The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by dtmfs »

Desslar wrote: You're probably right, I don't remember the exact timeline now. I just recall that for several years we had most of the elements to be a strong contender if only we had a good quarterback, but instead we got a long parade of chumps.

We've also been plagued with mediocre coaching and draft picks for a long time. Saban may be a god in college football, but he was a dud in the NFL. Gase is probably the best we've had since Johnson, although that isn't saying much.
I think Ricky was there in 06' but He wasn't the same as the beast that first arrived in Miami, but D was still good, I think by 06' Chambers was gone, all they had was Welker,and I can't even remember the other WR's, maybe Camerillo, Brees did want to play there though, Hell him and Culpepper would play for anyone, no one knew if either would be the same, Brees immediatley was better than He ever was. And Yeah Saban sucked, I hated that fucker for lying, Why not just say You wanted to Coach in Alabama? I would'nt have given a shit but to lie, fuck him.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Rorysfan wrote:Pats had ONE penalty the whole game. Makes it easy for Brady when your line never gets called for holding, no matter how obvious. Easy to play tight coverage when you never get called for pass interference. That's at least three games for them with just one flag. Tell me that's a coincidence. Notice the first person to congratulate Brady was an official.
I think the worst call of the game was when Jack had no one beween him and the endzone, up 10 in the 4rth and the ref blew the fucking whistle for some reason, would've been a 17 point game, still Jaguars D fell flat toward the end, You can't just let NE hang around, Brady gets hot and it's usually over unless He's playng the Giants. Great play by Gilmore to break up what looked like a good pass by Bortles too, Then of course 3rd and 8, obvious run formation and the D gives up that run, WTF?
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Rorysfan wrote:
AliceManson wrote:Patriots dominance is unreal. They are back to back team of the decade at this point even if they lose the Super Bowl.
Pats had ONE penalty the whole game. Makes it easy for Brady when your line never gets called for holding, no matter how obvious. Easy to play tight coverage when you never get called for pass interference. That's at least three games for them with just one flag. Tell me that's a coincidence. Notice the first person to congratulate Brady was an official.
That's a well coached and disciplined team with only one penalty.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

AliceManson wrote:
Rorysfan wrote:
AliceManson wrote:Patriots dominance is unreal. They are back to back team of the decade at this point even if they lose the Super Bowl.
Pats had ONE penalty the whole game. Makes it easy for Brady when your line never gets called for holding, no matter how obvious. Easy to play tight coverage when you never get called for pass interference. That's at least three games for them with just one flag. Tell me that's a coincidence. Notice the first person to congratulate Brady was an official.
That's a well coached and disciplined team with only one penalty.
Or a team with a whole lot of refs in their pocket. Sorry, I call it like I see it.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

And it's the Patriots vs. the Eagles. Yawn...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

So many Friends of mine here in Iowa are Vikings fans, lot of depressed people around here, but man were they talking some serious shit all week. "The curse is finally lifted!!!!!!" What mother fucking curse? Just because 2 of your kickers have blown it, GTFO, jumped the gun just a tad, admittedly I thought the vikes would win on the strength of their D, Hell I forgot about Philly's D, they came to play, gotta feeling the Viking were looking past the eagles, what a drubbing.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

dmbrocker wrote:And it's the Patriots vs. the Eagles. Yawn...
Exactly..... Looks like another Super Bowl I'll skip watching..
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

Another year, another chance. Another epic failure.

I'm going to die before the Vikings get back to the super bowl.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Super Boring
What makes better tv Eagles fans burning the city after win or loss? That's what i want
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Somewhere, lil pp's head is exploding.
Hopefully it's out of Sweet Kim's ass so it doesn't hurt her.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Facedown wrote:Somewhere, lil pp's head is exploding.
Hopefully it's out of Sweet Kim's ass so it doesn't hurt her.
I'd love to hear him backpedal when Mcdaniels is named the Colts head coach.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

If Wentz hadn't gotten injured I might have give a fuck about this Superbowl, but fuck it I'm tired of the Patriots getting there. It's one reason ratings are down, people are burned out on the same old, same old.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

I can't believe I have to actually root for the Eagles. Uhgghghgh...

Actually, fuck it. Let the Pats get six. I was bummed because another team would have more than Dallas. But, Dallas is fucked up. I really don't care anymore. ..

Until, the next time I care...lol

FUCK YOU JONES AND GARRETT..
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Sure is a whole bunch of little cry babies in here. "Patriots again, whaaaaaaa." What did you expect? Dumbasses.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

The AFC has been garbage this year. It should have been expected that NE would be in the SB.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

bigbuttskinner wrote:Sure is a whole bunch of little cry babies in here. "Patriots again, whaaaaaaa." What did you expect? Dumbasses.

If only the Jag's had kicked that FG! Wait that was the Falcons SB.....Now it's the REF's and people are already making excuses for a Superbowl that hasn't been played yet? No one cried this bad when Cam threw himself a TD.....Fuck all that, The Pat's are that good and I like hearing people whine and make excuses. In a couple years when the Brady, Brees, RoethlisbUrger and Rivers are gone enjoy the game. Not to mention the ones who are already declining at 30.

I hope the Pat's win this year and Brady has a couple more left. I'm not a Patriots fan but I enjoy watching a great QB, team adjustment and execution, no team does more with less, gets the most out of their players including drafting and grabbing players who fit the system better. They plug n play like no other. Come out of halftime with even a better game plan.

The Steelers have had more then enough talent but not the team, same with the Falcons. Chief's suck but when they lost it's Alex's fault? I'm not buying excuses when the other team steps up.

You know who annoys me more then Brady and the Pat's is fucking ROMO...He's can't shut his mouth during a play. Just when you thought it was over they put him in the booth and people act like he's Jimmy the Greek. Romo's an announcer for Chicks who don't know the game.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

The ONLY time you’ll see me crying over a pro football game is if the Cowboys win it all. Lucky for me that’s not about to happen anytime soon. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Until we meet again next season I leave you with this- FUCK OFF COWBOY FANS!!!
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Prediction: The Pats will win the SB in a close game, and Eagles fans will ask, "How the hell did we not win that?"

Just like the Ram fans, Panther fans, Seahawk fans, and Falcon fans before them.
Pierce Foreskin

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:Prediction: The Pats will win the SB in a close game, and Eagles fans will ask, "How the hell did we not win that?"

Just like the Ram fans, Panther fans, Seahawk fans, and Falcon fans before them.

Probably pretty accurate.
However, I would really like to see them blow the Eagles out of the water. Just one of their 6 should be a blow out.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:Just one of their 6 should be a blow out.
You have to be more specific as the football gods have a sense of humor.
I said the same thing last year and it was 28-3 in the wrong direction.
:D
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

eddie lee roth wrote:The ONLY time you’ll see me crying over a pro football game is if the Cowboys win it all. Lucky for me that’s not about to happen anytime soon. :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL...

FUCK THE STEALERS!!!!!!
Pierce Foreskin

Facedown wrote:
Pierce Foreskin wrote:Just one of their 6 should be a blow out.
You have to be more specific as the football gods have a sense of humor.
I said the same thing last year and it was 28-3 in the wrong direction.
:D
Yeah, you're probably right.
I'd like to see the Pats blow out the Eagles in Super Bowl 52 since one of their 6 Lombardi's should be due to a blow out win.
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Bludegeon wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:The ONLY time you’ll see me crying over a pro football game is if the Cowboys win it all. Lucky for me that’s not about to happen anytime soon. :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL...

FUCK THE STEALERS!!!!!!
:lol:
I miss Machado. He might of been a big dummy but he was our big dummy.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

eddie lee roth wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:

LOL...

FUCK THE STEALERS!!!!!!
:lol:
I miss Machado. He might of been a big dummy but he was our big dummy.
Hahahhah..
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Alex Smith traded to the Redskins. Let the guessing game begin on where Cousins lands
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

LAPoet wrote:Alex Smith traded to the Redskins. Let the guessing game begin on where Cousins lands
I'm fucking dead inside.... give up your best up and coming defensive player for a guy who's basically the same guy as you're running out of town but even older, and then sign him to a 4 year fucking extension before he plays a fucking down.

I mean hey, it's the same walrus looking motherfucker who duped you into trading for Donovan McNabb so how could Washington POSSIBLY end up looking like idiots by this time next year???

Yeah, I'm fucking pissed.
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Provided Eli stays in NY the NFC East is got a pretty good collection of QB’s. I’d love to see Eli reunite with Coughlin in Jacksonville though. And the Browns will sign Cousins. Follow the money.
Pierce Foreskin

The Redskins are fucking brain-dead.
I don't see this working out for them at all.
dafaq?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Haven't done shit in decades yet with their fan base and media push you'd think they're defending champs and this every season "THIS IS OUR YEAR!" Motto keeps them going...Nowhere. I wonder how many Cowboy fans voted for Trump. I pulled up Alex Smith and the fucking headlines were "Does Alex Smith make the division tougher for the COWBOYS????!!!!" "Redskins trade for Alex Smith shouldn't bother Cowboys". What's Alex going to do Cousins didn't, toss less int's? With the Eagles in the SB does Alex Smith make the division tougher for the Cowboys not to finish, last?

--------------------------------

Back to Brady I meant more about the hate everywhere. They've been over slammed for being good. Come on, deflatagate? Everyone with a keyboard was "CHEATERS!" which is by far the dumbest shit ever, even Steeler fans whined like a tour into Napa Valley or the I'm tired of seeing them crowed! IMO the Pat's are more a class act then most, when Dallas had their run they would scream from treetops "AMERICAS TEAM!" and rub it in your face. You don't hear that from New England, Brady is pretty low key and the team just keeps plowing. That last Dallas team had everything from Crack to Gun jokes including speeches how everyone on the roster should be in the HOF!.....Except for Herschel Walker.

After being a fan of Steve Grogan, Stanley Morgan, Irving Fryar, Tatupu, Lippet and the Hannah era I'm glad they've had this success.....

Other than your favorite team who'd you rather see have a dominate run.......Atlanta......Saints, Cardinals or Bills then maybe the Browns or Lions, na just kidding. The Eagle base is a tough snowball throwing at Santa crowed, I bet they'll send a truck load of Philly Sub's to New England with a win.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.