The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Peterbilt wrote:Chiefs had no pass rush tonight. Hopefully, they can get some payback at Arrowhead in 2 weeks. :x

Does this mean no gigantic Chiefs logo this week?
Does this work instead?

:lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Very nice. Enjoy the rest of the season...much like Truthersurrender before me, I'm out.

While I'm used to Redskins seasons being basically over by Thanksgiving, this one seems even more depressing than usual.

Oh Sundays at the sports bar, I'll miss you. Until about 10 months from now. Can't wait!

I'm still rooting for the Giants to win the division...mostly because they aren't the Cowboys or the Eagles, and ESPECIALLY because they have no fans who post here.
SkeletorsGhost
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkeletorsGhost »

Bludegeon wrote:I hate bye weeks..

Eagles looking like they will win the East. Not sure that is a positive,but, still.
I think Giants will beat the Cowboys as well. Go Eagles :mrgreen:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The relationship between Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III and head coach Mike Shanahan already was being dissected and discussed in depth before Sunday's loss. What Griffin said after falling to the Philadelphia Eagles is sure to intensify the discussion.

Griffin, per the Washington Post's Mike Jones, had a telling statement about the Redskins' gameplan in their 24-16 loss that might have knocked them out of playoff contention.

“They did a good job of scheming us up,” Griffin said. “They kind of knew what was coming before it was coming and that was disheartening. But like I told the guys, regardless of what’s going on out there, we’re the players and we have to make the plays work, and we just weren’t doing that in the first half.”

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:The relationship between Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III and head coach Mike Shanahan already was being dissected and discussed in depth before Sunday's loss. What Griffin said after falling to the Philadelphia Eagles is sure to intensify the discussion.

Griffin, per the Washington Post's Mike Jones, had a telling statement about the Redskins' gameplan in their 24-16 loss that might have knocked them out of playoff contention.

“They did a good job of scheming us up,” Griffin said. “They kind of knew what was coming before it was coming and that was disheartening. But like I told the guys, regardless of what’s going on out there, we’re the players and we have to make the plays work, and we just weren’t doing that in the first half.”
Machado has been pushing this RGII vs Shanahan shit since training camp, for fucking months! I think I finally believe him. And it's going to get worse.

I've done some poking around....I've found some inside reports that show RGIII voted for Obama and Shanahan hates Obama then to make matters worse Shanahan believes there's Aliens in area 51 and RGIII don't believe in them. This has created a time bomb environment in the Skins locker room.
According to Machado, RGIII and Shanahan have never liked each other and have been fighting since training camp. Now we know it's the truth.

It's about Obama and Aliens......You call it Machado.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

milk-milk-lemonade wrote:Image

If whistle isn't blown stop fucking lollygagging Welker.

I loved the shove. :lol:
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:
Peterbilt wrote:Chiefs had no pass rush tonight. Hopefully, they can get some payback at Arrowhead in 2 weeks. :x
Manning has the best sense of when he's about to be hit. Maybe better than Brady at getting the ball out.
Agreed, except when Brady's spider sense goes off he don't throw INT's in big games.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bludegeon wrote:Eagles looking like they will win the East. Not sure that is a positive,but, still.

Are you kidding, of course it's a positive if the Eagles win the East. Everyone knows the Cowboy's are America's.......Most hated team.
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

FUCKING A PANTHERS!!!! ANOTHER WIN!
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Baltimore Business Journal
BackLocation

How the Ravens-Bears weather delay impacted WJZ's coverage
Ryan Sharrow
Baltimore Business Journal
Date: Monday, November 18, 2013, 3:00pm EST

Share via Facebook
Share via Twitter
Share via LinkedIn
Share via Email
The Ravens-Bears game on Sunday delivered a rare two-hour weather delay and painful overtime loss for Baltimore fans. But it wasn’t all bad news for WJZ-TV, the local CBS affiliate carrying the nearly five-and-a-half hour bout.

With the game ending around 6:20 p.m., Ravens fans stuck with the network instead of potentially opting to flip to Fox to watch the Green Bay Packers and New York Giants. WJZ was not scheduled to air another NFL game on Sunday once the Ravens had ended, which is typically around 4 p.m. for a 1 p.m. start. The delay meant the Ravens game went heads up with the Fox doubleheader.

“It’s totally great to have as many people watching sporting events and other programming that you can get on your TV station,” said Jay Newman, general manager for WJZ.

The first half-hour of the Ravens game — before the delay started — drew a 26.9 household rating, or 456,000 people in the Baltimore area, said Newman, citing Nielsen data. Once the game resumed at 3:25 p.m., that share grew to 33.5, or 615,000 people.

Typically, 4 p.m. games tend to draw higher audiences, so with the delay driving the game to a late finish, WJZ was able to keep eyeballs coming on board. The station posted a 22.7 rating during the 2:15-3:15 portion of the delay when the Cleveland Browns-Cincinnati Bengals game aired.

“What happened yesterday was unusual and was uncharted territory,” Newman said.

Overall, WJZ’s projected revenue from the game came in as expected, he said.

All of the scheduled advertisements for the Ravens game aired and some advertisers benefitted from having commercials run twice because of the extended period of the game.

One wrinkle came due to the shortened WJZ postgame show, which ran from 6:20 p.m. to 7 p.m. The show was scheduled to run 90 minutes had it not been for the delay. As a result, a few scheduled commercials did not run, Newman said.

CBS loved the delay. There were more eyeballs after 3 when they could charge more per ad.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

kylel wrote:FUCKING A PANTHERS!!!! ANOTHER WIN!
Imagine Rivera was a hot seat coach at the start of the season.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

johnk5150 wrote:
Imagine Rivera was a hot seat coach at the start of the season.
The hot seat is what saved him. At 1-3, he figured "Fuck it, if I'm going out, I'm going out guns blazing." He stopped being so conservative, and Riverboat Ron was born.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

UtahRatt wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:Eagles looking like they will win the East. Not sure that is a positive,but, still.

Are you kidding, of course it's a positive if the Eagles win the East. Everyone knows the Cowboy's are America's.......Most hated team.

Not if you are a Cowboys fan dipshit..

Yay!!!

The Ref's. errmm the Panthers win another game..

What a complete BS ending to that game.

Put another piece foil on my tin lid. If the NFL ain't fixed, then I am a middle aged pissed off puke.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Bludegeon wrote:Put another piece foil on my tin lid. If the NFL ain't fixed, then I am a middle aged pissed off puke.
Because the calls always go against New England, right? The NFL isn't fixed. It just has terrible officials.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

They look good. Fucking Cam had a couple amazing escapes from sacks and may have saved the game with all his third down running and passing. It was a good game (I am a Pats fan, but thought both teams looked pretty solid and was entertained).
FullMetalWhackit
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by FullMetalWhackit »

johnk5150 wrote:According to reports everyone knew that weather system was going to hit Soldier Field during the game 24 hours before kickoff. They had every opportunity to delay the kick til 3:15 but CBS WANTED the delay because Fox had the 3:00 national game and CBS wanted the national audience between 3 and 5:30 that they weren't scheduled to have originally. Basically put 75000 people in harms way for money .
What did the President know, and when did he know it?

Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:Put another piece foil on my tin lid. If the NFL ain't fixed, then I am a middle aged pissed off puke.
Because the calls always go against New England, right? The NFL isn't fixed. It just has terrible officials.

Nope, not at all. That call was horseshit..

The rulebook is completely too complex. But, once again, you would have to be Anne Frank if you don't think that wasn't PI. Or, in any case Defensive holding.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Bludegeon wrote:
The rulebook is completely too complex. But, once again, you would have to be Anne Frank if you don't think that wasn't PI. Or, in any case Defensive holding.
Is this Anne Frank thing a joke for you, or are you simply engaging in one of the more hilarious mistaken identity gambits we've seen in a while? This ain't the first time you've done it.

I think you mean Helen Keller?

Or am I missing the joke here?
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Bludegeon wrote:But, once again, you would have to be Anne Frank if you don't think that wasn't PI. Or, in any case Defensive holding.
Well, since I said that the officials were terrible, I guess I'm not Anne Frank. Or any other member of her family.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Crazy Levi wrote:Or am I missing the joke here?
Anne Frank was a huge Panthers fan.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:
Is this Anne Frank thing a joke for you, or are you simply engaging in one of the more hilarious mistaken identity gambits we've seen in a while? This ain't the first time you've done it.

I think you mean Helen Keller?

Or am I missing the joke here?
Take it easy, he's a Cowboys fan.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Well I guess John was right after all with that compelling evidence he posted about a Baltimore game getting high ratings for the Baltimore CBS channel.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Bludegeon wrote:Nope, not at all. That call was horseshit..

Regarding the final play of the Patriots/Panthers game, to me, it was the final play of the game, a desperation throw into a crowded end zone and there was no way Gronk was going to catch that ball being surrounded by 5 defenders, which one easily intercepted..

The flag should have never been thrown, otherwise every game with a last second hail mary into the end zone would have penalty flags as there is pushing off/interference/holding etc.. in every fucking one of them..

It was great watching Brady throw a temper tantrum afterwards though.. :lol:
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I liked it when it started as soon as he entered the tunnel with the refs I can't remember what he said but he dropped some kind of a cuss word in there and then just like that the audio went out. :lol:
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Hahah..

You would've had to seen Clerks 2 to get the Anne Frank deal.. Not a favorite movie by most. but, I dug it.

Nevermind..

Threw the ball into a "crowded" area? What the fuck??

Are you stoned?

Are you Anne Frank?

Wow...
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Bludegeon wrote:Hahah..

You would've had to seen Clerks 2 to get the Anne Frank deal.. Not a favorite movie by most. but, I dug it.

Nevermind..

Are you stoned?

Are you Anne Frank?

Wow...
I get what he's saying about most hail Mary's im sure there is pass interference on most, just like theres a shitload of holds that don't get called in every game, but yeah that wasent really a hail mary, I still don't think Gronk has a chance to catch it even without kuchley(sp) hugging him.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

I dunno maybe weather forecast's are more accurate in Chicago than just 300 miles away in Detroit. Over here if they predict a storm it doesn't always hit at the exact time they say it will, if at all. Anyone else in thee United States have that issue or is it just something that happens in Michigan?
scarred but smarter
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

sin wrote:I dunno maybe weather forecast's are more accurate in Chicago than just 300 miles away in Detroit. Over here if they predict a storm it doesn't always hit at the exact time they say it will, if at all. Anyone else in thee United States have that issue or is it just something that happens in Michigan?

The lake messes with the storms, never know if they're going to make it across or break up.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

I was being sarcastic about the weather being unpredictable, but actually I have noticed that.
scarred but smarter
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

dtmfs wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:Hahah..

Nevermind..

Are you stoned?

Are you Anne Frank?

Wow...
I get what he's saying about most hail Mary's im sure there is pass interference on most, just like theres a shitload of holds that don't get called in every game, but yeah that wasent really a hail mary, I still don't think Gronk has a chance to catch it even without kuchley(sp) hugging him.

There's been calls on the complete other side of the field that has negated a play because of a flag on the defense. Wasn't near the ball, yet they still call it. This was a joke of a call. Plain and simple. Anyone trying to justify the refs picking up that flag is incorrect IMO.