The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:3 Super Bowls later, but 20 years of not winning definitely ruins the legacy of Jerry Jones.
Fuck Jerry Jones, it's the legacy of Herschel Walker. Without Herschel and the Vikings it would be Hot Tub Time Machine 2 in Dallas and Jones would be shot in the dick.
if, if and if.
geez, you must be fun at parties

if Tom Brady was never born, Belichik would be coaching the Browns :lol:
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

and if you quit eat-
ing big burritos you
wouldn't clog your
toilet :lol: :lol: :lol:

GOON!!!
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Machado wrote: if Tom Brady was never born, Belichik would be coaching the Browns :lol:
Probably not, since the Browns fired Belichick when Brady was still a college freshman.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:and if you quit eat-
ing big burritos you
wouldn't clog your
toilet :lol: :lol: :lol:

GOON!!!
i figured some of you out. when push comes to shove, all of you would prefer to hurl insults instead of talking about the NFL or another sport or whatever the OP chose as the topic.
the rate that all of you laugh at your own jokes is astonishing.
knee slappin fun :roll:
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:3 Super Bowls later, but 20 years of not winning definitely ruins the legacy of Jerry Jones.
Fuck Jerry Jones, it's the legacy of Herschel Walker. Without Herschel and the Vikings it would be Hot Tub Time Machine 2 in Dallas and Jones would be shot in the dick.
if, if and if.
geez, you must be fun at parties

if Tom Brady was never born, Belichik would be coaching the Browns :lol:

No where in my post is the word "IF". Do you need a history lesson or are you still working on the 1st place schedule?
It was total genius by Jimmy Johnson and Dallas....And total stupidity by the Vikings. RAPE! RAPE! RAPE!

Fact. It didn't just bolt Dallas to the Super Bowl, it changed the NFL.
The Herschel Walker trade was the largest player most lopsided trade in NFL history and arguably one of the most lopsided trades in all of sports history when the dust cleared.....Dallas won 3 Super Bowls, Herschel Walker lasted 3 seasons in Minnesota.

18 players and "countless" draft picks were passed around. It started out simply as...

Herschel Walker + 4 Draft picks
for
5 Players and 8 Draft picks

"One ESPN columnist assessing the impact of free agency on the NFL noted that it had almost entirely replaced significant trades and by doing so "took away one of the greatest shortcuts to becoming a Super Bowl champion: fleecing the Vikings."

HERSCHEL WALKER TRADE ( THE BIG HEIST ) ESPN 30/30 The Great Trade Robbery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7yprJN29rY

---------------------

"On October 12, 1989, arguably what turned out to be the most lopsided trade in sports history had taken place. It was on this day that the Dallas Cowboys traded Herschel Walker and four draft picks to the Minnesota Vikings for five players as well as what turned out to be eight draft choices as a result of conditional picks."

"In many ways, this move also has kept teams from having another fast track to winning because of how it changed two teams around. This trade was important to the Cowboys' success, but it also proved to be important to the thought process of teams later on. This deal is popularly referred to as the "Herschel Walker Trade" or simply as "The Trade".

---------------------

Dallas fans can thank Raiders Al Davis for helping because it all started with Johnson looking to trade Irvin to the Raiders.......Al Davis and Jerry Jones became quick friends when Jones bought Dallas and Jones has basically turned into the senile Al Davis.

"Johnson felt the Cowboys were so terrible that only a blockbuster trade could help them. He considered trading wide receiver Michael Irvin to the Los Angeles Raiders, but Raiders owner Al Davis essentially talked Johnson out of the trade by saying, "You sure you want to do that? Who is going to catch passes for you?" Johnson felt that Walker was the only remaining bargaining chip they had."
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Ratt-
What's your point? Next you are going to tell us that
Bill Walsh invented the west coast offense :roll:
UtahRatt wrote: No where in my post is the word "IF". Do you need a history lesson or are you still working on the 1st place schedule?
It was total genius by Jimmy Johnson and Dallas....And total stupidity by the Vikings. RAPE! RAPE! RAPE!

Fact. It didn't just bolt Dallas to the Super Bowl, it changed the NFL.
The Herschel Walker trade was the largest player most lopsided trade in NFL history and arguably one of the most lopsided trades in all of sports history when the dust cleared.....Dallas won 3 Super Bowls, Herschel Walker lasted 3 seasons in Minnesota.

18 players and "countless" draft picks were passed around. It started out simply as...

Herschel Walker + 4 Draft picks
for
5 Players and 8 Draft picks

"One ESPN columnist assessing the impact of free agency on the NFL noted that it had almost entirely replaced significant trades and by doing so "took away one of the greatest shortcuts to becoming a Super Bowl champion: fleecing the Vikings."

HERSCHEL WALKER TRADE ( THE BIG HEIST ) ESPN 30/30 The Great Trade Robbery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7yprJN29rY

---------------------

"On October 12, 1989, arguably what turned out to be the most lopsided trade in sports history had taken place. It was on this day that the Dallas Cowboys traded Herschel Walker and four draft picks to the Minnesota Vikings for five players as well as what turned out to be eight draft choices as a result of conditional picks."

"In many ways, this move also has kept teams from having another fast track to winning because of how it changed two teams around. This trade was important to the Cowboys' success, but it also proved to be important to the thought process of teams later on. This deal is popularly referred to as the "Herschel Walker Trade" or simply as "The Trade".

---------------------

Dallas fans can thank Raiders Al Davis for helping because it all started with Johnson looking to trade Irvin to the Raiders.......Al Davis and Jerry Jones became quick friends when Jones bought Dallas and Jones has basically turned into the senile Al Davis.

"Johnson felt the Cowboys were so terrible that only a blockbuster trade could help them. He considered trading wide receiver Michael Irvin to the Los Angeles Raiders, but Raiders owner Al Davis essentially talked Johnson out of the trade by saying, "You sure you want to do that? Who is going to catch passes for you?" Johnson felt that Walker was the only remaining bargaining chip they had."
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Ratt-
What's your point? Next you are going to tell us that
Bill Walsh invented the west coast offense :roll:
Bill Walsh didn't invent the "West Coast Offense" you dumb chimp.

The West Coast Offense is just a fucking term Bill Parcells said to the press when the Giants beat the Niners......."How do you like that west coast offensive now?"

The West Coast Offense covers a lot of ground. The 70's Oakland, San Diego, Air Coryell + teams to Walsh's system the list goes on and on. Offensives evolve like music. Stolen, modified, adjusted and used.

First I shut you up over the Herschel Walker trade, your own fucking team.......Now I have to explain to you the difference in the passing game?

Go Fish.

How stupid do you feel right now? Do you always feel stupid? Speak to your doctor right away......HOW NOW BROWN COW?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Typical Machado starts something then goes on "Vacation".
Machado, tell me what "Brady being born" has to do with the Herschel Walker Trade?

Are you denying the Herschel Trade wasn't the KEY POINT in Dallas quickly building the 90's Super Bowl teams? Dallas didn't draft all studs but with that many picks for every Emmet Smith they could afford missing with a Steve Walsh. Without "The Trade" it would have taken 5+ years to a decade and luck to turn that HORRIBLE Dallas team into a Dynasty. Tell me I'm wrong?

--------------------------------

Then you skip right over that to make another stupid comment. Bill Walsh Created The West Coast Offense!

WCO is a term that just stuck, it can refer to a lot of versions and concepts that's been used at least since the 60's/70's. I'm almost positive WALSH hates being attached to the West Coast name. He created his own playbook from others that's been around and made it his bitch. And even still, he was taught under Paul Brown.

Machado's next post will change the subject and say something brilliant like.....I bet you're fun at parties! Or TELL US! I'm telling YOU Machado, you are the one who opened your mouth.

For once in your life Machado, grow a set and admit you was wrong on both accounts.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

He will never admit he was wrong.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:Typical Machado starts something then goes on "Vacation".
Machado, tell me what "Brady being born" has to do with the Herschel Walker Trade?

Are you denying the Herschel Trade wasn't the KEY POINT in Dallas quickly building the 90's Super Bowl teams? Dallas didn't draft all studs but with that many picks for every Emmet Smith they could afford missing with a Steve Walsh. Without "The Trade" it would have taken 5+ years to a decade and luck to turn that HORRIBLE Dallas team into a Dynasty. Tell me I'm wrong?

--------------------------------

Then you skip right over that to make another stupid comment. Bill Walsh Created The West Coast Offense!

WCO is a term that just stuck, it can refer to a lot of versions and concepts that's been used at least since the 60's/70's. I'm almost positive WALSH hates being attached to the West Coast name. He created his own playbook from others that's been around and made it his bitch. And even still, he was taught under Paul Brown.

Machado's next post will change the subject and say something brilliant like.....I bet you're fun at parties! Or TELL US! I'm telling YOU Machado, you are the one who opened your mouth.

For once in your life Machado, grow a set and admit you was wrong on both accounts.
Utah,
Give us all a break already. You love to split hairs. Your forte is to nitpick and nitpick some more. What is your point? Shirley, you must have a point, :lol: :lol: :lol:
I grew up on the west coast. I grew up around 49er fans. Over here, in this part of the world, people give Walsh all the credit. Why? Because Walsh won the big games. What did that other guy do? Not a damn thing.
Ya see, there is a difference between winners and losers, You, amigo, well you fall into the loser category. I think you might be geographically challenged.

As far the trade or the steal between Dallas and the Vikes, you can't tell me anything I don't already know. They don't call that deal, the great Trade Robbery for nothing. You dipshit!
Remember, I'm a Cowboys fan. And unlike what you and the rest here fully believe, I did not become a fan in 1992.
I was a fan long before that and read about the game in the paper during that '89 season, when the team won just 1 game. Guess what? Aikman was not the starting QB for the first victory. Bet you didn't know what.
F U!
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Matardo, are you saying Paul Brown never won anything?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:Matardo, are you saying Paul Brown never won anything?
for the love of pete rozelle, now you are going back to the
40's and 50's. :lol:
nobody cares about paul brown. sorry. except for the lowly browns
fans or a bengal fan from time to time.
:lol:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Utah,
Give us all a break already. You love to split hairs. Your forte is to nitpick and nitpick some more. What is your point? Shirley, you must have a point, :lol: :lol: :lol:
I grew up on the west coast. I grew up around 49er fans. Over here, in this part of the world, people give Walsh all the credit. Why? Because Walsh won the big games. What did that other guy do? Not a damn thing.
Ya see, there is a difference between winners and losers, You, amigo, well you fall into the loser category. I think you might be geographically challenged.

As far the trade or the steal between Dallas and the Vikes, you can't tell me anything I don't already know. They don't call that deal, the great Trade Robbery for nothing. You dipshit!
Remember, I'm a Cowboys fan. And unlike what you and the rest here fully believe, I did not become a fan in 1992.
I was a fan long before that and read about the game in the paper during that '89 season, when the team won just 1 game. Guess what? Aikman was not the starting QB for the first victory. Bet you didn't know what.
F U!

So you was wrong on both accounts. That's all you had to say is you don't know what you're talking about and still don't.

Machado wrote:I grew up on the west coast.
Over here, in this part of the world
I think you might be geographically challenged.
Are you honestly looking for street cred online to cover up your stupidity and "Geographically challenged" :lol:

Do you need me to point out a place on the map for you to go and stick your head in the sand?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:for the love of pete rozelle, now you are going back to the
*edit, too rich to pass up*

No one cares about Paul Brown? Sounds like you might be channeling your inner-self. Have you tried to stop acting like P13's Mini-Me or is pure stupidity a way of drawing attention to yourself?

Nice use of google, Wikiboy. :lol:

That's HALL OF FAME Paul Brown to you. The Cleveland Browns are named after him and The Cincinnati Bengals play in Paul Brown Stadium.

Machado, I think you might be "historically challenged."
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Looks like Wiki Machado went on vacation again. Might as well finish it off.........
Machado wrote:Over here, in this part of the world, people give Walsh all the credit. Why? Because Walsh won the big games. What did that other guy do? Not a damn thing.
Fact.
Walsh trained under Al Davis putting Walsh under Davis's mentor Sid Gillman's coaching tree of the West Coast Offense. Then Walsh was trained under Paul Brown, where Paul Brown and Bill Wash took Sid's WCO and modified it into their version. With the Bengals, not with the Niners.

Then after Wiki machado glanced at Browns page......
Machado wrote:for the love of pete rozelle, now you are going back to the
Going back to the 40's and 50's and no body cares about Paul brown?

Legendary Cowboys coach Tom Landry: "The person who influenced me the most was Paul Brown." Ever heard of TOM LANDRY? :lol:

------------------------

Machado, about the guy that never did anything, Paul Brown...

A small kid under 150lbs Brown was talked into playing High School Football, at QB his record was 15–3

• Coaching high school, his teams lost only 10 games in 11 seasons.
• Coached Ohio State to its first national football championship 1942
• Won four AAFC championships before joining the NFL in 1950
• Coached the Browns to three NFL championships 1950, 1954 and 1955
• Played a role in founding the Cincinnati Bengals and was their first coach
• First coach of the Cleveland Browns, a team named after him

• Was the first coach to use game film and scout opponents.
• Invented the Play Book, the modern face mask and the practice squad
• Helped break professional football's color barrier, bringing some of the first African-Americans
• Was the first to time guys in the 40-yard dash to grade players
• He devised "the pocket" for quarterbacks
• The first coach to call plays on the sidelines during games
• Created the first helmet-related radio communication to the huddle

4× AAFC champion (1946, 1947, 1948, 1949)
3× NFL champion (1950, 1954, 1955)
3× Sporting News Coach of the Year (1949, 1951, 1953)
3× UPI NFL Coach of the Year (1957, 1969, 1970)
NCAA national champion (1942)
5× Ohio AP high school champion (1935–1936, 1938–1940)
Maryland high school champion (1930)
4× High School Football National Championship (1935, 1936, 1939, 1940)
NFL Alumni Order of the Leather Helmet (1979)
Walter Camp Man of the Year (1989)
Paul Brown Tiger Stadium in Massillon, Ohio named after him
Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio named after him

--------------------------

Brown's coaching tree, which is so large it is sometimes called a "forest"

DON SHULA: My 33 years as an NFL head coach, that was pretty much from the Paul Brown playbook. Chuck Noll did the same thing. He took it and did some pretty good things in Pittsburgh, won four Super Bowls.

Bill Belichick: There's nobody in the game that I have more respect for than Paul Brown, the father of pro football.

Jim Brown: Football really started here in Ohio and it was started by a man named Paul Brown

"The Walsh offense owes much to the past. As a Raiders' assistant in 1966, Walsh learned under Al Davis and John Rauch, who was the Raider's head coach. Raiders football was based on the theories of Sid Gillman. Al Davis had taken Gillman one step further. This system became the basis of Walsh's offense."

Machado: There is a difference between winners and losers!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

i can't believe we are having this back n forth.
paul brown, yes, he did amazing things for the game. but that was yesterday.
tom landry, yes, did amazing things for the game but that was also a long
time ago. i hated that he was fired and replaced by j. johnson, but it was the right move at the time. the game passed Landry and lapped him several times.

you can go ahead and type that i went to Wiki. you can continue to pretend that i want to draw attention to myself. you can also believe that you know more about football than anybody here.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Machado wrote: paul brown, yes, he did amazing things for the game.
Machado wrote:What did that other guy do? Not a damn thing.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
Matardo will never let the truth get in the way of his stories.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
It. Never. Ends.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Tenacious_Dio wrote:
It. Never. Ends.
i'm only placating Utah so he'll move on already. the topic is ridiculous.

hey, let's about about George Halas. i mean, he's the head coach
of the Bears, yes? :roll:
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Halas never did shit either.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:Halas never did shit either.
oh, i'm sure he dropped a deuce and didn't flush :lol:
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

And Vince Lombardi? Fuck him too. What has he done lately? Give me Jason Garrett! At least he's won a division title in this decade.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:you can also believe that you know more about football than anybody here.
Did you see me quote anyone else? I was talking to you but now that you mention it with a few word changes in your sentence.

I also believe that anybody here knows more about football then you.

Machado wrote:when push comes to shove, all of you would prefer to hurl insults instead of talking about the NFL or another sport or whatever the OP chose as the topic.
I forgot to add after giving you a history lesson it's clear you don't like to talk about football either. You bitch and moan talking football or talking shit. I guess if you can't do either it's no wonder you have an itchy vagina.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Saints just released Colston...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Mario Williams released by Buffalo.

Cousins given franchise tag by Skins.

Josh Norman tagged by Carolina.

None are a surprise. I'm interested to see if Williams will get it back together wherever he lands.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Not disappointed by the Cousins tag.

Dude had a good 10 games against shitty teams. Give him another season to prove it. I'd rather overpay him for 1 season than 5.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Crazy Levi wrote:Not disappointed by the Cousins tag.

Dude had a good 10 games against shitty teams. Give him another season to prove it. I'd rather overpay him for 1 season than 5.
You think they'll actually just do the one year or work a long term? I think by August he will have a long term deal.
Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alabama Slammer »

dmbrocker wrote:Saints just released Colston...

Loved that guy.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:Not disappointed by the Cousins tag.

all joking aside, RGIII would be a good fit for the LA Rams.
he loves the spotlight
he likes the attention
his social media is priority #1
HOLLYWOOD!!!