The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:
Bludegeon wrote: Dude, you should pick the Skins.. We are fans of the NFCE in the 2010's.
Now you're sounding like those annoying fucking college fans who instead of cheering for their team by name chant SEC SEC SEC like a bunch of fucking retards. :P :lol:
THIS! I guess I was right when I said "most" people here cheer for their team until they are eliminated, then they go ahead and cheer for another team. Even if that team is a hated rival. FUCK THAT!
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Settle down Machado...I think you need to lay off the diet sodas - all that high fructose corn syrup is angrying up your blood.

Bludge didn't say HE'S rooting for the Skins, he was exhorting me to have some NFC East pride.

Sure thing buddy! That's easy to do when your team is the NFC East Champs.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

You Redskins fans have caught a lot of shit over the whole RG3 draft and all that goes into it. One positive you can take away from it all is since that draft you've won your division twice and the Rams from that same time period haven't won even one division title or been to the playoffs.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Under the new regime I don't think the Skins would ever do something that drastic again.

It's great that they made the playoffs twice in that time but it's so painful knowing they could have had Cousins anyway and still kept all of those draft picks.

The best part is that Shanahan was right about Cousins. He was the one who pushed for him to be drafted and he said he was a franchise quarterback.

I'm excited for Griffin to be fully jettisoned this off season and hopefully he goes on to Dallas along with Johnny Football to give Dallas the trifecta of crap at the QB position.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

I really think Panthers can do it this year. Sucks that Tilman is out now but they are looking good.. Go Panthers!!!
SkeletorsGhost
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkeletorsGhost »

kylel wrote:I really think Panthers can do it this year. Sucks that Tilman is out now but they are looking good.. Go Panthers!!!
Cant count the Patriots, Cardinals, and Seattle out just yet.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Much like the Redskins, the Panthers got fat off of playing many games against the NFC East.

They are really good, at least according to the two games I saw the Panthers play.

But are they really 15-1 good?
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Panthers are a very good team, but nobody would be shocked if Arizona or Seattle made it out of the NFC.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Browns, Giants and 49ers are all looking for fill a head coach vacancy.
Out of these 3 teams only, which job seems the most desirable?
Has to be Giants since that team has a once great QB. 49ers and Browns have HUGE questions marks at that position.
Jed York of the 49ers had his press conference today and he did nothing to restore the faith of 49er nation. There was a fan made sign made in his honor:
Just
Effin
Dumb

:lol:
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Schefter just tweeted that the Colts signed Pagano to an extension. Didn't see that one coming.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:Schefter just tweeted that the Colts signed Pagano to an extension. Didn't see that one coming.
3 consecutive 11-5 seasons and this year team goes 8-8.
Unclear why this move is a surprise to you. The guy is a very good coach and his record proves that.
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
Panthers are a very good team, but nobody would be shocked if Arizona or Seattle made it out of the NFC.
15-1 Does not happen to a bad team. They are excellent this year and only going to get better...
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:
Gritt wrote:Schefter just tweeted that the Colts signed Pagano to an extension. Didn't see that one coming.
3 consecutive 11-5 seasons and this year team goes 8-8.
Unclear why this move is a surprise to you. The guy is a very good coach and his record proves that.
All season the talk was that the Colts and Pagano were going to go their seperate ways. He didn't get along with Grigson blah blah blah.

As for him being a very good coach I think he's average at best. The first of those three 11-5 seasons was Bruce Arians.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

kylel wrote:
Tenacious_Dio wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
15-1 Does not happen to a bad team. They are excellent this year and only going to get better...
It's been a great season, but the defense has fallen off in the past month. Stewart is banged up, and Ginn & Brown are way too inconsistent. They have the potential to win it all. But they're beatable.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I'm willing to bet that the odds on favorite for which AFC North team will be next to fire their coach will the Cleveland Browns.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Chargers, Raiders and Rams all filed for relocation to L.A.
For 21 years L.A. has survived without a NFL team and now there
are 3 teams that want to move there :roll:
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Well, the Giants fired Coughlin after 12 seasons, but I think we saw that one coming...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I heard that he stepped down on his own and wasn't fired.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

eddie lee roth wrote:I heard that he stepped down on his own and wasn't fired.
Yep, just had to re-check. He did step down...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

eddie lee roth wrote:
Bludegeon wrote: Dude, you should pick the Skins.. We are fans of the NFCE in the 2010's.
Now you're sounding like those annoying fucking college fans who instead of cheering for their team by name chant SEC SEC SEC like a bunch of fucking retards. :P :lol:

I know Levi explained, but , you completely missed my point.

I cheer for the Cowboys, sometimes. LOL, When I ain't yelling at them as well.
Machado wrote:
THIS! I guess I was right when I said "most" people here cheer for their team until they are eliminated, then they go ahead and cheer for another team. Even if that team is a hated rival. FUCK THAT!
No explanation for you Mach, you're just a fuckin idiot..
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:

Machado wrote:
No explanation for you Mach, you're just a fuckin idiot..
be careful before you shoot in your pants
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

So is Manziel done? or will he get what he wants and get traded to Dallas? If I was the owner of the browns I'd find the worst possible team to send him to, then again whatching him come in for brokeback romo would be interesting to see.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Pagano given an extension. Looks like Irsay is using again.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Bludegeon wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:

I got ya and to try and not make it like I was really bitching about something I put the razz and laughing face guys after my sentence.

I thought you would of caught that and took it for what it was but then again I have to remember that I'm dealing with a Dallas Cowboy fan. :P :lol:
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:Chargers, Raiders and Rams all filed for relocation to L.A.
For 21 years L.A. has survived without a NFL team and now there
are 3 teams that want to move there :roll:
Three teams with shitty old stadiums and nobody who wants to buy them new ones. Makes sense that they want to move to LA where they will be wined and dined.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

eddie lee roth wrote: I got ya and to try and not make it like I was really bitching about something I put the razz and laughing face guys after my sentence.

I thought you would of caught that and took it for what it was but then again I have to remember that I'm dealing with a Dallas Cowboy fan. :P :lol:

Hahha.. Correct.. But, a disgruntled Cowboys fan... The haze of failure once again by this damn team may have clouded my vision..
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

AliceManson wrote:Pagano given an extension. Looks like Irsay is using again.
The COLTS!!! Road BACK To The Super Bowl Starts NOW
Mark My Words
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Just when I think this punk can not sink any lower, he ends up doing this
http://www.stack.com/a/a-concussed-john ... night-club

It sounds like something out of a bad comedy. A kid who knows he shouldn't be out partying dons a ridiculous disguise and uses a fake name in an attempt to have fun without getting caught. But this isn't the plot of some corny straight-to-DVD movie—it's Johnny Manziel's actual life.

Last week, Manziel was ruled out for the Browns' final game of the regular season with a concussion. So the night before the game, he stayed in, drank lots of water and avoided bright lights, right?

Nah.

According to ESPN Las Vegas, Manziel went to a popular Vegas nightclub rocking an outrageous disguise. Introducing himself as "Billy," Manziel wore a fake mustache, a blonde wig, sunglasses and a hoodie. Seriously.

I can't believe Johnny actually thought this would work. How many 23-year olds do you see rocking blonde bobs and bushy mustaches? And at a Vegas nightclub, no less? The only logical answer is that the concussion caused Johnny to develop split personality disorder, and now he has a blonde-haired alter-ego known as Billy. And Billy loves to party in Vegas.

Obviously, the internet has been having some fun with this one. The only question that remains is which persona will sign with the Dallas Cowboys this off-season, Johnny or Billy?
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Can't wait until he signs with Dallas.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:Can't wait until he signs with Dallas.
I hope that never happens. Manziel is behaving like a typical college kid. He should have stayed in school if he did not want to pro football