The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:
Machado wrote:NFL Exhibition 2017 still has two more weeks to go.
IMO, the starters are ready to play right now. The exhibition game this week means that starters
will get the most playing time to date.
The final exhibition game means those starters do not get any playing time at all. Wasted time if you ask me.

Greedy owners charging full price for this meaningless games. ITS A CRIME!

Those "greedy" owners don't put a fucking gun to one fan in the stadiums and make em' go to the Preseason games, moron..

Also, I believe most teams/owners throw in the pre season games to fans who bought their seats for the whole season.
you may be right
you may be wrong
saw a great special HBO did this week about the NFLPA and the Owners
talked about how the Owners are very greedy. each owner was given 250 million dollars via the TV contract
before any tickets or merch was sold.
i'm not advocating that NFL players should make more money or given "longer" guaranteed contracts. no chance.
if you give an NFL player a 8 year/guaranteed deal, who's to say he's going to play hard for the length of his contract.
NFL teams/owners don't have the luxury that MLB or the NBA has when it comes to players contracts.
NFL is a brutal league where nothing is guaranteed and a player could get released anytime of the day.

but i think the exhibition season is a major cash grab for the owners. charging full price to see these games
and some teams are playing 5 exhibition games. the players only need 2 games max to prep for the season.
the rest of the game scheduled are only leading to injuries to star players.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Machado wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:
Machado wrote:NFL Exhibition 2017 still has two more weeks to go.
IMO, the starters are ready to play right now. The exhibition game this week means that starters
will get the most playing time to date.
The final exhibition game means those starters do not get any playing time at all. Wasted time if you ask me.

Greedy owners charging full price for this meaningless games. ITS A CRIME!

Those "greedy" owners don't put a fucking gun to one fan in the stadiums and make em' go to the Preseason games, moron..

Also, I believe most teams/owners throw in the pre season games to fans who bought their seats for the whole season.
you may be right
you may be wrong
saw a great special HBO did this week about the NFLPA and the Owners
talked about how the Owners are very greedy. each owner was given 250 million dollars via the TV contract
before any tickets or merch was sold.
i'm not advocating that NFL players should make more money or given "longer" guaranteed contracts. no chance.
if you give an NFL player a 8 year/guaranteed deal, who's to say he's going to play hard for the length of his contract.
NFL teams/owners don't have the luxury that MLB or the NBA has when it comes to players contracts.
NFL is a brutal league where nothing is guaranteed and a player could get released anytime of the day.

but i think the exhibition season is a major cash grab for the owners. charging full price to see these games
and some teams are playing 5 exhibition games. the players only need 2 games max to prep for the season.
the rest of the game scheduled are only leading to injuries to star players.

I realize you are one of them.

But,

AGAIN.. Nobody is forced to go. If a fan willingly pays the cash for them, who gives a fuck. NFL owners aren't working for charity.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Machado wrote:So I guess Kap is never going to get a NFL job again. Very sad. I think the owners should be embarrassed for "black balling" Kap right now.
Didn't Kaepernick OPT-OUT of his contract with SF?

Yes. HE DID. Nobody to blame but himself.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

cantstopthemusic wrote:
Machado wrote:So I guess Kap is never going to get a NFL job again. Very sad. I think the owners should be embarrassed for "black balling" Kap right now.

so what you are saying is, he opted out of SF, therefore no other NFL team
should sign him? ok nice logic. you are wrong but so are many people
regarding this subject.
NFL owners are gutless. they are afraid to sign a black QB that took a stand
for something he believed in.
i guess the owners(who are white) are telling all black NFL players, get in line
or you won't have a job.
what a great policy, eh?
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Machado wrote:
cantstopthemusic wrote:

so what you are saying is, he opted out of SF, therefore no other NFL team
should sign him? ok nice logic. you are wrong but so are many people
regarding this subject.
NFL owners are gutless. they are afraid to sign a black QB that took a stand
for something he believed in.
i guess the owners(who are white) are telling all black NFL players, get in line
or you won't have a job.
what a great policy, eh?
Uh, no. I'm CORRECT. He isn't content to sign on as a backup and wants too much dough in addition to that.

He has only himself to blame with his "list of demands."
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

How many times do we have to repeat ourselves. You think he took a stand blah blah blah. It was his militant bitch girlfriend that got him started doing this shit all of a sudden. He showed his ignorance by praising Castro and then the dumb motherfucker didn't even vote.
Pierce Foreskin

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Gonna miss Edelman this year.
I was looking forward to watching him carve up the interior while Cooks ate them up long.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:Gonna miss Edelman this year.
I was looking forward to watching him carve up the interior while Cooks ate them up long.
The damn exhibition season gets another player. Unreal. These games means nothing to players like
Edelman and the guy gets his knee torn up. Totally avoidable but the owners could care less.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Spencer Ware and Cameron Meredith also out for the season
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Well Machado I understand you complaining about the Cowboys having to play 5 preseason games.

That's over now with the NFL announcing that tomorrow's Cowboys Texans game is cancelled and rightfully so.

This fucking flood is something for the record books and I wonder how it plays into the Texans season what a mess they have on their hands.

I was really curious to see how their rookie QB Deshaun Watson what kind of season will he have.

Thanks to lil pp I'm always going to cheer against the Colts and I hope the Texans can overtake them again this season.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:Well Machado I understand you complaining about the Cowboys having to play 5 preseason games.

That's over now with the NFL announcing that tomorrow's Cowboys Texans game is cancelled and rightfully so.

This fucking flood is something for the record books and I wonder how it plays into the Texans season what a mess they have on their hands.

I was really curious to see how their rookie QB Deshaun Watson what kind of season will he have.

Thanks to lil pp I'm always going to cheer against the Colts and I hope the Texans can overtake them again this season.
thanks for the update. i was not aware the game was cancelled. the decision makers finally got something right.

i think the Texans and Dallas meet in the reg. season. i think Dallas had 3 exhibition games against reg season opponents.
Raiders
Rams
Texans?
Anyway, hoping they do meet in the reg season. Maybe Romo will broadcast the game as well.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:Well Machado I understand you complaining about the Cowboys having to play 5 preseason games.

thanks for the update. i was not aware the game was cancelled. the decision makers finally got something right.

i think the Texans and Dallas meet in the reg. season. i think Dallas had 3 exhibition games against reg season opponents.
Raiders
Rams
Texans?
Anyway, hoping they do meet in the reg season. Maybe Romo will broadcast the game as well.
Hey Matardo, the mod demanded you answer a question. Better get on it.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Machado wrote: thanks for the update. i was not aware the game was cancelled. the decision makers finally got something right.

Raiders
Rams
Texans?
Thanks to leagues or conferences or just the plain old NFL they only play each other once every four years just like the Giants and Jets do.

I love watching when games like that are scheduled it's like college football with the winner getting the bragging rights.

It's a shame they don't schedule them more than that especially right now as I think both teams are talented.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Machado wrote:

Raiders
Rams
Texans?

Cowboys do not play the Texans in the regular season. Feel sorry for all of Southeast Texas.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

looking forward to this episode

http://www.espn.com/30for30/
9/12/17
"Year of The Scab"
Two weeks into the 1987 season, the NFL's players went on strike. As the strike fanned fires across the country, no one felt the heat more than the 1500 replacement players, who were caught in the crosshairs of media fueled controversy between owners, players and fans alike.
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

He's a bit of a dick, yes. But, I sorta miss reading Crazi Levi's POV on the NFL.
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

milk-milk-lemonade wrote:He's a bit of a dick, yes. But, I sorta miss reading Crazi Levi's POV on the NFL.
the more the merrier. especially since he was/is a big Redskins fan. we need rivalries and he certainly
could have provided one for the long haul.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

???????????
Hey everybody.....scroll up and look at Machado's earlier posts.
Looks like he's trying to hide/disavow a new sig.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Turner Coates wrote:???????????

I thought it was a strong move. Poking fun of yourself while eating crow.
ImageImage
!
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

milk-milk-lemonade wrote:
Turner Coates wrote:???????????

I thought it was a strong move. Poking fun of yourself while eating crow.
That WOULD be the way to do it, but it's not his style. He too much of a gusano.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

So nice to squash the 19-0 bullshit right from the get-go. What looked like was going to be an absolute blood-bath in the first few minutes, the Chiefs hung in there, and pulled off the upset. All the pomp and arrogant celebration to start the game, I gotta say it felt so great to see the Chiefs silence that whole goddamn stadium. How about the rookie, Kareem Hunt? Loses a fumble on his very first carry, and then just rips the Patriots a new asshole for the rest of the game. It's the first game. A lot can happen, obviously. There's a long way to go. But, this is a great start for the Chiefs. There are no two ways about it.

P.S. Losing Berry really sucks.

Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Kareem Hunt set an NFL record for most yards from scrimmage for a rookie in his first game.
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Peterbilt wrote:So nice to squash the 19-0 bullshit right from the get-go. What looked like was going to be an absolute blood-bath in the first few minutes, the Chiefs hung in there, and pulled off the upset. All the pomp and arrogant celebration to start the game, I gotta say it felt so great to see the Chiefs silence that whole goddamn stadium. How about the rookie, Kareem Hunt? Loses a fumble on his very first carry, and then just rips the Patriots a new asshole for the rest of the game. It's the first game. A lot can happen, obviously. There's a long way to go. But, this is a great start for the Chiefs. There are no two ways about it.

P.S. Losing Berry really sucks.

Looking forward to listening to the Monday Morning Podcast next week. Bill Burr's take on the Patriots' game is always good for laugh.

I had a feeling that I needed to DVR the game. Glad I listened to my gut. Go Chiefs!

The last person to wear 27 was a dud. And, #88 should be retired.
ImageImage
!
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

milk-milk-lemonade wrote:He's a bit of a dick, yes. But, I sorta miss reading Crazi Levi's POV on the NFL.
What happened to that angry jew?
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

FullDJacket wrote:
What happened to that angry jew?

He's a Redskins fan, only so much a fan can take I suppose. hehehhe
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

Who thinks that AP will break a record against the Vikings on Monday night?

Dude seems washed up but this is the fucking Vikings we are talking about. If there is an exercise in futility they haven't embraced, I'm unaware of it.

Just my .02¢ from a bandwagon Vikes fan (thanks SoldierUnderAMan) for the last 38 years...
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Quick predictions

AFC
East: New England
North: Pittsburgh
South: Tennessee
West: Kansas City

Wild cards: Miami and Oakland

NFC
East: New York
North: Green Bay
South: Tampa
West: Seattle

Wild cards: Dallas and New Orleans

Super Bowl: Seattle over Pittsburgh
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Raiders look pretty legit. Lynch was incredible as was the OL.

Interested to see how my Cowboys do shortly. I still say 3-2 without Zeke. They'll be just fine although the Giants & Philly look good. Philly especially.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

AL MICHAELS.

Does this fucker do anything outside of NFL commentating?
ImageImage
!
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

A sprained wrist may keep David Johnson out for half the season? The NFL is a league of pussies now. Ronnie Lott lopped off a finger during a game. LAwrence Taylor played with a broken arm. Emmitt Smith played with a separated shoulder.

A sprained wrist? God.