The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Crazy Levi »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:

The Eagles totally suck and Chip Kelly is gonna be yet another college wash out whose fabulous groundbreaking college game proves pathetic when faced with the coaching and players of the NFL.

So describe exactly what Chip Kelly's newfangled college offense is that is going to fail so badly in the pros?
Hey man, I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else. Just call it a hunch.

I guess I'll get to see it firsthand as the Eagles open at the Skins on MNF.

Any thoughts on who is going to win that game, by the way?
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Crazy Levi wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:

The Eagles totally suck and Chip Kelly is gonna be yet another college wash out whose fabulous groundbreaking college game proves pathetic when faced with the coaching and players of the NFL.

So describe exactly what Chip Kelly's newfangled college offense is that is going to fail so badly in the pros?
Hey man, I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else. Just call it a hunch.

I guess I'll get to see it firsthand as the Eagles open at the Skins on MNF.

Any thoughts on who is going to win that game, by the way?
For me, I don't give a shit who wins that game. I just hope both teams beat the living shit out of each other..

Or... A tie works. Not sure if that can still happen. LOL, Maybe need to ask Don McFlabb :mrgreen:
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

NFC north - bears have no chance unless Aaron Rodgers is hurt
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Great piece on Angel Dust Hernandez, from Rolling Stone. http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the ... the-huddle
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Excellent article from Rolling Stone about Aaron Hernandez, how he became a murderous thug, with a little bit at the end about why there's a good chance he'll get away with it:

http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the ... the-huddle
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Former #4 NFL pick in 2009, Aaron Curry has retired.
The kid made a cool $34 million, per his rookie contract.

Must have been nice to earn every single dollar of that money
and retire at the age of 27.

How many years until the kid has blown through the millions and
is just another BUM
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

johnk5150 wrote:NFC north - bears have no chance unless Aaron Rodgers is hurt

Last year my sure thing that most people would think I was crazy was Vikings doing better than the Bears and I was right.

For this year I'm saying Packers don't win the division.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

We are doing victory laps now?

Last year my sure thing was that RG3 would be rookie of the year and I was right. Cause you know, I'm always right. Except for when I'm wrong. Just like everyone here.

I don't have a sure thing this season though. Except that the Vikings will once again not win the Lombardi trophy.

Speaking of which, I wonder if P13 - whose crushing sig bet loss to me FINALLY expires on Thursday, September 5 with the start of the NFL season - will return to Sludge, if just to remove those humiliating and embarrassing sigs.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Man, if he comes back it's going to be like sharks on a chum bucket. He'll need his own forum for all the abuse he's going to get.

To answer your question, I think that Washington wins the MNF opener if RG3 is back and confident about his running/cutting abilities. If he's not sure of himself it could be interesting.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Crazy Levi wrote:We are doing victory laps now?

Last year my sure thing was that RG3 would be rookie of the year and I was right. Cause you know, I'm always right. Except for when I'm wrong. Just like everyone here.

I don't have a sure thing this season though. Except that the Vikings will once again not win the Lombardi trophy.

Speaking of which, I wonder if P13 - whose crushing sig bet loss to me FINALLY expires on Thursday, September 5 with the start of the NFL season - will return to Sludge, if just to remove those humiliating and embarrassing sigs.

When did I claim victory, dipshit? I just said Gay Bay wouldn't win?

I can't make any post now without you running off at the mouth saying something wrong or making up shit I said.

It's funny.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Am I the only one here who thinks Truthersurrender needs to lighten up a bit?

Dude seems a little angry for someone who posts :lol: :lol: :lol: constantly an finds everything "funny."
Goddamn Electric
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Goddamn Electric »

Crazy Levi wrote:Am I the only one here who thinks Truthersurrender needs to lighten up a bit?

Dude seems a little angry for someone who posts :lol: :lol: :lol: constantly and finds everything "funny."
You'd be angry too if you were a fucking sad sack lardass who has never gotten laid...a/k/a NeverSurrenderASandwich.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Crazy Levi wrote:Am I the only one here who thinks Truthersurrender needs to lighten up a bit?

Dude seems a little angry for someone who posts :lol: :lol: :lol: constantly an finds everything "funny."

My bad. Just something else you were wrong about. I should expect that by now.

BTW, you jumping all over everything I say is funny. Real funny.
Last edited by NeverSurrender on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Goddamn Electric wrote:

Dude seems a little angry for someone who posts :lol: :lol: :lol: constantly and finds everything "funny."
You'd be angry too if you were a fucking sad sack lardass who has never gotten laid...a/k/a NeverSurrenderASandwich.
Whattup, Eddie?
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Machado wrote:Former #4 NFL pick in 2009, Aaron Curry has retired.

is just another BUM
Break it down.

Uncle Sam takes half. That leaves him 17 million. His agent gets ten percent of the gross. That leaves 13.5. He'd be retarded to blow through that.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

johnk5150 wrote:
Machado wrote:Former #4 NFL pick in 2009, Aaron Curry has retired.

is just another BUM
Break it down.

Uncle Sam takes half. That leaves him 17 million. His agent gets ten percent of the gross. That leaves 13.5. He'd be retarded to blow through that.

He seems like the kind of guy who said, I'm playing through my first contract then getting out. Which would be why he sucked so bad. He just didn't care. This is just a hunch of course, but I'd bet he was planning to get out early.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

The NFL has settled for $765 million with the 4,000 former NFL players suing them over head injuries.

"Around $675 million will go toward players or families of players who were injured. Baseline medical exams for players will be capped at $75 million and a separate $10 million will go toward research purposes.

The agreement covers all retired players – not just those who were plaintiffs – and future payments will be adjusted for inflation. The fund providing payouts to players is designed to last some 60 years and includes a provision that it never can dip below $50 million; otherwise, the NFL’s obligations would speed up, Seeger said. Players will not have to prove that concussions caused their injuries, he said.

The settlement would not impact any current benefits programs for retired players.

Despite the strong allegations players and their attorneys set forth in legal complaints, Seeger said he didn't regret not litigating what the NFL knew or didn’t know about concussions. The main goal, he said, was to achieve the “right results for the players,” and to do so in a timely manner for them and their families"
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:The NFL has settled for $765 million with the 4,000 former NFL players suing them over head injuries.

"Around $675 million will go toward players or families of players who were injured. Baseline medical exams for players will be capped at $75 million and a separate $10 million will go toward research purposes.

The agreement covers all retired players – not just those who were plaintiffs – and future payments will be adjusted for inflation. The fund providing payouts to players is designed to last some 60 years and includes a provision that it never can dip below $50 million; otherwise, the NFL’s obligations would speed up, Seeger said. Players will not have to prove that concussions caused their injuries, he said.

The settlement would not impact any current benefits programs for retired players.

Despite the strong allegations players and their attorneys set forth in legal complaints, Seeger said he didn't regret not litigating what the NFL knew or didn’t know about concussions. The main goal, he said, was to achieve the “right results for the players,” and to do so in a timely manner for them and their families"
NFL & Goodell scored a huge WIN with this settlement for 2 reasons

1)
The settlement (with the NFL and its marketing arm NFL Properties) comes with no admission of liability by them or acknowledgement by the ex-players of any weakness in their claims.

Settlement also nullifies the pretrial court discovery, including information in NFL documents and sworn statements, that would have occurred had the cases stayed in court.

2)
Michael Kaplen, a practicing brain injury lawyer who teaches at George Washington University, has labeled football a "concussion delivery system" for players.

"The settlement will have the unfortunate result of hiding from the American public all the dangers that the league has known about concussions and will allow them to perpetuate the myth that football is safe," Kaplen said.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Machado wrote: "and will allow them to perpetuate the myth that football is safe," Kaplen said.
Does anybody really believe that football is safe? :?
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

I've never understood why the NFL hasn't tried to teach players to tackle properly instead of just "hitting". Down the years they could have been teaching players that tackling properly could extend their careers and lives and stuff like this may never have come up. You can still make big hits while tackling properly. But instead the NFL brings in rules to stop high tackles and so the cowards hit people in the knees coz they have no idea how to wrap up, and no punishment against it.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Levi wanted everyone to say why their favorite team would win the Superbowl. I'm going to do the opposite. Don't get me wrong I love the Lions and think they could do well this year... but

Calvin Johnson hasn't played in three games because of a "minor injury". Which sounds a lot like, I hope to god he can heal and doesn't need season ending surgery by week 3.

For all the 100 something points they scored in preseason, Matt Stafford has scored just 7 of them. And he is looking a lot more like Tony Romo than Drew Brees.

They cut the player who has gotten them the most positive press in years. To make it worse he just had a try out with Green Bay.

They made a point in free agency to sign a big name running back to help balance out their offense. Instead that RB has become their 2nd best reciever.

Speaking of recievers, besides Bush and Johnson I'm not sure they have any. Against teams back ups they look good but put them in a starting line up and they suck. I would be all for an adderall scandal if they could catch a few balls before they got suspended.

On a positive note, they have a great Defense. One that is going to have half of it's players on ir by mid season because they are on the field for 85% of the game.

Here's hope some announcer will get to make this call. Stafford's looking for his Johnson, found him. Then he nails it into Bush, score!
scarred but smarter
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Adam Shefter reports Pats release Tim Tebow.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Are the Chargers going to be any good this year?

I'm not a huge football fan & do not follow the sport
as you harcores. I do watch it though.

If I had one team it would be the Chargers because back in
the day I used work for a ticket scalper & we would go down
to SD to work the games.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Hey Levi
How is that QB vs Head Coach situation working out in Washington this week?

RGIII and his larger than life ego vs. Shanahan and his ego will be once heck of a battle to watch week after week. Or until RGIII goes down with another knee injury during the season.

RGIII is worried about his brand and how many followers he has on Twitter.
The kid has his priorities all wrong and that alone will ruin the season for
the Skins.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

1 more season without the Direct TV NFL Package.
Since I'm a Dallas fan not having the NFL package is
disappointing. I had the package for a brief time back
in 2012.
Had to move and this new location where I am still at feature
a huge tree that is preventing the Direct TV dish from getting a signal.

FOOK!!!!!
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Machado wrote:1 more season without the Direct TV NFL Package.
in 2012.

FOOK!!!!!

I haven't had that NFL package in years. I still see close to 14 games of Dallas. No need for the package, fuck that overpriced POS deal. If I miss a game or two? Bars always have it..

Not sure where you are located but, in L.A. / Ventura County. They always be playing the Boys on TV. :D
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:
Machado wrote:1 more season without the Direct TV NFL Package.
in 2012.

FOOK!!!!!

I haven't had that NFL package in years. I still see close to 14 games of Dallas. No need for the package, fuck that overpriced POS deal. If I miss a game or two? Bars always have it..

Not sure where you are located but, in L.A. / Ventura County. They always be playing the Boys on TV. :D

In my area there are horrible, just awful sports bars that obviously
cater to the 49ers and Raiders.
I used to frequent a particular sports bar in a hotel but once they took away the breakfast menu and raised their lunch menu prices significantly, they lost my business.
Plus, this sports bar would have the audio of the 49ers or Raiders game loud enough for everybody to hear.
Which I understand. Cowboys are not the local team and the majority of people at the sports bars are there to watch the local teams.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Every year, I wait until directtv adds this to my bill automatically because I had it the year before. And every year I call and bitch and get it for less than half price.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

NeverSurrender wrote:Every year, I wait until directtv adds this to my bill automatically because I had it the year before. And every year I call and bitch and get it for less than half price.
Yep, they did it to me this year. Unfortunately I am going without this year. I wanted to get my normal rate lower, so I had to sacrifice.
scarred but smarter
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

I can't decide which NFL franchise is the worst at the moment.
The Jets for naming Geno Smith the starter at QB or
the Raiders for naming Pryor as the starting QB.

Both teams are going to wish they had Tim Tebow under center because
the 2 named starters are not NFL worthy QB's.