The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Machado »

Is there a Vikings fan in the locker room today?

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Fat Truther would have posted had the Vikings won (probably even started a new thread!)...but we all know how that ended up.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:Fat Truther would have posted had the Vikings won...but we all know how that ended up.
Levi-Do you think it was harsh that head coach Zimmer, did not publicly back his kicker after the loss? All he said was, "chip shot", "should have made it". DAMN! That is harsh.
I give the kicker much respect for standing at his locker & answering questions and accepting 100% of the blame.
Maybe the kick was missed because the laces were not facing out. I know he made a kick earlier when the laces were in, but generally kickers do not want to see the laces when they kick.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I think the coach was in as much shock as everybody and in no mood to play the "we lost as a team" game. I didn't get to watch the game - just the final kick when it happened - but regardless of any missed opportunities or other Vikings mistakes, it's hard to get past something like that.

You ask any coach, fan, or team owner "would you want this game to come down to a chance to win the game on a 25 yarder" I think they'd all say yes.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:Thank you Green Bay

Washington's Cinderella's season is over... LOL

Now? No better than Dallas..

Fuck off Washington... hahahaahahahhahahaa
Eat a cock dipshit.

Great season, and we get to lord NFC champ over you till August. Obviously you and Machado have to go through the motions trolling us redskins fans but we all know who had the most fun in the NFC east this season.

Yeah it sucked ass but I still had a great time yesterday. Looking forward to more home playoff games. Well win one eventually.

I know as well as anybody that it's more fun rooting for your own team to win in the playoffs than it is to root for a team you despise to lose.

Hail!
You think Jaccccson is going to be back next year?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Sure, unless chip Kelly somehow gets to take over the steelers and cuts Antonio brown, in which case well just sign him.

I really have no idea. I love having him as a deep threat and really there's been no off the field issues. I think probably he's not a gang member like chip Kelly hilariously tried to slime him as. But he's older and I think our GM will be looking to replace all of the older guys. I'd guess it's 60/40 he's back.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Blair Walsh shouldn't have to take any shit for that miss. Without his kicking all season the Vikings aren't in the playoffs. Without him the Vikings were shut out yesterday.

I still think the Bengals need to fire Lewis. No team should be as out of control as his team was during that game. I don't usually care about play that is rough or even bordering on dirty but the stuff going on Saturday was a joke.

As for the Redskins, the offensive line still needs a bit of help. Cousins was hit on over 25% of his drop backs during the game. That just won't get it done.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:Blair Walsh shouldn't have to take any shit for that miss. Without his kicking all season the Vikings aren't in the playoffs. Without him the Vikings were shut out yesterday.

Gritt-Walsh should take the blame. He missed the kick. Despite the laces facing in, the snap was fine and the holder put the ball down. He is human like the rest of us but he won my respect by facing the music and not shying away from the media.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:
Gritt wrote:Blair Walsh shouldn't have to take any shit for that miss. Without his kicking all season the Vikings aren't in the playoffs. Without him the Vikings were shut out yesterday.

Gritt-Walsh should take the blame. He missed the kick. Despite the laces facing in, the snap was fine and the holder put the ball down. He is human like the rest of us but he won my respect by facing the music and not shying away from the media.
He took responsibility for making the kick but the loss doesn't fall squarely on his shoulders.
On the play before why did Peterson cut left instead of staying in the middle of the field? It made it a much more difficult kick. Why did Mike Zimmer ice his own kicker? There is plenty of blame to pass around for the loss.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:

He took responsibility for making the kick but the loss doesn't fall squarely on his shoulders.
On the play before why did Peterson cut left instead of staying in the middle of the field? It made it a much more difficult kick. Why did Mike Zimmer ice his own kicker? There is plenty of blame to pass around for the loss.
Right...gotcha...

But how do you miss a fucking 27-yarder to win a playoff game?

That's what it always boils down to. We've been hearing excuses for Bill Buckner for 30 years, but long story short, almost EVERY fat joe sitting on his couch that night could have made that play, and won the World Series for the Sox. That's why he was a goat then, he's a goat today, and he'll always be a goat.

Dude has one job - he's the kicker. And part of that job is making chip shot FGs in high pressure situations. This wasn't a 50-yarder. It wasn't a Norwood 47-yarder. It wasn't a 30 yarder.

it was a fucking 27-yarder, which any college kicker could have nailed with ease.

If I'm a Vikings fan I curse his very birth today. If I'm Neversurrender I'm diving head first into a bucket of fried chicken and watching The Parallax View on a neverending loop. If I'm the vikings GM I cut Walsh because I can't stand the sight of him.

Stop trying to spread the blame around. The reason the Vikings aren't moving on to the next round is because their kicker couldn't do his job, part of which entails being 100% on 27-yard field goals.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Took this from ESPN.COM:

Marvin Lewis admits to being "negligent" early on when the Bengals-Steelers social media battles began. He regrets not understanding the nature of some of the threatening tweets directed at his players, and not taking social media more seriously. Also seems annoyed NFL "turned their head" to the issue when Bengals security reached out.

Looks like someone is just asking to get fired. Poor Marvin, his social media skills were lacking and that will cost him a job in the NFL(again).
A well deserved termination if there ever was one.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Fair enough argument.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:
Right...gotcha...

But how do you miss a fucking 27-yarder to win a playoff game?

That's what it always boils down to. We've been hearing excuses for Bill Buckner for 30 years, but long story short, almost EVERY fat joe sitting on his couch that night could have made that play, and won the World Series for the Sox. That's why he was a goat then, he's a goat today, and he'll always be a goat.

Dude has one job - he's the kicker. And part of that job is making chip shot FGs in high pressure situations. This wasn't a 50-yarder. It wasn't a Norwood 47-yarder. It wasn't a 30 yarder.

it was a fucking 27-yarder, which any college kicker could have nailed with ease.

If I'm a Vikings fan I curse his very birth today. If I'm Neversurrender I'm diving head first into a bucket of fried chicken and watching The Parallax View on a neverending loop. If I'm the vikings GM I cut Walsh because I can't stand the sight of him.

Stop trying to spread the blame around. The reason the Vikings aren't moving on to the next round is because their kicker couldn't do his job, part of which entails being 100% on 27-yard field goals.
Levi-Basically what I was saying earlier but Gritt didn't want to hear it.
27 yard FG has to be made. Isn't that total yardage less than an XP, :lol:

Gritt might blame mother nature for forcing the teams to play a game when it was 0 degrees.
Or maybe Gritt would like to blame the Seahawks defense for not allowing AP to score a TD on the play before the FG attempt :roll:
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

The reason I will listen to Levi and concede that he has a fair argument is that over time he hasn't shown himself to be a drooling retard. You are such a dipshit that you have the ban hammer hanging over your head and you aren't even man enough to address it.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Gritt wrote:You are such a dipshit that you have the ban hammer hanging over your head and you aren't even man enough to address it.
You have to admit Gritt makes a good point here.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:The reason I will listen to Levi and concede that he has a fair argument is that over time he hasn't shown himself to be a drooling retard. You are such a dipshit that you have the ban hammer hanging over your head and you aren't even man enough to address it.
Or maybe it has to do how the 2 of you cheer for the same team? Think about it and get back to me.

If you want to instigate(again) another debate here, please go right ahead. I am choosing against participating. I thought we were talking about football, the NFL playoff games and that kicker in Minnesota.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Dodged it again. I'm shocked.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Levi
Do you place any amount of blame of D. Jackson for not getting into the end zone and the Skins losing? He killed the team with that blunder. He's the Pac Man of the NFC.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:Levi
Do you place any amount of blame of D. Jackson for not getting into the end zone and the Skins losing? He killed the team with that blunder. He's the Pac Man of the NFC.
Nah. It's not his fault they couldn't the ball in from the goal line. It's not his fault Aaron Rodgers is one of the best QBs in history and was bound to warm up. It's not his fault the O-line and D-line and countless other parts of the team couldn't get it done when it was needed.

Do you blame one specific player for the Cowboys' embarrassing 4-12 season? Which one?

You probably can't find a single part of the team to blame for their last-place finish. You've shown you don't understand football, and probably think 4-12 "just happened," like a change in temperature, sun rising in the sky.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote:Levi
Nah. It's not his fault they couldn't the ball in from the goal line. It's not his fault Aaron Rodgers is one of the best QBs in history and was bound to warm up. It's not his fault the O-line and D-line and countless other parts of the team couldn't get it done when it was needed.

Do you blame one specific player for the Cowboys' embarrassing 4-12 season? Which one?

You probably can't find a single part of the team to blame for their last-place finish. You've shown you don't understand football, and probably think 4-12 "just happened," like a change in temperature, sun rising in the sky.
There are a couple very contentious Skins fans here today.
I'll play just for your amusement. Jackson deserves plenty of blame for letting his team down again and pretending to be allergic to the goal line. The man had 1 job and he failed. Just like the kicker did in Minnesota.
To a lesser extent, Jackson deserve a share of the blame for losing. Of course the team failed to get into the end zone after this play, but the team should have never been in that position in the 1st place. All he had to do was cross the goal line, :lol:
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote: I'll play just for your amusement. Jackson deserves plenty of blame for letting his team down again and pretending to be allergic to the goal line. The man had 1 job and he failed. Just like the kicker did in Minnesota.
You didn't "play along." Playing along means you'll tell me who is to blame for the Cowboys humiliating themselves this season.

AS far as Jackson, he has SEVERAL jobs. Catch the ball. Avoid defenders. Stay in bounds. Shed tackler. Cross the goal line. He didn't get the last one done, and that's while a guy was trying to knock him out of bounds.

I don't know why I'm supposed to be pissed off at Jackson, he had a good season and only a retard would try to pin a loss where they couldn't hold an 11-0 lead, protect their QB, or do a bunch of other things right on one guy. But hey, look who I'm talking to. An idiot who is moronic enough to try to compare this to what happened in Minny.

Sorry Ratt, but that's how it's gotta be. Nature abhors a vacuum and in the absence of anything else here you are gonna get us jawing about the NFC East obviously. Tough shit, suck a dick. Go whine about Goodell or talk about how awesome the XFL was with Neversurrender.
Last edited by Crazy Levi on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

eddie lee roth wrote:4 of the remaining QB's were # 1 picks and 2 more were drafted in the 1st round.
Alex Smith: first round
Tom Brady: sixth round
Peyton Manning: first round
Ben Roethlisberger: first round
Cam Newton: first round
Russell Wilson: third round
Carson Palmer: first round
Aaron Rodgers: first round

But why would you take a quarterback in the first round?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Gritt wrote:
It's just TOO BIG OF A GAMBLE!!!

Or haven't you heard of Art Schliester?
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Gritt wrote:
It's just TOO BIG OF A GAMBLE!!!

Or haven't you heard of Art Schliester?
I see what you did there. Very well played.

Matardo is googling it right now.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:Sorry Ratt, but that's how it's gotta be. Nature abhors a vacuum and in the absence of anything else here you are gonna get us jawing about the NFC East obviously. Tough shit, suck a dick. Go whine about Goodell or talk about how awesome the XFL was with Neversurrender.
No reason too be sorry I knew you couldn't control yourself from getting sucked into trolling with your homies. Fanatics, some can't resist taking the bait.
Especially since your shitty team got spanked by a beat up team with a bunch of holes who went 4-6 down the stretch and lost their last two going in...Including loses to the Lions and Bears.

A bit over a month ago the Skins were nothing till the Giants went on a losing streak while Washington against all odds won games vs monster teams like the Eagles, Dallas, Bills and the Bears. Go back a few pages and you've went from my team sucks I'm tossing in the towel boohoo too we're awesome and going to the playoffs.......In a division no one wanted to win but someone had too. Even going so far as to put down the AFC South in order to somehow make the NFCLeast seem stronger for some sad reason to make your team look better.

Nevertheless the pork is in the pudding, the Skins finally faced the moment of truth. A half ass beat up team and the pig got spanked. Country Cousins and his 20+ fumbles and INTs couldn't get the Oinker Rolling and the D couldn't stop a 3rd string line, a battered QB while covering a patch work WR core. Fucking James Jones lead the Packers and was let go by the Raiders this year.

It was a great year Washington, they won a division no one wanted to win an then received a Playoff Participation Trophy.

So you can go back to thumb wrestling for who's team sucks the worst and crying over the agony of defeat with Machado.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Ratt's just pissed because they aren't airing The Million Dollar Game on his local TV station this year.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

It's because I live in the sticks in Utah, the rabbit ears hardly get reception to PBS.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:It's because I live in the sticks in Utah, the rabbit ears hardly get reception to PBS.
Maybe one of the NFL teams that does not land a home in LA will end up in the Utah :lol:
Then you can get proper rabbit ears and pretend to live in the late 50's :roll:
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I watch a lot of football via rabbit ears.

No shit! I got rid of cable so that's how I watch most my NFL these days.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Then you can get proper rabbit ears and pretend to live in the late 50's :roll:

That's about a 4 out of 16 on a humor scale.