The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by dmbrocker »

Saints just really blew that comeback, didn't they?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

eddie lee roth wrote:WTF is going on right now. I’m worried about my team this doesn’t look good at all.
Looked like typical Steelers football under Mike Dumblin. Bad coaching, and a defense that isn't as good as they brag about. Still can't believe how they were running their mouths about how they were going to beat the Patriots.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Please, please, give us a Vikings vs Jaguars Super Bowl. Or Eagles vs Jaguars. Just please Jacksonville, beat New England.
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

dmbrocker wrote:Saints just really blew that comeback, didn't they?
Crazy. It's so refreshing to have QBs named Keenum, Foles, and Bortles with a chance to go to the Super Bowl instead of Brees, Roethlisberger, and hopefully Brady. Tired of those fuckers. Enough already. They are all HOFers, legacies sewn up. Just fucking go away already.
Vettehead2006
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Vettehead2006 »

Peterbilt wrote:
Crazy. It's so refreshing to have QBs named Keenum, Foles, and Bortles with a chance to go to the Super Bowl instead of Brees, Roethlisberger, and hopefully Brady. Tired of those fuckers. Enough already. They are all HOFers, legacies sewn up. Just fucking go away already.
Agreeance. Its always a treat to see Rapistburger going home.
Vettehead2006
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Vettehead2006 »

eddie lee roth wrote:Divisional round picks: Falcons over Eagles, Patriots over Titans, Steelers over Jaguars and Saints over Vikings.

That New Orleans vs Minnesota game is the closest one where I’d almost want to say pick’em should be game of the weekend.

And yes hating on Cam Newton is quite easy.

I used to not have an opinion on him either way but the postgame SB press conference from a few years back sealed the deal for me his wardrobe helps out too.
Carnac the Magnificent.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Artemis2085 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

"I've seen it, and I still can't believe it."

I honestly thought the Saints were the team to beat in the NFC playoffs based on the fire they'd been playing with as of late, and me not being completely sold on the Vikings. Wow. Instant classic for sure.

Crazy weekend. The teams that were "supposed to win" (I.E. Rams, Steelers, Falcons, Saints) didn't , and it's made for the most interesting playoffs in a long time with great storylines.

Can Jacksonville go to Cheatsboro (who are in a bit of turmoil internally) and make some noise?
Are Minnesota truly legit? (It did take a miracle tonight after all)
Can Philadelphia pull it off despite sloppy offense play?

Going to be a batshit crazy Championship Sunday, and I for one, cannot wait.

:lol: @ "BlewDat"
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by exitflagger »

Ever since I was a kid in this part of the world you come to the knowledge early: To be a Saints fan is to be perpetually disappointed. You soak in the misery, sober up, wait for Mardi Gras. When you toss a girl a measly string of beads and she shows you her titties for them, all is forgotten, all is forgiven. 8)
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Loved seeing those fucks in shittsburgh lose yesterday. Too bad the Jags let them get back into it and didn't blow them away by 30. This is what the steelers are; this team is ran by emotion, there's no plan. Say whatever you want, act however. Totally undisciplined. Gentle Ben always makes those thinly veiled comments regarding Haley, AB & Bell are so self absorbed, Mitchell acting like a total ass, Pouncey shoving a referee! Fact is, the Patriots live inside shittsburghs head! That's what they're so concerned with and they got their ass whipped again. shittsburgh isn't even close to being on New England's level. Have fun at home, queers.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Crazy shit.
The only two reasons I was rooting for the Saints was their fans are classy and fuck the Vikings if they get to play the SB in their own stadium. Could have been two playoff games and the SB at home, thank God it 's not.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Thank you Jags.. Now, please, please, beat NE next week.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Facedown wrote:Crazy shit.
The only two reasons I was rooting for the Saints was their fans are classy.

I'm not sure about the fans, but the team and shitbag head coach are far from classy.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Blizzard of Cos

Post by Blizzard of Cos »

Bortles
Foles
Keenum
Brady

You know what's up in your heart of heart's.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Blizzard of Cos wrote:Bortles
Foles
Keenum
Brady

Jeff Fisher fucked up??
Blizzard of Cos

Post by Blizzard of Cos »

AliceManson wrote:
Blizzard of Cos wrote:Bortles
Foles
Keenum
Brady

Jeff Fisher fucked up??
Yes ☺
Pierce Foreskin

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Peterbilt wrote:Please, please, give us a Vikings vs Jaguars Super Bowl. Or Eagles vs Jaguars. Just please Jacksonville, beat New England.
Could you imagine? A superbowl where a Case Keeunum or a Nick Foles is a superbowl winner?
Move over Brad Johnson....
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

exitflagger wrote:Ever since I was a kid in this part of the world you come to the knowledge early: To be a Saints fan is to be perpetually disappointed. You soak in the misery, sober up, wait for Mardi Gras. When you toss a girl a measly string of beads and she shows you her titties for them, all is forgotten, all is forgiven. 8)
Glad You at least have that, The Dolphins have only won when I was a baby So I never got to experience a super bowl win as a fan, good seasons, Yeah plenty with Marino but always ended obviously in disappointment. Still pissed that Miami passed on Brees in 06' and went with Culpepper instead, granted Brees was better off in NO, He at least got a ring, that would never have happenewd had Miami signed him.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

dtmfs wrote:
exitflagger wrote:Ever since I was a kid in this part of the world you come to the knowledge early: To be a Saints fan is to be perpetually disappointed. You soak in the misery, sober up, wait for Mardi Gras. When you toss a girl a measly string of beads and she shows you her titties for them, all is forgotten, all is forgiven. 8)
Glad You at least have that, The Dolphins have only won when I was a baby So I never got to experience a super bowl win as a fan, good seasons, Yeah plenty with Marino but always ended obviously in disappointment. Still pissed that Miami passed on Brees in 06' and went with Culpepper instead, granted Brees was better off in NO, He at least got a ring, that would never have happenewd had Miami signed him.
Both you bastards have it way better than people like myself. I live in hell; I'm a Browns fans. Everyone can fuck off as far as comparing fan misery.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

bigbuttskinner wrote:
Both you bastards have it way better than people like myself. I live in hell; I'm a Browns fans. Everyone can fuck off as far as comparing fan misery.

Yeah the Browns are one of those teams that seem to fuck it up even with some young talent, it's like a tease when looking at their roster after the draft some years, dosen't help that quite a few college players come out and say "don't draft me", fuck that I hate when those Diva's pull that shit no matter what team has the pick be happy you're gonna be pro and get paid bitch, how about doing what alot of players have done, work on your game, be a leader and try and turn the franchise around, Would help if they hired a great coach, I do remember them having some damn good teams in the 80's and 90's til they moved to Baltimore, shit, you fans missed out on 2 titles.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Titans just hired Vrabel as their new head coach. Smart move?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Desslar

Post by Desslar »

dtmfs wrote:
Fins fan here. But I disagree. Miami had a good defense and running game when they had Ricky Williams several years. if you added Drew Brees and a decent coach on top of that they might have made a run at the Super Bowl, or at least come close.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Desslar wrote: Fins fan here. But I disagree. Miami had a good defense and running game when they had Ricky Williams several years. if you added Drew Brees and a decent coach on top of that they might have made a run at the Super Bowl, or at least come close.
Yeah I remember that D, problem was for the most part that D with Surtain, Madison, Taylor, Ogunleye and Thomas Were at their peak before Brees was available for them, I think Williams was gone in 06' wasn't He, They drafted Brown in 05 and Williams had to come back, Brees would've def helped them but I can't even remember who the recievers were, I know they had Welker and Drafted Ginn, and had a pretty good TE in McMichael.
Pierce Foreskin

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

dmbrocker wrote:Titans just hired Vrabel as their new head coach. Smart move?
Vrabel is probably gonna end up being a decent to good head coach. He is gonna need to get someone in there to help Marcus take the next step forward though.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

dtmfs wrote:
Desslar wrote: Fins fan here. But I disagree. Miami had a good defense and running game when they had Ricky Williams several years. if you added Drew Brees and a decent coach on top of that they might have made a run at the Super Bowl, or at least come close.
Yeah I remember that D, problem was for the most part that D with Surtain, Madison, Taylor, Ogunleye and Thomas Were at their peak before Brees was available for them, I think Williams was gone in 06' wasn't He, They drafted Brown in 05 and Williams had to come back, Brees would've def helped them but I can't even remember who the recievers were, I know they had Welker and Drafted Ginn, and had a pretty good TE in McMichael.
And Nick Saban was head coach. He may have stuck around if the Dolphins had got Brees and not Culpepper.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Holy smokes this Jags offence is shite. The quality in the NFL is poor.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Patriots dominance is unreal. They are back to back team of the decade at this point even if they lose the Super Bowl.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

AliceManson wrote:Patriots dominance is unreal. They are back to back team of the decade at this point even if they lose the Super Bowl.
Well, they kinda had some help from the refs as they've tended to do lately...
Rorysfan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Rorysfan »

AliceManson wrote:Patriots dominance is unreal. They are back to back team of the decade at this point even if they lose the Super Bowl.
Pats had ONE penalty the whole game. Makes it easy for Brady when your line never gets called for holding, no matter how obvious. Easy to play tight coverage when you never get called for pass interference. That's at least three games for them with just one flag. Tell me that's a coincidence. Notice the first person to congratulate Brady was an official.
Desslar

Post by Desslar »

dtmfs wrote:
You're probably right, I don't remember the exact timeline now. I just recall that for several years we had most of the elements to be a strong contender if only we had a good quarterback, but instead we got a long parade of chumps.

We've also been plagued with mediocre coaching and draft picks for a long time. Saban may be a god in college football, but he was a dud in the NFL. Gase is probably the best we've had since Johnson, although that isn't saying much.