the refs in training camp when I talked to them. I'm on the ground constantly, all the time. Every time I throw the ball, I'm on the ground. And I don't know why I don't get the 15-yard flags like everybody else does."

Eagles head coach Andy Reid addressed the sitution last season.

"It bothers me, to be honest with you," Reid said last December. "That bothers me. I see the same thing you're seeing and it bothers me. He does run, but he's still the quarterback and you can't treat him like he's a running back there. That's not what the rules state."

Again, it's his non-throwing hand. That's the good news. The bad news is that the Eagles offensive line performed today like uniformed pylons, and Vick spent much of the game trying to keep New York Giants from swallowing him whole. If it wasn't the hand, sooner or later, it was going to be something.
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: MICHAEL VICK

Post by gr8twhte »

My second favorite dog killer.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Even though, after sitting a season out, I started following The Birds again. Fuuuuuuuuuuck yoouuuu, Vick.
Last edited by John Simon Ritchie on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Too bad they didn't stick your paw in a light socket asshole.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

He might have a point. I watched yesterday's game and he got nailed on several borderline late hits that went unflagged.

Regardless, it's that Eagles' line that's going to get him killed, not the refs.

Early word is he's out 3-4 weeks.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

I can't believe he was cleared in the first place. If you're the Eagles what are you doing letting the guy you just gave 40 million guaranteed to even play if his brain wasn't back to 110%.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Crazy Levi wrote:He might have a point. I watched yesterday's game and he got nailed on several borderline late hits that went unflagged.

Regardless, it's that Eagles' line that's going to get him killed, not the refs.

Early word is he's out 3-4 weeks.

He has no point. He's not Brady or Mannining.

Not that i think they should get calls either, but he's putting himself in with the wrong group of qbs.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

johnk5150 wrote:I can't believe he was cleared in the first place. If you're the Eagles what are you doing letting the guy you just gave 40 million guaranteed to even play if his brain wasn't back to 110%.

BACK to 110%???
SullyHernia
Music Fan

Post by SullyHernia »

I hate to say it...but I agree with Vick. He gets killed out there and never gets flags. Terrell Suggs was just on ESPN saying as much as he hates QBs he agrees with Vick too, Suggs also said his QB (Joe Flacco) doesn't get the flags other QBs get either when he gets layed out after the pass.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

SullyHernia wrote:I hate to say it...but I agree with Vick. He gets killed out there and never gets flags. Terrell Suggs was just on ESPN saying as much as he hates QBs he agrees with Vick too, Suggs also said his QB (Joe Flacco) doesn't get the flags other QBs get either when he gets layed out after the pass.

Vick and Flacco aren't Manning and Brady.

Michael Jordan got more calls than Jamaal Mashburn too.
metalpowerman5000
Chubby Chaser
Location: chasing chubby sludge bitches the fuck away from my cock

Post by metalpowerman5000 »

John Simon Ritchie wrote: Fuuuuuuuuuuck yoouuuu, Vick.
"Can I insure my dick?"-David Lee Roth