The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

UtahRatt wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:
After being a fan of Steve Grogan, Stanley Morgan, Irving Fryar, Tatupu, Lippet and the Hannah era I'm glad they've had this success.....
When I was 8 I met Steve Grogan, John Hannah and John Smith (of the snowplow game infamy), they were all at the Maine Mall and I got their signatures on a copy of the team photo.
God they sucked then. But I loved them.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Brady and Belichick remind me of watching MJ in the 90’s. Enjoy it while you can cause your witnessing history.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:The Redskins are fucking brain-dead.
I don't see this working out for them at all.
dafaq?
Nothing in Washington should change till either Snyder sells or maybe Jeff George, Mark Brunell, Brad Johnson or McNabb comes out of retirement. I feel bad for Alex Smith. Talk about the goat.

The Skins walked into this, it was tough when Cousins wanted top dollar after his first good season which was loaded with weapons so they kept putting the franchise tag on him making it worse each year. Now what do they do? Make him the highest paid QB or trade for an older version of him who will toss less ints? I"m guessing Alex is a lot cheaper than a fat 2018 Cousins contract. Sucks they gave up a 3rd and a good CB in Fuller but that's what the Skins do I guess.

So here they go again trading for another George, Brunell, McNabb and hitting the mid round drafts for a future backup release.......I notice a trend in Washington.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

I'm quite happy with how it turned out in Washington.. :D

Signed,

Disgruntled Cowboys fan who ISN'T one saying "It's our year!!! or. America's Team" shit...
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

UtahRatt wrote:I"m guessing Alex is a lot cheaper than a fat 2018 Cousins contract.
True, but they probably could've gotten Cousins for the same money ... if they had done the deal 2 years ago.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

eddie lee roth wrote: And the Browns will sign Cousins. Follow the money.
Wrong again. Stop talking about the Browns because you clearly don't know anything about them. Sadly, I do. Cousins doesn't want anything to do with Cleveland and money will be no influence. A few years ago, the Browns and Redskins had preliminary trade talks for Cousins. Browns had a big contract for him and Kirk told he Redskins he won't accept the trade, will never play in Cleveland no matter what. No chance and he has let that be known a few more times since then. He's smart enough to know he's probably fucked if he came to Cleveland because they haven't done jack shit for nearly 20 years.

Kirk will probably go to Denver (Allbright has been reporting for months), dark horse candidates Arizona or Minnesota.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Jags could be a good fit too for Cousins. Top 5 defense and good running game.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

If I didn’t find Cleveland to be so depressing to talk about every post from here on out would be non stop Cleveland. Your non stop bitching about every subject on this entire board is beginning to get on my nerves. I can’t go back and forth with you because you’re not worth it but please remember always that you’re free to go fuck yourself at anytime you nonstop bitching bore of a fuck.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

eddie lee roth wrote:If I didn’t find Cleveland to be so depressing to talk about every post from here on out would be non stop Cleveland. Your non stop bitching about every subject on this entire board is beginning to get on my nerves. I can’t go back and forth with you because you’re not worth it but please remember always that you’re free to go fuck yourself at anytime you nonstop bitching bore of a fuck.
eddie lee roth wrote:The ONLY time you’ll see me crying

Just giving you information to dispel the rumors.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
referring to Queen movie
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Maybe it's me but I don't believe Cousins is a top caliber QB worthy of a soon to be highest paid contract in history at 30 years old around 30m a year, 50m singing bonus? He's good with a surrounding cast but the media plays him up like Drew Brees.
"we haven't seen this type of free agent QB since the Chargers started Rivers!" "Or when Manning went to Denver!"
He's a younger Alex with more Ints, a lesser Romo with bad game capabilities, a Carson Palmer or possibly a soon to be Ryan Fitzpatrick. Better beef up the line, I'm not sold.

At the same time I hope he don't end up in Denver...I'd want to see Kirk go to the Cards he'd do well in that system and basically fits into Palmer's shoes.

The Browns draft yet another QB and maybe go after someone like Bridgewater or Tyrod Taylor if and when they're set free. DeShone Kizer showed a flash but they'll still draft and go after a vet.

There's going to be a few FA QB's, 3 QB's leaving or staying in Minnesota? Is Jimmy resigning with the Niner's, if not I think they can Tag him? Then you have everyone from Eli, Tannehill to Bortles being talked about. I think all three stay while Eli to Denver would be interesting.

Send Le'Veon Bell to the the Fish!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

LAPoet wrote:Jags could be a good fit too for Cousins. Top 5 defense and good running game.
I'm saying it now, I don't think the Jags can put together back to back seasons......I'd rather be wrong than right.
SkeletorsGhost
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkeletorsGhost »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:Prediction: The Pats will win the SB in a close game, and Eagles fans will ask, "How the hell did we not win that?"

Just like the Ram fans, Panther fans, Seahawk fans, and Falcon fans before them.
I think Pats will win SB again as well, Might be like the Seahawks vs Denver SB from 2014 :mrgreen:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bludegeon wrote:I'm quite happy with how it turned out in Washington.. :D

Signed,

Disgruntled Cowboys fan who ISN'T one saying "It's our year!!! or. America's Team" shit...
You're excluded from the list, a realest who's also a devoted fan that I can respect....I know a lot of Dallas fans, I'm surrounded by Dallas and Bronco fans...The question here is, "so you like football, Denver or Dallas?"....The type of people you can't talk about football without it being all about their team.

Me: "Hey, how about the Bills making the playoffs?"

Mr Dallas: "YEAH, WE would have tooz if it wasn't for Zek! Can you believe he got suspended and it was evenz tossed out of courts"

Reality: "Well Zek beat a bitch, they bought her out and Goodell even let him finish last year and that didn't do much, Brady got about the same over a fucking football without proof and they still won the SB!."

Mr Dallas: "Yeah next year is out year!"

Me: Good talk, go Bills......

And nice Dallas bumper sticker on your brand new car, it totally takes the focus off a sweet ride.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

LAPoet wrote:Jags could be a good fit too for Cousins. Top 5 defense and good running game.
Can't see this happening. Jags picked up the 5th year option last year on Bortles contract so this year they're stuck with him barring some very stupid trade. Bortles is going to get another year and it's make or break. Can't pay two QB's on the same roster 19 million and 25 million each.
referring to Queen movie
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

bigbuttskinner wrote:
Can't see this happening. Jags picked up the 5th year option last year on Bortles contract so this year they're stuck with him barring some very stupid trade. Bortles is going to get another year and it's make or break. Can't pay two QB's on the same roster 19 million and 25 million each.
Cleveland is still in the league, so, a stupid trade is imminent.. hahaha
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

bigbuttskinner wrote:
I read Bortles isn't under guarantee if that's the case the Jag's could release him, they sound shaky with Blake so is they could release him for a more stable Vet it's possible but who?

With Alex off the board it's down to Cousins or what happens in Minnesota and I'm not sure Keenum isn't any different but they could look for insurance.

Cousins would be a stable upgrade with a loaded cast but I don't see it happening. It's also why I don't see them repeating, I don't think the offense will be as effective and I don't think the D can repeat the great one they had. They were sick in take away's, that's a hard repeat.

It's why I don't think the Jag's repeat. I'm not set on Bortles but what they do have is a possible weak division going for them.
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

WHO THE FUCK DID KC GET FOR SMITH??

All the articles I've read didn't say.
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Who else here has a sinking feeling about Sunday?

LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

dmbrocker wrote:Who else here has a sinking feeling about Sunday?

:lol:
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

For the last time, Bortles had his 5th year option picked up last year by the Jaguars guaranteeing his salary of around 19 million this year. If they cut him, he gets it all. If traded the new team would have to pay that, plus probably a big time extension. The only sliver of a chance of this getting messed up is if he fails his physical in March. That's it. God damn!
referring to Queen movie
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

milk-milk-lemonade wrote:WHO THE FUCK DID KC GET FOR SMITH??

All the articles I've read didn't say.
Kendall Fuller
referring to Queen movie
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Einstein Lawless wrote:
LAPoet wrote:Alex Smith traded to the Redskins. Let the guessing game begin on where Cousins lands
I'm fucking dead inside.... give up your best up and coming defensive player for a guy who's basically the same guy as you're running out of town but even older, and then sign him to a 4 year fucking extension before he plays a fucking down.

I mean hey, it's the same walrus looking motherfucker who duped you into trading for Donovan McNabb so how could Washington POSSIBLY end up looking like idiots by this time next year???

Yeah, I'm fucking pissed.
He will have Vernon Davis who he has great chemistry with.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Re: NFL Thread, Bitches!!!!

Post by AliceManson »

eddie lee roth wrote:
AliceManson wrote:
veritas wrote: It's not looking good, is it? It's incomprehensible to me how Belichick goes into the season with this receiving corp -- you have Brady, give him just a few decent receivers and he is set. But all rookies? And, as everyone predicted, the Welker for Amendola switch is looking like a disaster.

To be fair, they did try to keep Lloyd, didn't think Hernandez would be arrested for murder and thought Gronk would be ready to go.

Remember this??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

eddie lee roth wrote:
AliceManson wrote: Just sign Amendola, Welker is way past his prime.
That statement is so full of stupid I have to ask, have you been hanging out with lil pp?

Yeah, I remember.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Is that something from 5 years ago? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You’re such a sad little man.

While you’re remembering things do you remember making child molester jokes about Lumi’s daughter and then trying to backpedal out of it?

You’re about the same as cantstop just pitiful.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

eddie lee roth wrote:Is that something from 5 years ago? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You’re such a sad little man.

While you’re remembering things do you remember making child molester jokes about Lumi’s daughter and then trying to backpedal out of it?

You’re about the same as cantstop just pitiful.
I just moved onto dead fiance jokes, didn't backpedal. Looks like that Amendola signing worked out way better than expected though.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Can’t argue with that. I was wondering if they were going to make TO wait a year or so.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Hall of Fame, Class of 2018: Randy Moss, Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis, Brian Dawkins, Terrell Owens, Jerry Kramer, Robert Brazile and Bobby Beathard.

The asshole class of 2018, talk about issues. From murder to mooning I'd let Moss, TO, Lewis and Dawkins do Sit-Ups in their driveway till they grew old.
Sorry, Joe Jacoby and Isaac Bruce........

I haven't made a pick yet but the closer we get to game time the more I feel like the Eagles could pull it off.
Brady in the past including last year has had moments of trying to get comfortable and a hard time getting into rhythm, he does that with this D their could be problems. It's always been about Half Time adjustments and this isn't a D he's really had to overcome before in the Show. Should be interesting to watch Brady's first couple drives. Id have a hard time calling this one, didn't watch philly play or enough football to make an educated guess.
I draw the line on Foles tossing two picks or turnovers and fluster him into a bad game........What would machado say?

The team who scores the most points should win!
Last edited by UtahRatt on Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

eddie lee roth wrote:Can’t argue with that. I was wondering if they were going to make TO wait a year or so.
Well, he was Cowboy for a couple seasons..............
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

bigbuttskinner wrote:For the last time, Bortles had his 5th year option picked up last year by the Jaguars guaranteeing his salary of around 19 million this year. If they cut him, he gets it all. If traded the new team would have to pay that, plus probably a big time extension. The only sliver of a chance of this getting messed up is if he fails his physical in March. That's it. God damn!
Thanks Berman, it goes against all the shit I've read or seen but I wasn't doing a research paper either. I was aware they picked up his option but they still act like the Jags could unload him for a move on Cousins. More than one site listed him as a possibility.

Go figure.......... Dr. Meredith: Always...uh...never...forget to check your references.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Tom Brady - MVP.
Poor lil pp.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.