The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

dmbrocker wrote:Time for Eli to join his brother in retirement land?
If you mean Denver, then yes.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:Time for Eli to join his brother in retirement land?
If you mean Denver, then yes.
I meant it might be about time for Eli to retire, but you probably knew that.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Eli has a couple of years left, if he wants to play. Put him in Denver or Jacksonville, and they're immediate contenders.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:Eli has a couple of years left, if he wants to play. Put him in Denver or Jacksonville, and they're immediate contenders.
Maybe. How so exactly?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

How so? Denver's defense is so good, they won the Super Bowl with a stiff-necked qb who couldn't throw the ball 20 yards downfield. Put Eli on a team with Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas, a halfway decent rb, and that defense, and they could win it again.

Jacksonville is a decent team whose main weakness is Blake Bortles. If they're a 9-win team with Bortles, they're an 11-win team with Eli.

Eli has seen better days, but unlike Peyton, he hasn't become a shell of himself.

True story - earlier today. my annoying Pats-fan stepson was giddily celebrating the demise of Eli. I asked him, "What if he ends up on the Broncos next year?"

He stopped laughing.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:How so? Denver's defense is so good, they won the Super Bowl with a stiff-necked qb who couldn't throw the ball 20 yards downfield. Put Eli on a team with Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas, a halfway decent rb, and that defense, and they could win it again.

Jacksonville is a decent team whose main weakness is Blake Bortles. If they're a 9-win team with Bortles, they're an 11-win team with Eli.

Eli has seen better days, but unlike Peyton, he hasn't become a shell of himself.

True story - earlier today. my annoying Pats-fan stepson was giddily celebrating the demise of Eli. I asked him, "What if he ends up on the Broncos next year?"

He stopped laughing.
Hmmm, good point. Fingers crossed he'll get the trade soon!
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Tymaster wrote:"We're benching Eli Manning for Geno Smith." :D :mrgreen: :lol:
I had to Google this myself thinking no way in hell would this be true.

It’s like Buffalo saying we made the number one stupidest QB change mid-season and the Giants said oh yeah hold my beer. :roll:
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

For several years now when I’ve started Christmas shopping I always treated myself to something nice too to help me deal with shopping which I’m not the biggest fan of especially shopping for others. :lol:

I’m doing alright for myself right now and I might have gone overboard this year what do you guys think.

I purchased a pair of house shoes.

But wait that’s not all my friends I also bought both a Terry Bradshaw and Mean Joe Greene officially licensed 1976 replica jerseys.

Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Eli is the most overrated 2 time champion ever.
Take away the 2 runs and his record is 110-104.
Peyton is number 2 but at least he was really good....most of the time.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Facedown wrote:Eli is the most overrated 2 time champion ever.
Take away the 2 runs and his record is 110-104.
Peyton is number 2 but at least he was really good....most of the time.
Agreed. But benching him for Geno Smith? I didn't know he was still in the league until yesterday. Eli will land in Jacksonville with Coughlin.

Mcadoo won't have a job next year. This whole thing is fucking stupid.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

There's no way McAdoo made this call. Unless he's trying to do a Costanza.

Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Florio thinks Eli is a HOFer.
:lol:
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Facedown wrote:Florio thinks Eli is a HOFer.
I think he is eventually.

Cowboys will win tonight 24-20 over Fuck Cousins. They will score on the first drive, and get either a defensive or special teams score. They benched that do nothing Brown on defense so I'm happy.
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

I think he'll get in too but I don't think he's done enough to earn it.
Barely .500 gets you in?
50,000 yards isn't what used to be.
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

Artemis2085 wrote:

Cowboys will win tonight 24-20 over Fuck Cousins. They will score on the first drive, and get either a defensive or special teams score. They benched that do nothing Brown on defense so I'm happy.
You made a total of 4 predictions, only got half of them right, and you still come out smelling like a rose... color me impressed.

They definitely beat the Skins like they owed them money, but with 20 odd swinging dicks on IR, our 23rd different O Line combo, Prime Time National Audience, and the return of the cursed All Burgundy unis (forever linked to the "Swinging Gate"), I never felt good about this one going in.

This one is going to sting for awhile :(
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Einstein Lawless wrote:
Artemis2085 wrote:

You made a total of 4 predictions, only got half of them right, and you still come out smelling like a rose... color me impressed.

They definitely beat the Skins like they owed them money, but with 20 odd swinging dicks on IR, our 23rd different O Line combo, Prime Time National Audience, and the return of the cursed All Burgundy unis (forever linked to the "Swinging Gate"), I never felt good about this one going in.

This one is going to sting for awhile :(
I honestly expected more out of the Skins (based on score predicts). Cousins had 2 really impressive drives, and somehow remembers his name after that hit Lionel Collins put on him.

Cowboys are still in it. 10 days off, Dak & Sean Lee will be healed, Geneo Smith QB Giants. 7-6. Zeke returns for a huge one against a dysfunctional Raider team. 8-6. Seahawks I like our chances, but they'll be the Grinch on 12/24, 8-7. Eagles will rest their starters, 9-7. Still no out of it due to divisional record.
Professional Hater
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

9-7 won't make the playoffs in the NFC. In the AFC, maybe the #3 seed.
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Garbage Chiefs. :x
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

Is Pete Carroll wincing??
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Well, that was an unsurprising loss for the Panthers.

As much as everyone is talking about the Eagles & Vikings, don't sleep on the Saints. They finally have a running game and defense. They'll be a tough out in the playoffs.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

WTF Gronk?
Take whatever suspension you get (and deserve) and grow up a little.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Artemis2085 wrote:
I honestly expected more out of the Skins (based on score predicts). Cousins had 2 really impressive drives, and somehow remembers his name after that hit Lionel Collins put on him.

Cowboys are still in it. 10 days off, Dak & Sean Lee will be healed, Geneo Smith QB Giants. 7-6. Zeke returns for a huge one against a dysfunctional Raider team. 8-6. Seahawks I like our chances, but they'll be the Grinch on 12/24, 8-7. Eagles will rest their starters, 9-7. Still no out of it due to divisional record.
Collins plays RT. Irving lit up Cousins , almost injuring D-Law in the process. LOL..

I to believed that the game would've been closer. Usually are with these two teams. Glad it wasn't. Glad Dallas won.

If this Dallas team is even close to doing damage in the "playoffs", or, just being a good team this season (which, I don't believe, I think they are average), But, if they do start to do something. Then, they should walk right through the Giants this coming Sunday.
Pierce Foreskin

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:How so? Denver's defense is so good, they won the Super Bowl with a stiff-necked qb who couldn't throw the ball 20 yards downfield. Put Eli on a team with Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas, a halfway decent rb, and that defense, and they could win it again.
Yeah. But, their defense isn't what it was, even a year ago. I mean on paper it looks the same, but they are not playing lights out this year. Sorry. Not buying this one.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

McAdoo and Reese are both out. Giants are really cleaning house today...
Pierce Foreskin

dmbrocker wrote:McAdoo and Reese are both out. Giants are really cleaning house today...
All this does for me is confirm that ownership has no respect for a QB that brought them two superbowl wins. If ownership knew it was going to fire the GM and head coach they should have just let Eli play out the string and let him leave with some dignity.
As a life-long Pats fan, this was a garbage way to treat a franchise QB.
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Pierce Foreskin

Pierce Foreskin wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:McAdoo and Reese are both out. Giants are really cleaning house today...
All this does for me is confirm that ownership has no respect for a QB that brought them two superbowl wins. If ownership knew it was going to fire the GM and head coach they should have just let Eli play out the string and let him leave with some dignity.
And now Eli will be starting again. What a cluster fuck.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:
Pierce Foreskin wrote:
And now Eli will be starting again. What a cluster fuck.
Just goes to show how that whole office is dysfunction junction. Eli's going to be playing with a bee in his bonnet, so I actually expect a competitive game. Plus the Cowboys are simply not a cold weather team.
Professional Hater
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Browns fire GM Sashi Brown, retain HC Hue Jackson (for now) and hire John Dorsey as GM.
Rumors are still floating out there that this was only part one. Part two, Peyton Manning as President. Haslam has supposedly offered him the Team President position and possibly a small slice of ownership. I have my doubts about that and I hate that piece of shit, but whatever it takes to get the Browns win. Can't even believe Haslam said yesterday Huge Jackass will be back next year even with it looking like he will "lead" the Browns to 0-16 this season. Currently, Hue is 1-27 with the Browns, worst stretch in NFL history.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

bigbuttskinner wrote:
DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Browns fire GM Sashi Brown, retain HC Hue Jackson (for now) and hire John Dorsey as GM.
Rumors are still floating out there that this was only part one. Part two, Peyton Manning as President. Haslam has supposedly offered him the Team President position and possibly a small slice of ownership. I have my doubts about that and I hate that piece of shit, but whatever it takes to get the Browns win. Can't even believe Haslam said yesterday Huge Jackass will be back next year even with it looking like he will "lead" the Browns to 0-16 this season. Currently, Hue is 1-27 with the Browns, worst stretch in NFL history.
That sounds interesting and you could already say it can’t be any worse than what they’ve already done since the franchise was brought back.

This upcoming offseason they have a lot of good picks and plenty of money to work with.

I’m a Steelers man myself so I automatically don’t want them to be competitive since they’re in the same division.

Having said that the poor fans don’t deserve the shit sandwich they’ve been serving up since they’ve come back into the league.

I’ve always admired the dog pound fans stuff it’s like the Fans in Green Bay and the Lambeau leap it’s a fun part of the game and those dogs are die-hards.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

eddie lee roth wrote: This upcoming offseason they have a lot of good picks and plenty of money to work with.
Good picks don't mean anything when you have a scouting dept. that thought Wentz & Goff weren't first rounders.