The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Re: NFL 2012 Thread

Post by bane »

The Saints will leave with egg on their face.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I don't know the Saints just seem to find a way to beat the Falcons somehow its like its in Atlanta's head.

Most of these Thursday night games have been shitty matchups bout time we get a good one.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

bane wrote:The Saints will leave with egg on their face.
And their bus...
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

bane wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
Machado wrote:
By the way, Joe Buck sucks in the NFL and MLB!
I don't mind Buck because he knows he has the job because of his father. Someone even asked him about the best way to break into the business and he said 'have a father who was a legend in broadcasting'.

Or something to that effect.
I think Joe Buck is really good. I don't get all this broadcaster judging. Some are better than others, but I really dont pay much attention. The only guy that ever really got on my nerves was Theisman.
Same for me. SOme are better, some are worse, but it is a rare broadcaster that really bothers me.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Blizzard of Cos
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Blizzard of Cos »

It's probably been said before and will be said again, but Peter King sucks!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Luminiferous wrote:
bane wrote:The Saints will leave with egg on their face.
And their bus...
5 INT's from Drew Brees was HUGE.
I think he played with eggs on his face all night.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
bane

Post by bane »

johnk5150 wrote:http://fansided.com/2012/12/01/report-k ... -facility/

Sounds like murder/suicide
Horrible story. Why would the guy drive to work and shoot himself there? This tale is all kind of fucked up.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

bane wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:http://fansided.com/2012/12/01/report-k ... -facility/

Sounds like murder/suicide
Horrible story. Why would the guy drive to work and shoot himself there? This tale is all kind of fucked up.
Jovan Belcher. Apparently he was going to practice normally but the coaches confronted him in the parking lot and he killed himself.

Belcher and his girlfriend had a baby in September.

If he shot himself in the head they won't be able to do the CTE scan to see if the crazy had set in yet.

$tevil
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

It's a shame it wasn't one of the quarterbacks; they wouldn't have hit anything they were aiming at.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

He killed himself in front of coach Crennel and the team's GM. From ESPN.com:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A 25-year-old Kansas City Chiefs player fatally shot his girlfriend early Saturday, then drove to Arrowhead Stadium and turned the gun on himself and committed suicide as two team officials were confronting him, police said.

Kansas City police Supervisor Andrea Khan would not release the name of the player.

Police spokesman Darin Snapp said authorities received a call Saturday morning from a woman who said her daughter had been shot multiple times at a residence about five miles away from the Arrowhead complex. Snapp said a call was then received from the Chiefs' practice facility.

Upon arriving, Snapp said that police witnessed a black male in a car with a handgun to his head talking to two Chiefs officials. That's when police heard a gunshot.

Members of the Chiefs organization told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter some players noticed the shooter was troubled in his car, went in the facility and told someone, before general manager Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel called police and went outside to talk to him. The player then killed himself in front of them.

Arrowhead Stadium has been locked down since about 8 a.m.

"We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning," the Chiefs said in a statement. "We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation."

The Chiefs, expected to contend for the AFC West title entering the season, are 1-10 and mired in an eight-game losing streak that has been marked by devastating injuries and fan upheaval, with constant calls the past few weeks for Pioli and coach Crennel to be fired.

Kansas City is scheduled to host the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.

The NFL has told the Panthers to travel as planned to Kansas City on Saturday, the Charlotte Observer has reported, citing interim general manager Brandon Beane.

The Chiefs have been ravaged by injuries, lead the league in turnovers, can't settle on a quarterback and are dealing with a full-fledged fan rebellion.

The Twitter account for a fan group known as "Save Our Chiefs" recently surpassed 80,000 followers, about 17,000 more than the announced crowd at a recent game.

Things have been so bad this season that Crennel fired himself as defensive coordinator.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Ooh to soon! But funny.(referring to whitehousesubac's post)
scarred but smarter
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

WOLF wrote:He killed himself in front of coach Crennel and the team's GM. From ESPN.com:
Apparently he thanked the coach 'for everything' whipped out the gun and shot himself.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

"the Chiefs are still here today holding their meetings at 9:30" - Darryl Snap, KC PD.

They moved on pretty quickly.

$tevil
bane

Post by bane »

johnk5150 wrote:"the Chiefs are still here today holding their meetings at 9:30" - Darryl Snap, KC PD.

They moved on pretty quickly.
Kind of reinforces Winston's "We aren't gladiators'" thing, huh?
Goddamn Electric
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Goddamn Electric »

Black pro football player kills his woman...haven't we seen this before? :roll:

Keepin' yo pimp hand strong, nigga!

Two words...ROID RAGE.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Goddamn Electric wrote:Black pro football player kills his woman...haven't we seen this before? :roll:

Keepin' yo pimp hand strong, nigga!

Two words...ROID RAGE.
So was it roids or that he was black? Make up your mind dumbass.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

His race had nothing to do with it, there have been white athletes who've killed their wives/kids like umm, Chris Benoit.
bane

Post by bane »

dtmfs wrote:His race had nothing to do with it, there have been white athletes who've killed their wives/kids like umm, Chris Benoit.
Of course it didn't. Arguing the point with racists is a waste of time though.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Colts VS Lions today. I see this as a tough match up for us and a game we probably won't win. We just haven't played very well on the road, and we match up horribly against the Lions defensively. I don't see us being able to stop Megatron. Hopefully we make it close, but I think the Lions will take this one. Luckily this win would just be a bonus, not a necessity in terms of the big picture and making the playoffs.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

bane

Post by bane »

I'm really curious how you figure this as a game you can afford to lose? Lose this, you could easily be 8-8.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

bane wrote:I'm really curious how you figure this as a game you can afford to lose? Lose this, you could easily be 8-8.
Hardly. The way I look at it, right now 9 wins most likely gets us in. We can handle the Titans at home and the Chiefs. That gets us to 9 wins already. Win one out of two against HOU, which is very doable, and that gets us to ten wins and almost a guaranteed playoff berth. Hell, Houston will probably be resting their starters during the last game anyway, so that should be an easy win. That puts us at 10-11 wins even with losing to the Lions.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Dick Stockton is hilarious...he's so senile but he thinks nothing of it, lol...i love his play-by-play, so simple and doesnt overthink things, lol, and his new york accent makes it funny overall

Troy Aikman is the new Madden...a common-sense approach to analyzing, I love it...also comes across with a sense of wonder and giggles if someone did something unique, lol, exactly the way Madden would...u can tell Aikman loved him, knowing that Madden did all his games in the 90s

Al Michaels is pure pro....i always laughed at how Michaels would put up Dierdorf on MNF

Gus Johnson is the most exciting but havent heard him do any NFL this year
same with brennaman, not sure if he's doing NFL this year, but he's a pure pro

I used to hate Joe Buck but he's kinda tempered his arrogance and he isnt bad now...not great either

Gumbel and Simms are a good duo
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Heenan Snuka wrote: Troy Aikman is the new Madden...a common-sense approach to analyzing, I love it...also comes across with a sense of wonder and giggles if someone did something unique, lol, exactly the way Madden would...u can tell Aikman loved him, knowing that Madden did all his games in the 90s
Yeah, I hated the '90's Cowboys, but love watching Aikman call a game.

As a Panther fan, we pretty much get the bottom of the barrel every week. Like Mike Martz. :|
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:
bane wrote:I'm really curious how you figure this as a game you can afford to lose? Lose this, you could easily be 8-8.
Hardly. The way I look at it, right now 9 wins most likely gets us in. We can handle the Titans at home and the Chiefs. That gets us to 9 wins already. Win one out of two against HOU, which is very doable, and that gets us to ten wins and almost a guaranteed playoff berth. Hell, Houston will probably be resting their starters during the last game anyway, so that should be an easy win. That puts us at 10-11 wins even with losing to the Lions.
Rapistberger getting injured pretty much guarantees Indy a playoff spot. So Indy is going to get the privilege of leaving their cushy dome to either going to outside to Denver where Manning will be waiting to stick it to his former employer or up to a cold and probably snowy Foxboro where Brady & Belichick will be waiting to stick it to their 2nd least favorite franchise. Either way, Indy will get spanked by at least 3 TDs. "Dome team + wild card = blown out"
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Something to think about: Do modern stadiums somewhat negate the home field advantage? Yes, road teams still need to travel, adjust to time zone changes, and stay in hotels. But once they are at the stadium they get better visitor's facilities and then play in an arena where the home crowd isn't as close to the field as they used to be. Wider seats and more spacing means less fans right on top of the action, and luxury booths keep a bigger percentage of home fans behind glass. Higher priced seating changes the makeup of the crowd to less blue collar fans. And the playing surfaces themselves are more uniform. Not to say that some stadiums don't provide a definite home field advantage, or that newer stadiums don't provide any home field advantage, just that fewer of the new stadiums provide the amount of home field advantage that the older stadiums did. Thoughts?
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

And 8-8 can still get them the 5th seed.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Something to think about: Do modern stadiums somewhat negate the home field advantage? Yes, road teams still need to travel, adjust to time zone changes, and stay in hotels. But once they are at the stadium they get better visitor's facilities and then play in an arena where the home crowd isn't as close to the field as they used to be. Wider seats and more spacing means less fans right on top of the action, and luxury booths keep a bigger percentage of home fans behind glass. Higher priced seating changes the makeup of the crowd to less blue collar fans. And the playing surfaces themselves are more uniform. Not to say that some stadiums don't provide a definite home field advantage, or that newer stadiums don't provide any home field advantage, just that fewer of the new stadiums provide the amount of home field advantage that the older stadiums did. Thoughts?
Spot on post! I'd say homefield is negated indeed. Playing in old Cleveland Stadium behooved the Browns big time, the new generic pad, not so much.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Something to think about: Do modern stadiums somewhat negate the home field advantage? Yes, road teams still need to travel, adjust to time zone changes, and stay in hotels. But once they are at the stadium they get better visitor's facilities and then play in an arena where the home crowd isn't as close to the field as they used to be. Wider seats and more spacing means less fans right on top of the action, and luxury booths keep a bigger percentage of home fans behind glass. Higher priced seating changes the makeup of the crowd to less blue collar fans. And the playing surfaces themselves are more uniform. Not to say that some stadiums don't provide a definite home field advantage, or that newer stadiums don't provide any home field advantage, just that fewer of the new stadiums provide the amount of home field advantage that the older stadiums did. Thoughts?
I agree. Since you're a hockey guy, the best example as I can give you is this:

Montreal Forum vs. Bell Centre

Where did the B's hate playing more? Those "ghosts" did not move a few blocks east with the Habs, I guarantee you that.

The Forum, the way it was built, was like the people in the balcony were hovering over you, ready to pounce. The Bell Centre, from the construction, to the ambiance (or lack thereof), to the seating, to the music, is a big ZERO in the intimidation factor.

It was a bit the same in Boston too I imagine. I'd been to the Garden, for a B's/Habs game, and I can't imagine that the "Insert Bank Name Here" Garden is anywhere near as intimidating to visitors.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

WOLF wrote:
I agree. Since you're a hockey guy, the best example as I can give you is this:

Montreal Forum vs. Bell Centre

Where did the B's hate playing more? Those "ghosts" did not move a few blocks east with the Habs, I guarantee you that.

The Forum, the way it was built, was like the people in the balcony were hovering over you, ready to pounce. The Bell Centre, from the construction, to the ambiance (or lack thereof), to the seating, to the music, is a big ZERO in the intimidation factor.

It was a bit the same in Boston too I imagine. I'd been to the Garden, for a B's/Habs game, and I can't imagine that the "Insert Bank Name Here" Garden is anywhere near as intimidating to visitors.
You are right, they've done that in all sports with the new arenas & stadiums built over the past 15-20 years. The Forum, Cleveland Stadium, Boston Garden, lot's of places lost their edge. The old Boston Garden was one of the best home arena advantages in sports. Especially for the Celtics when Red Auerbach was running things. The crowd was on top of the court, there were dead spots all over the parquet floor, the visitor's locker room was tiny, and Red always made sure the visiting team got ice cold showers after the game. I can't imagine that not getting into an opponent's head. :lol: