The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by UtahRatt »

DeflataNBAgate.........

Shaq, Phil Jackson: Deflating Balls Was Common in NBA Long Before NFL

http://nesn.com/2015/06/nba-legend-shaq ... sketballs/

Let Shaquille O’Neal explain. “Sometimes, in the games during all my championship runs, if a ball was too hard, I let air out,” the NBA legend recently said on his podcast, via ESPN.com. “I’d have a needle. A friend of mine would have a needle and I would get the game ball. …

Phil Jackson — O’Neal’s coach with those Lakers — admitted to the Chicago Tribune in 1986 that the early 1970s New York Knicks teams he played on also deflated balls.

----------------------

In every sport in every game with every player they always tried to get a little edge from the little shit. A edge less then a parking ticket. Let alone draft picks and suspensions on zero evidence.

Did you see the NFL jumped all over ROMO's fantasy bash in Vegas including a ton of players. The league office is a fucking bunch of doorknobs. No call, no nothing. If they're not in on it making money or pushing advertising and in control they'll cut you off.
I still don't know the full story about the fantasy game convention or whatever they was putting together but read how the NFL acted...Like bunch of limp dicks.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

UtahRatt wrote:
Panthers - Cam Newton signs a new five-year, $103.8 million deal Tuesday with the Panthers but with Cam's face everywhere his endorsements put him higher on the list then anyone not named Peyton Manning.
The extension puts him in the 100 million dollar club with Aaron Rodgers, Ben Rothelisberger, Drew Brees and Joe Flacco.

He's not even ranked in the top ten, 16th QBR but he sure has a mouth. Good luck making the SB in his era.
Cost of doing business these days. If Ryan Tannehill is worth $19 million/year to the Dolphins, Newton is worth $20 million/year for the Panthers.

I can't even imagine how much Luck is going to get.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Gritt wrote:There are alternative ways to stream red zone and all of the NFL game feeds.

Everytime I try those, I get a thousand pop ups and adware shit..

GOtta download this, or that... Meh...
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bludegeon wrote:Well,

I am ditching DirectTv.. Fuck all cable..

Haven't been able to watch any hockey this playoff season. I keep missing it and it bums me out because I don't get the "channel" anyways...

So,,

Can't wait for football.. I will be at a bar or if they show Dallas on Fox or CBS, I should be able to see that..

Done paying for TV boys.. fuck all that..
That's NHL living in America!!!!!!!!!!! It's fucking pathetic the Stanley Cup isn't shown on basic TV let alone the playoffs.

You're online, find a buddy with Dish who will hook you up with his online pass and you'll be able to get to watch it all.

My buddy has basic TV with an Xbox and online devices so I gave him my online Dish Pass and he got to watch all the playoffs and televised games. He also bought the online NHL.com package for $15 a month and gave me his pass so I got to watch all Ranger games including others during the season.

Now the stupid shit, he pays $15 a month for the NHL.com online package but it black outs all televised games, NHL channel, NBCSP, all local Colorado and Phoenix games not to mention, the playoffs are all televised games.
Now his package isn't worth shit so he has use my Dish pass to watch the playoffs and The Cup.
I've always liked Hockey but in the last two years with the NHLpass and Dish I'm turning into a fanatic fan being able to watch my team and all the games.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking about an NFL package this year, I've found an online haxor place to watch but it's not the best quality.

Is direct tv Sunday Ticket worth it? Ran into any BS and black out problems?
I'm currently looking into other options since Dish don't offer it and the NFL Online package is garbage. You watch the games after their over and I'd probably already know the score being the main reason. NHL.com pass is Live time with rewind and good features.

NFL.com Game Rewind archives without commercials or halftime shows. Plus, fans can watch full NFL game replays online in roughly 30 minutes with the Condensed Game feature.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bludegeon wrote:
Gritt wrote:There are alternative ways to stream red zone and all of the NFL game feeds.

Everytime I try those, I get a thousand pop ups and adware shit..

GOtta download this, or that... Meh...
Then again with Football it's a ripoff. You already get to watch what 6-8 games a week already so you pay out the ass just to follow your team. If you happen to like one of the popular teams like say "DALL ASS" you'll get to watch several of them already.
So you're basically paying a stupid amount to catch half the season.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Where I'm at Dallas is on every week. I'm not kidding the only week where every game being televised does not include those fuckers is their bye week.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

eddie lee roth wrote:Where I'm at Dallas is on every week. I'm not kidding the only week where every game being televised does not include those fuckers is their bye week.
Ouch....Not sure who's fucked worse, I get every Bronco game.

Actually I'd stop watching if I was in Dallas local coverage. At least with Denver I catch some teams I like.
Having to watch Dallas play the Skins, Giants and Eagles twice would be enough to make me get into NASCAR, figure skating, track n field or some stupid Sunday sport. I'd have to get a large fish tank to look at.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

We have three shitty teams in Calif that don't get broadcasted nearly as much as Dallas. lol

I am fortunate I guess. I am just waiting for the year that comes where no Dallas games will be seen locally..

But, I think the networks play the Dallas games because folks always watch to see them win, or lose. Maybe that's why they get played so much.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:We have three shitty teams in Calif that don't get broadcasted nearly as much as Dallas. lol

I am fortunate I guess. I am just waiting for the year that comes where no Dallas games will be seen locally..

But, I think the networks play the Dallas games because folks always watch to see them win, or lose. Maybe that's why they get played so much.
In my area getting a Dallas game on Fox or CBS is rare. With the 49ers on Fox and Raiders on CBS, sometimes those are the only 2 games shown on a given day. There are complex rules in this area in terms of which "other" games are shown on Sunday afternoon.

Which is why last year I finally was able to get Direct TV & the NFL package.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Much like what Bill did to Jonas Grey after he ran for over 200 yards (benching him after oversleeping), Super Bowl hero Malcolm Butler has been forced to miss 3 weeks of practice for missing a flight to the first OTA.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I've gotten used to it. I like a good game regardless of who's playing so if it looks like a good match up between two teams I'm a happy camper. I've always said whoever is playing Dallas is my second favorite team anyway.

Sounds like some of you guys get fucked even worse than me with coverage. Either FOX or CBS carries two games every Sunday and the other one carries one game sometimes I get'em both with two games.

Then you go into Sunday night and you get the NBC primetime game which usually is a good one. Than you got MNF and now TNF. I'm good to go basic cable includes the NFL network and between that and all the highlight shows on ESPN and now FOXSPORTS shit I don't see no reason to buy the special package deals.

I'd love to see my team every week but I can keep up with them without seeing them every week and sometimes there's just more intriguing games that I'd actually rather see.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

It ain't all worth it for me to keep paying for tv.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Patriots sign QB Matt Flynn........what, is somebody getting suspended or something?
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Eagles fan setting the facts "strait."

https://youtu.be/uLmtaQ7XHMo
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Facedown wrote:Patriots sign QB Matt Flynn........what, is somebody getting suspended or something?
There wasn't any evidence but I heard the QB in question parked his car in a red zone while taking his child to the hospital, the NFL is cracking down hard on players acting like they own the world.

In other news a player from an unnamed team was fined $500 for beating up his wife then killing two cats with his lawnmower. The League Office is withholding the players name but said the Player will be forced to take a two hour anger management class. The story was broke because of a leak in the head office.
More details and the truth about the story are doubtful.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

The WWE was in Cleveland last night and the champ had the line of the night for Manziel who was ringside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToheU0VFPSM
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

eddie lee roth wrote:The WWE was in Cleveland last night and the champ had the line of the night for Manziel who was ringside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToheU0VFPSM
:lol:
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Supposedly, the Broncos tried to trade Manning to the Texans.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Facedown wrote:Supposedly, the Broncos tried to trade Manning to the Texans.
Manning is washed up and this would be a great move for them. I don't see why they want to move forward with him.

He looked terrible at the end of last year, he isn't getting any younger, and he's gonna look like Bret Favre in year two with the Vikings next season.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Manning is washed up and this would be a great move for them. I don't see why they want to move forward with him.

He looked terrible at the end of last year, he isn't getting any younger, and he's gonna look like Bret Favre in year two with the Vikings next season.
Can't wait to see Manning get benched for Osweiler, he will finish his career on a bench. I guess that's better than losing your last playoff game to the Colts.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

eddie lee roth wrote:I've gotten used to it. I like a good game regardless of who's playing so if it looks like a good match up between two teams I'm a happy camper. I've always said whoever is playing Dallas is my second favorite team anyway.

Sounds like some of you guys get fucked even worse than me with coverage. Either FOX or CBS carries two games every Sunday and the other one carries one game sometimes I get'em both with two games.

Then you go into Sunday night and you get the NBC primetime game which usually is a good one. Than you got MNF and now TNF. I'm good to go basic cable includes the NFL network and between that and all the highlight shows on ESPN and now FOXSPORTS shit I don't see no reason to buy the special package deals.

I'd love to see my team every week but I can keep up with them without seeing them every week and sometimes there's just more intriguing games that I'd actually rather see.
You have to have the most expensive tier where I live to have NFLN (my cable company doesn't even bother with it). I've been considering cutting the cord for a cable of years anyway, but cable is just so damned convenient. My parents switched to Direct TV last year. I would stop over after Church and commandeer one of their tvs and I have to say, Sunday ticket is the way to go. I'm considering Direct TV just for that. Or at least finding a way to the Red Zone Channel - it's the bomb when there is no game on you're truly interested in. Conversely, I may just cut the god damned cable cord altogether and listen to the Browns on radio because that's how I've done it for years when the Columbus CBS or FOX shows the Bengals instead of the Browns...
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Crazy Levi wrote:

He looked awful late last season. I don't him being able to possibly fix that. He's just breaking down right in front of us. Totally agree with the Favre analogy. Us old farts remember Franco Harris going to Seattle, Tony Dorsett to Denver, Warren Moon in Seattle (and then KC), etc. It never ends well.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Tymaster wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:

He looked awful late last season. I don't him being able to possibly fix that. He's just breaking down right in front of us. Totally agree with the Favre analogy. Us old farts remember Franco Harris going to Seattle, Tony Dorsett to Denver, Warren Moon in Seattle (and then KC), etc. It never ends well.
Denver had some injuries down the stretch that didn't help but Peyton isn't anything like Favre. He just don't know how to hand the ball off...NEVER! They've talked about it over and over and I think it's finally set it. Take away, limit or change his audibles and run the ball he'll have at least two good years left baring injury. But that's just it, I've always felt Peyton will retire from a hit not just walking away.

39TD's 15int's 4,727yds last season? after 17 seasons? Farve?
Yeah he slowed down at the end, he was toast when they started running. Denver and Peyton know it. I bet anything they start off with a balanced attack this year, Denver and Peyton both know he can't throw 40 times a game all year.....Ever again.
Regardless Denver will still be a team to beat in the AFC. Owen Daniels was a nice pick up. A beefed up healthy D. This team ain't done with Peyton, that's foolish talk.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Chip Kelly flat out don't like to spend money, on June 11th The Eagles got rid of another player. Guard Evan Mathis, a 33-year-old perennial Pro Bowler considered to be one of the top 5 guards.
"The Eagles opted to move on from the former Pro Bowl Mathis and it comes as another strong move by Kelly to get anyone off the roster who is not buying into his program, as Mathis was away from the team during offseason workouts."

The best part.....
The Eagles this week found a replacement with John Moffitt :shock:
John Moffitt came out of retirement after nearly a two-year-long absence from football to join the Philadelphia Eagles.
After playing just two games in Denver, Moffitt abruptly retired in November 2013 and said, "I'm ready to live a different kind of life." he cited health concerns. In March 2014, Moffitt was arrested again for drug possession and battery. He then entered rehab and got clean, eventually returning to training and now, the NFL.

It's rumored ten teams have interest in Mathis with 4 main buyers.
Raiders
Seattle
Broncos
49ers
Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill Lobbying to get Mathis
Vikings
Dallas

With Drew Rosenhaus it figures he wont say who the main 4 teams are but you know in the end there will be a lot of money followed by...."This was the best fit for him"

So far the talk is about the Dolphins. Raiders have a huge edge in cap money and need, Seattle has interest and needs, Vikings have money and interest. Dallas, 49ers and Denver are rumored to be in talks...His deadline is July 15th.

----------------------------------------------

Dez finally in contract talks, threatens to sit out opener. Go for the big money bulging disk Dez because Lee need company on the bench while topping out the cap.

Dez Bryant
‏@DezBryant
Everybody voicing opinions..13 mil is cool but Where is my security? I'll wait ...5 years without complaining..So how am I selfish? #family1

Edward Hancock II ‏@EdwardHancockII Jun 17
@PoeticGenius19 security is on several battlefields around the globe. Making far less than 13 mill for their efforts

Interact, BIH ‏@PoeticGenius19 Jun 17
Everyone wants security “@EdwardHancockII: @DezBryant you make 13 mill to catch a ball, son. If you can't pay bills on 13 mill you need to downsize

:lol:
That's a lot of family for 13 million, come out on my job site, I'll put you to work for $15 an hour with no benefits. Wouldn't last a day let alone 5 years. Feed a family and your Ferrari on that and pray you're not on disability after.

-----------------------------------

Matt Forte threatens to sit out Bears training camp

--------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Atlanta's Julio Jones says he will not hold out when his contract expires. All I can do is take care of me. I’m going to let [the Falcons] take care of that side of it. If they say be here at this time, I’m going to be there. I’m going to be accountable," "'I'm not going to hold out for anything. My teammates need me. I’m being selfish if I’m not here and doing what I need to do."
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

UtahRatt wrote:

Dez finally in contract talks, threatens to sit out opener. Go for the big money bulging disk Dez because Lee need company on the bench while topping out the cap.

Dez Bryant
‏@DezBryant
Everybody voicing opinions..13 mil is cool but Where is my security? I'll wait ...5 years without complaining..So how am I selfish? #family1
Unfucking believable..
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Dez Bryant
‏@DezBryant
Unfucking believable..
Who cares. I don't get involved in matters like this. Furthermore, I don't even care when OTA's begin or end. All that matters is who is healthy the last week of the exhibition season and whether or not the key players are on the field for 16 weeks after that and more.

Ever since Emmitt held out back in 1994, I have not cared a single bit about off-season shenanigans.

I don't blame Dez for wanting to get paid. Football is the most violent sport. At the same time I don't blame Dallas for not wanting to pay him so much because they may need funds for other players.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Dez Bryant
‏@DezBryant
Unfucking believable..
Who cares. I don't get involved in matters like this. Furthermore, I don't even care when OTA's begin or end. All that matters is who is healthy the last week of the exhibition season and whether or not the key players are on the field for 16 weeks after that and more.

Ever since Emmitt held out back in 1994, I have not cared a single bit about off-season shenanigans.

I don't blame Dez for wanting to get paid. Football is the most violent sport. At the same time I don't blame Dallas for not wanting to pay him so much because they may need funds for other players.
You don't get involved in matters like this? Well just stay by the phone. I'm sure Jerry will call you to help mow the lawn at the office.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Of course Dallas gets a pass. He gets involved with all salary issues when it's on any other team.

When it comes to RGIII, the Cubs Lester, the Marlins Stanton.....It never ends.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:Of course Dallas gets a pass. He gets involved with all salary issues when it's on any other team.

When it comes to RGIII, the Cubs Lester, the Marlins Stanton.....It never ends.
Sabbathia, Tanaka?

*crickets
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado doesn't get involved in offseason shenanigans huh?

What a fucking tool.