Tiger / Haney Question

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BLS-SDMF
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Tiger / Haney Question

Post by BLS-SDMF »

What's The Popsicle Incident? I read an article on yahoo sports and don't know the story behind it, anyone know? Here is the part from the article:

"When we were watching television after dinner, he'd sometimes go to the refrigerator to get a sugar-free popsicle," Haney writes. "But he never offered me one or ever came back with one, and one night I really wanted one of those popsicles. But I found myself sitting kind of frozen, not knowing what to do next. I didn't feel right just going to the refrigerator and taking one, and I kind of started laughing to myself at how hesitant I was to ask Tiger for one. It actually took me a while to summon the courage to blurt out, 'Hey, Bud, do you think I could have one of those popsicles?'" (Haney would eventually get his popsicle ... though, apparently, at the cost of some of his dignity.)
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Tiger / Haney Question

Post by ParaDime77 »

Haney is on the same level of asshole platform that Tiger is.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

ParaDime77 wrote:Haney is on the same level of asshole platform that Tiger is.

Yeah.

I really don't like Tiger very much (he's an asshole. He invented assholes), but this book/dirty laundry shit is for TMZ. Not liking it.
LillianRoxyFA
Headlining Clubs

Post by LillianRoxyFA »

BLS-SDMF wrote:What's The Popsicle Incident? I read an article on yahoo sports and don't know the story behind it, anyone know? Here is the part from the article:

"When we were watching television after dinner, he'd sometimes go to the refrigerator to get a sugar-free popsicle," Haney writes. "But he never offered me one or ever came back with one, and one night I really wanted one of those popsicles. But I found myself sitting kind of frozen, not knowing what to do next. I didn't feel right just going to the refrigerator and taking one, and I kind of started laughing to myself at how hesitant I was to ask Tiger for one. It actually took me a while to summon the courage to blurt out, 'Hey, Bud, do you think I could have one of those popsicles?'" (Haney would eventually get his popsicle ... though, apparently, at the cost of some of his dignity.)
Didn't you just explain what the popsicle incident was?

I pull for Tiger on the course because golf is more interesting with him winning. My guess is that he's one of the hugest assholes to walk the planet. No popsicle for you!
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times. I can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty.

-- George Burns
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

LillianRoxyFA wrote:
BLS-SDMF wrote:What's The Popsicle Incident? I read an article on yahoo sports and don't know the story behind it, anyone know? Here is the part from the article:

I pull for Tiger on the course because golf is more interesting with him winning. My guess is that he's one of the hugest assholes to walk the planet. No popsicle for you!

'Splain.

Golf has talent coming out the ying yang right now. Kinda insane if you look at it. I want to see 2 or 3 guys battling on Sunday, I seriously don't give a fuck if one of them is named Tiger.
LillianRoxyFA
Headlining Clubs

Post by LillianRoxyFA »

Tommy wrote:
LillianRoxyFA wrote:

'Splain.

Golf has talent coming out the ying yang right now. Kinda insane if you look at it. I want to see 2 or 3 guys battling on Sunday, I seriously don't give a fuck if one of them is named Tiger.
Yep the tour has tons of boring, lookalike dudes named Keegan and Hunter who are interchangable and who I could not care less about. Golf if the most fun when there is a clear leader, and some dudes chasing him. Tiger winning is a major story. Charles Schwartzel winning is a major snozzer. Golf needs star power more than a glut of talented, yet faceless players.

Splained.
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times. I can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty.

-- George Burns
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

LillianRoxyFA wrote: Yep the tour has tons of boring, lookalike dudes named Keegan and Hunter who are interchangable and who I could not care less about. Golf if the most fun when there is a clear leader, and some dudes chasing him. Tiger winning is a major story. Charles Schwartzel winning is a major snozzer. Golf needs star power more than a glut of talented, yet faceless players.

Splained.
Don't get on me because you're a star fucker.

Names/T-shirts do nothing for me.

Different strokes.
LillianRoxyFA
Headlining Clubs

Post by LillianRoxyFA »

Tommy wrote:
LillianRoxyFA wrote: Yep the tour has tons of boring, lookalike dudes named Keegan and Hunter who are interchangable and who I could not care less about. Golf if the most fun when there is a clear leader, and some dudes chasing him. Tiger winning is a major story. Charles Schwartzel winning is a major snozzer. Golf needs star power more than a glut of talented, yet faceless players.

Splained.

Different strokes.
Just telling it from my point of view. I love to watch golf and to play golf. I'd rather watch Tiger vs. Phil, Arnie vs. Jack, or Faldo vs. Norman. It's the classic personalities fighting it out. I'm not saying that Rory, Dustin Johnson, or Ricky Fowler won't get there, but none of the young guns seem to want to take the prize. I'm tired of watching (majors especially) a bunch of nobodys win. So sue me. All these guys can hit the shots. I need something else to hold my interest.

-- George Burns
BLS-SDMF

Post by BLS-SDMF »

LillianRoxyFA wrote:

i guess i thought there was more to the story than that.
i think he is one of the hugest assholes on the planet, can't think you'd find many people that would disagree with that.
BLS-SDMF

Post by BLS-SDMF »

LillianRoxyFA wrote:
Tommy wrote:

Splained.

Different strokes.
Just telling it from my point of view. I love to watch golf and to play golf. I'd rather watch Tiger vs. Phil, Arnie vs. Jack, or Faldo vs. Norman. It's the classic personalities fighting it out. I'm not saying that Rory, Dustin Johnson, or Ricky Fowler won't get there, but none of the young guns seem to want to take the prize. I'm tired of watching (majors especially) a bunch of nobodys win. So sue me. All these guys can hit the shots. I need something else to hold my interest.
I think Rory's already there, he is fun to watch.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

LillianRoxyFA wrote: Just telling it from my point of view. I love to watch golf and to play golf. I'd rather watch Tiger vs. Phil, Arnie vs. Jack, or Faldo vs. Norman. It's the classic personalities fighting it out. I'm not saying that Rory, Dustin Johnson, or Ricky Fowler won't get there, but none of the young guns seem to want to take the prize. I'm tired of watching (majors especially) a bunch of nobodys win. So sue me. All these guys can hit the shots. I need something else to hold my interest.

If you truly love golf you'll be fine every Sunday afternoon.