The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by eddie lee roth »

Peterbilt wrote:The best team in the NFL remains undefeated.

Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Man, the Steelers just own the Chiefs. The Chiefs did end up making it interesting, but they just got beat, plain and simple. And as good as Alex has looked this whole season, he played like shit today. I'm not sure how many wide open guys he missed, but he sucked today. And another thing, DeAnthony Thomas on that TD pass, just get in the fucking end-zone. Asshole somersaults in, hey moron, you're losing!!!! Now you want to do some dumb shit like that, and maybe wind up losing the football in the process. Steelers kicked the Chiefs ass. The end.
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

Meh... the Patriots went 16-0 in the reg season once. Lotta good it did them.
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
Desslar

Post by Desslar »

dmbrocker wrote:Um, so where were the Falcons the whole second half today? Sucks for Rodgers and the Pack, I guess. Sucks even worse to be a fan of the Dirty Birds after being up 17-0 over Miami for the first whole two quarters...
Speaking as a Dolphins fan - that's how I felt for the first half.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

They've all gotta lose one. I did have the Steelers winning this one despite all their bullshit.

San Francisco had a chance at the end and blew it. Dropped balls, and the penalty at the end sealed it.

2 in a row for the Chargers. And the return of Adrian Peterson.

Between college & pro this was a batshit weekend and a lot of fun.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Desslar wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:Um, so where were the Falcons the whole second half today? Sucks for Rodgers and the Pack, I guess. Sucks even worse to be a fan of the Dirty Birds after being up 17-0 over Miami for the first whole two quarters...
Speaking as a Dolphins fan - that's how I felt for the first half.
Good point, but this isn't the first time my boys have blown a lead like this. I'm still bitter about the last Super Bowl.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

NYG 17 - DEN 3 at Halftime.

Bizzaro world!
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Artemis2085 wrote: Between college & pro this was a batshit weekend and a lot of fun.
That ain’t no lie luckily both my teams were able to get the win but not before making me do my best Fred G. Sanford imitation
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

eddie lee roth wrote:
Artemis2085 wrote: Between college & pro this was a batshit weekend and a lot of fun.
That ain’t no lie luckily both my teams were able to get the win but not before making me do my best Fred G. Sanford imitation
You're lucky.

Cowboys had a bye week. Maybe they'll get their shit together.

Longhorns gift wrapped a victory to Oklahoma. Texas A&M won a gritty game in a tough environment. Completely shut Florida down in the second half. And Baylor lost 58-17 in a game that they led for most of the 1st quarter. Not the best football weekend for my teams, but otherwise it was fun. And this Giants/Broncos game is...bizarre.
Professional Hater
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Oh yeah I forgot to mention how wonderful everything was. On top of my teams pulling off close games Dallas had a bye. Living where I do those fuckers are on my TV every fucking week.
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

Giants man... what the fuck. I was preferring to think of the 0 win season as their comeuppance for that bullshit they pulled with the salary cap penalties John Mara got levied on the Skins and Cowboys a few years back.
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Giants will end up with more wins than then the Cowboys
All teams in AFC West are fun to see
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

LAglamrocker wrote:Giants will end up with more wins than then the Cowboys
As if you couldn't get any fucking dumber...
Professional Hater
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Denver lost today 64000 papered seats only 7000 paid
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Nope, not one bit sad about Rodgers and a broken collarbone. :D :D :D :D

A less stressful week. Maybe the NFL could add two , or three bye weeks for Cowboys fans. Be good for the ol' ticker.

Niners, Niners, Niners, FUCK OFF.. lol. Dammit.. You all know the Niners are winning next Sunday.

And Denver can fuck off too..
Pierce Foreskin

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

I'm bummed about Aaron's shoulder. Not a GB fan, at all, but I hate to see great players go down for the season.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:I'm bummed about Aaron's shoulder. Not a GB fan, at all, but I hate to see great players go down for the season.
Everyone always puts McCarthy in the Top 5 coaches currently in the game, and justifiably so. Teams lose big players and key pieces often. Let's see if McCarthy can get his fat ass in business and get this team to the playoffs. A long way to go and they still have talent everywhere INCLUDING DEFENSE so I don't want to hear any whining for these fuck bags. Hundley has been there now for 3 years. They've had more than enough time to get him ready if this would happen. If they suck the rest of the way, it is 100% on the coaching staff not being able to do their job.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

How bout them Chiefs?!?!

:lol:

That was the most batshit ending to a game I may have ever seen.
Professional Hater
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Artemis2085 wrote:How bout them Chiefs?!?!

When you have been watching this rivalry up-close and personal like I have for over 30 years, you know that's how these games go. The Chiefs/Raiders games are always close, no matter what the records are, and I think the all-time series is tied or close to tied. Can't get any closer. My good friend is a Raiders fan, and he was down since last weekend about the loss to LAC. I was trying to convince him to get together and watch the game tonight all week, but he didn't want to because he thought the Chiefs would roll. I kept telling him to look at the history. Look what fucking happens!!!!!!! Game is decided by 1 point with no time on the clock.

That is Chiefs/Raiders.

Now, this makes the next game, Mon 10/30 vs Denver, way more important than I want it to be.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

KC pass defense misses Berry something fierce.
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

LAPoet wrote:KC pass defense misses Berry something fierce.
Yes they do.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Peterbilt wrote:
Artemis2085 wrote:How bout them Chiefs?!?!

When you have been watching this rivalry up-close and personal like I have for over 30 years, you know that's how these games go. The Chiefs/Raiders games are always close, no matter what the records are, and I think the all-time series is tied or close to tied. Can't get any closer. My good friend is a Raiders fan, and he was down since last weekend about the loss to LAC. I was trying to convince him to get together and watch the game tonight all week, but he didn't want to because he thought the Chiefs would roll. I kept telling him to look at the history. Look what fucking happens!!!!!!! Game is decided by 1 point with no time on the clock.

That is Chiefs/Raiders.

Now, this makes the next game, Mon 10/30 vs Denver, way more important than I want it to be.
No doubt. Suddenly the Raiders are back in this thing, in the toughest division in football aside from the NFC East.

And starting 5-0 means nothing. There was that Chiefs team in 98 that finished 14-2, got knocked out in the first round. But I do see them winning the division and going a bit deep in the playoffs. There's no need to panic in KC, unless they lose the Broncos game on 10 days rest.
Professional Hater
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Chiefs are starting to reel..

Amazing how many turns the Football makes in a season.
Pierce Foreskin

bigbuttskinner wrote:
Pierce Foreskin wrote:I'm bummed about Aaron's shoulder. Not a GB fan, at all, but I hate to see great players go down for the season.
Everyone always puts McCarthy in the Top 5 coaches currently in the game, and justifiably so. Teams lose big players and key pieces often. Let's see if McCarthy can get his fat ass in business and get this team to the playoffs. A long way to go and they still have talent everywhere INCLUDING DEFENSE so I don't want to hear any whining for these fuck bags. Hundley has been there now for 3 years. They've had more than enough time to get him ready if this would happen. If they suck the rest of the way, it is 100% on the coaching staff not being able to do their job.
Can't disagree with any of that. The year Brady went down, the Pats still did well. One game shy of a playoff berth. So I agree, they should be able to still play highly competitive games.
Unless the players themselves don't believe they can with behind Hundley.
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Big game for Americas team vs San Jose State 49ers
Playoff elimination game for Romo II
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Bludegeon wrote:Chiefs are starting to reel..

Amazing how many turns the Football makes in a season.
Exactly. Everyone had the Packers written off by week 8 last year and look what happened.

But this team isn't going to rally around Hundley.
Professional Hater
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Reading Peterbilt’s reply really stands out to me how fucked up the NFL can be. Referring to the Chargers with Los Angeles in front of their name just doesn’t seem right at all. And when people write LAC is just as wrong. To me that refers to the Clippers who are another team that doesn’t belong where they are. It’s a damn shame they couldn’t work something out with San Diego.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

So, the Falcons go from the Super Bowl last season to three straight losses now? What is happening here?!? :x
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Pierce Foreskin

dmbrocker wrote:So, the Falcons go from the Super Bowl last season to three straight losses now? What is happening here?!? :x
Lack of confidence coupled with a lack of offensive direction. Their new OC is not doing really well.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Matt Ryan is a fraud and I've been saying it for his whole career. He's OK, nothing more. Last year is his one outlier of brilliance. He's had different OC's before Shanahan got there last year and he is what he is. Loved seeing the Pats manhandle them for most of the game. The Julio TD was something else; thought for sure Butler had an interception. Glad they won. Oh, and 28-3! :D
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie