The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Crazy Levi »

Gritt wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:Not disappointed by the Cousins tag.

Dude had a good 10 games against shitty teams. Give him another season to prove it. I'd rather overpay him for 1 season than 5.
You think they'll actually just do the one year or work a long term? I think by August he will have a long term deal.
Well...just saying I'm happy with either outcome, but I'd prefer another one-year tryout.

Who knows what will happen, I really have no clue.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

I'm in the same boat. I think he's the real deal and he's definitely a leader. The team rallied around him this season and I loved seeing that with this team for the first time in years. I would be thrilled to just see them lock him up with a long term deal to show everybody that he is their man.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Gritt wrote:I'm in the same boat. I think he's the real deal and he's definitely a leader. The team rallied around him this season and I loved seeing that with this team for the first time in years. I would be thrilled to just see them lock him up with a long term deal to show everybody that he is their man.
Yeah but how much money does this guy want? How much could he get on the open market?

We don't know what they want but you can't pay this guy Joe Flacco or Tom Brady money at this point. It would cripple the team and if he busts...holy fuck we are set back 3 or 4 seasons. I hope they work out a deal too but if it's big money at least make it like Kapernick's where there's some safety valves.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Gritt wrote:I'm in the same boat. I think he's the real deal and he's definitely a leader. The team rallied around him this season and I loved seeing that with this team for the first time in years. I would be thrilled to just see them lock him up with a long term deal to show everybody that he is their man.
Yeah but how much money does this guy want? How much could he get on the open market?

We don't know what they want but you can't pay this guy Joe Flacco or Tom Brady money at this point. It would cripple the team and if he busts...holy fuck we are set back 3 or 4 seasons. I hope they work out a deal too but if it's big money at least make it like Kapernick's where there's some safety valves.
I think going forward teams are going to put in those safety valves so they don't get stuck long term with guys who aren't worth it.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:Not disappointed by the Cousins tag.

Dude had a good 10 games against shitty teams. Give him another season to prove it. I'd rather overpay him for 1 season than 5.
You think they'll actually just do the one year or work a long term? I think by August he will have a long term deal.
The Skins were dead on about giving him the franchise tag, he was asking for Dalton money for half a season of good games vs shitty teams "like you said". Somewhere in the range of 17m to 20m if I remember right? So the Skins made a good call, let him prove himself this year before dumping a big contract. I was afraid the Skins would give Cousins that silly asking price then have him turn into Foles and they'd be stuck.

Cousins given franchise tag by Skins was their best and only move IMO....And If he proves himself at most they'll end up giving him a couple more million a year. If he doesn't live up, they haven't lost anything and are not stuck in a huge contract with a 20+ INT thrower.

I hope he has a good season and earns a 17+m contract. I'm not sold on him yet but have a little hope he might fair well, like levi said, he put up some numbers.....Questionable numbers. They really needed this coming season to see if he's worth investing the future in.

Good call, we shall see. I think they have more question marks at RB and their interior line? Not sure what the Skins have done or got in mind.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

I think Matt Jones is going to be their featured back and I'm good with that.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:I think Matt Jones is going to be their featured back and I'm good with that.
If he holds onto the ball Jones will be interesting but still not expecting big numbers, I'm curious if the Skins can establish a running game. Aren't the Skins lacking a good TE? Too bad Morris can't catch.

After reading the skinny on Cousins I think the Skins are stuck and will be forced to pay. They don't have many options and it looks like a bad draft for QB's. Everyone seems to think he's the real deal. I get the feeling Cousins is Jay Cutler Jr, being loaded with weapons helps.

Honestly, I'd be tempted to take the exclusive tag off like the Panthers did with Josh Norman and see if they could fish for some 1st round picks and stack up or just go ahead and try to work out a mid term deal now.

Cousins with the non-exclusive tag is going to bank $20 million and 24m next year under the same tactic. If they try and sign him long term he'll end up around 17m with a bonus that puts him above Romo, Stafford, Tannehill, Alex Smith and well above Palmer so to me that would be a better option then the exclusive tag. Unless he was just a fluke who benefited from a good WR core, play calling and weak schedule.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

The Skins have a top five TE in Jordan Reed.

They need to shore up the line. It was better this year but they still have a way to go.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote: If they try and sign him long term he'll end up around 17m with a bonus that puts him above Romo, Stafford, Tannehill, Alex Smith and well above Palmer so to me that would be a better option then the exclusive tag. Unless he was just a fluke who benefited from a good WR core, play calling and weak schedule.
I could live with that - that's really not such an impressive list of names he's earned it, and he's the youngest on that list besides Tannehill (I think).

But...let's see if it was a fluke.

And nobody is giving up two first round picks for Kirk fuckin' Cousins. Not gonna happen.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:The Packers resigned K Mason Crosby for $16 million over 4 years w/ a $5 million signing bonus!

Let me get this straight, the Eagles just paid Bradford $26 million guaranteed for two years? Combined w/$78M rookie contract, Bradford will have made $114M through 9 seasons after new 2-yr Eagles deal. 25-37-1 as starter. No playoffs!!! Why?
Edit.....Even worse.
I think it will be 7 seasons? 2010 Rookie.

1st over all pick, Rookie of the year who set a few records, playing on a bad teams hopeful he'd bounce back from injuries.....The Rams sure took the blunt of Bradford's hit and the going rate for a starter isn't cheap either. He's had flashes of being a QB but really.....He sucks.

Bradford played a little better down the stretch last year, 13m for a starting QB wont get you much but he's looking at 36m and 18m if he makes the season. I'm not buying it either.....Even if he did almost break 4,000yds in 14 starts with garbage stats Bradford's paycheck is a mystery.

I had a feeling the Eagles or someone would give Tarvaris Jackson another shot over Bradford......That's how bad I think Bradford is.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
UtahRatt wrote: If they try and sign him long term he'll end up around 17m with a bonus that puts him above Romo, Stafford, Tannehill, Alex Smith and well above Palmer so to me that would be a better option then the exclusive tag. Unless he was just a fluke who benefited from a good WR core, play calling and weak schedule.
I could live with that - that's really not such an impressive list of names he's earned it, and he's the youngest on that list besides Tannehill (I think).

But...let's see if it was a fluke.

And nobody is giving up two first round picks for Kirk fuckin' Cousins. Not gonna happen.

Totally spaced off Jordan Reed...Doh. Sure Fred Davis still isn't the starter? :oops:

After looking at the list the more it seems like a fair price for Cousins. QB salaries are on the rise, talks are that Flacco is going to restructure and be in the top 5 again.

This season has lot of interesting QB's story's.

Between the aging QB's from Brees, Brady to tell me Peyton is going to retire. Luck, Romo and Flacco coming off injuries and the new lot, Jameis Winston and Mariota. Then you have your Carr, Cousins, Bridgewater and Bortles....There's a lot of question marks to be answered this season. Where's Kaepersnacks going to be? The Skins stating "they'll take anything for RGIII"

What happened to all the hype of Tannehill and the fins

Jet's sticking with Fitz.

The Bronco's sound like they might have troubles keeping Osweiler?

I'm rooting to see if Tyrod Taylor can hold on with the Bills and take the next step. I've heard rumors they've looked around but don't have cap space.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Noooooo!!!! The Falcons just released Roddy White! Now our playoff chances for next season (if we ever had any) are really sunk!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

UtahRatt wrote:
DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:The Packers resigned K Mason Crosby for $16 million over 4 years w/ a $5 million signing bonus!

Let me get this straight, the Eagles just paid Bradford $26 million guaranteed for two years? Combined w/$78M rookie contract, Bradford will have made $114M through 9 seasons after new 2-yr Eagles deal. 25-37-1 as starter. No playoffs!!! Why?
I think it will be 8 seasons? 2010 Rookie.

1st over all pick, Rookie of the year who set a few records, playing on a bad teams hopeful he'd bounce back from injuries.....The Rams sure took the blunt of Bradford's hit and the going rate for a starter isn't cheap either. He's had flashes of being a QB but really.....He sucks.

Bradford played a little better down the stretch last year, 13m for a starting QB wont get you much but he's looking at 36m and 18m if he makes the season. I'm not buying it either.....Even if he did almost break 4,000yds in 14 starts with garbage stats Bradford's paycheck is a mystery.

I had a feeling the Eagles or someone would give Tarvaris Jackson another shot over Bradford......That's how bad I think Bradford is.
He had a rating of 97.3 over his last 8 starts and you can't blame him for the dropped passes and the ineffective run game. He showed he can stay in the pocket and take the big hit without fear of reinjuring his knee. They are keeping him around and likely drafting a QB that he will be tasked with grooming for the future (much like their new coach Doug Pedersen did for McNabb in 1999). If he finds his groove and has a great year the Eagles look like geniuses. If he doesn't then there will be an heir apparent ready to compete for the starting job in the 2017 season. Either way they didn't have to franchise him and the cap hit isn't bad. It's a good move.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Kamikaze_Russo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Kamikaze_Russo »

Elway & the Broncos are going to let Osweiler test the free agent market.

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:He had a rating of 97.3 over his last 8 starts and you can't blame him for the dropped passes and the ineffective run game. He showed he can stay in the pocket and take the big hit without fear of reinjuring his knee. They are keeping him around and likely drafting a QB that he will be tasked with grooming for the future (much like their new coach Doug Pedersen did for McNabb in 1999). If he finds his groove and has a great year the Eagles look like geniuses. If he doesn't then there will be an heir apparent ready to compete for the starting job in the 2017 season. Either way they didn't have to franchise him and the cap hit isn't bad. It's a good move.
I think a 2 year contract with the Eagles is their best and only option, they already look like geniuses after a Foley for Bradford trade I thought was going to be a mistake. Plus there isn't any QB's out there unless they try for a risky pick up of an Osweiler, Kaperfish, RG3.0, T. Jackson or whoever.
It's not looking like a good QB draft and I don't think they have any "CHIP'S" left on the table to move up. They still might have a QB prospect if they use their 1st RD pick.

Bradford did finish the season looking better, probably took him that long to get settled down and playing from behind helps. It's why I don't look at his yards I'm sure his career has been spent playing from behind. Dumping their WR's again and over paying for that one RB.....Does anyone remember his name? I'm shocked Bradford finished the season.

I still find it a mystery that Bradford has made around 116m and is looking at 7 years for the most part STILL as a career starter. With a record of 25-37-1 who has only thrown over 20tds once. 21TDS in 2012. "had to look it up, I didn't think he's broke 20tds in a season"

Bradford's career stats - 78tds 52ints and 37fumbles
2015 Eagles - 19TDs 14INTS 10Fumbles
His Cmp% has improved each year shows some promise I guess.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Kamikaze_Russo wrote:Elway & the Broncos are going to let Osweiler test the free agent market.
Cutlerfuck, Orton, Teabone, Plummer, Griese.....They have a great system and have always managed to make something out of nothing until they find a replacement. I don't think they have the cap to keep Osweiler? Defense wins championships, looks like the plan in Denver now. I fucking hate Denver but respect how they've adapted and win.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Skins cut RG3.

Please dear God let him end up in Dallas.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:Skins cut RG3.

Please dear God let him end up in Dallas.
LOL, won't happen. He's a better fit on the 10-15 teams said to be interested in him. I still believe LA Rams should sign him. RGIII and his brand in Hollywood. He might become the next Joe Namath :lol:
His knees are already shot :lol:
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

I think RG3 ends up in Houston.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:I think RG3 ends up in Houston.
tbh, i think he ends up on the unemployment line within 2 years. the kid will have so much pressure on him to excel, that when he fails to meet expections....exile on main street, RGIII
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Philly trades Demarco Murray, Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso with Ryan Matthews also being shopped. The Chip Kelly purge has begun.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Philly trades Demarco Murray, Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso with Ryan Matthews also being shopped. The Chip Kelly purge has begun.
THE PUSSIFICATION OF THE EAGLES HAS BEGUN!

The question is, how many years of cap hits are they going to suffer for this dump?
WhiteHouseSubsAC

UtahRatt wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Philly trades Demarco Murray, Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso with Ryan Matthews also being shopped. The Chip Kelly purge has begun.

The question is, how many years of cap hits are they going to suffer for this dump?
They can't release terms until Wednesday but it looks like 4 of the 7 million Murray would have been owed is dead money. Both he and Maxwell are redoing their deals to leave so probably not as bad as it could have been.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

F.U. Murray. Have fun being a non factor on your new team. You should have stayed in Dallas. You still would have been paid but more importantly,
you would be a star in the league.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:F.U. Murray. Have fun being a non factor on your new team. You should have stayed in Dallas. You still would have been paid but more importantly,
And have one more win than the team he's going to. Yee haw.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:F.U. Murray. Have fun being a non factor on your new team. You should have stayed in Dallas. You still would have been paid but more importantly,
C'mon, no NFL player goes to Tennessee and has their career take off. Its where NFL players go to get away from greatness.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Damn, was hoping when I read my phone and saw "Demarco Murray Traded...."...

That is was back to Dallas for him.. Dammit...
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:
Gritt wrote:
C'mon, no NFL player goes to Tennessee and has their career take off. Its where NFL players go to get away from greatness.

Dallas won 4 games last year........Tennessee is building a good team, I bet they are much improved this season.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

They can't release terms until Wednesday but it looks like 4 of the 7 million Murray would have been owed is dead money. Both he and Maxwell are redoing their deals to leave so probably not as bad as it could have been.
Philly swaps 13 pick for Miami's 8 (pending Maxwell passing physical, his agent says he's good to go) and gets rid of two mediocre players in Maxwell and Alonso. So far Howie Roseman is a genius taking back the personnel decisions for the team. We'll see how the Murray trade shakes out.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Philly swaps 13 pick for Miami's 8 (pending Maxwell passing physical, his agent says he's good to go) and gets rid of two mediocre players in Maxwell and Alonso. So far Howie Roseman is a genius taking back the personnel decisions for the team. We'll see how the Murray trade shakes out.
Chip Kelly was the worst thing to happen in Philly. He showed up, said he was a genius and left the team in the fetal position