The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by dmbrocker »

Osweiler to the Texans with the possibility of Kaepernick becoming a Bronco...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

dmbrocker wrote:Osweiler to the Texans with the possibility of Kaepernick becoming a Bronco...
I hope that is true. Would like to see Kap fail at mile high. RGIII, to the 49ers. LOL!!!
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:Osweiler to the Texans with the possibility of Kaepernick becoming a Bronco...
I hope that is true. Would like to see Kap fail at mile high. RGIII, to the 49ers. LOL!!!
The Cowboys are now the fourth best football team in Texas behind the Texans, Baylor, and TCU.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:
The Cowboys are now the fourth best football team in Texas behind the Texans, Baylor, and TCU.

OK whatever you say Corky. How are those kegel exercises coming along?

Anyway, Osweiler told Elway and shove it where the sun don't shine. Good for him. I bet Elway and his horse teeth didn't not see this coming.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:
Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:

Anyway, Osweiler told Elway and shove it where the sun don't shine. Good for him. I bet Elway and his horse teeth didn't not see this coming.
Yeah, good for him.

When Elway retired they figured they'd just roll with Bubby Brister and Brian Griese. We all know how that worked out.

Denver's defense was great last season but nobody ever delivers a performance like that two seasons in a row anymore (remember Seattle?). They are going to need their offense to score some actual points this season and it's gonna be tough to do without a QB.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:
The Longhorns have had a couple bad seasons of late, but they're still better than the Cowboys.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

So the NY Giants went on this season's "Dream Team" spending spree remaking their entire D-line. The committed $115 million guaranteed to this bunch.

We all know how this shit ends up. 8-8 season at best, an underperforming FA class, and GM Reese fired at the end of the season. I know their aren't any Giants fans here to fuck with, but I'll still just say I'll be enjoying it. This is the moment the Giants, the "class organization" that always does things right, finally jumped the shark.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:

Denver's defense was great last season but nobody ever delivers a performance like that two seasons in a row anymore (remember Seattle?). They are going to need their offense to score some actual points this season and it's gonna be tough to do without a QB.
Being a Wade Phillips defense, a second year return to the mean is a lock. It's happened everywhere he's been, every single time.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Crazy Levi wrote:So the NY Giants went on this season's "Dream Team" spending spree remaking their entire D-line. The committed $115 million guaranteed to this bunch.

We all know how this shit ends up. 8-8 season at best, an underperforming FA class, and GM Reese fired at the end of the season. I know their aren't any Giants fans here to fuck with, but I'll still just say I'll be enjoying it. This is the moment the Giants, the "class organization" that always does things right, finally jumped the shark.
I liked Vernon for what he was and knew he was gone, but 52 mil guaranteed to a guy who's only notched 10 or more sacks just once is insane, He did lead the league in getting to the QB but that was with Suh and Wake for half the year, He's getting paid Superstar money and He is far from that.

Hate to see Grimes go but dude needs to ditch his wife she's costing him some money as teams are supposedly hesitant to want to bring her anywhere near their organization, some teams gonna get him cheap. I don't get the media jumping on MIA for the moves, they needed to do something to shake things up after throwing all that cash suh's way, I don't mind hoping Alonso and Maxwell have bounce back years. Can't get much worse than the D they fielded last year
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote:
Gritt wrote: The Cowboys are now the fourth best football team in Texas behind the Texans, Baylor, and TCU.

Yeah, good for him.

When Elway retired they figured they'd just roll with Bubby Brister and Brian Griese. We all know how that worked out.

Kap wants to play for the Browns and Hue Jackson. That would be awesome. More guaranteed failure and laughable moments for Kap. It does not matter which team he suits up for, he won't amount to much of anything. I hope after his
latest disaster of a season, his endorsements diminish greatly. Same goes for TD Johnny and RGIII.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

I'm sure Kaepernick is losing sleep over a fat illegal alien like Matardo wishing him ill will.

Matardo counts his pennies, Kaepernick counts his millions.

Matardo couldn't get laid in a women's prison if he was carrying a handful of pardons, Kaepernick is beating off the women with a stick.

Matardo doesn't know how to flush a toilet, Kaepernick does.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:I'm sure Kaepernick is losing sleep over a fat illegal alien like Matardo wishing him ill will.

Matardo counts his pennies, Kaepernick counts his millions.

Matardo couldn't get laid in a women's prison if he was carrying a handful of pardons, Kaepernick is beating off the women with a stick.

Matardo doesn't know how to flush a toilet, Kaepernick does.
you lead this board in personal attacks. you must be so proud.
go ahead and spew more verbal diarrhea. it's your forte.
interesting how instead of sticking with the subject at hand, you are desperate once again to attack me or anybody else via the keyboard.
Last edited by Machado on Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Sanchez to Denver. He will be good there.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Richie Incognito @68INCOGNITO

Who's ready for 3 more years of DOMINATION in Buffalo!!!! @buffalobills

After turning down more money Richie said he felt owed it to the Bills for giving him a chance. The deal is worth roughly $15 million over three years for Incognito, who bounced back from an embarrassing league-imposed suspension to finish as the NFL's second-best guard last season "?" per Pro Football Focus. Bills’ gamble on Richie Incognito paid huge dividends. $3.25M cap hit in 2016. :evil:

-----------------------

Pittsburgh Steelers add TE Ladarius Green.
Green told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette this week that the large and vocal contingent of Steelers fans at a Chargers home game in October actually played a role in his decision in free agency. :P

-----------------------------

Jag's, sign DE Malik Jackson, fresh off a Super Bowl title with Denver, has agreed to terms on a six-year, $90 million deal.
Jags, sign Giants cornerback Prince Amukamara on a one-year deal .
Jags, sign safety Tashaun Gipson

------------------------------------

Top 99 Free Agents, #99

Robert Griffin III visits with New York Jets. Plan B?
The Jets still don't have Ryan Fitzpatrick under contract. An intriguing Plan B has now stepped into the picture. Robert Griffin III visited the team on Friday

------------------------------

Raiders agree to 4-year, $40M contract with Chiefs CB Sean Smith
Raiders agree to a five-year deal with Ravens OL Kelechi Osemele $11 million per year $20 his first season
Raiders agree to a four-year deal with Seattle LB Bruce Irvin a maximum of $37 million $12.5 million guaranteed.

-----------------------------------------------

Morris Claiborne resigns a one-year deal with the Cowboys

------------------------------------

The Browns announced Friday they've released quarterback Johnny Manziel

----------------------------------------------

Bucs added pass rusher Robert Ayers. The former Giant agreed to a three-year deal worth $21 million.
The Buccaneers have also agreed to terms with cornerback Brent Grimes

----------------------------

Recently released Chris Long will visit Washington Tuesday
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Denver has gone from Suplex City to Butt Fumble City, thanks Elway
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Steelers WR Martavis Bryant reportedly facing year-long suspension.

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Martavis Bryant is facing a season-long suspension for a violation of the league's substance abuse policy, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network. Bryant was suspended for the first four games of the 2015 regular season due to multiple violations of the very same policy, which is why his suspension has escalated to a full-year ban.

-------------------------

It sounds funny, but Mark Sanchez is probably better for the Broncos than 2015 Peyton Manning.

Pretty funny, right? Just a month ago, the Broncos won the Super Bowl with a Hall of Fame quarterback at the helm. He retired, their backup left and now they're probably going to start Sanchez, famous for jamming his head into a person's butt so hard that he dropped a football.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/3/11/1 ... on-manning

:lol:

-----------------------------
Last edited by UtahRatt on Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Machado wrote:
Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:F.U. Murray. Have fun being a non factor on your new team. You should have stayed in Dallas. You still would have been paid but more importantly,
you would be a star in the league.
And have one more win than the team he's going to. Yee haw.
C'mon, no NFL player goes to Tennessee and has their career take off. Its where NFL players go to get away from greatness.
Unless youre Eddie George or Steve McNair.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:
Machado wrote:
Gritt wrote: And have one more win than the team he's going to. Yee haw.
C'mon, no NFL player goes to Tennessee and has their career take off. Its where NFL players go to get away from greatness.
Unless youre Eddie George or Steve McNair.
Don't try to confuse Matardo with facts.
Pierce Foreskin

Jones out Long in.
let's see how this pans out.
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:Jones out Long in.
A good guard in Cooper to protect their leader and a 2nd round pick....Helps make up for deflateAjoke. Plus there will be more weed to go around the Pat's locker room.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

For those who don't read the Drumpf thread or if you remember the USFL or how it died.

Well, you can guess trump was apart of it.
I remember watching the games is about it, wished I still had the card sets. If only Young or Herschel had 3 more NFL seasons. Reggie White......Bobby Hebert....Mike Rozier, Doug Flutie, Nate Newton, Sam MOTHER FUCKING MILLS! Gary Clark, Ricky Sanders, Gary Anderson.

Hell, Jim Kelly and Scott Norwood might have lost 3 more Super Bowls.

How Donald Trump helped destroy a pro football league in the '80s video
http://www.businessinsider.com/usfl-don ... als-2016-2

Trump and the USFL sued the NFL and won its antitrust suit, the USFL was awarded $3 in damages and went out of business. Three dollars.........Was that meant for Trump's parking meter. The NFL should have paid them in rolled pennies.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Missed this one...Really was hoping he'd come to the Oakland, LA, Vegas Raiders.

Ravens - Eric Weddle signs 4 year $26 million up to $29 million with incentives.
Ravens - Mike Wallace 2 years $11.5 million

Ex-Vikes WR Mike Wallace joins Ravens, says he needs 'proven' QB.
"When this process started, I knew I wasn't going back to Minnesota. I was like, 'I need a good quarterback,'" Wallace said at his introductory news conference. "I need a quarterback who is proven and can get things done. Flacco has always been that guy."

So he goes to the Ravens, who averaged an NFL-worst 10.4 yards per reception. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks Flacco isn't all that........Without a running game or support he's not a QB who could make something happen let alone carry a team.

--------------------------

Redskins agree to 1-year deal with LB Junior Galette after missing all of 2015. Galette had wanted a one-year deal all along, hoping he can prove that he's not only recovered from the Achilles' injury he suffered before last season, but that he remains a solid pass-rusher.

Redskins' new stadium might have a moat :shock:
http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-reds ... ave-a-moat

-------------------------

Broncos tendered C.J. Anderson low, elected to pay him high. Anderson moves into upper end of the pay scale at the position league-wide with a four-year deal worth $18 million.
Pierce Foreskin

UtahRatt wrote:
A good guard in Cooper to protect their leader and a 2nd round pick....Helps make up for deflateAjoke. Plus there will be more weed to go around the Pat's locker room.
That's synthetic weed thank you very much :lol:

I dunno about Cooper, he was a bust at Arizona. But maybe with Dante coming back he can coach him up.

I don't have a lot of hope for Long, he is getting a bit long in the tooth and hasn't been very productive in the last couple years.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

I dunno about Cooper, he was a bust at Arizona. But maybe with Dante coming back he can coach him up.

I don't have a lot of hope for Long, he is getting a bit long in the tooth and hasn't been very productive in the last couple years.
"The Patriots weighed Chandler Jones' current on-field value against his projected 2017 salary commands and made a deal that will bring needed cap flexibility"

I think it was more like Jones was stumbling around, got lost, found himself in Arizona and Belichick didn't take the collect call. Everyone predicted Jones would demand megabucks and leave after the season regardless, along with his issues I don't think they had a choice. I give it 50/50 Jones spends the season with the Cards and ends up back on the market.
I'm not tossing in the towel on Long, he's a hard worker who got the injury bug a couple years ago. A change of scenery and some health back he'll fill the end just fine. Loosing that 1st round pick was chicken shit but I think it played a part as well.

Cooper will at the very least add depth, he's been injury plagued from the start. I'm more curious to see how well Hogan fits in.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Saw a video of Johnny Football on ESPN coming out of some bar and telling the guy filming him "oh yeah I'll be playing for somebody next year".:roll:

He likes to keep it real... Real fucking dumb that is.
Pierce Foreskin

UtahRatt wrote:
Pierce Foreskin wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

"The Patriots weighed Chandler Jones' current on-field value against his projected 2017 salary commands and made a deal that will bring needed cap flexibility"

I think it was more like Jones was stumbling around, got lost, found himself in Arizona and Belichick didn't take the collect call. Everyone predicted Jones would demand megabucks and leave after the season regardless, along with his issues I don't think they had a choice. I give it 50/50 Jones spends the season with the Cards and ends up back on the market.
I'm not tossing in the towel on Long, he's a hard worker who got the injury bug a couple years ago. A change of scenery and some health back he'll fill the end just fine. Loosing that 1st round pick was chicken shit but I think it played a part as well.

Cooper will at the very least add depth, he's been injury plagued from the start. I'm more curious to see how well Hogan fits in.
I do get it they weren't going to be able to keep him, Hightower and Butler, and you're right another good sack season and he'd be gone anyway.

I am hopeful for Long, giving his pedigree, and if he can stay healthy.

Now rumors are that Martellus Bennett may come over in a trade...that'd give Brady two beasts at TE.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:I do get it they weren't going to be able to keep him, Hightower and Butler, and you're right another good sack season and he'd be gone anyway.

Now rumors are that Martellus Bennett may come over in a trade...that'd give Brady two beasts at TE.
Chicago Bears trade Martellus Bennett to New England Patriots for a fourth-round draft. The Pat's pick up a 6th round pick for compensation.....BAM. Him and Gronk will be a wicked tandem.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14990 ... mpensation

They're also in talks with Nate Washington....Along with Hogan their objective this season is clear. Patch the D and load up deep on bargain players while BEEFING up the offense.

I bet Long has a solid year, enough to get the job done while having enough players to fill in behind him.
They've stated protecting Brady is priority one, number two, give him more to work with. They tried to land another RB and bet they will before it's over but they're going all in on the offensive protection while banking the D is good enough. Bennett will be awesome, those two big targets will be hell to stop.

I don't see the Jet's having another surprise year, I could be wrong but if the Pat's protect Brady they should still own the division. It will be fun watching D's trying to cover Gronk and Bennett while opening up the run or a deep ball.

They'll pick up a DE in the 2nd round.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

eddie lee roth wrote:Saw a video of Johnny Football on ESPN coming out of some bar and telling the guy filming him "oh yeah I'll be playing for somebody next year".:roll:
BC Lions.

------------------------------

Browns release Dwayne Bowe!
One of the worst free-agent signings in team history, he was given a two-year, $12.5 million deal a year ago. The Browns guaranteed $9 million of that contract, and for that money they got five receptions for 53 yards from him last season.

With the guaranteed money he received, Bowe made $1.8 million per reception. :shock:

Go Browns!

---------------------

Raiders re-sign OT Donald Penn

Niceeeeeee........With recently signed Kelechi Osemele The Raiders now boast an offensive line that stands on average at 6-foot-4 and 319 pounds......left tackle Penn (6-5, 305), guard Osemele (6-5, 333), center Rodney Hudson (6-2, 291), guard Gabe Jackson (6-3, 336) and right tackle Austin Howard (6-foot-7, 333).

Where's the Beef! Looks like 8-8 might be reachable!
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:I do get it they weren't going to be able to keep him, Hightower and Butler
...and Collins.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Pierce Foreskin

UtahRatt wrote:
Pierce Foreskin wrote:I do get it they weren't going to be able to keep him, Hightower and Butler, and you're right another good sack season and he'd be gone anyway.

Chicago Bears trade Martellus Bennett to New England Patriots for a fourth-round draft. The Pat's pick up a 6th round pick for compensation.....BAM. Him and Gronk will be a wicked tandem.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14990 ... mpensation

They're also in talks with Nate Washington....Along with Hogan their objective this season is clear. Patch the D and load up deep on bargain players while BEEFING up the offense.

I bet Long has a solid year, enough to get the job done while having enough players to fill in behind him.
They've stated protecting Brady is priority one, number two, give him more to work with. They tried to land another RB and bet they will before it's over but they're going all in on the offensive protection while banking the D is good enough. Bennett will be awesome, those two big targets will be hell to stop.

I don't see the Jet's having another surprise year, I could be wrong but if the Pat's protect Brady they should still own the division. It will be fun watching D's trying to cover Gronk and Bennett while opening up the run or a deep ball.

They'll pick up a DE in the 2nd round.

I am really excited to watch those two on the field together, I know Bennett had a down year but he caught 90 balls from Jay Culter, so I have to think he can put up decent numbers with Brady in shotgun and Gronk on the other side.

But I agree 100% protecting Brady is #1, if they could've done that last year, it might have made the difference.