The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by LAglamrocker »

hope his daughters married well
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

dmbrocker wrote:Sad news from Mark Gastineau, who announced he has Alzheimers, dementia, and Parkinson's:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/mark- ... 12470.html
The New York Sack Exchange, 60 years old.....Anyone watch his ESPN BIO?

A monster on and off the field.....glad I got to watch him play but it ends there. His off the field shit ruined all respect I had for the guy. Remember Gastineau Boxing attempt, the dives and Alonzo Highsmith giving him a thump?

Mark Gastineau vs Alonzo Highsmith
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=movtSx1mPYk

107½ quarterback sacks in his first 100 starts. Gastineau's sack record stood for seventeen years until Michael Strahan broke it in 2001.
--------------------

Abused his first wife Lisa. Had a son in 1989 with Red Sonja but Brigitte Nielsen ran from the alter because of the abuse. Spent 11 months at Rikers in 2000 for domestic violence and drug possession...From the locker room to his home life Gastineau sounded like a cross between Richie Incognito meets Joey Buttafuoco.

Out of Rikers is sounds like he found Jesus and turned himself around?

Gastineau believes his illnesses could be traced back to football....What he didn't bring up is all the drugs, boxing, horrible lifestyle and shit he did that would factor in. I wouldn't wish Alzheimers, dementia, and Parkinson's on anyone but beating up women and all the shit don't make me feel super sorry for him...It sucks, I dug the Sack Dance but it don't atone for his crimes.

LAglamrocker wrote:hope his daughters married well
Ya the Daughter was hot but the last I seen was pictures of her beat up a few years ago, not sure if they ever charged her BF or not.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Facedown wrote:Goodell is avoiding Gillette like it's a Ray Rice video.
What a pussy.
His deflate obsession is one of the weirdest campaigns I can remember. I wonder if Belichik banged his wife.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:
Machado wrote: a lot of experts predicted whomever had the ball last would win and that was a smart prediction.
That's usually how it works when the game is tied with a second left to play.
:lol:

Ya it was a real gun slinging back-AND-forth no defensive battle..........Dallas wasn't even in the game till the end of the 4th as the Pack drained out.

Here's a prediction. I bet tomorrows games the team who scores the most points wins!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Falcons will win, lots of hard work this week watching past Falcon games, WE are ready

Farve Jr always been a joke
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

I didn't look. What's the over in the NFC game. I'd figure with two of the worst defenses and two of the best QBs it had to be pushing 60.

$tevil
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Fudge Packers getting gang raped in Atlanta.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Absolute shite from this worthless Steelers team. Fuck off, Rapistburger.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

MickeyG wrote:Absolute shite from this worthless Steelers team. Fuck off, Rapistburger.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love what angry sports fans you guys are.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Mike Tomlin sure is a genius. How does this clown still have a job?
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

demolition23 wrote:
MickeyG wrote:Absolute shite from this worthless Steelers team. Fuck off, Rapistburger.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love what angry sports fans you guys are.
:D Hey I'm a Dolphins fan, years of shiteness while watching the loathed Patriots kick everyones ass is enough to send anyone over the edge, LOL. And remember, I live in Vermont and all I have around me are Patriots fans. It reminds me of being at school in the 80's being a United fan living on Merseyside while Liverpool won everything. To be fair though, the Patriot fans never really say anything, they aren't mouthy like Liverpool fans.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Thanks Atlanta..

Fuck off Packers and Steelers.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Facedown wrote:..Shove the trophy up his ass when he hands you number 5..
:mrgreen:
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

I haven't cared this little about a Super Bowl since Pats-Eagles.
Pierce Foreskin

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

AliceManson wrote:Mike Tomlin sure is a genius. How does this clown still have a job?
Because he only shows his soul to his players.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Pierce Foreskin

The early line is 3 to the Pats, I think this one is going to be a shoot out.
I am obviously going to go with the Pats winning 38 to 35.
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:The early line is 3 to the Pats, I think this one is going to be a shoot out.

much too early for a bet but my initial reaction is to lay the points.
that being said, i think the public will have no problem
taking the favorite here at only 3 points.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

The over-under at 57.5, the highest ever for a Super Bowl.....Right now I'm taking the UNDER.
Pat's at -3 is a solid if you like the Pat's. If they win I bet they'll cover easy but right now I'm leaning towards the Falcons and think Quinn just might be a good coach, have a plan and the team ready...To early to call, more of a biased opinion right now.

I digging this SB match up....Falcons! For once I like both teams, the Falcons my 2nd fav and mad respect for Brady, Belichick and what they've done.

As someone mentioned before the Championship games, can the Falcon's beat the Pat's? I don't know if Brady and the Pat's can be beat by just an offense but if anyone can score vs the Pat's and keep up with Brady it will be Ryan and Atlanta....That's whats makes this an interesting match to me. The Pat's have a D but they also didn't face an offense like the Falcons either.

The Pat's D, Brady and Belichick, 6 SB's VS a few guys who's been in a SB, eek. If anyone can come up with a plan vs Atlanta it's Belichick. I am willing to bet Atlanta wont get out played and coached as bad as the Steelers and Ryan wont be pulling a Chris Chandler either...I hope he don't toss an early butterfly INT then a late one trying to come back. He's gonna have to play a T/O free game.

I want the Falcons but if the Pat's win I have to watch Goody hand the trophy over and hoping for more then a smirk.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:I think this one is going to be a shoot out.
A). Why obviously
Secondly) way to go out on a shootout limb

I'm just hoping for a good game for once. These playoffs have sucked and a lot of coaches are going to lose their jobs.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Heard the Falcons owner has decided to take every single employee, 300 persons, to the SB.
Flight, hotel, food, etc.
Projections are the owner will have to pay $1M.
Good on him. That kind of money is nothing for a NFL owner.
Pierce Foreskin

johnk5150 wrote:
A). Why obviously

I'm just hoping for a good game for once. These playoffs have sucked and a lot of coaches are going to lose their jobs.
I've been a fan since 1979 when it was Steve Grogan (who led the league that year with 28 tds), Sam "bam" Cunningham and Stanley Morgan. Also one of the best linemen to ever play John Hannah.
I suffered through decades of losing seasons, and will suffer them again after TB12 hangs them up.
But right now I'm just hoping for one more, for Tom's thumb.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
A). Why obviously

I've been a fan since 1979 when it was Steve Grogan (who led the league that year with 28 tds), Sam "bam" Cunningham and Stanley Morgan. Also one of the best linemen to ever play John Hannah.
I suffered through decades of losing seasons, and will suffer them again after TB12 hangs them up.
It's why I quickly jumped on the UNDER.....

Sure this easily has the makings of a blow out but almost every time they call it a shoot out more times it's not. Remember the Pat's vs the Ram's Greatest show on Turf? Patriots beat the Rams 20–17.............

57.5 THE OVER for this SB just beat out the COLTS vs SAINTS 2009 at 56.9...Final - Saints 31, Colts 17 = 48

Six of the nine previous Super Bowls with an over/under of 50 or higher went under.

"57.5 is historically high and in recent years the Super Bowl has leaned under on huge totals. In the four Super Bowls since 2000 with a total above 50, it has hit under ever time. Three of those also featured the Patriots, and the other was the 2009 matchup of Indy and New Orleans."

---------------------

On the flip side a couple things what makes me think this SB could actually break the HIGH is the Falcons D or lack thereof.

Also the Pat's haven't faced anyone, they've beat a bunch of top D's but haven't faced a good Offense when a team was clicking like Seattle, they faces a couple teams on losing streaks that's had decent offensives but like Dallas, the Pat's actually ended up with a really weak schedule and in year in and out weak division...The Fish! So this is a test for New England but we know it's the Pat's and they'll be ready.

One things for sure, they haven't faced an offense like Ryan and Atlanta.

Historically as well all know, Defense wins championships. I don't think the Pat's D is fake, they dismantled the Steelers and IMO got out Coached but going back in time name them all.......Tampa the top ranked D destroyed the top ranked O of the Raiders, of course Chucky admittedly knew all their plays but through out history, D > O. Defense wins championships.

Anyway, this could be a shoot out, everyone is calling it as usual. I haven't fully decided but I don't think it will break the OVER unless it's more of a one sided Blow Out......With a contradiction side as I said before, it's what makes this SB match interesting to me...There are a number of factors that this could live up to the hype.

We can count on Brady but if Ryan shows up this could be a crazy game.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:I've been a fan since 1979 when it was Steve Grogan (who led the league that year with 28 tds), Sam "bam" Cunningham and Stanley Morgan. Also one of the best linemen to ever play John Hannah.
I've always rooted for the Pat's, they was underdogs forever and I so wanted them to beat the 85 Bears. I know more players from the 80's then I do today but the Pat's had good teams and always fell short in those growing up decades. They competed but just couldn't get over the top. Not sure if it was coaching or the owner but they had some good teams and made bad decisions.

One reason I liked New England is the Pat's and the Raiders traded a number of players back n forth who went on to kick ass in Oakland...How about Mike Haynes, what an awesome tandem he made with Lester Hayes. Jim Plunkett! Mark Van Eeghen!

I dug Steve Grogan and Stanley Morgan...
Hannah?
Irving FUCKING Fryar?
Mosi Tatupu
Tippett

It helped that I didn't like most of the teams in their division, I use to hate the Bills, not so much anymore. Wasn't a big NY fan but liked them more that the Giants. But it was also being an AFC fan when it came to SB. Back then or growing up you had teams you hated but liked players from other teams. The Pat's had a lot of players I liked in the late 70's into the 80's.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:The over-under at 57.5, the highest ever for a Super Bowl.....Right now I'm taking the UNDER.
Pat's at -3 is a solid if you like the Pat's. If they win I bet they'll cover easy but right now I'm leaning towards the Falcons and think Quinn just might be a good coach, have a plan and the team ready...To early to call, more of a biased opinion right now.

I digging this SB match up....Falcons! For once I like both teams, the Falcons my 2nd fav and mad respect for Brady, Belichick and what they've done.

As someone mentioned before the Championship games, can the Falcon's beat the Pat's? I don't know if Brady and the Pat's can be beat by just an offense but if anyone can score vs the Pat's and keep up with Brady it will be Ryan and Atlanta....That's whats makes this an interesting match to me. The Pat's have a D but they also didn't face an offense like the Falcons either.

The Pat's D, Brady and Belichick, 6 SB's VS a few guys who's been in a SB, eek. If anyone can come up with a plan vs Atlanta it's Belichick. I am willing to bet Atlanta wont get out played and coached as bad as the Steelers and Ryan wont be pulling a Chris Chandler either...I hope he don't toss an early butterfly INT then a late one trying to come back. He's gonna have to play a T/O free game.

I want the Falcons but if the Pat's win I have to watch Goody hand the trophy over and hoping for more then a smirk.
Is that overuse of apostrophes an auto correct thing? Just giving you shit.

I think this game comes down to who makes the least mistakes. And may well come down to who has the better kicker. Ryan looked like an assassin Sunday. Brady is Brady. I hope we're in for a good one.

$tevil
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

If Dan Shaughnessy can get under the skin of the Falcon players like he has the Atlanta media and fans
this game will be a blowout. :D
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:Is that overuse of apostrophes an auto correct thing? Just giving you shit.
Shitty sentence structuring in a place that revolves around Sebastian Bach's sex tape, the Cowboys and how big of poop did you take today!

Still doing the mEth on The Falcons vs Pat's......Mistakes will be the factor yet both could probably over come an errant throw or fumble. Tho he's evolved odds are it will be Ryan...If Atlanta loses I expect him to account for TWO min.

Haven't heard much about RB's playing a factor. Both had strong running games. The team that controls the ground including hitting RB's in the flat or out of the back field.....Takes the advantage?

Blount - 1,116yds 18tds avg 3.9, 7rec 38yds - James White 166yds - 60rec 551yds 5tds

Freeman - 1,079yds 10tds avg 4.8, 54rec 462yds 2tds

The more I look at it both teams are neck and neck with the Falcons D being the exception. I'm leaning towards the Pat's easily covering -3 and under 57.5. unless Atlanta get's Freeman going.

Go Falcons, hope Ryan is on a mission and lights it up while Brady has a Manning type game. Papa John not Eli! I'll change my mind a few more times.

-----------------------------------------------

How many people are going to watch the Pro Bowl........In Orlando! :lol:

Oh how the mighty Pro Bowl has fallen, the last hit I remember was that Kicker leveling a Returner. Mark Gastineau had 4 sacks and a Safety in one.

Last I read, winning the pro-bowl players get $46,000. Losers get $29,000.
Winning the SB players get a bonus $102,000. losing team get $51,000.

Lollygaggers..........
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

When I think of this upcoming SB, which is more than 7 days away, hard not to think
about that idiot, Eugene Robinson, who was arrested prior to the SB back in 98
Dude was arrested for soliciting a prostitute :lol:
Pierce Foreskin

UtahRatt wrote:
Pierce Foreskin wrote:I've been a fan since 1979 when it was Steve Grogan (who led the league that year with 28 tds), Sam "bam" Cunningham and Stanley Morgan. Also one of the best linemen to ever play John Hannah.
I've always rooted for the Pat's, they was underdogs forever and I so wanted them to beat the 85 Bears. I know more players from the 80's then I do today but the Pat's had good teams and always fell short in those growing up decades. They competed but just couldn't get over the top. Not sure if it was coaching or the owner but they had some good teams and made bad decisions.

One reason I liked New England is the Pat's and the Raiders traded a number of players back n forth who went on to kick ass in Oakland...How about Mike Haynes, what an awesome tandem he made with Lester Hayes. Jim Plunkett! Mark Van Eeghen!

I dug Steve Grogan and Stanley Morgan...
Hannah?
Irving FUCKING Fryar?
Mosi Tatupu
Tippett

It helped that I didn't like most of the teams in their division, I use to hate the Bills, not so much anymore. Wasn't a big NY fan but liked them more that the Giants. But it was also being an AFC fan when it came to SB. Back then or growing up you had teams you hated but liked players from other teams. The Pat's had a lot of players I liked in the late 70's into the 80's.

I got a Pats jersey for my 11th birthday, it was #73. I asked my step-dad if he got that number because it was the year I was born? Nope, John Hannah will be in the HOF after he retires and no one wears linemen's jersey's.

Irving Fucking Fryar. He was a hoot. Got picked first overall in 84 and spent a few years running back more punts then he had catches. He, Tony Collins, and a few other Pats came up to the Portland Expo to play a basketball scrimmage for charity, Fryar was just past year two at this point, and he was pretty bling'd up before bling became a thing. So they all sign autographs at half-time and as we are leaving we see a large police presence in the parking lot, turns out someone busted the window out of Irving's porsche and stole his stereo. Yup, only in Maine.

I would add to your list Steve Nelson and Rich Camarillo.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Patriots 36-20
Brady SB MVP
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

bigbuttskinner wrote:Patriots 36-20
Brady SB MVP
i'm rooting for ATL. Brady has enough rings and Brady does not need to win another SB. the media fallout
with be ridiculous and his meeting w/Roger at the podium is for the tabloids.
let Matty Ice get his first SB and that will be just fine