The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado, you and I both know you'll got Johnny or RG3 next season on the Cowboys' roster. It's a practical lock. Remember Dick Jones Jr. had to literally tackle his drunken skeletor dad to keep him from drafting Johnny Football, and it's not like he's gotten any smarter since then.

And with Cowboys fans already showing up to Texas Stadium in RG3 jerseys, does he really have a choice? It would be a merchandising bonanza!

So, pick one. WHich of these inevitable signings would you prefer? RG3 or Johnny Football to the Cowboys next season.

I'd probably go with RG3. Even though he's fragile and can't read the field, he's got a much better attitude than JM.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:Machado, you and I both know you'll got Johnny or RG3 next season on the Cowboys' roster. It's a practical lock. Remember Dick Jones Jr. had to literally tackle his drunken skeletor dad to keep him from drafting Johnny Football, and it's not like he's gotten any smarter since then.

And with Cowboys fans already showing up to Texas Stadium in RG3 jerseys, does he really have a choice? It would be a merchandising bonanza!

So, pick one. WHich of these inevitable signings would you prefer? RG3 or Johnny Football to the Cowboys next season.

I'd probably go with RG3. Even though he's fragile and can't read the field, he's got a much better attitude than JM.
Oh geez, you are going to mention 2 idiots who had on Dallas RGIII jerseys and run with that? Go right ahead. I don't care.
OK let's play pretend. If I had to pick between the 2 and only these 2, should I pick the alcoholic and the dummy. Geez, you really are making this very difficult for me. Neither has anything positive going for them and they each have so many flaws.
TBH, I would rather not have either on my team. Unless they want to hold a clipboard for 17 weeks. Neither is deserving of a NFL QB position.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

So you have no preference?

Do you REALLY think one of them isn't gonna be a Cowboy next season? How is that possible?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:So you have no preference?

Do you REALLY think one of them isn't gonna be a Cowboy next season? How is that possible?
Trent Dilfer broke it down nicely. End of the clip sums up the situation best
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:1 ... Time=00:50
I don't trust Jerry but I am going to trust someone else in that front office to once again tackle or divert Jerry's attention away from both of these fools, so that the team does not acquire neither of them.
Now you know I dislike drafting a QB with the #1 pick, especially this year at #4, but I would rather have the kid from Memphis or Goff versus the two knuckleheads you are forcing me to choose.
Better yet, draft that DL from Ohio St. He could make an immediate impact on defense. At a need position.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:

I don't trust Jerry but I am going to trust someone else in that front office to once again tackle or divert Jerry's attention away from both of these fools, so that the team does not acquire neither of them.
Now you know I dislike drafting a QB with the #1 pick, especially this year at #4, but I would rather have the kid from Memphis or Goff versus the two knuckleheads you are forcing me to choose.
Better yet, draft that DL from Ohio St. He could make an immediate impact on defense. At a need position.
Do I need to show you the number one picks that have been super bowl champions again? Your philosophy has been proven stupid and yet you still hold on to it. You'd be a great general manager.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:

Do I need to show you the number one picks that have been super bowl champions again? Your philosophy has been proven stupid and yet you still hold on to it. You'd be a great general manager.
Gritt-This is a free country, do what you want. Better yet, please post that info for our pleasure. NFL fans need something to do between now and
the Super Bowl.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote: Gritt-This is a free country, do what you want. Better yet, please post that info for our pleasure. NFL fans need something to do between now and
the Super Bowl.
Some NFL fans will be able to kill at least some of that time by actually watching their team play in the playoffs.

Some won't.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

UtahRatt wrote:
Gritt wrote:God damn you are so frustratingly stupid. If you have a chance to take who is believed to have franchise quarterback potential you take him. You don't sit back because you're scare he may not pan out. It's time to fucking school you again moron.

Past Super Bowl winning quarterbacks
Russell Wilson 3rd round
Joe Flacco 1st round
Eli Manning 1st round
Aaron Rodgers 1st round
Drew Brees 2nd round
Ben Roethlisberger 1st round
Peyton Manning 1st round
Brad Johnson 9th round
Tom Brady 6th round
Trent Dilfer 1st round
John Elway 1st round
Brett Favre 2nd round
Troy Aikman 1st round
Steve Young 1st round (old supplemental draft)
Mark Rypien 6th round
Jeff Hostetler 3rd round
Joe Montana 3rd round
Doug Williams 1st round
Phil Simms 1st round
Jim McMahon 1st round
Jim Plunkett 1st round
Terry Bradshaw 1st round
Roger Staubach 10th round
Ken Stabler 2nd round
Bob Griese 1st round
Johnny Unitas 9th round
Len Dawson1st round
Joe Namath 1st round
Bart Starr 17th round

29 quarterbacks have won Super Bowls
17 were first round picks (would have been 18 but Staubach dropped due to his Navy commitments)

60% were first round picks

If you remove Montana and Brady quaterbacks drafted outside of the first round have not had much success winning Super Bowls.

Talk about a bitch slapping. Machado has made Eating Crow from a suppository into an art form.

Without the TOTAL LUCK of brady and Montana it would be overwhelming. HIGH RISK > TOTAL LUCK
Ok Matardo. Read the list again. Definitive proof that you know jack shit about football.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Machado wrote:
Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote: Trent Dilfer broke it down nicely. End of the clip sums up the situation best
Gritt-This is a free country, do what you want. Better yet, please post that info for our pleasure. NFL fans need something to do between now and
the Super Bowl.
Why don't you faggots start following some gay shit like Major league eating. It's on ESPN...and you're obviously not interested in real sports like NFL-football
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
Ok Matardo. Read the list again. Definitive proof that you know jack shit about football.
Good list. That and a quarter gets your nothing these days.
You are missing my point. That point being how many #1 picks at QB did not pan out, did not win, were a waste of a pick, etc.
Now maybe you should look those up since you are very proficient and putting together a list.
I'm talking about draftees like Brady Quinn, Akili Smith, Rex Grossman, P.J. Losman, Cade McNown, Alex Smith, Matt Leinert, Joey Harrington, Vince Young, Byron Leftwich, Jake Locker, Tebow, Jason Campbell, Kyle Boller, Tim Couch, Rick Mirer, Heath Shuler, etc.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:
Gritt wrote:
You are missing my point. That point being how many #1 picks at QB did not pan out, did not win, were a waste of a pick, etc.
Now maybe you should look those up since you are very proficient and putting together a list.
I'm talking about draftees like Brady Quinn, Akili Smith, Rex Grossman, P.J. Losman, Cade McNown, Alex Smith, Matt Leinert, Joey Harrington, Vince Young, Byron Leftwich, Jake Locker, Tebow, Jason Campbell, Kyle Boller, Tim Couch, Rick Mirer, Heath Shuler, etc.
So what you are saying is, some first round QB picks never win a Super Bowl?!

That's a fucking shocker, and probably a good reason not to draft a QB#1 even though 60% of all super bowls have been won by first round picks.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Using Matardo logic, a team should never choose a player in the first because they may not pan out.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote:
Gritt wrote:
So what you are saying is, some first round QB picks never win a Super Bowl?!

That's a fucking shocker, and probably a good reason not to draft a QB#1 even though 60% of all super bowls have been won by first round picks.
I think some of you here just like to argue. Who said anything about winning a SB? Oh yeah, that was Gritt.
I'm talking about the high risk in drafting a QB in Round 1. The list I threw together did not even include Mark Sanchez. Just another 1st round draft pick at the QB spot who did not deserve a back up role in the NFL.
At the end of the day it might be best to trade down, turn that #1 pick into several picks and build your team that way.
Or you can take a gamble, pick someone like "player X" with the 1st round pick and realize you wasted that pick immediately.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

I'm sure the Colts are regretting gambling on Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck. I'm sure the Cowboys regretted gambling on Troy Aikman. I'm sure the Steelers regretted gambling on Roethlisberger.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:I'm sure the Colts are regretting gambling on Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck. I'm sure the Cowboys regretted gambling on Troy Aikman. I'm sure the Steelers regretted gambling on Roethlisberger.
you are a complete imbecile. of course those teams gambled and won. i listed many examples of teams who gambled and lost. duh!
are you concussed? did you trip and fall when you fulfilled your water boy duties over the weekend?
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Machado wrote: NFL fans need something to do between now and
the Super Bowl.
Getting a laugh at your expense seems to work just fine and the material never runs out.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote: Gritt-This is a free country, do what you want. Better yet, please post that info for our pleasure. NFL fans need something to do between now and
the Super Bowl.
Some NFL fans will be able to kill at least some of that time by actually watching their team play in the playoffs.

Some won't.

Hahhhaa.. Ouch!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shots Fired! Shots Fired!
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Manziel will be a Cowboy.

In other news, football is still being played and Dallas isn't one of them. Time to move on......Like 6 months ago.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:[
At the end of the day it might be best to trade down, turn that #1 pick into several picks and build your team that way..
Oh, it's just that simple!

Wait, no it isn't you fucking dolt.

Stupid fans LOVE trade down scenarios, cause it makes 'em sound smart and hey, who doesn't love a bunch of fuckin' draft picks?

In reality, trading down isn't that easy, which is why it really doesn't happen much. It's hard to find a partner and a good trade. You can't just wave your fucking magic wand and turn your first rounder into three second rounders. Stuff like the RG3 trade is extremely rare.

And it's hard to pass up first round talent. Not sure if you know this or not, but it's not ONLY QBs who get drafted in the first round. Why, there's receivers, and tackles, and even running backs!!! Every single team in the NFL is "built" with first round picks. Show me a team who never drafts in the first round and I'll show you a shitty football team. The Skins of 2013 and 2014 come to mind.

ANd heres another fuckin' newsflash. EVERY draft pick is a gamble, whether it's a first rounder or a 4th.

Are you really this stupid?
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Call me crazy but first round picks are usually better than picks in later rounds or else they wouldn't be first round picks. I know that is overly simplistic but it's true and for some reason Bob the Beaner can't understand that.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Drafting a QB (or anyone else) high in the 1st round became a whole lot less of a gamble after the last CBA. If your first rounder doesn't work out, you look inept, but you aren't stuck in cap hell like you used to be.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

bane wrote:Drafting a QB (or anyone else) high in the 1st round became a whole lot less of a gamble after the last CBA. If your first rounder doesn't work out, you look inept, but you aren't stuck in cap hell like you used to be.
Spot on.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

bane wrote:Drafting a QB (or anyone else) high in the 1st round became a whole lot less of a gamble after the last CBA. If your first rounder doesn't work out, you look inept, but you aren't stuck in cap hell like you used to be.
Yes. I agree. Was it A. Smith or Bradford who was the last QB to get that "fat" contract and impacted the cap so greatly?
djwill665
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by djwill665 »

Machado wrote:Just when I think this punk can not sink any lower, he ends up doing this
http://www.stack.com/a/a-concussed-john ... night-club

It sounds like something out of a bad comedy. A kid who knows he shouldn't be out partying dons a ridiculous disguise and uses a fake name in an attempt to have fun without getting caught. But this isn't the plot of some corny straight-to-DVD movie—it's Johnny Manziel's actual life.

Last week, Manziel was ruled out for the Browns' final game of the regular season with a concussion. So the night before the game, he stayed in, drank lots of water and avoided bright lights, right?

Nah.

According to ESPN Las Vegas, Manziel went to a popular Vegas nightclub rocking an outrageous disguise. Introducing himself as "Billy," Manziel wore a fake mustache, a blonde wig, sunglasses and a hoodie. Seriously.

I can't believe Johnny actually thought this would work. How many 23-year olds do you see rocking blonde bobs and bushy mustaches? And at a Vegas nightclub, no less? The only logical answer is that the concussion caused Johnny to develop split personality disorder, and now he has a blonde-haired alter-ego known as Billy. And Billy loves to party in Vegas.

Obviously, the internet has been having some fun with this one. The only question that remains is which persona will sign with the Dallas Cowboys this off-season, Johnny or Billy?

WELL IT WAS WORTH A SHOT.... :D

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

FullDJacket wrote: Why don't you faggots start following some gay shit like Major league eating. It's on ESPN...and you're obviously not interested in real sports like NFL-football
That's why I voted YES on the mod banning machado because you can't talk football or baseball without him trolling in with his little red wagon making everything about Dallas or the Yankees. Add that to the couple other NFCLeast team fans and we might as well change the thread title to.

Trolling the NFCLeast with Machado
Last edited by UtahRatt on Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Is this the year?
Are the Chiefs or Beagles going win a playoff game and break the curse or are they going to continue to raise all the playoff records for losing?

-----------------------------------------

The Chiefs haven't won a playoff game since Joe Montana was QB, 22 years! Jan. 16, 1994 the Chiefs' 28-20 win over the Houston Oilers.

The Chiefs 21 seasons since a win is tied for 2nd.
The Chiefs hold the consecutive playoff losing streak at 8 tied with the Lions

How about 2013, The Chiefs losing one of the most embarrassing playoff games in history.....Chiefs 44 Colts 45!
Up 38 to 10 in the 3rd and lost. Up by 28 points in the 3rd quarter and lost!
I can remember that game like it was yesterday and still can't believe it happened. It actually pissed me off, I can't imagine what the fans felt. Like a Peterbilt ran over them I bet. :wink:

This is the year!

-------------------

The Bengals hold the record for having not won a playoff game in 25 years.
The Bengals hold the 2nd most consecutive losing streak at 7

The Bengals are the only team in NFL history to lose opening-round games in four straight seasons
Lewis is tied with the Giants’ Steve Owen (1939-50) for most consecutive playoff losses with one team.
Lewis and Jim Mora are tied for most consecutive playoff losses to start a career.
Lewis is tied with Marty Schottenheimer, Mora and Owen for most consecutive playoff losses at any point in a head coaching career.

The only one under more pressure than McCarron is Lewis, who is 0-6 in the postseason. His teams have done so poorly in the playoffs that he’s compared himself to Susan Lucci, the television soap star who was nominated 19 times before finally winning an Emmy.

--------------------------------------------

I think the Chiefs break the streak, Jeremy Maclin has finally gave Alex a weapon, they're on fire and the D is strangling teams.
No way they lose to the Texans and one of their 4 QB's....Brian fucking Hoyer. But the Texans have a monster Defense, I don't think it will be an issue. Then again, stranger things have happened over the last 21 years and 8 playoff games.

Chiefs over Texans.

The Beagles, good luck. They got spanked a month ago by the Steelers. The Beagles have a stingy D and I bet McCarron will toss a couple picks. It could be a good game if Cincy's D sets the tempo. If not the Steelers will run them over continuing the streak of loosing playoff games for the Beagles.

Steelers over Beagles
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:
THIS! I guess I was right when I said "most" people here cheer for their team until they are eliminated, then they go ahead and cheer for another team. Even if that team is a hated rival. FUCK THAT!
I guess that means you can turn off the TV and stop making posts since Dallas didn't make the playoffs.

Football fans love football. You're a bandwagon troll. Since you wont be rooting for a team in the playoffs it will be nice that you wont be posting and the thread can go back to talking about the playoffs and football instead of rehashing 1st place schedules and Dallas vs the Skins.

See ya next season. GTFO.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I'm starting to have a huge problem with this...."Rams, Chargers, Raiders Have All Officially Asked to Move to LA"

Sounds like it's now in the hands of the NFL now and what a cluster fuck it is. Guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks.

LA is a fickle city with fickle fans, the Raiders and Rams left because of declining attendance and revenue. Well the Ram's left because of that Bitch Georgia Frontiere was playing Rachel Phelps from Major League and wanted mansion and a yacht.
Being diverse, the city has all sorts of football fans. It's not a fanatical city with a long and stable fan base history of a favorite team now they're talking about moving THREE FUCKING TEAMS there? Is it me or does that just sound fucking stupid. Then you have 2 of them shacking up together. The Chargers and Raiders in Carson while the Rams recently offered to bunk up with a team in Inglewood.

"The Chargers claim 25 percent of their fan base comes from north of San Diego County, although they've declined to offer proof." Well DUH! You're as far south as you can go! That don't mean they're in LA.

The Rams and Chargers owners have walked away from St. Louis and San Diego with proposals proving they just want to move. At least Oakland wants to build on the coliseum ground but don't have funding yet and the City isn't helping much.

Can't wait for the score board.
LAC
LAR
LARC Los Angeles Raiders of Carson

Seriously, fuck off. St. Louis sounds like they're ready to build 1.1 billion dollar stadium on the Mississippi, San Diego has had proposal after proposal rejected for years.

What gets me the worst is writers spewing shit like this.....

"The Rams have had 12 consecutive non-winning seasons, including a 15-65 record from 2007-11 that is the worst five-year stretch in NFL history. Out of 21 seasons in St. Louis, they've fielded four winners, including the 1999 Super Bowl title team and the 2001 team that lost to the Patriots in the Super Bowl."

Like the city had anything to do with their losing seasons, you was happy when they won a super bowl and an INCH from another. Want to talk about losing, look at Cleveland, ask them if they want to leave.
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

Enjoy some Billy Football photoshops:

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/bi ... all/287570
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

They should just ship the Chargers off to St. Louis after the Rams leave.