The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Gritt wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Peyton Manning to start divisional round
Brock Osweiler sidelined with knee sprain

Someone nailed this dead on.....Who was it a month ago that said this exactly. Manning mysterious injury would last till the playoffs then Osweiler would come up with a mysterious injury?

Funny how that worked out. I'll have to scroll back, good call.
It was Kamikazee Russo
I think everybody wants to see Peyton take one more shot. They aren't winning any Super Bowls with Brock.
Peyton had his moment of glory last week coming in off the bench. Depsite a great defense, I think this next week will see his win/loss percentage go down even more.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:Just got my tickets for the Skins/Packers game. Should be a balmy if moist 50 degrees or so.
Enjoy the game! If the Packers O-Line shows up healthy, the WR's get free and hold on to the ball and Rodgers can stay upright & hold on to the ball, it should be a good competitive game between our teams. If the Packers play like they have since Denver whooped them, enjoy the blowout!
Washington Redskins
Last playoff victory: January 7, 2006 (2005 wildcard round against Buccaneers)

I overheard this stat earlier today and had to look it up to see if the tale was true. WOW! Levi, are you ready to cheer your team on and break that streak?
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

The only way I see Manning not bein one and done again is if they get the Texans in the second round.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Machado wrote: Washington Redskins

I overheard this stat earlier today and had to look it up to see if the tale was true. WOW! Levi, are you ready to cheer your team on and break that streak?
Didn't the Cowboys go 13 years without a playoff win?
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:

That never happened. Don't let the truth get in the way of his fantasies.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
Tenacious_Dio wrote:

That never happened. Don't let the truth get in the way of his fantasies.
Why are you getting so defensive? I was merely pointing out the info. I was not shitting or criticizing the team. Then I completed my post with a sincere question, since I read earlier that Levi scored tickets to the playoff game. Some of you here are just looking for reasons to debate!
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Maybe if you worded your stab, whoops, I mean statement differently..

I read it as a stab and full of crap...

Levi, for real. I hope the Skins lose. But, he would expect that. Like I know he wouldn't be cheering for the Cowboys this weekend..

Your statement Machado, was you trying to be clever. You failed. Gritt picked up on it.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:Maybe if you worded your stab, whoops, I mean statement differently..

I read it as a stab and full of crap...

Levi, for real. I hope the Skins lose. But, he would expect that. Like I know he wouldn't be cheering for the Cowboys this weekend..

Your statement Machado, was you trying to be clever. You failed. Gritt picked up on it.
Damn. Trying to be nice around here and nobody cares to listen. Oh well.
Hey Levi, good luck on Sunday
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Thanks for all the sincere well-wishes. I was there last time when RG3's magical run ended, it was fairly depressing.

This time around the feeling is different, yeah it would suck to lose but clearly there's a foundation for the future, we won't be missing draft picks for the next 3 years, and a loss ain't the end of the line. Goddamn I hope we win though.

Regardless, I'll be drunk, high, and full. We are bringing a fucking fryer with us for wings and tater tots, and we'll be cooking chili-rubbed steak.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:Thanks for all the sincere well-wishes. I was there last time when RG3's magical run ended, it was fairly depressing.

This time around the feeling is different, yeah it would suck to lose but clearly there's a foundation for the future, we won't be missing draft picks for the next 3 years, and a loss ain't the end of the line. Goddamn I hope we win though.

Regardless, I'll be drunk, high, and full. We are bringing a fucking fryer with us for wings and tater tots, and we'll be cooking chili-rubbed steak.
Levi-Could be worse. How about the expected whether for the Vikings game?
I almost feel sorry for those fans. They get the new stadium and are rewarded with the most unpleasant conditions to watch a playoff game. Seems unfair.

You know I will be here early to pile on if your team loses.
C'mon, did you expect anything different?
:D
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:Thanks for all the sincere well-wishes. I was there last time when RG3's magical run ended, it was fairly depressing.

Levi-Could be worse. How about the expected whether for the Vikings game?
I almost feel sorry for those fans. They get the new stadium and are rewarded with the most unpleasant conditions to watch a playoff game. Seems unfair.

You know I will be here early to pile on if your team loses.
C'mon, did you expect anything different?
:D
I swear I'm not saying this to be a dick...they are just using this stadium for a couple of years until their new dome is done. With that said, I wish they would have done like Green Bay and Chicago. Embrace your climate and use it to your advantage. Instead they just built another dome.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Gritt wrote:I swear I'm not saying this to be a dick...they are just using this stadium for a couple of years until their new dome is done. With that said, I wish they would have done like Green Bay and Chicago. Embrace your climate and use it to your advantage. Instead they just built another dome.
exactly, what was Green Bay's Home Playoff winning streak at the year Vick and the falcons snapped it? it was pretty damn long if I remember. Your team in that climate will get acclimated to it, it's a definite advantage fuck a damn dome, and WTF does phoenix and Atlanta have domes?? makes no sense.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Chiefs vs Texans

Watched the kick off returned for a TD
Brian Hoyer gets the ball and throws two wounded ducks to open WR and punts.

Good Games Chiefs.........I'm not watching this shit. There may be a whole game left but it's going to be ugly. I'm gone.

Opening statement of the game. Here's Brian Hoyer who grew up in Cleveland, wanted to play for the Browns, got a chance then got kicked out over Manziel Mania...Now here's Brian in the playoffs with the Texans and the last we seen of Manziel was somewhere in Vegas wearing a blonde wig!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote:Chiefs vs Texans

Watched the kick off returned for a TD
Brian Hoyer gets the ball and throws two wounded ducks to open WR and punts.

Good Games Chiefs.........I'm not watching this shit. There may be a whole game left but it's going to be ugly. I'm gone.

Opening statement of the game. Here's Brian Hoyer who grew up in Cleveland, wanted to play for the Browns, got a chance then got kicked out over Manziel Mania...Now here's Brian in the playoffs with the Texans and the last we seen of Manziel was somewhere in Vegas wearing a blonde wig!
You also got Andy Reid in the playoffs as usual and the eagles 7-9 and looking for a new coach. Reid is a winner but I could understand how the eagles were tired of losing in the playoffs every year.
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

It's been over 20 years, and I suffered through every one of those playoff losses, but today, finally, WIN!!!!!!!!!!
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

The Maclin injury doesn't look good. I hope the Bengals win tonight so that the Chiefs can go into Denver next week and put the final nail in HGH Manning's coffin.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Gritt wrote:Predictions for first round

Skins over Packers
Seahawks over Vikings
Steelers over Bengals
Chiefs over Texans
Changing my pick to the Bengals.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Gritt wrote:The Maclin injury doesn't look good. I hope the Bengals win tonight so that the Chiefs can go into Denver next week and put the final nail in HGH Manning's coffin.
Where was Manning accused of HGH? I know the report came out ( from Al Jazzera ) that was proven to be false and the lawsuits are being filed, but is there anywhere other than that?

I'm not a Manning fan I'm just curious.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

killeverything wrote:
Gritt wrote:The Maclin injury doesn't look good. I hope the Bengals win tonight so that the Chiefs can go into Denver next week and put the final nail in HGH Manning's coffin.
Where was Manning accused of HGH? I know the report came out ( from Al Jazzera ) that was proven to be false and the lawsuits are being filed, but is there anywhere other than that?

The Al Jazeera thing is still fluid. Apparently there is a second source.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Gritt wrote:
killeverything wrote:

The Al Jazeera thing is still fluid. Apparently there is a second source.
Oh. Okay. I know that Jazeera thing...at least for mlb was proven erroneous. That sucks about Manning. He was supposed to be one of the all time greats right? Aside from surpassing Farve for losing in the Playoffs, having PEDs on your record will destroy your legacy.
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Not if he was using it to rehab from injury. Mark Cuban did a thing awhile back calling for HGH being allowed for that specific circumstance.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Rainbow Bright wrote:Not if he was using it to rehab from injury. Mark Cuban did a thing awhile back calling for HGH being allowed for that specific circumstance.
That's what Andy Pettite ( former NYY pitcher, that got PEDs from Roger Clemens...his best friend ) said about his admitted usage. He claims to have done it to recover from an injury.

I'm the resident baseball nerd and PEDs are a hot topic in the baseball thread. In the NFL, do y'all think players that take are take are altering the game? The Seahawks lead the NFL in suspensions.

Are they really that good? Or do you think they had "help?" It's rumored the Iron Curtain in the 70s was juiced as was Lyle Alzado. I'm just curious what y'all think about PEDs and it's effect on the game.
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Gritt wrote:The Maclin injury doesn't look good.
No, it doesn't. I've been kind of blocking that out of my mind, but...... hopefully he's okay. If not, I hope the other guys can step up. It's been over 20 years to win one, but one and done is not what I'm hoping for obviously.
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

I would say it varies by sport. Its more acceptable in the NFL because the average career is very short and contracts aren't guaranteed. Its also a very physical demanding game. Coupled with the fact you can be out of a job when you return from injury and not be picked up by another team forces players to use any means necessary to recover faster and stronger.

Here's Cube Steak's take.

"Oh yeah, absolutely. I mean, look at it: We say it's OK for people to get Lasik for their eyes. That's performance enhancing. And there's always the chance that something can go wrong. We say that you can get Tommy John surgery, or any surgery for that matter is performance enhancing. Torn ligament? Fix it. Is it better than new? Possibly, with rehabbing it can be better than new. We don't say don't do it because it can be performance enhancing. We say, let's do what's right to get you healthy again."
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Marvin Lewis should be fired for this. He allowed his team to be completely out of control.
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Gritt wrote:Marvin Lewis should be fired for this. He allowed his team to be completely out of control.

For real.
Mazerati
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Mazerati »

worst last 2 minutes of a game by any team in NFL history or maybe in any pro sport
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Gritt wrote:Marvin Lewis should be fired for this. He allowed his team to be completely out of control.
Truth. I can't remember a meltdown like this in recent history.

That entire organization from the fans to the coach down to the janitor should be embarrassed.

The steelers suck and aren't going anywhere, and the same goes for the bengals. Doesn't change the fact that the bengals gift wrapped this one to their rivals.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Yes, Lewis should be gone.. No doubt

What a complete moron Adam Jones is.

Yes, #55 is as well, dude better be suspended or something..

Both of those dudes should be working at KFC in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Bengals. You fucking suckasses.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Peterbilt wrote:

For real.
The only way to control Adam Jones is to lock him in jail. He's the dirtiest playing bitch in the league and I loved every second watching him fuck his team.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.