The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Artemis2085 wrote: But Mike Florio reported over the summer that Goodell wants to transform the Super Bowl into an Olympics type event with a different country hosting every year.
Goodell is the mouthpiece for the owners. Whoever came up with that idea, it wasn't him.
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

With the several minutes left in this game to add to it, the Rams already have 107 points on the season. Only 20 of them came against the Redskins. That gives me cautious optimism going into Sunday as long as the offense pulls their head out.

PS: i'm still pissed they didn't re-sign Pierre garçon
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Artemis2085 »

That was some wild shit!!! Great, great game. SF just plain ran out of luck at the end. It had everything. Hard hitting, lots of improbable plays, WTF moments and lots of offense. Especially considering SF did everything they could to give the game away in the 1st quarter. Lot of heart on the field tonight.

And I'm certain Dallas takes care of Arizona on Monday. But suddenly I'm worried about the damn Rams, especially with our complete lack of defense. But LA's two stud WR's are in concussion protocol after tonight so who knows.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
Einstein Lawless

Agreed... probably the best Thursday Night Football game I've ever watched.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
Scandal2000
Headlining Clubs

Post by Scandal2000 »

That was a great game last night and easily the best of the NFL season so far. I have always been a much bigger NFL fan than college but the last couple of seasons,the level of play in the NFL has not been that great. The league definitely need a good Thursday game and the Rams and 49ers are both struggling to draw fans so this definitely didn't hurt.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

No way in hell is it certain that Dallas takes the Cards. There is no evidence to claim this. LOL. Only the opposite.

Great game last night. I caught it from the 3rd qtr on. The boy and I were thinking the Rams have it won. LOL
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

It's looking like Houston has drafted a real QB.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Boy, the Dirty Birds sure dodged a bullet today!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

I don't want to talk about all the penalties. The 3rd down inefficiency. Marcus Peters tied with Kelce as the #1 douche-bag asshole on the team. Forget about all of that. How about KAREEM MOTHERFUCKING HUNT!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow.
Einstein Lawless

Go Redskins

Einstein Lawless

First half was OK, but Washington's natural born ineptitude made them leave points on the field at the end of the first half

Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Einstein Lawless wrote:First half was OK, but Washington's natural born ineptitude made them leave points on the field at the end of the first half
Are you kidding? They are killing the Faid right now. And as a Chiefs fan, I couldn't be happier. #1 not only in the division, but also in the whole damn AFC.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

I'm in shock that the Redskins have dominated tonight. Very impressive on both sides of the ball.

And that fucking 61 yd kick by the kid for the Eagles. Wow.

Pressure is on, Dallas. :?
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
Einstein Lawless

A sweet victory I will try to savor this week. Unfortunately I don't want the team to...they need to focus on the fuck ups they did have tonight and get ready for Kansas City on the road.

Einstein Lawless

Also, I really hope the nastiness this defense of shown so far this season is going to become the new culture.

Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Einstein Lawless wrote:A sweet victory I will try to savor this week. Unfortunately I don't want the team to...they need to focus on the fuck ups they did have tonight and get ready for Kansas City on the road.

Shapes up to be a really good game. Chiefs have actually owned the Redskins in the past. Hoping for more of the same.
Einstein Lawless

Yeah, I remember the last game. Torrential winter rain and a 45-10 beat down at home. Hopefully we turn a corner this time.

Einstein Lawless

Is it me or does Mike Glennon look like a taller, less trailer trashy version of Cole Beasley?

Pierce Foreskin

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Einstein Lawless wrote:Is it me or does Mike Glennon look like a taller, less trailer trashy version of Cole Beasley?
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Thoughts on this? Pretty nasty hit if you ask me:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-review ... 08639.html
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Einstein Lawless

Forward progress was stopped, head was targeted, yes it's dirty. Expect a 25k fine and possibly a suspension.

dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Einstein Lawless wrote:Forward progress was stopped, head was targeted, yes it's dirty. Expect a 25k fine and possibly a suspension.
Yep, two game suspension:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-suspen ... 05363.html
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Atlanta loses. That makes the Chiefs the only unbeaten team in the NFL at least for one more day. Denver beats Oakland. That game is kind of a no-win for me, but it is nice to see the Raiders fall further behind. Also nice to see New England get beat again. Houston! Wow. Can't wait for kickoff tomorrow. Hopefully, the Chiefs keep it going.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Peterbilt wrote:Atlanta loses. That makes the Chiefs the only unbeaten team in the NFL at least for one more day. Denver beats Oakland. That game is kind of a no-win for me, but it is nice to see the Raiders fall further behind. Also nice to see New England get beat again. Houston! Wow. Can't wait for kickoff tomorrow. Hopefully, the Chiefs keep it going.
Falcons are banged up with injuries, though, and we barely escaped Detroit last Sunday with a win. It wasn't entirely surprising that we lost today.
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

The game started out looking a lot like last week when Washington dominated the Raiders. It didn't look good, and the Chiefs are known for coming out and pissing down their leg on national TV. 2nd half, they just pounded the rock with Kareem, Redskins defenders started dropping like flies, and Kelce made a couple of big plays which included a TD right before the half. The last couple of minutes were crazy. Cousins starts thinking he's Alex Smith and broke off a couple of big runs for first downs. Then he threw a TD pass to take the lead, if only the receiver could have made the catch, which he should have. Chiefs take the ball down into FG range for their brand new this week rookie kicker. He missed his first attempt in the first half. But, he got the game winner. Then everyone kind of fell asleep when the Redskins dropped a lateral on their desperation attempt, and Justin Houston scoops it up and runs into the end zone with no time on the clock. One of the weirdest TDs I can remember seeing. I'll take it. 4-0.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Thank you Kansas City..

Just don't pull this winning shit Week 9 at Dallas.. lol
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Bludegeon wrote:Thank you Kansas City..

IKR!

Dallas are just another team this year. Offense is on point, but teams have figured out the defense is awful, Taco Charlton is a bust and Sean Lee is MIA. The Switzer fumble was huninilating and turned the tide.
Professional Hater
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Artemis2085 wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:Thank you Kansas City..

IKR!

Dallas are just another team this year. Offense is on point, but teams have figured out the defense is awful, Taco Charlton is a bust and Sean Lee is MIA. The Switzer fumble was huninilating and turned the tide.

Defense has been horrible for years. Changes have needed to be made for years. Like coach, wr's and lb's that can't play a full season. Lots needs to change for Dallas to be taken seriously. But, it's like having a kid who is a trans crackhead. You may not like it all the time, but, it's yours.. So, I keep watching this Dallas team.. UGHHH..
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

OBSERVATION:

Players' with 'SR.' after their last name are fucking retarded. :roll:
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

milk-milk-lemonade wrote:OBSERVATION:

Players' with 'SR.' after their last name are fucking retarded. :roll:
:lol:

Hey Steve Smith Sr. was a beast. From the "My Man Smith" days with the Panthers, on up. A fun player to watch.

Great effort from Tampa tonight. A couple of dropped passed (including a TD), but the kicking game absolutely cost them the game (a 23 yd MISS? really?!). Defense played great, and the Patriot just aren't the Pats of years past (thank gawd). This should have been Tampa's moment. Shocking because Folk was great with the Cowboys and only missed 4 out of 31 attempt last season. Looks like an early retirement of the CFL is in his future.
Professional Hater