The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:How shitty are the fuckin' Cowboys?

Brandon Weedon of all people is landing some blows

:lol: :lol: :lol:

“Obviously a lot of guys here got my back,” Weeden said. “Nate Washington said some really nice things after last week’s win, which I really appreciated. Everybody here has got my back. They understand how the league works. I think they were just as shocked as I was with some of the things that maybe Jerry or whoever was saying. It was kind of one of those things. But everybody here has my back. When it’s all said and done, that’s really all that matters.”

Weeden indicated that he’ll be glad to stick it to Jones.

“I mean yeah, absolutely. That’d be sweet. We get to play extra football and he’ll be watching on his couch. That’s what it’s all about. We’re playing for something,” Weeden said.

And that’s how far the Cowboys have fallen this season. They’re getting trash talk from Brandon Weeden, of all people, and there’s really nothing they can say in response.
Ouch.. Damn. Well, he has earned the right to say that stuff. Maybe just a bad fit in Dallas I suppose. Or, the coaching is real bad in Dallas.. I'm going with that. For years the coaching and hunger of players has been lacking.
That's very funny. The guy has a good game in the NFL and suddenly he's the second coming of QB's. Tell you what, Weeden might be out of the league before Romo is. Just my opinion. Weeden had a good game. That's awesome. Of course he is so due for a bad game and then another band month. If Weeden were so good, he would be a legit starting QB in the league and not an afterthought.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Machado wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:How shitty are the fuckin' Cowboys?

Brandon Weedon of all people is landing some blows

:lol: :lol: :lol:

“Obviously a lot of guys here got my back,” Weeden said. “Nate Washington said some really nice things after last week’s win, which I really appreciated. Everybody here has got my back. They understand how the league works. I think they were just as shocked as I was with some of the things that maybe Jerry or whoever was saying. It was kind of one of those things. But everybody here has my back. When it’s all said and done, that’s really all that matters.”

Weeden indicated that he’ll be glad to stick it to Jones.

“I mean yeah, absolutely. That’d be sweet. We get to play extra football and he’ll be watching on his couch. That’s what it’s all about. We’re playing for something,” Weeden said.

And that’s how far the Cowboys have fallen this season. They’re getting trash talk from Brandon Weeden, of all people, and there’s really nothing they can say in response.
Ouch.. Damn. Well, he has earned the right to say that stuff. Maybe just a bad fit in Dallas I suppose. Or, the coaching is real bad in Dallas.. I'm going with that. For years the coaching and hunger of players has been lacking.
That's very funny. The guy has a good game in the NFL and suddenly he's the second coming of QB's. Tell you what, Weeden might be out of the league before Romo is. Just my opinion. Weeden had a good game. That's awesome. Of course he is so due for a bad game and then another band month. If Weeden were so good, he would be a legit starting QB in the league and not an afterthought.
He has helped the Texans get two wins. Also has a decent QB rating. As well as rushed for a damn TD... He even has one good game. That alone puts above what he did in Dallas.. He's not a starting QB. That was never in question. He doing what a backup does. Go out and try to win games. He is doing it in Houston. Didn't in Dallas. I do believe that Dallas on paper has more talent offense. Yet, Weeden is doing better on another team.

Coaching, I guarantee has a lot to do with it.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Hey Matardo, why aren't you commenting on the mods threat?
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Chip Kelly out of a job. Has been released by Eagles.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:Chip Kelly out of a job. Has been released by Eagles.

Yup. Another college wunderkind who can't handle the pros, where people figure out your cute college shit in one season, and where personnel matters every bit as much as your precious "system."

I loved it three seasons ago where people seriously thought that 20 seconds between plays meant a fucking thing in the NFL, and that this shit was actually gonna work.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:

Yup. Another college wunderkind who can't handle the pros, where people figure out your cute college shit in one season, and where personnel matters every bit as much as your precious "system."

I loved it three seasons ago where people seriously thought that 20 seconds between plays meant a fucking thing in the NFL, and that this shit was actually gonna work.
So true. I recall in his 1st year the NFL experts, the media and anybody else who wanted to talk about the game was ready to crown his ass as the new Bill Walsh. Just like the Wildcat offense, his gimmick was figured out soon enough and now the man is out of a job.
Listen, I figure Chip did not have the QB he wanted in the NFL to run that offense, but the Eagles had a chance to trade up for the kid from Oregon, but they didn't get that done and were forced to lean on Bradford and Sanchez. Each not know for being elusive.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

You might be out of a username. The mod has set her sights on you. Care to comment?
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:

Remember that first Monday Night game where they exploded? I still recall the announcer saying I'm impressed with his debut but this is the NFL and it wont take teams long too adjust to whatever you throw at them.
But that Eagles team had a lot of talent and after a couple good seasons in which he started to dismantle one by one it started to go down hill. I'm surprised the Eagles won 6 games.

Don't sound like he's a Players coach but I think he understands the game and could be a good coach with more experience and adjusts to the NFL. He didn't reinvent the wheel or anything. It's been said and I wouldn't be surprised if he finds another job.

BUT........I wounder how far he set the Eagles organization back.

The team was turned completely upside down to fit his system. DeMarco Murray's ridiculous contract, got rid of all the star players.....WR's, QB's a entirely new backfield and a wretched defense to go with that mess of an offense........Tearing down his system and installing a new one will be a joy.

Jordan Matthews and Ertz? Who's left that couldn't be replaced, not much of a foundation to build on. Time to throw out the play books.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:
You might be out of a username. The mod has set her sights on you. Care to comment?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtE3RmnIjOs
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

sin wrote:I don't see what the hell is so great about Oakland after only having watched this game and the one against the Lions?
They're not great....At least not yet.

Since losing the Super Bowl in 2002 senile Al Davis ran them so far into the ground they've haven't had one winning season, even worse, 10 double digit losing seasons in the last 12 years.

When Reggie McKenzie took over GM they had to spend 3+ million just to upgrade the computers because Al Davis didn't use them. They was probably running Windows 3.1 on AOL Dial Up.
One of the least profitable teams who almost lost money during a couple of recent seasons. Their Salary Cap was such a mess it was 3-4 years in the hole.

Jay Cutler almost makes more money then the Raiders operating income! Al Davis had the books so jacked up they practically operated in the Red.

-----------------Now to business

They have a horrible D. One of the worst secondary's in the NFL but After winning 3 games last year.....The big deal is.......

2nd year QB, Derek Carr who is three passing touchdowns away from tying Daryle Lamonica's franchise record (34), a mark that has stood since 1969.
Derek Carr - 3793yds 31TD's 12INT's

Rookie WR Amari Cooper leads all Rookie WR in most category's. Is the first rookie since Mike Ditka in 1961 with three 100-yard performances in his first six career games. Among receivers with at least 25 targets, he ranks first in yards after contact (302) and yards after contact per reception (9.2). Amari is the first Raider WR with 1,000yds since Randy Moss in 2005. Is also in the running for Rookie of the Year between Amari and Gurley. Gurley amazes me.
Amari Cooper - 1050yds 6TDS

RB Latavius Murray in his 2nd year is the first Raider RB to break 1,000yds since 2010. "IR his rookie year"
Latavius Murray - 1035yds 4.1avg 6TD's - Murray is 4th in the NFL in yards.

DE Khalil Mack - Defensive Rookie of the year last year. This his 2nd year leads the NFL in Sacks with 15 tying a franchise record. Is in the running for Defensive player of the year. Tied the team record with 5 Sacks vs Denver.
Khalil Mack - 67tackles 15sacks 2ff and a Safety.

Khalil Mack's 5 Sack Day Raiders vs. Broncos. Apart from the safety.....His 4th sack at the .57 mark I could loop and watch 100 times, talk about planting a guard on his ass, plowed through him like a blocking dummy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD4SnKOAMOw

-----------------------------------

In short, the big deal is.........After 12 losing seasons they have collected a number of young good players and put together a team and started contending or at least should be able to contend in the division after being one of the worst if not the worst teams in the league.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Sounds like the Titans and Dolphins are interested in Chip Kelly. Titans would make more sense w/ their QB being Chip's old QB, Marcus Mariota!
That would be a good fit. Saying it now, if Chip goes to the Titans they'll be a tough team in that division. Chip has shown he can draw up a game plan but he still needs to adjust to the NFL not the other way around. I thought he did a good job with a team lead by Bradford and Burrito Sanchez.

Everyone questioned the trade for Bradford. Foles sucked ass this year 7TD's 10INT's, 4 games in a row without a TD and losing his job to Case Keenum.

What in the hell happened to Foles, he still young, had an amazing season then his game vanished.

----------------------------------------

Raiders' Marcel Reece suspended 4 games for PED violation.......FUCK. Figures one of my favorite players would pull an Arod. PED's it's almost 2016 and still a big problem. Bigger then we're let on I bet. Maybe he was getting them from Peytons Wife?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

The Bradford deal was the one personnel move that panned out, but that really only looks good because Foles was such a disaster in st Louie. Bradford didn't rewrite the record books or anything - and keep in mind he's not even under contract past this season. And the talent-devoid eagles are short a second round pick to show for it.

Everything else was a total bust this offseason. On top of cutting Desean Jackson two years ago and trying to sell it as getting rid of a gang banger lol. He fed made-up dirt to the hacks at nj.com to push that bullshit story but it went nowhere. He got nothing for the dynamic Reciever and now he's making them look like chumps while putting up big #s for a division rival.

Talent-wise, the eagles went from first to worst in the division in only two years, and I bet their salary cap is buttfucked now. Nice work shithead.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Shit,

I was hoping Chip would be coaching the Eagles for the next 20 years or so..
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

He's going to get a big payday from the NCAA. Maybe he'll go back to Nike Town.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:The Bradford deal was the one personnel move that panned out, but that really only looks good because Foles was such a disaster in st Louie. Bradford didn't rewrite the record books or anything - and keep in mind he's not even under contract past this season. And the talent-devoid eagles are short a second round pick to show for it.

Everything else was a total bust this offseason. On top of cutting Desean Jackson two years ago and trying to sell it as getting rid of a gang banger lol. He fed made-up dirt to the hacks at nj.com to push that bullshit story but it went nowhere. He got nothing for the dynamic Reciever and now he's making them look like chumps while putting up big #s for a division rival.

Talent-wise, the eagles went from first to worst in the division in only two years, and I bet their salary cap is buttfucked now. Nice work shithead.
The more I read and think about it the more I scratch my head at his philosophy and schemes.
Chip should have been an under study or offensive coach for a couple years because he sure made a lot of bad moves, I think he's a good coach who totally sucks at player personal. It's like he's still in college and thinks you can win each year with a different squad.

Cutting Desean Jackson was a waste even if he's a douche bag then trading LeSean McCoy for a worthless LB and money to help pay for a shitty contract with Murray the one year wounder. Then losing Jeremy Maclin in FA after a great year who's put up 1,000yds and 7td's with KC this season.

I think Maclin was a huge pick up for the Chief's, they've always struggled to find a good WR and Maclin can move the sticks find the endzone.

Chip can easily go back to college but it will be interesting to see if an NFL team picks him up. I don't think he's done at the professional level yet...Hard to say.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

UtahRatt wrote: Chip can easily go back to college but it will be interesting to see if an NFL team picks him up. I don't think he's done at the professional level yet...Hard to say.
The 49ers would be wise to fire the dumb fuck they have now, and hire Chip. Chip might be able to save Kaepernick. It sure wouldn't be worse than the clusterfuck season they have had.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

The University of Alabama won more games in Jerry World this year than the Dallas Cowboys.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

In COLTS!!! news, ChuckStrong will become ChuckGone at the end of the season.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Facedown wrote:In COLTS!!! news, ChuckStrong will become ChuckGone at the end of the season.
...And a certain hooker-loving Poison fan will be sad.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

You fuckers might as well be cheering for cancer.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Ol chuck didn't seem like such a genius once Andrew Leaf started sucking ass and getting hurt, did he?

Looks like Bruce Arians was the real brains behind that operation.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Who could ever forget that sneaky play of his this year against the Pats? :lol:

Yep that was some seriously good football coaching right there.

For reals though I'd love for him to come out before the game sometime and say I don't want to come back next year working for the owner I got ain't worth the heartache so fuck him I'm not giving him the satisfaction of firing me I quit.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Dem apples Machado.

The redskins are absolutely embarrassing the cowboys.

Fuckin love it. This is really getting humiliating tho- I think it's time for Kirk cousins to take a seat.

I told you all an NFC east team would grab 9 wins.

What a great season. Playoffs and wrapping it up by buttfucking the Cowboys. Can't beat that shit.

I got a soft spot for the jets as my NY team. Come on fuckers, you gonna get swept by Rex Ryan?!
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

So Matardo, I bet you're proud of your team for just laying down and taking their ass raping today.

Who is in the playoffs? Just curious.

I'll wait for your answer.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:So Matardo, I bet you're proud of your team for just laying down and taking their ass raping today.

Who is in the playoffs? Just curious.

I'll wait for your answer.
Your obsession with me has now reached a level that I am very uncomfortable with. I go away for the weekend, have a great time in LA and you still feel the need to post about me again and again and again.
Look at your life. Look at your choices.

To answer your question, of course I am not proud of my team. I would not say they were laying down. The team that took the field today is not very good and I'm still not sold on Moore. He made a lot of mistakes that cost the team a lot of points.
I tell you what, it was fun to see McFadden destroying Skins defenders and injuring them. I don't remember there names and right now those players probably don't even remember their own names, but McFadden forced one player to cry on the field and the other was taken off on a stretcher. WOW!
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Who made the playoffs? Apples, bitch.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:Who made the playoffs? Apples, bitch.
I understand your dial up connection is all you can manage, so I'm feeling kind today and will not mind helping you out. Don't thank me though.
NFC PLAYOFF SEEDS
Carolina Panthers
Arizona Cardinals
Green Bay Packers or Minnesota Vikings
Washington Redskins
Packers or Seattle Seahawks
Vikings or Seahawks
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Very good, Bob the Beaner. The WASHINGTON REDSKINS and not the sorry ass Dallas Cowboys.

You may as well get used to looking up at the Skins. They have a young team led by a young franchise quarterback that's only going to get better. You have a wife beater, a head case, and a quarterback who has a collarbone being held together with duct tape and a prayer.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:Very good, Bob the Beaner. The WASHINGTON REDSKINS and not the sorry ass Dallas Cowboys.

You may as well get used to looking up at the Skins. They have a young team led by a young franchise quarterback that's only going to get better. You have a wife beater, a head case, and a quarterback who has a collarbone being held together with duct tape and a prayer.
Whatever you say Gritt. Enjoy the winning season. Enjoy the playoff game next week. I'm sure once your team is eliminated, you will have a list of excuses a mile long for all of us to read.
When your team, I mean if they are your team, well when they win the division with 13 wins, you might have a leg to stand on. Until that happens, 9-7 does not mean dick next week. All the teams are 0-0 and 1 loss equates to elimination.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:
Gritt wrote:Very good, Bob the Beaner. The WASHINGTON REDSKINS and not the sorry ass Dallas Cowboys.

Whatever you say Gritt. Enjoy the winning season. Enjoy the playoff game next week. I'm sure once your team is eliminated, you will have a list of excuses a mile long for all of us to read.
When your team, I mean if they are your team, well when they win the division with 13 wins, you might have a leg to stand on. Until that happens, 9-7 does not mean dick next week. All the teams are 0-0 and 1 loss equates to elimination.
Pretty sure the 9-7 is just as good as the 13-3. Both ended with division champions.