The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: NFL 2012 Thread

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

STEVE SMITH, AP Sports Writer

A person familiar with the move says that San Francisco free agent quarterback Alex Smith will visit with Miami.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the team has not announced Sunday's meeting.

Smith's visit with the Dolphins comes after Peyton Manning worked out for San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh last week at Duke. The 49ers are one of the finalists in the Manning sweepstakes, along with the Denver Broncos and Tennessee Titans.

Manning also worked out for the Broncos and Titans last week, with team executives saying he looked good throwing the football.

Smith and Manning have the same agent, Tom Condon.
noam_bombsky
Forming a Band

Post by noam_bombsky »

All the talk i've been hearing is about how Tennessee is where Manning is comfortable, he gets to stay in a familiar division, etc. (Not to mention that whole thing about him being offered a front office job there after his retirement, don't know much about that though) Also, a lot of talk was going on about Manning not wanting to play in the NFC when this all started to go down. No doubt Mannings best shot at another super bowl is in San Francisco. And if that post by bigbuttskinner is true, then the niners are serious about upgrading their offense to make a super bowl run which should be even more incentive for Manning to choose them. Like SkyDog said, even a Manning at 75% would be a considerable upgrade from Alex Smith. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, especially considering the fact that Manning is coming off major surgery and hasn't played in over a year, but I can't help but be excited about what signing Manning could mean for the niners in 2012.
It's like granny always said: "Some turds float to the top; some turds sink to the bottom. In the end, they all get flushed."
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

noam_bombsky wrote:All the talk i've been hearing is about how Tennessee is where Manning is comfortable, he gets to stay in a familiar division, etc. (Not to mention that whole thing about him being offered a front office job there after his retirement, don't know much about that though) Also, a lot of talk was going on about Manning not wanting to play in the NFC when this all started to go down. No doubt Mannings best shot at another super bowl is in San Francisco. And if that post by bigbuttskinner is true, then the niners are serious about upgrading their offense to make a super bowl run which should be even more incentive for Manning to choose them. Like SkyDog said, even a Manning at 75% would be a considerable upgrade from Alex Smith. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, especially considering the fact that Manning is coming off major surgery and hasn't played in over a year, but I can't help but be excited about what signing Manning could mean for the niners in 2012.
That's all well and good, but How about manning at 50 percent

Or manning at 25 percent?

The guy has an injury that -as p13 likes to say when inventing evidence to support his retardation - 90 percent of "the football world" has never seen.

He hasnt taken a snap in over a year.

Who the fuck knows what "percentage" of old manning the "winners" are gonna get?
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Matt Flynn to the Seahawks..3 years 26 Million (10 guaranteed).
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Matt Flynn to the Seahawks..3 years 26 Million (10 guaranteed).
International man of intrigue. He looked incredible in mop up duties. So is he a Steve Young type back up or a Steve Bono type back up?? Time will tell. I thought the Browns might make a move for him, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Crazy Levi wrote:
noam_bombsky wrote:All the talk i've been hearing is about how Tennessee is where Manning is comfortable, he gets to stay in a familiar division, etc. (Not to mention that whole thing about him being offered a front office job there after his retirement, don't know much about that though) Also, a lot of talk was going on about Manning not wanting to play in the NFC when this all started to go down. No doubt Mannings best shot at another super bowl is in San Francisco. And if that post by bigbuttskinner is true, then the niners are serious about upgrading their offense to make a super bowl run which should be even more incentive for Manning to choose them. Like SkyDog said, even a Manning at 75% would be a considerable upgrade from Alex Smith. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, especially considering the fact that Manning is coming off major surgery and hasn't played in over a year, but I can't help but be excited about what signing Manning could mean for the niners in 2012.

The guy has an injury that -as p13 likes to say when inventing evidence to support his retardation - 90 percent of "the football world" has never seen.

Who the fuck knows what "percentage" of old manning the "winners" are gonna get?
I agree with you Crazy Levi. IMHO Manning is a bigger risk than Matt Flynn because of the injury.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
noam_bombsky
Forming a Band

Post by noam_bombsky »

Crazy Levi wrote:

That's definitely true. Fuck, Manning might not even be able to finish the season. He's a risk, but at the very least, San Francisco pursuing him as well as signing Moss and Manningham shows that the team is making a real effort to improve on it's weaknesses which is better than I've come to expect from them the last decade or so. I also think that moving on from Alex Smith is the right move for the niners, regardless of how the Peyton Manning situation unfolds.
It's like granny always said: "Some turds float to the top; some turds sink to the bottom. In the end, they all get flushed."
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Brady Queen to the Chiefs.

Guess they needed an experienced designated clipboard holder.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Laron Landry to the Jets?

Good luck with that one Tommy. He was a GREAT rookie and showed tons of promise - hard hitting dude - but he's been chronically injured the past two seasons and his roided out body seems to be giving up on him.

One year deal though makes sense.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Crazy Levi wrote:Laron Landry to the Jets?

Good luck with that one Tommy. He was a GREAT rookie and showed tons of promise - hard hitting dude - but he's been chronically injured the past two seasons and his roided out body seems to be giving up on him.

One year deal though makes sense.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_ ... ource-says

Shit, you weren't kidding.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Patriots sign TE Daniel Fells.
I understand the depth aspect but I think there are bigger needs right now.

Haynesworth redux?
Patriots sign OL Robert Gallery.

They have also re-signed OL Dan Connolly and brought back WR Donte Stallworth.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Patriots sign CB Marquice Cole.
noam_bombsky
Forming a Band

Post by noam_bombsky »

Ah, now for the excitement of watching a playoff ready team start either a disgruntled Alex Smith or a Colin Kaepernick with zero experience... gotta love it!
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

noam_bombsky wrote:Ah, now for the excitement of watching a playoff ready team start either a disgruntled Alex Smith or a Colin Kaepernick with zero experience... gotta love it!
Yep. Dolphins are putting their faith in David Gerrard (!) so Smith really has no choice but to go back to the 9ers.

Now watch them play hardball with him on a contract, that'll be funny.

Anybody else still looking for a QB? The Browns?

And shit...does McNabb really not get another chance in the NFL?! Not even as a backup?
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Crazy Levi wrote: And shit...does McNabb really not get another chance in the NFL?! Not even as a backup?
You want him back? Have the Redskins been practicing catching with their feet?
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Hub Arkush from Pro Football Weekly just said Roger Godell is about to drop the biggest punishment in the history of the NFL on the Saints here shortly.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Someone here got the idea stuck in my head of Goodell taking away this years franchise tag from the Saints.

Drew Brees as a pissed off free agent, would make the Manning stakes look like last years Favre watch in comparision.
scarred but smarter
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Hines Ward retires.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Facedown wrote:Hines Ward retires.
Now we have to listen to Steeler fans on how he is the greatest WR to ever play the game and other bullshit like how he retired a Steeler. No, he retired a free agent, he was cut by the team, tested free agency, 31 teams had no interest, so he was forced into retirement.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Tim Tebow traded to the Jets for a 4th round pick.

Sean Payton suspended for 1 year.
Saints lose 2 2nd round picks.
Greg Williams suspended indefinitely.
Last edited by Facedown on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

This is great news. So thrilled the NFL backed up their tough talk with some action.

The NFL came down hard on the New Orleans Saints on Wednesday.

Saints coach Sean Payton has been suspended for one year,
former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams was suspended indefinitely, general manager Mickey Loomis was suspended for eight regular-season games,
the team was fined $500,000 and lost two second-round draft picks (one in 2012 and '13) as a result of a bounty program conducted by the team during the 2009-11 seasons.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Why Jets, why? What the hell is going on this off-season?
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Sains Asst. Coach Joe Vitt suspended without pay for first 6 games of season.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Tommy wrote:Why Jets, why? What the hell is going on this off-season?
No shit. Tebow is perfect for the Jets.
The addition will force a meltdown of epic proportions in NY. Imagine the soundbytes Ryan will provide when he is asked about the QB competition?
Then asked about how the team plans to use Tebow?
:lol: :lol:

Ryan & the Jets just ruined their season by acquiring a QB that is all hype.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Update: Jets give Broncos 4th and 6th round pick and Jets get 7th round pick.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Machado wrote:
The addition will force a meltdown of epic proportions in NY. Imagine the soundbytes Ryan will provide when he is asked about the QB competition?

Wow. What a guaranteed clusterfuck. My Jet fan brother has to be pulling his hair out up in CT.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Machado wrote:

..and then explain why the five-year, $58.25 QB is on the bench and the $1mil a year, sub-50% comp. QB is in there...

And let's not even get started on why the fuck they even paid Sanchez that and gave him an extension. I'm glad I hate that team.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Wow. Just wow. Where's Greg to call for the Colts 2nd SB ring?

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

WTF wrote:
Machado wrote:

..and then explain why the five-year, $58.25 QB is on the bench and the $1mil a year, sub-50% comp. QB is in there...

And let's not even get started on why the fuck they even paid Sanchez that and gave him an extension. I'm glad I hate that team.
There are days where I can't believe I'm a Bears fan, but being a Jets fan has to be tough.

$tevil
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

johnk5150 wrote:There are days where I can't believe I'm a Bears fan, but being a Jets fan has to be tough.

I'm a little removed from it since the Panthers came to town, but yeah, it's no picnic. :|