Djokovic V Nadal

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Cyber Spirit
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Djokovic V Nadal

Post by Cyber Spirit »

Djokovic V Nadal.
What an epic match.
Kerry King's Pentagram
Asskicker in Training

Re: Djokovic V Nadal

Post by Kerry King's Pentagram »

It was awesome. It was also the longest grand slam final in history. Djokovic fully deserves his no.1 status.

"Hey Butt-Head. What did people do before TV?" "Don't be stupid, Beavis. There's always been TV. There's just more channels now." "Oh yeah, progress is cool!"
Frett_Bored
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Frett_Bored »

Tennis is weird, especially now in one of the best stretches in recent memory.

Federer has 16 majors, but can't beat Nadal to save his life. The only reason Federer has a French is because Nadal was hurt.

Nadal has 10 majors, but hasn't beaten Djokovic in years, and has lost three Slam finals to him.
Cyber Spirit

Post by Cyber Spirit »

Frett_Bored wrote:Tennis is weird, especially now in one of the best stretches in recent memory.

Federer has 16 majors, but can't beat Nadal to save his life. The only reason Federer has a French is because Nadal was hurt.

Nadal has 10 majors, but hasn't beaten Djokovic in years, and has lost three Slam finals to him.
Soderling defeated Nadal the year
Federer won the French.

Federer is probaly the most
talented guy to pick up a raquet,
but he falls short of Nadal and
Djokovic when it comes to heart.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

These guys are in constant beast mode. How the fuck do you keep a tennis match going for so long? I'd tire out after about three minutes. An impressive display, to be sure.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Frett_Bored wrote:Tennis is weird, especially now in one of the best stretches in recent memory.

Yeah Nadal knows Federer's game, and Djokovic knows Nadal's game. I think its now 8 games in a row where Djokovic has beaten Nadal.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Cyber Spirit wrote: Federer is probaly the most
talented guy to pick up a raquet,
but he falls short of Nadal and
Djokovic when it comes to heart.
That's unfair I think. He's not as effusive in his displays of determination, but I would never question his heart. Don't forget he's a good five or six years older and further into his career than either of those guys, it's natural they would eclipse him at this point, not indicative of his lack of heart. If anything Djokovic is the guy who for a number of years could have been criticized for a lack of grit. He's put that to rest though.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

MurrayFiend wrote:These guys are in constant beast mode.
This. It may not be a contact sport, but playing a game at that level, for that long? In the heat some of those tournaments are played in?! That's mentally and physically brutal.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Cyber Spirit wrote:

Soderling defeated Nadal the year
Federer won the French.
Nadal's knees were fucked though - he didn't even defend his title and Wimbledon a couple of months later. WIth all due respect to Soderling, no way he beats a healthy Nadal on clay in 2009.
Kerry King's Pentagram
Asskicker in Training

Post by Kerry King's Pentagram »

demolition23 wrote:That's unfair I think. He's not as effusive in his displays of determination, but I would never question his heart. Don't forget he's a good five or six years older and further into his career than either of those guys, it's natural they would eclipse him at this point, not indicative of his lack of heart. If anything Djokovic is the guy who for a number of years could have been criticized for a lack of grit. He's put that to rest though.
Totally agree. On your last point, I wonder if Andy Murray will ever get past his mental block in grand slam semis and finals and finally win one of them? His performance against Djokovic on Friday, while a loss, was certainly worthy of a champion and the fact that's he made 3 slam finals shows that he's capable of going all the way but it seems he has the same problem that Djokovic used to have. Now that both men are in their mid-20s and Djoko has improved massively in the past 18 months, is it too late now for Murray to achieve his breakthrough win?

"Hey Butt-Head. What did people do before TV?" "Don't be stupid, Beavis. There's always been TV. There's just more channels now." "Oh yeah, progress is cool!"
Cyber Spirit

Post by Cyber Spirit »

Kerry King's Pentagram wrote:
demolition23 wrote:That's unfair I think. He's not as effusive in his displays of determination, but I would never question his heart. Don't forget he's a good five or six years older and further into his career than either of those guys, it's natural they would eclipse him at this point, not indicative of his lack of heart. If anything Djokovic is the guy who for a number of years could have been criticized for a lack of grit. He's put that to rest though.
Totally agree. On your last point, I wonder if Andy Murray will ever get past his mental block in grand slam semis and finals and finally win one of them? His performance against Djokovic on Friday, while a loss, was certainly worthy of a champion and the fact that's he made 3 slam finals shows that he's capable of going all the way but it seems he has the same problem that Djokovic used to have. Now that both men are in their mid-20s and Djoko has improved massively in the past 18 months, is it too late now for Murray to achieve his breakthrough win?

I think he needs a draw to go his way
for his first slam win.He definately
has the talent.Three all time greats
in one era to deal with.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

I was watching the Open the other night while Djokovic was playing, I was just floored at how damn good the guy is. Just straight up power and speed on the hardcourt.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Cyber Spirit wrote:Djokovic V Nadal.
What an epic match.
u actually watched this at 3am?
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Cyber Spirit

Post by Cyber Spirit »

Heenan Snuka wrote:
What an epic match.

It started at 4.30pm.Where the
fuck do you live?
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

The only thing worse than playing tennis for 5 1/2 hours would be watching tennis for 5 1/2 hours.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Frett_Bored

Post by Frett_Bored »

Cyber Spirit wrote:
Heenan Snuka wrote:
What an epic match.
It started at 4.30pm.Where the
fuck do you live?
It was 3 a.m. live on the East coast, due to it being in Australia. I watched the last two sets before church on Sunday morning. Maybe you saw the rebroadcast?
Cyber Spirit

Post by Cyber Spirit »

Frett_Bored wrote: It was 3 a.m. live on the East coast, due to it being in Australia. I watched the last two sets before church on Sunday morning. Maybe you saw the rebroadcast?
No i was being silly,im from Perth,Australia.
Frett_Bored

Post by Frett_Bored »

Cyber Spirit wrote:
Frett_Bored wrote: It was 3 a.m. live on the East coast, due to it being in Australia. I watched the last two sets before church on Sunday morning. Maybe you saw the rebroadcast?
Noice!!
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Frett_Bored wrote: I watched the last two sets before church on Sunday morning.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Cyber Spirit wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fuckin nice...didnt know we had any regular Aussie posters here
Stoner wrote:
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Bump! Nadal just won a four hour marathon match at French Open against Djokovic. Impressive!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for