The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by dmbrocker »

And now it looks like Roethlisberger broke his knee against the Dolphins, too:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/repor ... 50054.html
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

UtahRatt wrote:Got to go with Machado on this one. The head office is just blowing smoke, when ROMO is healthy the truth will come out.

The staff will keep their Money QB happy and limit the drama by saying ROMO is the starter when healthy. No one has a clue when ROMO will be ready and the staff can use it as an excuse. Saying ROMO is their QB should limit the press from asking the question at every conference and limit the controversy. The fucking Media wont shut the hell up, give it a fucking rest. I'm tired of hearing Dank this Dank that...He get's more airtime then the league leading Ezekiel and the truck sized holes he runs through.
Ezekiel is averaging over 109yds a game, Murray in 2nd at 92yds a game....And all they talk about is Dank.

Dank's played a handful of games, it's not like he's on fire.
ROMO when healthy can make things happen and throw TD's. Dank has a long way to go, he's doing well but lets face it, he's benefiting from a great line and a top running game. He's thrown less TD's then Blaine Gabbert, 1 more than Brady and the same amount as Case Keenum and Jimmy Garoppolo.

Put Dank in Cleveland or behind Indy's or Miami's O-line and how well do you think he'd be doing?

Luck has been sacked 20 times and still thrown 10tds and 3ints.

Ryan Tannehill on the other hand, sacked 17 times, 6tds 7ints.....I think the Tannerhill experiment is coming to a finish. I see a back up career coming soon.
I guess we will see when Romo is actually healthy. Jerry Jones isn't exactly the best GM in football, I think he thinks that Romo is his quarterback.
But who knows, while his numbers aren't big, but he's only 6 games into his career; I still think sitting him while he is winning is a bad idea.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Pierce Foreskin

dmbrocker wrote:Apparently the Falcons lost today on a pass interference non-call by some shady refs. Lame?
refs are just as bad this year as they were last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.
horrible non-call, they say they don't want to throw a flag that might change the outcome of a game, in this case not throwing it accomplished the same thing.
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

How about them Cowboys? OK NFL fanatics, give me all the excuses why Dallas defeated GB, on the road yesterday? Line up the excuses. C'mon, you have to
have some good ones lined up and ready.

Dak and the ground game strolled into GB and tossed those packers around like they were rag dolls. Dak finally threw a pick. C'mon, you knew he could not
go the entire season without throwing at least 1. He needs to set his feet because that pass should have been completed, but he got lazy and ended up with the INT.
Can someone defend Beasley? WOW! He runs the best routes and he left that DB standing on the goal line, wondering where the play was going.
The rookie RB only did was he has been doing all season. Running the ball hard and getting those yards.
Very impressive road win. Dak was not overwhelmed with this road game. He handled the game like a cool veteran.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

dmbrocker wrote:And now it looks like Roethlisberger broke his knee against the Dolphins, too:

Patriots may have lucked out for next week.
Too bad, really wanted to see how they matched up against Pitt with both teams reasonably healthy.

As much as I think there is something wrong with Rodgers, the Cowboys beat the Pack pretty handily on their home field.
Color me impressed.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Memo to Cam Newton
How did that loss taste? The clown once again was up to his child like antics during the post game presser.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

A: The only explanation for the Dal-GB game is that the Cowboys pulled an old fashioned woodshed session on Green Bay. Would have been better for me had the Packers won, but it will be nice to see the bandwagon empty a little.

B: I like Cam Newton, but as I was staring at him in that get up yesterday, I kept waiting for him to bust out an acoustic and start Crossroads. Maybe that's where he was headed after the press conference .
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Einstein Lawless wrote:A: The only explanation for the Dal-GB game is that the Cowboys pulled an old fashioned woodshed session on Green Bay. Would have been better for me had the Packers won, but it will be nice to see the bandwagon empty a little.

B: I like Cam Newton, but as I was staring at him in that get up yesterday, I kept waiting for him to bust out an acoustic and start Crossroads. Maybe that's where he was headed after the press conference .
speaking of Cam, Deion Sanders made fun of his outfit. Deion said that Cam had "the winning outfit" package for the post game yesterday and looked like a fool
with that get up since the team lost. Deion said you have to pack a losing outfit as well because that is what he did back in the day. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the Dallas game, was nice to hear the Packers fan and the boo birds during the game. Dallas whipped that ass yesterday and there are no excuses
that can change that.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:I guess we will see when Romo is actually healthy. Jerry Jones isn't exactly the best GM in football, I think he thinks that Romo is his quarterback.
But who knows, while his numbers aren't big, but he's only 6 games into his career; I still think sitting him while he is winning is a bad idea.
I think you're right on all accounts. Jones isn't a good GM, Romo is his balls boy, we'll find out when he's healthy and taking Dank out wouldn't be the best idea.
There was a time players didn't lose their starting job due to injuries, for what Romo has done in Dallas if he gets the OK from the doctors and wants to play they'll put him in. I'm sure Jones will try to keep them both happy till the end of the season then try to get Romo to retire or settle his contract.

It's not like Romo is going to be a drop off from Dank, for the last decade he's been the poster on machado's wall now he's dirt? That's what's funny is watching the Cowboy fans who've sucked Romo's cock for over a decade and made excuses for his choking ability and short comings all of a sudden want to toss him in the scrap pile for a 6 game rookie who's benefiting from a great line, a running game and a better D.

Dallas fans went from "Please god Romo's the best get him back soon, the season is over without him!" to "Please god don't let them take out Dank, Romo isn't as good and is expendable!"

Shit cracks me up.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:How about them Cowboys? OK NFL fanatics, give me all the excuses why Dallas defeated GB, on the road yesterday? Line up the excuses. C'mon, you have to
have some good ones lined up and ready.
Because the Packers and Cincy suck right now? Cleveland has scored more points then Cincy and as much as Greenbay for fuck sake.

Maybe it's because Dallas was able to RUN the ball, control the clock and do what they did to Cincy! Wait, they didn't control the clock vs Cincy or GreenBay. 4 Packer Turn Overs, 3 in the second half killing drives and holding them to FG's don't help.
The Packers haven't won a game over 7 points. Barely beat the Jags, Giants and Lions.
Rodgers is struggling and hands down out of sync, their offense is stagnant, 25th in passing.

Dallas is NSYNC, haven't played anyone and who they have played they're steamrolled. Da Bears, The 49ers? Now Cincy and Greenbay, both teams with issues. Cincy got rolled today again.

Your idea....Keep the ball out of Rodgers hands? Rodgers threw it 42 times, 1 for 4 in the redzone and overthrew a wide open WR for a TD! Greenbay and Rodgers isn't the same team. Rodgers is pulling a Matthew Stafford.

Line up to hear your excuses for skipping this quote. :lol:
Machado wrote:next game at GB will be very, very difficult. once again Dallas has to run the ball, control the clock and try to do to GB what
they just did to Cincy. the less Rodgers has the ball, the better.
Come again? Control the clock? Keep the ball away like they did with Cincy? They didn't vs Cincy or Rodgers :lol:

Dallas D is giving up yards but stingy with points, they're + in T/O margin and mainly pounding the ball.....Including they're schedule. A lot of teams are average right now, Dallas is playing above average.

Control the clock? Stupid 101, stats don't tell the story or always win games. Dallas was 3 for 11 on 3rd Down....But still had 24 First Downs, same as the Packers.

-----------Back to what you said about Cincy, if we control the clock and keep the ball away from GB like we did with Cincy.

They didn't............

Time of Possession
Cincinnati Bengals - 32:17
Dallas Cowboys - 27:43

First Downs
Cincinnati Bengals - 27
Dallas Cowboys - 21

Total Plays
Cincinnati Bengals - 64
Dallas Cowboys - 54

Turnovers
Cincinnati Bengals - 0
Dallas Cowboys - 1

Passing - Dalton had 41 pass plays vs 19 runs.
A. Dalton 29/41 269 yds 2td's 0int
D. Prescott 18/24 227yds 1td 0int

Confucius say, get facts straight....Statistics, a picture it don't always paint.

Once again........If Dallas runs the balls, controls the clock, don't give up big plays, stops them on 3rd down, doesn't turn the ball over, don't get a lot of penalties, converts 3rd downs, extends drives, puts pressure on the QB, stops them from running and passing they should be able to beat Greenbay.

How about the team that scores the most points wins and they have a better chance if the team they play is struggling.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

5-1...

Cool.. Good Tuesday.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Utah,
You really should calm down before you shoot in your Jorts. Up until this most recent game
nobody knew that Rodgers is not his usual self or that he no competent receivers to throw to.

Despite all that don't even start to tell me or anybody else that Dallas has not played anything.
With a rookie QB and rookie RB leading the way, you cannot discount how impressive each
has played or how responsible each is to the success of Dallas this season
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Up until this most recent game
nobody knew that Rodgers is not his usual self.
So now you fucking know...Derp. It makes sense, you're nobody and now you get it.

The Packers have been out of sync since fighting off the Jag's in game 1. Rodgers didn't break 200yds vs the Jags and hasn't broken 300yds this season, the offensive has been ranked from the middle to the bottom since the start with the 49er's scoring more points..........At least Nobody gets it now.

Several teams have rookie QB's and/or RB's.

What's the big deal with Rookie RB's? If you knew anything about football you'd know rookie RB's are one of the easiest positions to transition, they're plug n play. The gaps and holes are all the same, that's why you never see Rookie RB's get drafted and sit on the bench learning the offense, unless they got beat out in camp they start.

Roll back a few pages when you and the cowboy fans thought it was over and I said Dallas still has a team and a shot at the weak Division that's always up for grabs. I figured they'd be a good team but not this good. Sure they have an easy schedule but you still have to win the games and that's what Dallas has been doing. Winning.....VS weak teams. A comeback win by 7 points vs the Niners!

Have you taken down your Romo poster and put up Dak's with a pair of your panties hanging off the pin tack?

Nobody...........
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Facedown wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:And now it looks like Roethlisberger broke his knee against the Dolphins, too:

Patriots may have lucked out for next week.
Too bad, really wanted to see how they matched up against Pitt with both teams reasonably healthy.

As much as I think there is something wrong with Rodgers, the Cowboys beat the Pack pretty handily on their home field.
Color me impressed.
Was he riding a Vespa to the locker room?

That sucks actually, I picked Pittsburgh to go to the SB, Pitt or the Pat's. Maybe that can make a trade for ROMO!
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

I really don't give a fuck if the whole Packers offense was injured and they threw in a bunch of Machados to play.

Dallas still won, That is all I care about.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:I really don't give a fuck if the whole Packers offense was injured and they threw in a bunch of Machados to play.

Dallas still won, That is all I care about.
Utah has an excuse for everything. I bet if given the chance, he would say the Pats only won because the Bengals
defense only had 11 players on the field :lol: :lol:

You play who is on the schedule and you play against who takes the field. I don't care if Rodgers sucked or didn't have
a legit Lacy to run the ball. Hey, I prefer to play the very best and their very best. I wish Dallas had the Pats on the schedule
this week instead of a bye. That would be a great game and a way to find out just how good both teams are.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

According to a league source, Burfict was fined $75,000 by the NFL for his actions in Sunday's game against the Patriots and has appealed.

About time the leagued acted on his behavior over the weekend. If only the league would have suspended him at least 4 games.
The hit to the knees and stomping on a player is absurd.
Pierce Foreskin

UtahRatt wrote:
Pierce Foreskin wrote:I guess we will see when Romo is actually healthy. Jerry Jones isn't exactly the best GM in football, I think he thinks that Romo is his quarterback.
I think you're right on all accounts. Jones isn't a good GM, Romo is his balls boy, we'll find out when he's healthy and taking Dank out wouldn't be the best idea.
There was a time players didn't lose their starting job due to injuries, for what Romo has done in Dallas if he gets the OK from the doctors and wants to play they'll put him in. I'm sure Jones will try to keep them both happy till the end of the season then try to get Romo to retire or settle his contract.

It's not like Romo is going to be a drop off from Dank, for the last decade he's been the poster on machado's wall now he's dirt? That's what's funny is watching the Cowboy fans who've sucked Romo's cock for over a decade and made excuses for his choking ability and short comings all of a sudden want to toss him in the scrap pile for a 6 game rookie who's benefiting from a great line, a running game and a better D.

Dallas fans went from "Please god Romo's the best get him back soon, the season is over without him!" to "Please god don't let them take out Dank, Romo isn't as good and is expendable!"

Shit cracks me up.
Yeah I enjoy watching the backpedaling Cowboy fans have been doing since Romo went down.
I agree, too, starters, especially established starters didn't use to lose their jobs to injury.
But Bledsoe did; and with good reason. Now even though Dak broke Brady's most passes to start a career wihtout a pick, I don't think Dak is going to end up being Bradyesque,
but you have to think he gives the Boys a better chance to win. Romo has a habit of throwing up on his shoes from time to time.
Guess we'll all find out together heh heh
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

I have been on here for a couple of years bitchin about how the Cowboys front office has been stupid not to find Romo's replacement and start grooming. Not sure if Dak is the answer, but, it is better than watching the QB play of last year.. Hhahaah....

Even when Romo is healthy, IMO, he rides the pine. I don't think The coaches (Jones) should fuck with whatever vibe the team has going right now.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:I have been on here for a couple of years bitchin about how the Cowboys front office has been stupid not to find Romo's replacement and start grooming. Not sure if Dak is the answer, but, it is better than watching the QB play of last year.. Hhahaah....

Even when Romo is healthy, IMO, he rides the pine. I don't think The coaches (Jones) should fuck with whatever vibe the team has going right now.
i have to agree with you. Dak has proven that he is more than capable of being the starter and playing consistently well.
Tony should be the back up and if/when Dak does not play well or gets injured, insert Romo into the line up and maybe
he can lead the team to more victories. As great as Dak has been playing I'm sorry but you cannot remove him from the starting QB spot.
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

I seriously hope the Browns go 0-16
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

I seriously hope the Browns go 0-16
Pierce Foreskin

Rainbow Bright wrote:I seriously hope the Browns go 0-16
You very well could get your wish.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:
Rainbow Bright wrote:I seriously hope the Browns go 0-16
You very well could get your wish.
I honestly have no clue what they're trying to do in Cleveland but I'd swear Rachel Phelps is running the team.
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

I know right?

Nine games left. Only the Jets and Chargers stand in their way of a perfect season.
Pierce Foreskin

Can anyone make a field goal this year?
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

The quality of play is hideous this year.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Utah has an excuse for everything. I bet if given the chance, he would say the Pats only won because the Bengals
defense only had 11 players on the field :lol: :lol:

You play who is on the schedule and you play against who takes the field. I don't care if Rodgers sucked or didn't have
a legit Lacy to run the ball. Hey, I prefer to play the very best and their very best. I wish Dallas had the Pats on the schedule
this week instead of a bye. That would be a great game and a way to find out just how good both teams are.
You're the moron who posted the season schedule the day it was released yacking about 1st and last place schedules and had no clue what it really effected.....Now all of a sudden an easy schedule doesn't mean shit? Get the fuck outta here, you was drilled into the ground for 4 pages now it's no big deal...Because Dallas is winning. Talk about hypocritical short term memory loss.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Regarding that ARZ/SEA game last night and the blocked FG by Bobby Wagner, looks like a legal play to me.
Credit the player for making the clear leap and blocking the kick. Blame the ARZ special teams for allowing the player
to leap and not land on the snapper.
Why is the ARZ coach whining about a non call? Arians should be looking at his kicker who missed the game winning FG
in OT.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:The quality of play is hideous this year.

Without going into a stupid debate about full time Ref's.....We've been there folks....I'm eyeing one poster.

There has been some ugly games, I've been reading the scouting report for the Reffing crews and IMO the Ref's without a doubt are adding to it. There's been some sloppy ball but with the ever changing rule book and some shit Ref crews it makes for an ugly game. Throws off timing, delays, momentum and on and on......Flags get frustrating on and off the field.

Take this week, I only watched the Raiders vs Jag's and the Ref reports were dead on. There was so many penalties they circled Jeff Triplette on the screen and mentioned his crew and all the "stupid" flags they throw.....It got sloppy and the Ref's dictate a lot of it, they have the control to let them play and/or stop it from getting out of hand. More flags that fly the uglier it gets, there's a line in the sand but anyway.

Sports books use Ref scouting reports to adjust games so as a test I took the game I watched and the Box from the Skins vs Lions. Both reports were on target.

-------------------------This article makes some good points about the sloppy games, the ref's and what to expect..........

Scouting the NFL's Week 7 officiating crews
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... ting-crews

Oakland Raiders at Jacksonville Jaguars
Referee: Jeff Triplette

Average penalties/game: 17 | NFL rank: No. 8
Scouting report: Here is a quirk that you might not have considered to be variable: Triplette's crew has called an NFL-high 33 pre-snap movement penalties: False starts, encroachment, offside or neutral zone infractions. You would think that this would be solely on the teams -- you either move or you don't. But when you look at the numbers, it's reasonable to think that some crews see it differently than others. There are four crews that have called fewer than 50 percent of Triplette's total. In other words, Triplette's crew has been twice as likely to call pre-snap movement as multiple others. Assignments matter.

The end result: Raiders vs Jaguars
Penalties: Raiders 11-117 Jaguars 13-112 + 2 players ejected

I think the game set the combined season record but they nailed the infractions. It was ugly, the end was sloppy as fuck.

----------------------------------------Didn't watch this game, compared it to the box........

Washington Redskins at Detroit Lions
Referee: Walt Coleman

Average penalties/game: 12.2 | NFL rank: No. 17

Scouting report: To date, Coleman's crew has been the least likely to throw a flag in the NFL.
Its average penalties per game is some 70 percent lower than the most active crews, and the disparity is particularly noticeable in offensive holding -- where its 10 penalties are the league's second-lowest total. That's less than a third of what the most frequent crews have called. Coleman also has given defensive backs room to work, having called just 13 penalties for defensive holding, illegal contact and defensive pass interference. That's also the second-lowest in the league.

End results: Redskins vs Lions
Penalties: Redskins 4-20 Lions 4-30

8 flags total for these two teams? I'd expect this match up to get a bit ugly. I'm guessing the game time was a lot faster then the Raiders vs Jag's with 24.

Maybe it's me, there's a lot of shit to average ugly games but the stupid flags on petty calls then add in replaying everything from the spot of the ball to every score is a problem.