The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

The NFL Thread

Post by Crazy Levi »

Gotta get it started with this....
poizond13 wrote: Peyton will not be released, ever. He'll finish his career as a Colt. When he returns, it will be as a Colt. Colts management have already stated that numerous times. If you believe anything other than that, you're an idiot.
:lol:

Psyche...that would be cruel...actually I'll start it with this:

Mario Williams is a beast but these are the kind of deals that destroy teams.

Reminds me of Haynesworth.

You just can't put that many eggs in one basket in the salary cap era. The "big signing" is counterproductive now.
Last edited by Crazy Levi on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:04 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Crazy Levi

Re: NFL 2012 Thread

Post by Crazy Levi »

Redskins sign Brandon Merriweather, safety.

Don't really know anything about him. Anyone?

2 years, $6 mil, with less than $2 million guaranteed is what I'm hearing, which sounds cheap.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Former Patriot that was released prior to last season. Got better each of his first three seasons but tailed off quickly and had authority issues. Forget who he played for last year.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:

You just can't put that many eggs in one basket in the salary cap era. The "big signing" is counterproductive now.
Project his career average over the length of that contract and he's getting close to 2 million per sack, with a million per sack guaranteed :shock: . That's a ton o' money for a defensive end.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Facedown wrote:Former Patriot that was released prior to last season. Got better each of his first three seasons but tailed off quickly and had authority issues. Forget who he played for last year.
Was with the Bears last year. Maybe Frink can stop by.

Pro bowl 2009/2010 though I know that doesn't count for much. The Skins secondary has been pretty awful for a couple years though so it won't take much to improve it.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

bane wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:

Project his career average over the length of that contract and he's getting close to 2 million per sack, with a million per sack guaranteed :shock: . That's a ton o' money for a defensive end.
Like someone else said, contracts like this can destroy a team and also mess with the fans.
Overpaying for this guy is just wrong.
That sort of money would be reserved for Reggie White or Deacon Jones.
bane

Post by bane »

Machado wrote:
That sort of money would be reserved for Reggie White or Deacon Jones.
Obviously, Buffalo is projecting Williams to be a Reggie White or Deacon Jones type player. He's capable of being that good. He just may not be willing to work that hard, especially now that he's got his huge contract.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Facedown wrote:Former Patriot that was released prior to last season. Got better each of his first three seasons but tailed off quickly and had authority issues. Forget who he played for last year.
DUde showed promise in his snd and 3rd year but proved to be boneheaded in almost every conceivable way. He can hit pretty hard and does a decent job on special teams, but a real bonehead. Even before his helmet to helmet stupidity with the Pats:

Shooting incident

On July 21, 2006 Meriweather was involved in a shooting incident when teammate Willie Cooper was shot in the buttocks. In self defense, Meriweather returned fire and shot at the unidentified shooters three times. Meriweather was not charged with a crime because his gun was owned legally.[3]
[edit] Miami-FIU Brawl

During the Miami-FIU brawl on October 14, 2006, Meriweather was seen stomping multiple times on several Florida International players on the ground. Meriweather was ultimately suspended by the ACC and Miami for his role in the incident.[4] It is believed that his actions during the brawl and the shooting incident may have caused his draft stock to slip
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Mario Williams is a poor man's Julius Peppers. Who's getting paid like a rich man's Julius Peppers. :|
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:Mario Williams is a poor man's Julius Peppers. Who's getting paid like a rich man's Julius Peppers. :|
The Bills fuckin suck.

This may sell some tickets -which is a huge deal for a team teetering on the edge of the abyss - but they are still gonna suck. Long-term this does little for them.

They should bring in Haynesworth also, he's a free agent I believe.
bane

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:
They should bring in Haynesworth also, he's a free agent I believe.
Easy now. Williams may not be Bruce Smith, but Haynesworth absolutely sucks these days. The Bills D-line should be something to reckon with. They'll still suck, but Brady, Sanchez and potentially Manning won't be all that thrilled about playing them.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Eddie Royal is a fucking CHARGER. He's dead to me.

:? :evil: :(
Fuck sigs.
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

How did the Chiefs do with Peyton Hillis? Is he any good? I don't pay attention to the Browns, ever.
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Hoping Kevin Kolb...Oh wait I mean Matt Flynn signs with Seattle! And of course does Manning sign with the Titans and Matt Hasselbeck signs with Cleveland and reunite with Mike Holmgren. Or does he sign with Denver and Miami signs Tebow.
scarred but smarter
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

The road to the super bowl starts.....well actually the super bowl is here already this year, no road necessary. 8)
"FUN'S OVER."
bane

Post by bane »

milk-milk-lemonade wrote:How did the Chiefs do with Peyton Hillis? Is he any good? I don't pay attention to the Browns, ever.
He was really good 2 years ago. He didn't play much last year.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Any Browns fans here? Is Hillis a crybaby?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Report - Cards will pay Kevin Kolb his $7 million bonus-

They are officially out of the Manning sweepstakes.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... lion-bonus
Last edited by Crazy Levi on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Jets sign Drew Stanton. Hooray!
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Well P13...I guess it's only 85 percent of the "football world" who thinks the skins were fleeced on garçon :-)

"I like the garçon signing - who wouldn't?"

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Robe ... -DC-031312

The rest of the article isn't exactly as complementary...
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Tommy wrote:Jets sign Drew Stanton. Hooray!
I really hate to see Stanton leave Detroit, but he deserves his chance to start! If Sanchez is as bad as alot of people make him out to be then Stanton is easily your new QB.
scarred but smarter
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

sin wrote:
I really hate to see Stanton leave Detroit, but he deserves his chance to start! If Sanchez is as bad as alot of people make him out to be then Stanton is easily your new QB.

I looked at his numbers and they aren't terrible. Maybe it will work out. Brady Quinn visited the Jets too.

Was kinda hoping for Henne. I really believe Sanchez has naked photos of Rex and Tannenbaum. That can be the only reason they are not only sticking with him, but gave him an extension.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

The media really made it seem like things were worse than they were with Hillis last year. There were injury problems, yes, but much of everything else got blown out of proportion. He's a good guy and a hard runner. Too bad the Browns couldn't find a way to keep him.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

WTF wrote:Any Browns fans here? Is Hillis a crybaby?
I don't think he's a crybaby, the situation just kind of deteriorated for him. If he stays healthy the guy is really good (especially if he makes it through the line into the secondary) but his style means he's always going to get dinged.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Patriots have signed WR Anthony Gonzalez
DE Trevor Scott
S Steve Gregory
DL Jonathan Fanene
DT Marcus Harrison
and are close to signing Brandon Lloyd.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Tommy wrote:
sin wrote:

I looked at his numbers and they aren't terrible. Maybe it will work out. Brady Quinn visited the Jets too.

Was kinda hoping for Henne. I really believe Sanchez has naked photos of Rex and Tannenbaum. That can be the only reason they are not only sticking with him, but gave him an extension.
Ehh, I'm terrible about predicting QB's btw. I loved Charlie Whitehurst and Kevin Kolb too. I'm currently hoping Matt Flynn signs with Seattle, but then Flynn has to be better than TJax
scarred but smarter
noam_bombsky
Forming a Band

Post by noam_bombsky »

I guess the safe money's on Peyton Manning going to the Titans, but it'd be pretty sweet if the niners ended up with him. They've got all their starters on defense returning, and signed Randy Moss. Offensive issues (mainly lack of a passing game) kept them out of the Super Bowl last year, so at the very least, it's good to see the team trying to fix their weak spots in free agency. The 2012 NFL season is going to be an interesting ride for niners fans!
It's like granny always said: "Some turds float to the top; some turds sink to the bottom. In the end, they all get flushed."
bane

Post by bane »

Why is safe money on the Titans? Peyton is not going to be enough to make them a super bowl team. He makes them a competitor for the division. That's about it. The only team he'a talking to that is a veritable championship lock is San Fran. He could win a ring with them. He has a very outside shot at doing much of anything with any of the rest of his suitors. At this point I think he's gonna take the money, but his best chance at another ring is in Frisco
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Manningham to the 49ers!
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

49ers are stacked. If Manning wants a ring, he goes to San Fran. All he has to be is just 75% of the player he was and he'll be an upgrade over what they had.