**OFFICIAL Association Football 2012/2013 Season thread**

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Re: **OFFICIAL Association Football 2012/2013 Season thread*

Post by MickeyG »

Bye bye Moyes, you cocksucker!
jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

Post by jellyheadrobertson »

MickeyG wrote:Bye bye Moyes, you cocksucker!
Tell us how you really feel Mickey:)
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

I had a "Moyes out" desktop background which I've now changed back to the United one I had before it.

Time to get back to competing in the top 4. Get a decent manager in, get rid of some of the deadwood, sign some replacements and get back to looking forward to games again! Yeehaw! :D
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Hellsinkey wrote:Moyes is sacked. :D :D Best news of the shite season.
Exactly what I thought. It was first thing I heard when I got up this morning. :D
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Come on City! Don't fuck this up now, you mercenary bastards!
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

They might win on goals again in the end.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Hopefully! :lol: I hear Brenton has had a bit of a meltdown in his after match press conference. Something about 2 parked buses and that he would never set a team up the way Jose did today. Fergie had many smash and grab wins away from home over the years, it's called "tactically outwitting your opponent".
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

MickeyG wrote:Hopefully! :lol: I hear Brenton has had a bit of a meltdown in his after match press conference. Something about 2 parked buses and that he would never set a team up the way Jose did today. Fergie had many smash and grab wins away from home over the years, it's called "tactically outwitting your opponent".
Considering how Liverpool players have been celebrating like they won the league half a dozen games ago, it would be hilarious to see them fall apart now, and lose on goal difference!

Come on City!

And if not City, then Chelsea!

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

pieceofme wrote:
Considering how Liverpool players have been celebrating like they won the league half a dozen games ago, it would be hilarious to see them fall apart now, and lose on goal difference!

Come on City!

And if not City, then Chelsea!
Although I think a lack of European football has helped them because of less games this season, they have been the best team to be fair. Their defence is dodgy, but going forward they've been awesome. Since the turn of the year they've been great. I hope city can do it, but I don't trust them completely to do it. I though Yaya was good against Palace, but he bottled it at Anfield. City still should have got something though, but for Kompany's Sunday league clearance.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Hellsinkey wrote:Image
Not as funny a stunt as the grim reaper that was behind him at Goodison. Pity the stewards threw him out.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

:lol:
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Stevie Me pushing away the cameras at Palace while Suarez was crying, wasn't that at Old Trafford when you were kissing them was it, you piece of shit!

Don't fuck this up now, City!
shocked_the_monkey
Born Under a Bad Sign

Post by shocked_the_monkey »

Never trust a manager who leaves Watford, they always fuck it up in the end. Graham Taylor, Malky McKay, Aidy Boothroyd, Brendan Rogers, Glenn Roeder....,
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

MickeyG wrote:Stevie Me pushing away the cameras at Palace while Suarez was crying, wasn't that at Old Trafford when you were kissing them was it, you piece of shit!

Don't fuck this up now, City!
I've never wanted City to win so badly. Which just goes to show who the true rival is.

Man, I hate Liverpool so much.

Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Damn, I saw the first half and quit because it was shite. Should have watched, it would have been worth it to see the collapse and Suarez crying.
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Post by CliffByford »

Still laughing now. Don't want any of those shits in the top two to win the title, but if one must capitulate, let it be in such hilarious fashion.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Hopefully, Louis Van Gaal will be named United manager tomorrow. Obviously, I'd pick Klopp, Guardiola, Mourinho or Ancelotti ahead of him but they aren't available and he is.
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

There was an interesting article in Finnish sports magazine Urheilulehti this week about Madchester. It featured the Class of '92 pulling the strings on Old Trafford. With Giggs being the interim manager and his assistants Scholes, P. Neville and Butt in tow. All of them pulling the rug whole season underneath Moyes and setting themselves up on United hierarchy.

The article made Van Gaal's task almost impossible when those four legends - and G. Neville and Beckham right around the corner - are plotting to get their beloved team back to them.

I think it's weird that if Giggs and co really liked and admired Sir Alex, why were they so against Moyes who was Ferguson's protege and picked by him to be his successor.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

ShearMagic wrote:There was an interesting article in Finnish sports magazine Urheilulehti this week about Madchester. It featured the Class of '92 pulling the strings on Old Trafford. With Giggs being the interim manager and his assistants Scholes, P. Neville and Butt in tow. All of them pulling the rug whole season underneath Moyes and setting themselves up on United hierarchy.

The article made Van Gaal's task almost impossible when those four legends - and G. Neville and Beckham right around the corner - are plotting to get their beloved team back to them.

I think it's weird that if Giggs and co really liked and admired Sir Alex, why were they so against Moyes who was Ferguson's protege and picked by him to be his successor.
Scholes wasn't at the club all season so I don't see how he could be involved. Phil Neville was part of Moyes team so can't see him involved either. Gary Neville has backed Moyes all season from his pulpit at Sky Sports. Giggs might have undermined him, and if he did it must have been with player support. Who knows.

Van Gaal won't take their bullshit. The fans are far more behind this appointment than they were for Moyes. They won't accept players pulling the bullshit Rio pulled this season. In fact, most want Rio out, as well as Evra and for Giggs to stop playing too. It's been enjoyable watching Liverpool bottle it when it was in their hands, but now we have to look forward, make changes and get back into the top 4.
jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

Before that we have to look forward for another crap England World Cup performance.
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Post by CliffByford »

And before that, we (rather, I) await with bated breath to see if QPR undeservedly regain a place in the Premier League via the playoffs.

On a different subject, what does everyone feel about Greg Dyke's proposal for a League 3 featuring B teams from the top clubs?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

In Germany, we have B-teams from league 3 on down. It's fucking bullshit.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Good, no unnecessary Europa League.
shocked_the_monkey
Born Under a Bad Sign

Post by shocked_the_monkey »

Seeing as I guess the majority of posters here are English, or at the very least like laughing at the English, what do you think of the England squad...

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Fraser Forster (Celtic).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (England), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United).

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Attackers: Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United).

IMO apart from Lampard, better to fail with players who have the potential to improve than fail with players who can't improve and have already failed before. Although I would have left out Johnson (liability at defending) and Lampard (still decent enough to play, but old and have England ever worked out how to play him and Gerrard together?)
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Johnson is just terrible. How he can be described as a defender is beyond me. Should be no where near an England shirt.

Not too fussed about Lampard going. Pretty indifferent to that.

And who is Fraser Forster! Kind of sad the state of English goalkeeping these days.

Overall, I quite like the squad though. We'll see how it goes. In some ways I hope we don't win it, because seeing Gerrard lift the World Cup would be unbearable.

Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Midfield and attack should be alright. Defence is questionable, with the best players on the left. There's just one goalie really. I hope England would do well, but it will be probably down to penalties again. :lol: