The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Gritt »

Patriots 34
Falcons 31
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:Patriots 34
Falcons 31

Want to bet :lol:
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:I got a Pats jersey for my 11th birthday, it was #73. I asked my step-dad if he got that number because it was the year I was born? Nope, John Hannah will be in the HOF after he retires and no one wears linemen's jersey's.

Irving Fucking Fryar. He was a hoot. Got picked first overall in 84 and spent a few years running back more punts then he had catches. He, Tony Collins, and a few other Pats came up to the Portland Expo to play a basketball scrimmage for charity, Fryar was just past year two at this point, and he was pretty bling'd up before bling became a thing. So they all sign autographs at half-time and as we are leaving we see a large police presence in the parking lot, turns out someone busted the window out of Irving's porsche and stole his stereo. Yup, only in Maine.

I would add to your list Steve Nelson and Rich Camarillo.
Hannah was an animal, I was taught about the battle of the trenches as a kid and grew up respecting the OL but players like Hannah were monsters on another level who played like they was angry. I had to look it up but remembered his brother Charley won a SB with the LA Raiders. Anyway I rooted for the Pat's back in the day but the competition was strong. I liked them more then than I do now but still, good for them I'm glad they built a dynasty. Even if I wished Grogan got a ring.

On another subject about OL.......
It's why I was scratching my head at the HOF class and seen Joe Jacoby is still there, I'd have to look back at the stats or how many hogs are already in but I remember Jacoby being another monster blocker. Not sure what's holding him out of the HOF.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

UtahRatt wrote:
Pierce Foreskin wrote:I got a Pats jersey for my 11th birthday, it was #73. I asked my step-dad if he got that number because it was the year I was born? Nope, John Hannah will be in the HOF after he retires and no one wears linemen's jersey's.

Irving Fucking Fryar. He was a hoot. Got picked first overall in 84 and spent a few years running back more punts then he had catches. He, Tony Collins, and a few other Pats came up to the Portland Expo to play a basketball scrimmage for charity, Fryar was just past year two at this point, and he was pretty bling'd up before bling became a thing. So they all sign autographs at half-time and as we are leaving we see a large police presence in the parking lot, turns out someone busted the window out of Irving's porsche and stole his stereo. Yup, only in Maine.

I would add to your list Steve Nelson and Rich Camarillo.
Hannah was an animal, I was taught about the battle of the trenches as a kid and grew up respecting the OL but players like Hannah were monsters on another level who played like they was angry. I had to look it up but remembered his brother Charley won a SB with the LA Raiders. Anyway I rooted for the Pat's back in the day but the competition was strong. I liked them more then than I do now but still, good for them I'm glad they built a dynasty. Even if I wished Grogan got a ring.

On another subject about OL.......
It's why I was scratching my head at the HOF class and seen Joe Jacoby is still there, I'd have to look back at the stats or how many hogs are already in but I remember Jacoby being another monster blocker. Not sure what's holding him out of the HOF.
He should be in. He was the anchor of the best line in football for over a decade.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I'm pulling for the Patriots just for the whole history being witnessed deal.

Whether their your team or not watching dynasty's in any sport is pretty cool and the Patriots are going for the most ever that's pretty damn special.

Of course my above sentence has a loophole in it as there's no way in hell I could ever cheer for the Cowboys.

Most obnoxious fucking fans in the world fuck'em all.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

eddie lee roth wrote:I'm pulling for the Patriots just for the whole history being witnessed deal.

Whether their your team or not watching dynasty's in any sport is pretty cool and the Patriots are going for the most ever that's pretty damn special.

Of course my above sentence has a loophole in it as there's no way in hell I could ever cheer for the Cowboys.

Most obnoxious fucking fans in the world fuck'em all.
Well, being from Georgia you know who I'm pulling for. And you said Ryan would never be a Super Bowl quarterback!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

You'll have to show me where I said that about Ryan I don't think I ever said that.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

eddie lee roth wrote:You'll have to show me where I said that about Ryan I don't think I ever said that.
Your words around Super Bowl time last season:
eddie lee roth wrote:^
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Matt Ryan will never be a SB QB.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I guess I forgot to tell you my shit-talking has a expiration date. It's only good for that season than we start all over again. :mrgreen:
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

eddie lee roth wrote:I guess I forgot to tell you my shit-talking has a expiration date. It's only good for that season than we start all over again. :mrgreen:
It's okay. He's an SB QB now and you get to be proven wrong. :twisted:

Still remains to be seen if he'll win though, and considering he's going up against Brady he could very well get stuffed, but we'll see.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:I guess I forgot to tell you my shit-talking has a expiration date. It's only good for that season than we start all over again. :mrgreen:
you were bashed and owned. instead of taking the loss like an adult, you want
to make excuses for your retardation. that won't work. you can't fix stupid
and you sure are stupid.
why don't you lie again? make something up again and let someone here expose
you for the fraud that you are.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Machado wrote:
you were bashed and owned. instead of taking the loss like an adult, you want
to make excuses for your retardation. that won't work. you can't fix stupid
and you sure are stupid.
why don't you lie again? make something up again and let someone here expose
you for the fraud that you are.
I was just having fun trash talking with Eddie here, no owning happened.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

And there was no loss either el stupido.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

All this talk about owned and loses reminds me of the Cowboys and their fans. After all the talk and HYPE.........ONE AND OUT!

Y u NO rESpect mY TEam?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:All this talk about owned and loses reminds me of the Cowboys and their fans. After all the talk and HYPE.........ONE AND OUT!

Y u NO rESpect mY TEam?
Utah,
Which teams is your again? And how did your team do in 2016?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:All this talk about owned and loses reminds me of the Cowboys and their fans. After all the talk and HYPE.........ONE AND OUT!

Y u NO rESpect mY TEam?
Utah,
Aaron Rodgers who single-handedly beat Dallas and made their fans cry is high on my list of HAHAHAHAHA!

So when Trump builds the wall will they move Mexico's team The Cowboys over the border?

Uno y Hecho!

BTW, when someone says the team who has the ball last wins means.......It's a back n forth shoot out vs two teams with high scoring offenses and little defense.

Not a failed fucking comeback when the other team poop's out late in the 4th making it a game....DERP.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Speaking of the Packers I get the feeling Aaron Rodgers is turning into John Elway.

Until the Pack either beef the D again or get a RB I don't see him winning another unless the road goes through Dallas on the way there.
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

UtahRatt wrote:Speaking of the Packers I get the feeling Aaron Rodgers is turning into John Elway.

Until the Pack either beef the D again or get a RB I don't see him winning another unless the road goes through Dallas on the way there.
I think you may be right, but I think, if like you say they get better on D, he is most assured another shot at a ring.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:

Y u NO rESpect mY TEam?
Utah,
Aaron Rodgers who single-handedly beat Dallas and made their fans cry is high on my list of HAHAHAHAHA!

So when Trump builds the wall will they move Mexico's team The Cowboys over the border?

Uno y Hecho!

BTW, when someone says the team who has the ball last wins means.......It's a back n forth shoot out vs two teams with high scoring offenses and little defense.

Not a failed fucking comeback when the other team poop's out late in the 4th making it a game....DERP.
of course you are a GB fan. fits you just well. GOOD JOB MEAT!
let me know which team you support on Sunday ok. and then again when OTA's begin.
you're lame!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Jed is driving this team into the ground. I applaud him for thinking outside of the box
and hiring someone with zero experience, but this hire is what some experts would
describe as "a reach". Good luck Jed! You are going to need it.

49ers CEO Jed York on new GM John Lynch in statement from the team: "During his 15 seasons as an NFL player, John epitomized what is so special about the game of football. A world-class competitor, his love and respect for the sport are unmatched, and you would be hard-pressed to find anyone in league circles who does not have great respect for his work ethic and passion. Having already helped lead a team to a Super Bowl title as a player, John is equipped with tremendous insight into what it takes to create a culture that breeds sustained success. Having spent the last eight seasons as an analyst with FOX, he has honed his skills as a talented communicator while also developing valuable relationships around the league and a vast knowledge of the NFL that will be beneficial to our team. As we learned more and more about John, it became apparent that he was not only one of the best to ever play this game but also a Hall of Fame caliber man, one who people are compelled to follow."
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Speaking of the Packers I get the feeling Aaron Rodgers is turning into John Elway.

I think you may be right, but I think, if like you say they get better on D, he is most assured another shot at a ring.
I bet Rodgers could do it if they got better on D....A lot better really, they sucked.
They had a monster D a shutdown secondary and players at every level when they beat the Steelers.....Woodson still a thieving CB and a young Matthews just exploded. Now, with the entire NFL in what seems to be a transition phase and not loaded with juggernauts I bet Rodgers could win another if they got a better D without needing a dominating D like his last SB. O-Line is the new D-Line, it would help if they could run the ball.

I don't know what the deal is with their running game, is Lacy fat n lazy or just always injured, Is Stark worthy and IR as well? Montgomery the new back in town or did the Packers just abandon the run and pass their way to the playoffs? I'm guessing with their shitty Defense Rodgers was throwing 40+ down the stretch playing from behind. I still say he was running on fumes in the playoffs. He looked beat with each quarter in each game.

I'll still bet on the Packers as one of the better teams as long as they have Elway....I mean Rodgers. I'm curious if they'll give him the Offensive Player or where he'll rank on MVP.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:of course you are a GB fan. fits you just well. GOOD JOB MEAT!
let me know which team you support on Sunday ok. and then again when OTA's begin.
you're lame!
HAHAHAHA! OTA's!

Cracks me up how you try to get down verbally when you don't know what the hell you're talking about. I bet you'd have to google OTA's just to know what it stands for. You try way too hard, no one talks like that. GOOD JOB BALONEY!

Better keep an eye on the OTA's, that 1st Place Schedule could set them up for a Trap Game if they're not the Last Team with the Ball!

WITH NERVES OF STEEL! ONE AND OUT! MIC DROP!

----------------------------------

ESPN: Poll shows Patriots most disliked NFL team just edging out the Cowboys and their moronic fans! 22% to 19%.......

"Patriots coach Bill Belichick is also viewed negatively by 34 percent of those polled.
Belichick isn't as disliked as NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, as 37 percent said they thought of him unfavorably and 42 percent disapproved of the job he was doing."
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:of course you are a GB fan. fits you just well. GOOD JOB MEAT!
you're lame!
HAHAHAHA! OTA's!

Cracks me up how you try to get down verbally when you don't know what the hell you're talking about. I bet you'd have to google OTA's just to know what it stands for. You try way too hard, no one talks like that. GOOD JOB BALONEY!

Better keep an eye on the OTA's, that 1st Place Schedule could set them up for a Trap Game if they're not the Last Team with the Ball!

WITH NERVES OF STEEL! ONE AND OUT! MIC DROP!

----------------------------------

ESPN: Poll shows Patriots most disliked NFL team just edging out the Cowboys and their moronic fans! 22% to 19%.......

"Patriots coach Bill Belichick is also viewed negatively by 34 percent of those polled.
Belichick isn't as disliked as NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, as 37 percent said they thought of him unfavorably and 42 percent disapproved of the job he was doing."

i'm happy that Dallas is disliked. just mean the organization is doing something right. now the team just had
to vault a few steps and take home one of those trophies.

Utah, you can continue to preach as if you know what you are talking. you sure do type
a lot but you don't have much to say. quality, not quantity. you should look that up, chico!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Jed is driving this team into the ground. I applaud him for thinking outside of the box
and hiring someone with zero experience, but this hire is what some experts would
describe as "a reach". Good luck Jed! You are going to need it.

49ers CEO Jed York on new GM John Lynch in statement from the team: "During his 15 seasons as an NFL player, John epitomized what is so special about the game of football. A world-class competitor, his love and respect for the sport are unmatched, and you would be hard-pressed to find anyone in league circles who does not have great respect for his work ethic and passion. Having already helped lead a team to a Super Bowl title as a player, John is equipped with tremendous insight into what it takes to create a culture that breeds sustained success. Having spent the last eight seasons as an analyst with FOX, he has honed his skills as a talented communicator while also developing valuable relationships around the league and a vast knowledge of the NFL that will be beneficial to our team. As we learned more and more about John, it became apparent that he was not only one of the best to ever play this game but also a Hall of Fame caliber man, one who people are compelled to follow."
I'll give you one point that's finally not on the top of your head. You read something what others agreed with then I agree with as well!

John Lynch for GM? Did he get his recommendation from Matt Millen? I thought Matt set the example for what ex defensive players with broadcasting backgrounds can do with the power of Grayskull. Whatever, maybe the Niners will get lucky then again I thought Chip set an example in Philly.....Go Frisco!

---------------------------------------------------------

Victor Cruz: Giants' trip to Miami 'definitely wasn't worth it' :lol:

"Looking back on it, it definitely wasn't worth it," Cruz said on the podcast.

"At the end of the day, you want to put your mind in a place where you want to succeed in whatever the next task is, especially in a football setting and a football atmosphere to just win a game. Granted, it's New Year's Day and parts of you just want to like ... and you're an adult and you [pay] your own bills and it's an off day, so you want to just enjoy yourself. I think the fact the photo made it ... a picture is worth a thousand words."

The Giants receivers spent the next few days answering or deflecting questions about their spontaneous getaway. They then struggled in a 38-13 playoff loss to the Packers.

Beckham dropped a pair of passes, including a potential first-quarter touchdown, and reportedly punched a hole in the wall at Lambeau Field after the loss. Rookie Sterling Shepard also had a rough game as the Giants' offense struggled to score points.
Beckham finished with four catches on 12 targets for 28 yards. He had a pair of drops and failed to corral several other catchable passes. Cruz finished with three catches for 30 yards.

-------------------------

Beckham is a bitch of a headcase......He's either gonna crash n burn or needs to go back in the oven for 3 years to mature.

The trip wasn't anything compared to the media blowup. I think it effected the play but if that pic never made it out it wouldn't have been a distraction. It was a stupid pampered typical getaway but I didn't see it as a big deal. Today's media is overkill but the reaction is a nuke.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:i'm happy that Dallas is disliked. just mean the organization is doing something right. now the team just had
to vault a few steps and take home one of those trophies.

Utah, you can continue to preach as if you know what you are talking. you sure do type
a lot but you don't have much to say. quality, not quantity. you should look that up, chico!
Most bandwagon fan's are happy when they make a teams entire fan-base look like morons.
Dallas did do something right, they proved it was all hype an easy schedule and made everyone happy when they got their ass kicked out of the playoffs. Not to mention that last kick was a beautiful way to rip the bleeding maxi pads right out of their vaginas.

What's this.......Explain....
"Now the team just had to vault a few steps and take home one of those trophies?"
Is that English, WTF does that even mean? Had a week off and lost to a QB carrying a team on his back trophy? Is that the "quality" you're talking about? laughed at but not with? Don't flush twice, use a plunger, you should look that up Mr. Roper.

I'm sure Zek is up for the woman beater of the year award! With NERVES OF STEEL Zek beats up women!
Pierce Foreskin

UtahRatt wrote:
Pierce Foreskin wrote:

I bet Rodgers could do it if they got better on D....A lot better really, they sucked.
They had a monster D a shutdown secondary and players at every level when they beat the Steelers.....Woodson still a thieving CB and a young Matthews just exploded. Now, with the entire NFL in what seems to be a transition phase and not loaded with juggernauts I bet Rodgers could win another if they got a better D without needing a dominating D like his last SB. O-Line is the new D-Line, it would help if they could run the ball.

I don't know what the deal is with their running game, is Lacy fat n lazy or just always injured, Is Stark worthy and IR as well? Montgomery the new back in town or did the Packers just abandon the run and pass their way to the playoffs? I'm guessing with their shitty Defense Rodgers was throwing 40+ down the stretch playing from behind. I still say he was running on fumes in the playoffs. He looked beat with each quarter in each game.

I'll still bet on the Packers as one of the better teams as long as they have Elway....I mean Rodgers. I'm curious if they'll give him the Offensive Player or where he'll rank on MVP.
I don't like the guy, he comes off as prickly, but you can not deny is absolute talent. He is like Elway in some respects. I would like to see him grab another ring just so he can have one up on Favre.
I think he places 2nd in the offensive player award to Elliott. He places 3rd behind Ryan and Brady for MVP.
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Pierce Foreskin

UtahRatt wrote:

I wonder how many of the other 31 teams would take Belichick as their coach next year? I would guess most.
Its like the Yankees of the 70-90's they just win too much.
Pierce Foreskin

Pierce Foreskin wrote:The early line is 3 to the Pats, I think this one is going to be a shoot out.
I am obviously going to go with the Pats winning 38 to 35.

Lines have changed a bit since I posted this, but I still think it's a 3 point game with the Pat's on top, I don't think Atlanta's D will be able to stop the Pats O.
I think that the Pats D will be able to stop Atlanta's O just enough to pull out the win.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Dallas actually gets a defense, and key positions stay in place for a few years, the road will be going through Dallas. So suck it.. hhahahhahahhaahaahhah
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:
Pierce Foreskin wrote:The early line is 3 to the Pats, I think this one is going to be a shoot out.
I am obviously going to go with the Pats winning 38 to 35.

Lines have changed a bit since I posted this, but I still think it's a 3 point game with the Pat's on top, I don't think Atlanta's D will be able to stop the Pats O.
I think that the Pats D will be able to stop Atlanta's O just enough to pull out the win.
The line seems to small to me. Pats only favored by 3. Surprised the line has not gone up. Perhaps in the next couple days.
For now I feel like taking the points and maybe even money line for Atlanta

I heard a prop bet this morning on the radio. 8-1 odds that neither Joe Buck or Aikman mentioned "deflate gate" during the telecast
Those prop bets are always good for a laugh
Another was a prop bet whether or not someone would catch on fire during the halftime show? WTH!