The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

TexDaddy
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by TexDaddy »

UtahRatt wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:34 am
kylel wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:18 am I really like hearing that Watson may become a Panther. I hope it works out!! Teddy Shitwater HAS to go!
A couple days ago it was "Three 1st RD Picks and Mccaffrey for Watson?" They're dead set on landing Watson.....I still think Houston holds onto him or uses this as a starting point for what it will take to peel him away.

McCaffrey's a beast then gets injured 3 games in after signing a massive deal....Talk about all the luck...As the highest paid RB in the first couple years of his contract I don't think the Panthers can trade him without taking a huge Cap Hit not to mention all that guaranteed cash I assume they'd have to eat?

I would put Mccaffrey and three 1st RD picks up for Watson.

-------------------------

On that note I was running across stats and remembered 2019 Christian McCaffrey was robbed, it's a travesty he didn't win let alone be in the running for MVP.

McCaffery 2019 - 3RD player in history to go over 1,000yds rushing and receiving...Broke his own record for RB catches in a season (116) 1,005yds + 19TD's + 287att for 1,300yds+ the third most yards from scrimmage in season ever (2,392), the 4th RB in history with over 1,000 in receiving and you still don't crack in the top 5?

MVP-Lamar Jackson, ya a beast of a year. The rest had monster years sure, Thomas broke the receptions record with (149rec)..Meanwhile McCaffery caught 33 less AND ran 287 times for 1,300+!
#2 Russ Wilson
#3 Michael Thomas
#4 Mahoney
#5 Watson

2019 Christian McCaffrey had one of the best years I've seen by a RB.......The Panthers = 3QB's....Started 4W-1L....5W-11L
I doubt Houston does this deal as the rumored Jets and Dolphins deals are far better.
but then again the Texans are the worst ran franchise in the NFL so who knows.
TexDaddy
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by TexDaddy »

J.J. Watt to the Cardinals.

I did not expect that to be his destination, but good for him.
hope they make the playoffs.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Drew Brees just announced his retirement. I guess that means Brady stands alone.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Got to see them go head to head once back in '09 in NO.
Pats got crushed but saw two of the greats in person.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Trevor drafted to the Jags with first pick tonight as expected with BYU's Zach Wilson going to the Jets at #2. My Dirty Birds get Kyle Pitts from FL. Mac Jones drafted to Pats, and I think he'll be a solid replacement for Cam there. Bears trade up for Justin Fields and hopefully are done with Trubisky. Any other thoughts on tonight's draft?

And non-draft related, but apparently Rodgers wants to leave Green Bay? Maybe he wants to become full-time Jeopardy! host now?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Haven't been playing close attention to all the moves...
Fields slipping to the Bears could be the equalizer pick for that division I hate the Bears but Fields should be an instant upgrade even if I'm on the fence about him becoming a top QB....I think Trubisky's already gone.

Zack as a local has impressed me but going to the Jet's says good luck. I'm not sure anyone can excel in NY Green....Who was their last decent QB, O'Brien? When "Joe-I wanna kiss you Suzy Kolber-Namath" still holds most of your teams records played when or before most of us was born something is wrong.

The Falcons taking a hybrid TE in Pitt's doesn't fill many holes in the team now or down the line and at #4? How much longer does Ryan have, they need LINE help and not to mention 3 levels of Defense? Did they pick up a RBl? What about Jones, I hope they keep him and Pitt's isn't just a replacement pick.

I like Mac Jones to the Pat's if there's one place for him it's there and hopefully it's on the learning bench. A lot of these QB's give me a system vib going to the wrong team and they will have issues, trying to imagine Trevor as the Jag's starter isn't my vision of the best situation....I'd go so far as to say if the Jag's and Niners switched QB picks they'd both be better off. Kind of a odd thought I guess.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

dmbrocker wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:38 pm

And non-draft related, but apparently Rodgers wants to leave Green Bay? Maybe he wants to become full-time Jeopardy! host now?
Are the Giants sticking with Daniel Jones? Otherwise that's the kind of power-move typical of a big market team.....getting an ageing big name...that is
UtahRatt wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:03 am

Zack as a local has impressed me but going to the Jet's says good luck. I'm not sure anyone can excel in NY Green....Who was their last decent QB, O'Brien? When "Joe-I wanna kiss you Suzy Kolber-Namath" still holds most of your teams records played when or before most of us was born something is wrong.

Mark Sanchez took them deep into the play-offs and also won the Rose Bowl I believe.....then he turned into one of the worst QBs of all time.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

FullDJacket wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:50 amMark Sanchez took them deep into the play-offs and also won the Rose Bowl I believe.....then he turned into one of the worst QBs of all time.

I'd say Sanchez let them down more than he lead them to anything. He had weapons including a great line, running game and a defense "Darrelle Revis". Sanchez numbers were never good....I don't think he could have carried any team. He made Dave Krieg look great.

I bet Sanchez couldn't throw in the CFL.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

LOL! The Jacksonville Jaguars just signed Tim Tebow. :lol: :lol: :lol: Florida gonna Florida.

Colin Kapernick was heard to mutter something about honkies under his breath...
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

exitflagger wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:53 pm LOL! The Jacksonville Jaguars just signed Tim Tebow. :lol: :lol: :lol: Florida gonna Florida.

Colin Kapernick was heard to mutter something about honkies under his breath...
If Trevor Lawrence ever gets close to just sniffing a SB. No chance in hell is Urban Meyer his HC.

I bet on a golf course right now. Spurrier is laughing telling himself got that monkey off my back.
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Bengals are finally gonna have a winning season, and win more games than the Steelers.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:00 am Bengals are finally gonna have a winning season, and win more games than the Steelers.
I’ve been saying this since the season ended. AFC North has got a good set of QB’s or should I say 3 out of the 4 teams. I really liked what I saw out of your QB before he went down last year. He only had a record breaking offense in college his last year. Hopefully getting a former college teammate WR will help. They need to get better on the line and not have him take a ass kicking when he’s out there.
VinnieVincentsVag

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

eddie lee roth wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:10 pm
VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:00 am Bengals are finally gonna have a winning season, and win more games than the Steelers.
I’ve been saying this since the season ended. AFC North has got a good set of QB’s or should I say 3 out of the 4 teams. I really liked what I saw out of your QB before he went down last year. He only had a record breaking offense in college his last year. Hopefully getting a former college teammate WR will help. They need to get better on the line and not have him take a ass kicking when he’s out there.
Been their problem for yrs.
no investment in OLine
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Julio to Titans. He wanted out of ATL, so he got his wish. Shame we couldn’t get him that ring.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

RIP Former NY Giants head coach Jim Fassel at 71:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/08/spor ... index.html
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Philly fans having a laugh courtesy of Indy.

Speaking of, I see WTF or the Giants winning NFC North with Dallas and Philly in a race for third. Suck on that Cowboy fans.

Six words that tell you exitflagger is in a shitty mood. Jameis Winston is our starting quarterback.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

The laughs keep coming out of Indy. Now their all pro o line guard suffers the same injury to his foot.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

NONE of those teams you mentioned will win the North,,

They all play in the East there Mr. Wizard.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I knew that. I was just testing your knowledge. :mrgreen:

I am glad to see you on here. I thought for a second there you were another old timer who skipped out of here.

How you feeling about Dak now? Also don’t forget they’re on Hard Knocks on HBO and tonight is episode one.

Looking forward to giving you a rash of shit this season. And you in return also. Peace out.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Breaking news Tim Tebow has been cut. I wasn’t sure to call it breaking news or duh news. Did you see his blocking highlights from this weekend? If not look it up words don’t bring it justice.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Which of the five, first round QB will have the most success in their rookie year? I’ll go with Justin Fields. What you say?
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Cam Newton cut by the Pats.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

eddie lee roth wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:58 am I knew that. I was just testing your knowledge. :mrgreen:

I am glad to see you on here. I thought for a second there you were another old timer who skipped out of here.

How you feeling about Dak now? Also don’t forget they’re on Hard Knocks on HBO and tonight is episode one.

Looking forward to giving you a rash of shit this season. And you in return also. Peace out.
Yeah, I am still kickin around. LOL...

Not sure what to think about the Cowboys or Dak this season. Opening up against TB is not helping any good feelins I may have had.

We are little behind on the Hard Knocks show, but, the first episode was good.

I'm glad football is back....
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

eddie lee roth wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:31 am Six words that tell you exitflagger is in a shitty mood. Jameis Winston is our starting quarterback.
Right again as usual.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

eddie lee roth wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:06 am Which of the five, first round QB will have the most success in their rookie year? I’ll go with Justin Fields. What you say?
I want to say Zach Wilson but he went where QB's go to die......When Joe Namath is the best Jet's player ever AND STILL holds team records it's more than a curse. 4,000yds in a 14 game season, 26TD's a few shy of the JET'S season record of 29 AND THAT WAS 50+ years ago in 14 game seasons! Man, as many people who've always jumped on the feel sorry for the Lions or Browns fans.
How bout dem JETS?........

Jag's and Jet's suck....Toss them out. If Trey takes over he's got a shot in SF.

So that leaves the shit Bears and the Pat's....I still don't think Fields is the man but they have a good enough team to make a run..I say the Pat's win more games, leaving.

Mac Jones and the coaching master.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

The Bengals give up like 80yds passing 3.6yds rushing and still lose.........

I'm still not watching a lot, more highlights and stats.....Most are a blow out or a late kick easy back n forth who has it last. There's no hype anymore."YA TD...Oh wait for replay"

That hammer drill on Kelce's TD was great...Was he a guard who ran down the field to pounce on him......That was an OOOOFFFFFF.

Zach tossing an airball Int then made a great run down the field tackle....Shit throw, nice tackle.

There's some good hidden plays in there other than the wide open bomb highlights.

Can the CHARGERS FIND A KICKER? holy shit, they've lost more games in the last few years over shit kickers.

Looking at stats last week, hardly anyone including a team ran for 100yds, the passing to running is 2/1 nowadays.

Seattle blew it, Henry's a beast.
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

3-0 Defense is looking pretty legit. Last nights injuries SUCK though. Our CB that was drafted is hurt, possible broken foot. Kinda hoping they call up Richard Sherman...
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

kylel wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:04 am 3-0 Defense is looking pretty legit. Last nights injuries SUCK though. Our CB that was drafted is hurt, possible broken foot. Kinda hoping they call up Richard Sherman...
They should kick in his door.

*****Carolina Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey out a few weeks with hamstring injury

Panthers, Sam Darnold......Still not buying him.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bears 6 Browns 26!

Justin Fields - 6/20, 68yds....9sacks 67yds...Bears passing YDS = 1yd :D

Who are Bear fans going to scream for now.....Nick Foles! Fields should have stayed in the OVEN...Dalton need to get back....But Fields have more mobility!

--------------------------
Lions....That play clock sucks eh? 66yd FG FTW! That's some pain right there, good call ref's.

---------------

Alabama could with the NFC East!
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

^^^
If I owned the Bears I would fire the HC and GM today.