ESPN 30 for 30 returns Oct 7

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: ESPN 30 for 30 returns Oct 7

Post by Crazy Levi »

Is there any chance we can get you to shut the fuck up about these goddamn 30 for 30s?

This may shock you, but most of us have ESPN, and most of us will be subjected to approximately 3 advertisements for these things for every 10 minutes we watch.

Between the "Machado Redskins News Wire" and "Machado Presents: 30 for 30" how do you have time to make a living? I assume you are doing the above work pro bono. (look it up).
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:Is there any chance we can get you to shut the fuck up about these goddamn 30 for 30s?

This may shock you, but most of us have ESPN, and most of us will be subjected to approximately 3 advertisements for these things for every 10 minutes we watch.

Between the "Machado Redskins News Wire" and "Machado Presents: 30 for 30" how do you have time to make a living? I assume you are doing the above work pro bono. (look it up).
Levi
You mean nothing to me. Your jokes are weak. Your favorite football is the laughing stock of the NFL.

Replying to your post here is amusing to me and I will not stop. If only to irritate you further.
Are you mad? Get madder!

Good day!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

New season began last night with the film
about USC football under Pete Carroll

'Trojan War' covers rise and fall of Pete Carroll's USC dynasty
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

See post at the top of this page.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

P13 wannabe wrote: Levi
You mean nothing to me. Your jokes are weak. Your favorite football is the laughing stock of the NFL.

Replying to your post here is amusing to me and I will not stop. If only to irritate you further.
Are you mad? Get madder!

Good day!
Practically word for word.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Machado, tell meathead he's the same guy who shit the locker room up with tales of his shit, one legged qb for a good year and a half.

Because he did.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

NeverSurrender wrote:Machado, tell meathead he's the same guy who shit the locker room up with tales of his shit, one legged qb for a good year and a half.

Because he did.
I have an idea you tell him.

Anyway, Levi has a hard on for bitching and complaining. Currently none of his professional sports team are excelling, so he has no choice but to try to rain on the parade.
30 for 30 aired another great episode this week
John Dupont and Foxcatcher
I've seen the film so I was looking forward to this new ESPN special. Unfortunately the running time was only 60 minutes.
Very well put together with a lot of home video footage from Dupont. Interesting to hear from his ex wife.
As a child John's mom had to pay kids to hang out with his son.
John literally did the same by paying wrestlers to hang out with him.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:Machado, tell meathead he's the same guy who shit the locker room up with tales of his shit, one legged qb for a good year and a half.

Because he did.
:lol:

Owned.

By Machado.

Nobody wants to be your friend, fat Truther. Nice try.

Machado, please tell Truther I saw the 30 30 on USC /Carroll tonight and it was really good. We aren't speaking right now but I want him to know that.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote:

Because he did.

Owned.

By Machado.

Nobody wants to be your friend, fat Truther. Nice try.

Machado, please tell Truther I saw the 30 30 on USC /Carroll tonight and it was really good. We aren't speaking right now but I want him to know that.
Fuck that. You tell him :lol: :lol:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The new season is picking up where the previous season left off.

This week there was the 2 hour movie about former Colorado Buffalo
coach and his preaching ways. Very good film about how he took a terrible team, recruited kids from "the ghetto" and took on the Big 8 top schools, Nebraska and OU.
Of course despite all his preaching ways, he cheated on his wife.
And his daughter had a baby with the star QB back in '89.
Last edited by Machado on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Missed the CU one but the USC one was pretty good really looking forward to watching the Holyfield/Tyson story next week.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:Missed the CU one but the USC one was pretty good really looking forward to watching the Holyfield/Tyson story next week.
IMO, the CU film was much better than the USC film. Maybe because I dislike Carroll and feel like USC deserved what they got in the end by the NCAA.

I didn't know much about CU except they used to suck, climbed the rankings back in '89/'90 and had to share the NCAA title with G. Tech.
The coach was an interesting guy. The interview with him and his former players from present day was entertaining to watch. Those kids were from the ghetto and wanted to play at Nebraska, but the coach was a great salesman and steered those kids to his school.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:The new season is picking up where the previous have left off.
What in the fucking hell does this even mean, Machado?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote:The new season is picking up where the previous have left off.
What in the fucking hell does this even mean, Machado?
You are consistent, amigo. You take the bait without fail.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Chasing Tyson was great, showed what a real bitch Tyson really was, avoided Evander like the plague, fight finally gets the go ahead, bows out with an elbow injury, goes to jail, fights bums while avoiding Lewis and Holyfield when released, Finally fights Evander because He had a supposed heart problem and gets fucking destroyed. Brought back some good memories, was always great seeing the bully who fought tomato cans get pummeled by real HW greats.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

dtmfs wrote:Chasing Tyson was great, showed what a real bitch Tyson really was, avoided Evander like the plague, fight finally gets the go ahead, bows out with an elbow injury, goes to jail, fights bums while avoiding Lewis and Holyfield when released, Finally fights Evander because He had a supposed heart problem and gets fucking destroyed. Brought back some good memories, was always great seeing the bully who fought tomato cans get pummeled by real HW greats.
I agree. I think the best part was how the director of the film only conducted 3 live interviews to help tell the story
Tyson, Holyfield and Jim Gray. That aspect alone allowed the film to tell a accurate story.
Tyson was so overrated. Especially around the time when Holyfield was primed to take his belt away. I never get tired of watching the footage of Tyson getting KO'd by Buster in Japan.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Machado wrote: I agree. I think the best part was how the director of the film only conducted 3 live interviews to help tell the story
Tyson, Holyfield and Jim Gray. That aspect alone allowed the film to tell a accurate story.
Tyson was so overrated. Especially around the time when Holyfield was primed to take his belt away. I never get tired of watching the footage of Tyson getting KO'd by Buster in Japan.
It also addressed the head butt excuses that Tyson fan boys have used for years as the reason he couldn't beat Holyfield, Tyson in the ring after the fight said "I butted him too" of course He landed the only intentional butt in the first fight and he buckled his own knees. Yes in his prime He had the tools to be a top 5 HW, maybe the best, He just never had the heart or brains, so overrated it's not even funny, the guy actually paid money to NOT fight Lennox Lewis, baddest man on the planet indeed.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

dtmfs wrote:
Machado wrote: I agree. I think the best part was how the director of the film only conducted 3 live interviews to help tell the story
It also addressed the head butt excuses that Tyson fan boys have used for years as the reason he couldn't beat Holyfield, Tyson in the ring after the fight said "I butted him too" of course He landed the only intentional butt in the first fight and he buckled his own knees. Yes in his prime He had the tools to be a top 5 HW, maybe the best, He just never had the heart or brains, so overrated it's not even funny, the guy actually paid money to NOT fight Lennox Lewis, baddest man on the planet indeed.
You are correct. Tyson was ready to use any and all excuses for his behavior and how he could not defeat Holyfield. From the head butt to the biting his ears, etc.
I admit I drank the Tyson kool-aid and believed he would go 100-0 with 90 plus knockouts. History has proven that was never the case and he was nowhere near the "great fighter" the media led us all to believe.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Never really paid that much attention to Holyfield's crazy religous beliefs, being healed by an evangelist being the craziest part, He was the Tebow of his time right there with Reggie white, only difference being they were both great at their craft.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Machado wrote:You are correct. Tyson was ready to use any and all excuses for his behavior and how he could not defeat Holyfield. From the head butt to the biting his ears, etc.
I admit I drank the Tyson kool-aid and believed he would go 100-0 with 90 plus knockouts. History has proven that was never the case and he was nowhere near the "great fighter" the media led us all to believe.
I was young and new to Boxing, back then it was incredible watching him KO opponent after opponent. Then you look back on his resume and the biggest name on it is what, Spinks? who was a light heavy coming out of retirement, Holyfield has 3 fights with a then Damn good Riddick Bowe, Forman, who Tyson wanted no part of either, an older version of Holmes just like mike, Mercer, Moorer, and He at least wanted to fight Lewis who while boring was easily the best heavy of that era. Tyson could beat anyone who went into the ring afraid and he played the part with his menacing stares but when the guys weren't afraid iron turned to aluminum and was ripe for the picking.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

dtmfs wrote:
Machado wrote:You are correct. Tyson was ready to use any and all excuses for his behavior and how he could not defeat Holyfield. From the head butt to the biting his ears, etc.
I was young and new to Boxing, back then it was incredible watching him KO opponent after opponent. Then you look back on his resume and the biggest name on it is what, Spinks? who was a light heavy coming out of retirement, Holyfield has 3 fights with a then Damn good Riddick Bowe, Forman, who Tyson wanted no part of either, an older version of Holmes just like mike, Mercer, Moorer, and He at least wanted to fight Lewis who while boring was easily the best heavy of that era. Tyson could beat anyone who went into the ring afraid and he played the part with his menacing stares but when the guys weren't afraid iron turned to aluminum and was ripe for the picking.
IMO, Spinks was the most afraid boxer of them all. He wore the 2 knee braces and looked liked someone that was ready to run away and fast. The blows he took in the 1st round should not have knocked him out. I'm not saying the punches were soft, I'm just saying all Spinks needed were those 2 blows to call it a night.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Machado wrote: IMO, Spinks was the most afraid boxer of them all. He wore the 2 knee braces and looked liked someone that was ready to run away and fast. The blows he took in the 1st round should not have knocked him out. I'm not saying the punches were soft, I'm just saying all Spinks needed were those 2 blows to call it a night.
Oh no doubt, He was scared shitless, it was a performance Mcneeley would duplicate in the 90's, funny thing is Mcneeley wasent as scared but like spinks was obviously there for a pay day, who could forget the pizza commericial? Spinks at least was a great fighter at one time.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

ESPN Films' "30 for 30" series will continue Dec. 12 when the Buffalo Bills' four Super Bowl teams of the early 1990s are featured in "Four Falls of Buffalo."

The film, directed by Ken Rodgers and produced by NFL Films, will premiere at 9:30 p.m. ET following the Heisman Trophy presentation on ESPN.

“Four Falls of Buffalo” features interviews with Jim Kelly, Scott Norwood, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed, Marv Levy, Bill Polian, Bill Belichick and others.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

dtmfs wrote:
Machado wrote: IMO, Spinks was the most afraid boxer of them all. He wore the 2 knee braces and looked liked someone that was ready to run away and fast. The blows he took in the 1st round should not have knocked him out. I'm not saying the punches were soft, I'm just saying all Spinks needed were those 2 blows to call it a night.
Oh no doubt, He was scared shitless, it was a performance Mcneeley would duplicate in the 90's, funny thing is Mcneeley wasent as scared but like spinks was obviously there for a pay day, who could forget the pizza commericial? Spinks at least was a great fighter at one time.

Why Spinks fought Tyson is a bit confounding. He was undefeated in his career, and retired right after Tyson pwnt him. If he'd retired undefeated, he could have commanded bigger money to unretire at some poit, I would imagine...

I'm sure he got a good payday, but if he knew he was gonna get his ass kicked, you'd think it wasnt a smart move.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

HueyRamone wrote:
dtmfs wrote:

Why Spinks fought Tyson is a bit confounding. He was undefeated in his career, and retired right after Tyson pwnt him. If he'd retired undefeated, he could have commanded bigger money to unretire at some poit, I would imagine...

I'm sure he got a good payday, but if he knew he was gonna get his ass kicked, you'd think it wasnt a smart move.
I disagree.

he came back for the money, for a HUGE payday. He knew it would be his last fight. And while he got his ass kicked he didn't really. He got hit hard, decided it was gonna be a long day, and called it a night.

It wasn't just a "good payday," it was $13.5 million. More than he had earned in TOTAL in his storied career.

In reality it was a pretty smart move. He was basically retired. His last fight was another creampuff payday against Gerry Cooney. And for 90 seconds of embarrasment he made a ton of cash and never had to get hit in the ring again. In fact, he's one of the FEW fighters who got out of the game on his own terms, with good timing.

I'm sure he ended up just fine. If he had squandered his fortune we would have seen him back in the ring sometime in the 1990s and it never happened. Spinks retired both rich AND healthy which never fucking happens in boxing. I doubt he has any regrets.
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

Crazy Levi wrote:Is there any chance we can get you to shut the fuck up about these goddamn 30 for 30s?

:lol: :lol:
Whoopie on Mojo "I do. If you dont like it , then take your cockeyed horseface to another post. :twisted:"
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

dtmfs wrote:

Wasn't Spinks still fighting then? He'd taken the title from Holmes on a fluke and then got dismantled by Tyson
Whoopie on Mojo "I do. If you dont like it , then take your cockeyed horseface to another post. :twisted:"
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

lemmysmole wrote: Wasn't Spinks still fighting then? He'd taken the title from Holmes on a fluke and then got dismantled by Tyson
Spinks wasn't really retired but wasn't very active. He was fighting once a year basically. He'd lost the belt because he decided to take an easy payday against Cooney after beating Holmes twice. He was undefeated with a legit claim on the title when he fought Tyson, which is why he got such a big payday for it. Two undefeated champs....that's why this fight was so hyped up.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Four Falls of Buffalo or as Dallas fans like to refer to them,
Boy
I
Love
Losing
Super Bowls

Pretty good film. Did all NFL teams have a rally after losing a SB or was it just small towns like Buffalo? What is there to celebrate you lost the big game. No need for a "rally"
The film ends with Norwood making the kick vs Giants. Hilarious. I'm sure many Bills fans now think they have 1 SB win :lol:

Next film is in late January about the 1985 Bears
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

new episode debuts tomorrow night, Oct 18.
Phi Slama Jama
documentary about the Houston Cougars basketball team. should be another great episode. difficult
to follow up the outstanding 5 part series about O.J. that aired earlier this year.
Tuesday, 5 pm Pacific time

Dunks and high flying and them Jheri Curls