The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:There's no two ways about it, Cam and the Panthers came in showboating and got beat. After the game Cam walked out before saying something else stupid.
If the Panthers won Cam would still be in front of a camera. I went from liking the Panthers to wanting to see Denver win. That's mentally insane considering the hate I have towards Denver.
I feel bad for piling on Cam, NOT REALLY! He deserves all the criticism he has received to date. Current and former NFL players have continued to slay him via social media. Pro athletes from other sports have done similar.
Listen, Cam is the face of the franchise. Cam has been speaking to the media all season long. The same guys that voted him the MVP.
When he really needed to speak the most, after the biggest loss of the season, he was weak.
Is Cam a player for the Carolina Panthers football club or is Cam the CEO
of Cam Newton Inc and is only playing for the Panthers at the present time?
As Howard Cossell would say, "right there", is all the proof you need that Cam was not willing to fight hard enough for his team when they needed him the most. You can bet Peyton would have dove for the loose ball and tried to recover.
F U Cam
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

THE BALL DON'T HAVE TEETH! IT'S NOT GOING TO BITE! IT'S NOT A HOT POTATO!
I wounder when the last time Cam had to do fumble drills. Regardless it's a total reaction of heart, guts, and effort each player makes. Obviously Cam had second thoughts when fan's put in more effort then that.

Cam's made it easy to blast him now that it's all said and done. For me it's the showboating and pulling the race card....

Now flash back 3 seasons ago.

If Seattle loses to Denver it would have been DOG PILE on Richard Sherman. Sherman would have been blasted for his mouth and showboating, it's all that was talked about and he's lucky they won.
If you also noticed, Dick Sherman toned it down the last two seasons. He's dropped as well.

----------------------------------In other news

Eagles cut Riley Cooper......Time to tear down Chip Kelly's system and players. Good luck next season Philly. The NFC EAST is a slot machine, pull the arm, see who get's the cherries and wins the Division. It's the Giants turn right?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:Getting back to Dungy in the hall of fame. What credentials does he have?

Person A: four super bowl championships (two as player, two as head coach), 97-87 regular season record, 8-3 postseason record.

Person B: two super bowl championships (one as player, one as head coach), 139-69 regular season, 9-10 postseason record.

Person A has never been had a sniff of the hall of fame even though he won two Super Bowls as a head coach and had a far superior postseason record.

Person B was elected to the hall of fame because he's likable.

Tony Dungy RINGS as a player shouldn't factor.
He was a back up who's career lasted like 3 years and 2 teams. Started 9 games in 3 seasons. Even if he got lucky Larry Brown numbers with 6INTs late in games he was still a backup and special team player who couldn't make it. Un-Drafted he won the lotto on the Steeler's 77-78 teams.

I don't think he played a snap or had a stat in either Super Bowl did he? Either way, it's not like he warranted any points as a player. Dungy going in the HOF it's due to being a coach. With his teams and record......Not buying it, he's only been eligible for what 3 years? Talk to me in a decade.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

sin wrote:I'm not surprised that a guy with oversize yellow font doesn't think that Marshawn Lynch wasn't looking for attention.
I'm not surprised you avoided every single point I made with a single non-sequitur, because you're the type of person that would rather think you've won an argument than concede you're wrong.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

UtahRatt wrote:
Gritt wrote:Getting back to Dungy in the hall of fame. What credentials does he have?

Person A: four super bowl championships (two as player, two as head coach), 97-87 regular season record, 8-3 postseason record.

Person B: two super bowl championships (one as player, one as head coach), 139-69 regular season, 9-10 postseason record.

Person A has never been had a sniff of the hall of fame even though he won two Super Bowls as a head coach and had a far superior postseason record.

Person B was elected to the hall of fame because he's likable.

Tony Dungy RINGS as a player shouldn't factor.
He was a back up who's career lasted like 3 years and 2 teams. Started 9 games in 3 seasons. Even if he got lucky Larry Brown numbers with 6INTs late in games he was still a backup and special team player who couldn't make it. Un-Drafted he won the lotto on the Steeler's 77-78 teams.

I don't think he played a snap or had a stat in either Super Bowl did he? Either way, it's not like he warranted any points as a player. Dungy going in the HOF it's due to being a coach. With his teams and record......Not buying it, he's only been eligible for what 3 years? Talk to me in a decade.
I should have omitted the Super Bowls won as a player for both as they were both role players. I just used cut and paste and was in a hurry.

Dungy had a great regular season record but his playoff record is almost embarrassing. For me, the hall of fame should be the all time greats and when I think all time great coaches I don't even give him a thought. I want championships, sustained excellence, or innovation. I guess you can say he had sustained excellence. I honestly don't think if pressed I don't think I'd have him in my top 20 coaches all time.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Right. Shitty playoff record, and one of the greatest QBs ever?

Big fucking deal. I could have coached those Colts teams to the playoffs.

Not impressed. And Dungy is a fucking asshole and bigot.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Crazy Levi wrote:Right. Shitty playoff record, and one of the greatest QBs ever?

The talent that the Colts had and only one title? I hate to go all Machado but that's inexcusable. They had FOUR hall of fame caliber starters on offense and only won one?

I know it has beaten into the ground but Brady and Belichick did far more with far less talent than Manning and Dungy.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:Right. Shitty playoff record, and one of the greatest QBs ever?

The talent that the Colts had and only one title? I hate to go all Machado but that's inexcusable. They had FOUR hall of fame caliber starters on offense and only won one?

I know it has beaten into the ground but Brady and Belichick did far more with far less talent than Manning and Dungy.

Ironic they're putting him in with Marvin Harrison? Ya, whatever. Harrison no question but Dungy and at the same time. Maybe someone thought it would be story book..........That's Canton, kind of a joke and totally biased.
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Please explain. I honestly didn't know this.
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Cam spoke to the media today. And the immature pro still does not understand the situation.
Here are some quotes. Prepare to laugh at his expense:

Newton also defended himself for not diving to try to recover his fumble in the fourth quarter that eventually was recovered by the Broncos. Denver went on to score a touchdown to put the game out of reach. Newton said that he would have risked injury by diving, as it would have meant he would have had to twist his leg in an awkward direction.

"I didn't get the fumble,'' Newton said. "We can play tit for tat. I've seen numerous quarterbacks throw interceptions, and the effort afterwards ... they don't go. I don't dive on one fumble, because of the way my leg was, it could have been [contorted] in a way.

"We didn't lose that game because of that fumble. I can tell you that.''
I guess Cam can see the future. The most important game of his career and he refuses to sacrifice his body for the team. Cam thought he was suffer a brutal energy if he went after the loose ball. I guess the Denver defender who pounced on the ball did not care so much, huh? Cam, QB's that throw picks during the regular season probably don't go after the defender very hard, but if it was the SB, you can bet the QB would chase after the defender. Expect you of course. You're special. EFF U Cam, Dap on this!!!
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

milk-milk-lemonade wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
He hates the gays. He's a big in the anti-marriage equality scene.

And, there's this charming chestnut from when Michael Sam was up for the draft:

"“I wouldn’t have taken him. Not because I don’t believe Michael Sam should have a chance to play, but I wouldn’t want to deal with all of it. […] It’s not going to be totally smooth … things will happen.”

Real nice coming from a black guy who finally got a head coaching job YEARS after he should have.

And of course he "mentored" Mike Vick and sold his "he deserves a second chance" story endlessly, and endorsed his comeback fresh out of jail for running a dog fighting ring.

And hey, that's not enough for you? Guess who else deserves a second chance and would be welcome on Dungy's team? Ray Rice! No distractions there. I'm sure it would go "smoothly."

So basically, the disruptions and distractions are "worth it" to bring a dog-killer QB on your team, a washed up wife-beating RB who can be replaced by about 10 people off the street, or hire a black guy to coach your team pre-Rooney rule, but not to draft a gay guy in the 7th round. Just too many potential distractions there, whether he can play or not!

Dude's an asshole. It's pretty nasty speculation, but there are those who think Dungy's son's suicide might have something to do with the young boy's sexuality. We'll probably never know but it makes you think - God squadders driving their gay kids' to suicide is nothing new.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Racist bigot Levi strikes again.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

I cringed when I saw Cam's press conference. The guy is his own worst enemy. I understand why fans don't like him, and if he weren't quarterbacking my team, I'd probably be there, too. Don't like the showboating and selfies, but that's what the Panthers are now, apparently. It's easier to overlook that stuff when the team is winning, and I'm just as guilty of that as anyone.

The team is young, and they should be able to keep it together for 2 or 3 more years. But getting to the Super Bowl is damn hard. You gotta make the most of it when you get the chance. And they didn't.

And if Brock Osweiler had started, the score would have probably been even more lopsided.
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Crazy Levi wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:

"“I wouldn’t have taken him. Not because I don’t believe Michael Sam should have a chance to play, but I wouldn’t want to deal with all of it. […] It’s not going to be totally smooth … things will happen.”
Real nice coming from a black guy who finally got a head coaching job YEARS after he should have.

And of course he "mentored" Mike Vick and sold his "he deserves a second chance" story endlessly, and endorsed his comeback fresh out of jail for running a dog fighting ring.

And hey, that's not enough for you? Guess who else deserves a second chance and would be welcome on Dungy's team? Ray Rice! No distractions there. I'm sure it would go "smoothly."

So basically, the disruptions and distractions are "worth it" to bring a dog-killer QB on your team, a washed up wife-beating RB who can be replaced by about 10 people off the street, or hire a black guy to coach your team pre-Rooney rule, but not to draft a gay guy in the 7th round. Just too many potential distractions there, whether he can play or not!

Dude's an asshole. It's pretty nasty speculation, but there are those who think Dungy's son's suicide might have something to do with the young boy's sexuality. We'll probably never know but it makes you think - God squadders driving their gay kids' to suicide is nothing new.
Wow, Dungy IS a fucking asshole and bigot.

Thanks for the enlightenment!
ImageImage
!
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
And if Brock Lesnar had started, the score would have probably been even more lopsided.
FYP :P
ImageImage
!
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

Crazy Levi wrote:

Wow, Dungy IS a fucking asshole and bigot.

Thanks for the enlightenment!
Agreed. He sounds like a cunt.
And here I thought his son suicided because of the shame of Belichick routinely slapping his cock in Tony's face.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Newton also defended himself for not diving to try to recover his fumble in the fourth quarter that eventually was recovered by the Broncos. Denver went on to score a touchdown to put the game out of reach. Newton said that he would have risked injury by diving, as it would have meant he would have had to twist his leg in an awkward direction.

"I didn't get the fumble,'' Newton said. "We can play tit for tat. I've seen numerous quarterbacks throw interceptions, and the effort afterwards ... they don't go. I don't dive on one fumble, because of the way my leg was, it could have been [contorted] in a way.

I guess Cam can see the future. The most important game of his career and he refuses to sacrifice his body for the team. Cam thought he was suffer a brutal energy if he went after the loose ball. I guess the Denver defender who pounced on the ball did not care so much, huh? Cam, QB's that throw picks during the regular season probably don't go after the defender very hard, but if it was the SB, you can bet the QB would chase after the defender. Expect you of course. You're special. EFF U Cam, Dap on this!!!
:lol:

So you fumble the ball in the super bowl and the thought that runs through your head is....HEY MY FOOTING IS WRONG! :lol:

Bull Shit, you don't have time to think like that, it's like being in a car wreck and in that split second you think "Hey! Is my seat belt on?".......That's Kam's excuse after watching the clip 10 time. Reality is, no balls. He's as fucking BIG as anyone going after the ball in the first place. He went from "America has never seen no one like me" too " I didn't go after a fumble because my feet wasn't in position!?"

If Cam had the nuts and instinct he would have dived for the ball when it was stripped, not run over and look at it then jump away hoping someone else would jump on it. Fact is he quit, he gave up.

AMERICA'S NEVER SEEN ANYONE LIKE ME! Poor losing showboat's are a dime a dozen CAM! Take Josh with ya.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

There's no excuse for that. Cam is an embarrassment.

That Cam fumble feint is probably the worst thing I've seen since this...

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:There's no excuse for that. Cam is an embarrassment.

That Cam fumble feint is probably the worst thing I've seen since this...

I remember that play, it was funny as fuck..........Linemen get a break tho. He was dead, out of breath and gave up....And probably lacked some heart if not a lot. Even coaches give the big lineman breaks. That was vs the no huddle quick paced snap count and he should have been subbed out unless the Eagles wasn't letting them sub. Linemen can't handle that shit. It's the whole idea behind that offense, to tire them out. So my question is....

You don't think he was dead? Or are you set on him being lazy with no heart? I think a bit of both, I remember he was blamed for being fat and unconditioned.

---------

Now if you call yourself Superman! And you're young, fast and a QB, you're going to have most of the breath left on the field.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

He wasn't fucking tired, he just didn't give a shit. How could he be tired? He never did anything the whole game.

My favorite part is the OL who was standing over him, wondering, "what the fuck am I supposed to do?"

After a few seconds he peels off and chases someone else.

Vick threw a touchdown on this play.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:He wasn't fucking tired, he just didn't give a shit. How could he be tired? He never did anything the whole game.

My favorite part is the OL who was standing over him, wondering, "what the fuck am I supposed to do?"

After a few seconds he peels off and chases someone else.

Vick threw a touchdown on this play.
I just remember the play like it was yesterday......But not the events leading up to it. My first thought is Vick was in the hurry up, drove all the way down the field and he didn't get subbed out...Thus he was dead out of breath.

It was awesome how the Guard just looked at him like, ok I'll go block someone else and did!

That was Haynesworth right? Who was blasted for signing that massive contract then showed up to camp looking like William Perry and worked out like he was at Club Med....What a waste of talent, no heart.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:Newton also defended himself for not diving to try to recover his fumble in the fourth quarter that eventually was recovered by the Broncos. Denver went on to score a touchdown to put the game out of reach. Newton said that he would have risked injury by diving, as it would have meant he would have had to twist his leg in an awkward direction.

So you fumble the ball in the super bowl and the thought that runs through your head is....HEY MY FOOTING IS WRONG! :lol:

Bull Shit, you don't have time to think like that, it's like being in a car wreck and in that split second you think "Hey! Is my seat belt on?".......That's Kam's excuse after watching the clip 10 time. Reality is, no balls. He's as fucking BIG as anyone going after the ball in the first place. He went from "America has never seen no one like me" too " I didn't go after a fumble because my feet wasn't in position!?"

If Cam had the nuts and instinct he would have dived for the ball when it was stripped, not run over and look at it then jump away hoping someone else would jump on it. Fact is he quit, he gave up.

AMERICA'S NEVER SEEN ANYONE LIKE ME! Poor losing showboat's are a dime a dozen CAM! Take Josh with ya.
That will be his legacy. Shying away from a loose ball during the SB.
Suits him perfectly. He talked a big game all year. Was dressed sharp for all the post game press conferences and when push came to shove, he blinked, wept and is still making excuses for his behavior.
I hope the media slays him over and over until week 1 of 2016. Not because of his color or race, solely because he failed as a NFL player at the most critical time.
There is no I in team, unless your name is Cam Newton
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Machado wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:There's no two ways about it, Cam and the Panthers came in showboating and got beat. After the game Cam walked out before saying something else stupid.
If the Panthers won Cam would still be in front of a camera. I went from liking the Panthers to wanting to see Denver win. That's mentally insane considering the hate I have towards Denver.
I feel bad for piling on Cam, NOT REALLY! He deserves all the criticism he has received to date. Current and former NFL players have continued to slay him via social media. Pro athletes from other sports have done similar.
Listen, Cam is the face of the franchise. Cam has been speaking to the media all season long. The same guys that voted him the MVP.
When he really needed to speak the most, after the biggest loss of the season, he was weak.
Is Cam a player for the Carolina Panthers football club or is Cam the CEO
of Cam Newton Inc and is only playing for the Panthers at the present time?
As Howard Cossell would say, "right there", is all the proof you need that Cam was not willing to fight hard enough for his team when they needed him the most. You can bet Peyton would have dove for the loose ball and tried to recover.
F U Cam

Cam should call McNabb and ask him if people still talk about TO calling him out for puking in the 4th quarter of his Superbowl.
I think this non-play is going to stick to him pretty much like that.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Manziel beat his girlfriend, causing ear damage
Manziel showed up to Browns facility hung over
Manziel will be released by the Browns in about a month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n-p69bXh5w
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

NFL bans players with domestic violence, sexual assault convictions from scouting combine.

In an effort to show that they’re serious about cracking down on the myriad domestic violence issues that have plagued the league, the NFL has announced that players convicted of domestic violence, sexual assault, and weapons offenses won’t be allowed to attend the scouting combine.

While this seems like a decent response at first, it’s a little weird that the scope of the ban is limited to those offenses, and not others. Of course, the NFL has seen more pressure and bad publicity from the domestic violence issue, but it’s a little weird to put it “ahead” of regular assault and many other crimes.

It would be simpler, and ultimately more reasonable to just say, “Hey, no felons or anyone convicted of violent crimes are allowed at the combine.”

But that doesn’t make as catchy a headline.

Hat Tip – [NFL]

------------------------------------

So the NFL is serious about these issues their fix is..........By banning players from going to scouting combine. I guess once you make it to the NFL you're in the clear! Abuse on!
Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alabama Slammer »

Oh c'mon... the guy is a 30 year old running back on a pass heavy offensive team with a new GM that is trying to get his players in place.

No big surprise there.
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

I wouldn't mind seeing Forte in a Patriots jersey.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Maybe the Bears can work out a trade with the Bills and get LeSean McCoy. Sounds like he can dish out the punishment pretty good. He's a real hard hitter.
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

WTF wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing Forte in a Patriots jersey.
-Word.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alabama Slammer »

eddie lee roth wrote:Maybe the Bears can work out a trade with the Bills and get LeSean McCoy. Sounds like he can dish out the punishment pretty good. He's a real hard hitter.

I see what you did there.