The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by AliceManson »

Marvin Lewis isn't going anywhere after all. He was signed to a two year extension.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Carson Palmer just announced his retirement...Happy trails!

Raiders expected to announce Gruden's return as head coach. Hope it works for 'em after he's been gone from coaching for a decade...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

dmbrocker wrote:Carson Palmer just announced his retirement...Happy trails!

Raiders expected to announce Gruden's return as head coach. Hope it works for 'em after he's been gone from coaching for a decade...
There was a snag in that. They ignored the Rooney Rule and didn't interview a minority candidate.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

AliceManson wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:Carson Palmer just announced his retirement...Happy trails!

There was a snag in that. They ignored the Rooney Rule and didn't interview a minority candidate.
The penalty for which is $200k and a slap on the wrist.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

My sources are telling me Cleveland is looking to dump their 2nd round picks in order to get somebody’s 1st rounder. They’ve decided to go with OU’s, USC and UCLA’s QB’s in the 1st round. Sadly all 3 will be out of the league by the time their rookie contracts are up.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Raiders to announce Gruden as HC Tuesday reports 10 Years 100 million.

MNF might be more enjoyable without him.

ESPN is a powerful company but no matter how much they tried he sucked as a announcer and all his other shit on that channel was as annoying as could be.

Thank God he’s out of there.
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Wow. I have seen this movie before. Like about 20 times. The Chiefs had a big lead. Looked like they were gonna win big. Then, Kelce went out (I knew it was over then). Mariota throws a TD pass to himself. And the Chiefs Butt-Kicker, who has been automatic, misses a FG. The Chiefs are a total shit-show in the playoffs.
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Peterbilt wrote:Wow. I have seen this movie before. Like about 20 times. The Chiefs had a big lead. Looked like they were gonna win big. Then, Kelce went out (I knew it was over then). Mariota throws a TD pass to himself. And the Chiefs Butt-Kicker, who has been automatic, misses a FG. The Chiefs are a total shit-show in the playoffs.
That's Andy Reid football for ya.
I hope you guys get a new coach in the next couple of years, he is not a good playoff coach.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:
Peterbilt wrote:Wow. I have seen this movie before. Like about 20 times. The Chiefs had a big lead. Looked like they were gonna win big. Then, Kelce went out (I knew it was over then). Mariota throws a TD pass to himself. And the Chiefs Butt-Kicker, who has been automatic, misses a FG. The Chiefs are a total shit-show in the playoffs.
That's Andy Reid football for ya.
I hope you guys get a new coach in the next couple of years, he is not a good playoff coach.
Ehhh... I don't put this on him. At all. It's just a long tradition, going back to Schottenheimer, Vermeil, Edwards, what have you.....

Like I said, when Kelce went out, I knew it was over. Didn't matter if Andy did some brilliant shit from there on out. Kelce is Smith's go-to. Without him, everything is lost.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Fun fact: A lead of 18 points or more has only been blown 4 times in NFL history. Including last Super Bowl and this game.

Yeah the offense sputtered. But your defense is shit. You guys couldn't have stopped Henry with a brick wall. That's football. Sometimes you're up big and swinging your dick around. Then the other team comes out and makes you look foolish. But I will say that was such a poorly officiated game. Gruden had a couple of good one liners about the zebras.

Atlanta. Wow. Got away with a hold at the end, but it wouldn't have mattered.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

eddie lee roth wrote:My sources are telling me Cleveland is looking to dump their 2nd round picks in order to get somebody’s 1st rounder. They’ve decided to go with OU’s, USC and UCLA’s QB’s in the 1st round. Sadly all 3 will be out of the league by the time their rookie contracts are up.
No idea where you live but you're not plugged into the Cleveland sports scene at all. I've not heard one whisper of such a thing and why would they? The Browns already have picks #1 & #4 in the First Round, and they have picks #33 & #35 in the Second Round. No need to trade for another first round pick. The only thing that has been said over the last two weeks was possibly trade for Alex Smith (John Dorsey, KC connection) and draft one of the QB's.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

Peterbilt wrote:Wow. I have seen this movie before. Like about 20 times. The Chiefs had a big lead. Looked like they were gonna win big. Then, Kelce went out (I knew it was over then). Mariota throws a TD pass to himself.
Kelce's hit should have had a Helmet to Helmet penalty.

Mariota's selfpass TD shouldn't have counted, as he was pass the line of scrimmage, when he threw it.

Another season, another Chiefs heartbreak.
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

bigbuttskinner wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:My sources are telling me Cleveland is looking to dump their 2nd round picks in order to get somebody’s 1st rounder. They’ve decided to go with OU’s, USC and UCLA’s QB’s in the 1st round. Sadly all 3 will be out of the league by the time their rookie contracts are up.
No idea where you live but you're not plugged into the Cleveland sports scene at all. I've not heard one whisper of such a thing and why would they? The Browns already have picks #1 & #4 in the First Round, and they have picks #33 & #35 in the Second Round. No need to trade for another first round pick. The only thing that has been said over the last two weeks was possibly trade for Alex Smith (John Dorsey, KC connection) and draft one of the QB's.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

My sources say they can’t believe you don’t believe them.

FYI whenever I start out with “my sources say” anywhere on this message board it’s a guarantee I’m telling you some bullshit to try and see if anybody will believe me. I don’t have any fucking sources in sports or entertainment at all. I’m just a broken down ex A&P mechanic I don’t know jackshit. Well of course except for what my sources say. :wink:
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

My cable went out right as KC ran the non-fumble for a non-TD without me knowing it at the time so I thought KC had won. I was on the phone with the cable company and the voice on the other end of the line reminded me of the Steve Martin scene with the rental car lady in Planes Trains and Automobiles. I didn’t need cheerful voice I needed my fucking TV back on. Got it back on around ten minutes later and found out what happened.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

I bet Kirk Cousins' agent has a boner while watching this Jags-Bills game.
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by exitflagger »

If the Saints get eliminated next week, this year will be worth it simply for having the opportunity to wipe our ass with Cam Newton THREE TIMES in one season. :D
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

exitflagger wrote:If the Saints get eliminated next week, this year will be worth it simply for having the opportunity to wipe our ass with Cam Newton THREE TIMES in one season. :D
I just can't stand that guy. It was nice to see him lose again.
Now that LA is out of the picture, I have to change my SB pick...
Got Pats over Saints, now.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

You are not allowed to change Superbowl picks on hair band message board, sorry that's the law
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:I bet Kirk Cousins' agent has a boner while watching this Jags-Bills game.
That was an ugly fucking game.

So many dropped passes, notably by O'Leary, erratic passes early on by Tyrod. And he got manhandled on that last play. How is that not an unsportsmanlike?

Saints looking like the team to beat. I'm not quite sold on MIN just yet.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Bears just hired the Chiefs O.C. As their next H.C.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Divisional round picks: Falcons over Eagles, Patriots over Titans, Steelers over Jaguars and Saints over Vikings.

That New Orleans vs Minnesota game is the closest one where I’d almost want to say pick’em should be game of the weekend.

And yes hating on Cam Newton is quite easy.

I used to not have an opinion on him either way but the postgame SB press conference from a few years back sealed the deal for me his wardrobe helps out too.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Titans, Jags, Dirty Birds, Saints
Viking won't score 10 points..choke city
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Did you know:

Peyton Manning - 2 time SB winner and 5 time MVP winner

Tom Brady - 5 time SB winner and 2 time MVP winner... So far.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

LAglamrocker wrote:Titans, Jags, Dirty Birds, Saints
Viking won't score 10 points..choke city
Titans - wrong. Vikes won't score 10 - wrong.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

MVP's shouldn't matter they are just voted on from Eddie Trunk type people for sports

Titan Qb will takedown old man cheating Hall Of Shame Brady

Nobody is scared of Vikings..they are what 2-2 against playoff teams this year
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

This Falcons/Eagles game, though...They could just kick field goals all night and still beat us at this rate!

Edit: And Julio misses the potential game-winning catch with only a minute to go. Dammit!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Rorysfan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Rorysfan »

LAglamrocker wrote:MVP's shouldn't matter they are just voted on from Eddie Trunk type people for sports

As you're seeing in this game, refs won't even give Titans a chance.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Rorysfan wrote:
LAglamrocker wrote:MVP's shouldn't matter they are just voted on from Eddie Trunk type people for sports

As you're seeing in this game, refs won't even give Titans a chance.
You know you’re arguing with a troll don’t you?
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

LAglamrocker wrote:Titan Qb will takedown old man cheating Hall Of Shame Brady
:lol:
How are those Tebow led Broncos doing?
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

WTF is going on right now. I’m worried about my team this doesn’t look good at all.