The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

dmbrocker wrote:So, the Falcons go from the Super Bowl last season to three straight losses now? What is happening here?!? :x
Super Bowl hangover. Happens almost every year.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:So, the Falcons go from the Super Bowl last season to three straight losses now? What is happening here?!? :x
Lack of confidence coupled with a lack of offensive direction. Their new OC is not doing really well.
Could be. That epic Super Bowl collapse might have been a blow to the ol' confidence for sure.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

It's a good Monday...
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

It's the Patriots Effect.
Pats beat Rams, Rams go 7-9
Pats beat Panthers , Panthers go 7-9
Pats beat Eagles, Eagles go 6-10
Giants beat Pats, Giants go 12-4 but miss playoffs next two years
Giants beat Pats, Giants miss playoffs next 4 years
Pats beat Seahawks, Seahawks seem to be the most immune as they went 20-11-1 but no SB appearance.
Pats beat Falcons, Patriots beat Falcons again... who knows ?

That being said, I really expected Atlanta to win since the Pats D has been the cure for every QB/team woes.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Facedown wrote: Pats beat Panthers , Panthers go 7-9
Panthers have never had back-to-back winning seasons. Ever.
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

I bought Mastodon tickets back in June so I didn't realize the Redskins were on MNF and as a result, last night was the first Skins game I missed in 13 years. it was on in the venue bar and I caught scraps of it and it recorded at home but the streak's still broken.

Looks like I didn't miss much and at Least Mastodon rawked!
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Patriots lose Hightower for the year due to a torn pectoral muscle. Another big time player out for the year. Pats don't have a good front 7 so this will sting. Get through the Chargers on Sunday then they have a bye. We'll see if they pick anyone else up along with the practice squad kid they just activated.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

Wow. Are the Dolphins that bad? Ugly game.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

gr8twhte wrote:Wow. Are the Dolphins that bad? Ugly game.
They're not good enough to be 4-3, Don't know why in the world so many people thought Matt Moore was gonna be some sort of savior, He's a career back up for a reason, most of his throws were garbage, All those dolphins fans that screamed for him to start, well you got your wish, enjoy it while it lasts, The Ravens murdered them last year too, I was rooting for the riverdance RB to get a TD and start doing an Irish dance celebration.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:That hit on Flacco was brutal!
:shock:

Jesus. Just saw it on YouTube. Absolutely no excuse for that Busch league bullshit. 2 game suspension easy. Wow.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I don’t care about an NFL player kneeling during the national anthem however the NFL can go fuck itself right in the ass by only broadcasting the London game in Spanish!!!

That’s how you can run me off right there.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

eddie lee roth wrote:I don’t care about an NFL player kneeling during the national anthem however the NFL can go fuck itself right in the ass by only broadcasting the London game in Spanish!!!

What are you talking about? I've been watching the whole game on NFL Network and it's in English. Greg Gumble and Trent Green.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
referring to Queen movie
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

bigbuttskinner wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:I don’t care about an NFL player kneeling during the national anthem however the NFL can go fuck itself right in the ass by only broadcasting the London game in Spanish!!!

What are you talking about? I've been watching the whole game on NFL Network and it's in English. Greg Gumble and Trent Green.
Not with my cable company. (Cox) Talked to two different representatives after my first post and both of them were clueless about the problem.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

eddie lee roth wrote:
bigbuttskinner wrote:

Not with my cable company. (Cox) Talked to two different representatives after my first post and both of them were clueless about the problem.
I don't get it either. But yes, the NFL didn't do this.
referring to Queen movie
Einstein Lawless

Jesus Washington, how about we try to play some fucking defense today?

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
Einstein Lawless

Aand as it turns out the defense is the one bright spot of this game everyone else can suck a fuck

Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Another good Monday morning..

Thanks Redskins. hehehheheeh

Some THE WORST officiating I have seen to date in the NFL. I am not even talking about the Dallas/Washington game.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I love it when the MLB playoffs start. That way if I’m stuck watching Fox’s game of the week I only have to listen to one douchebag instead of two.
Einstein Lawless

Bludegeon wrote:Another good Monday morning..

Some THE WORST officiating I have seen to date in the NFL. I am not even talking about the Dallas/Washington game.
Lol, that's what's burning me up... Dallas made enough errors, most teams would beat them but leave it to Washington...

We're so fucked at QB... We have a guy that plays pretty good until you put him in a 2 minute drill, then he's GUARANTEED to get picked off. He ended our season last year getting picked against the Giants and he's turned it over on the final drive against Philly, KC, and now Dallas this year. He not only took Rex Grossman's number... he took his aura.

A guy like that will get you within 1 game either way of .500 which puts you between 13-21 in the draft order... long after any 1st round QB off the board. Then again, we'd prolly fuck that up again anyway.

So this offseason rolls around he's going to really make us overpay for a .500 QB. We're fucked.

eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Einstein Lawless wrote:

Lol, that's what's burning me up... Dallas made enough errors, most teams would beat them but leave it to Washington...

We're so fucked at QB... We have a guy that plays pretty good until you put him in a 2 minute drill, then he's GUARANTEED to get picked off. He ended our season last year getting picked against the Giants and he's turned it over on the final drive against Philly, KC, and now Dallas this year. He not only took Rex Grossman's number... he took his aura.

A guy like that will get you within 1 game either way of .500 which puts you between 13-21 in the draft order... long after any 1st round QB off the board. Then again, we'd prolly fuck that up again anyway.

So this offseason rolls around he's going to really make us overpay for a .500 QB. We're fucked.
You guys have one of the shittiest owners in the NFL.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Speaking of shitty owners I heard today there’s a good chance Andrew Luck won’t play at all this season. :lol:

I remember after Peyton went to Denver the idiot owner instead of just keeping his mouth shut had to say we should have won a lot more SB’s and we’ll do that with Luck.

He found a way to shit on a HOF QB, shit on the SB his team won and jinx Luck. I call it the curse of lil pp.
Einstein Lawless

eddie lee roth wrote:
Einstein Lawless wrote:

You guys have one of the shittiest owners in the NFL.
Hard to argue that.... and he's only 53.

eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Yeah it’s one thing to have a owner come across like a asshole, jackass, etc etc like Jones or McNair and a whole other deal to come across like Snyder. He’s constantly making terrible personnel decisions since he’s been there. It’s damn near not fair. I’m just happy that at least there’s a team to come out on top of the Cowboys in the East. Thank you Philly long live Carson Wentz. :lol:
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

It was a relief to see a win after losing 2 in a row. The Chiefs defense is pretty bad. That's what it is gonna end up killing them in the playoffs. Looks a lot like the 2003 team under Vermeil. Really good offense, and a defense that can't stop anything. The 2003 team was the #1 seed that year, the Colts came into Arrowhead, and they just traded scores. No punts in that game, which I think is some kind of record. Priest Holmes fumbled late in the game on a big run that could have turned the game in the Chiefs favor. Instead, Manning, Harrison, and James sent them into the off-season. So, I see the same kind of shit happening.

The new kicker, Butker, is solid. There is this guy on a Chiefs message board that has called him Butt-Kicker from day one, and I swear I heard Sean McDonough have the Freudian slip and he called him that after his 3rd FG. :lol:

So, next week at Dallas. No Elliott, which is nice, but that might not end up mattering too much against the Chiefs defense. Anybody can score against them.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Peterbilt wrote: The new kicker, Butker, is solid.
Still pissed at the Panthers for the decision to release this guy, and continue to overpay Graham Gano.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Peterbilt wrote:Image

It was a relief to see a win after losing 2 in a row. The Chiefs defense is pretty bad. That's what it is gonna end up killing them in the playoffs. Looks a lot like the 2003 team under Vermeil. Really good offense, and a defense that can't stop anything. The 2003 team was the #1 seed that year, the Colts came into Arrowhead, and they just traded scores. No punts in that game, which I think is some kind of record. Priest Holmes fumbled late in the game on a big run that could have turned the game in the Chiefs favor. Instead, Manning, Harrison, and James sent them into the off-season. So, I see the same kind of shit happening.

The new kicker, Butker, is solid. There is this guy on a Chiefs message board that has called him Butt-Kicker from day one, and I swear I heard Sean McDonough have the Freudian slip and he called him that after his 3rd FG. :lol:

So, next week at Dallas. No Elliott, which is nice, but that might not end up mattering too much against the Chiefs defense. Anybody can score against them.
No worries Chiefs fan. Dallas Defense can't stop anyone either. They show spurts of what it is like to actually be an NFL defense, but, that is against teams like Frisco.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Houston’s QB Watson tears ACL in non contact drill in practice - out for season. And Luck was put on IR today as well.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

What a bummer for Texans fans and Watson. That kid was fun to watch.
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Okay. Elliott will play. Good to know.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

eddie lee roth wrote: And Luck was put on IR today as well.
The COLTS!!! Road To The SUPER BOWL ENDS NOW!!!!
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.