Let the ROY voting begin

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Let the ROY voting begin

Post by Luminiferous »

With Week 17 now in the books, Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson have done all they can do.

Sure, all three quarterbacks are headed to the playoffs, but what they do there technically shouldn't have any bearing on who the voters select for Offensive Rookie of the Year.

This has been a truly special year for the newbies.

Not only have we seen three once-in-a-decade quarterbacks arrive to completely turn around their franchises in the same year, but two running backs have quietly entrenched themselves as among the five best in the league.

In most years, running backs like Alfred Morris and Doug Martin—who many feel were snubbed out of Pro Bowl nods—would be inordinately qualified for this prestigious award, but the unique season has them shockingly outside of contention.

Instead, it's all about the quarterbacks. Let's take a look at what each of the ginormous, record-breaking three did in their final Rookie of the Year auditions.

Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts

It was a pretty typical Sunday for Luck: underwhelming box score, remarkable win.

Luck struggled a bit with his accuracy as he completed just 50 percent of his passes (14-of-28) for a meager 191 yards, but he took care of the ball (zero interceptions), threw two touchdowns—including one on a drool-worthy throw to T.Y. Hilton—and led his squad to a monumental 28-16 home win over the Houston Texans.

Again, that's just Luck being Luck.

His stats are the weakest part of his resume. The 4,374 yards and 23 touchdowns are impressive, but that's partly been a result of a massive 627 pass attempts (over 39 per game) as he completed just over 54 percent of his throws and tossed an unhealthy 18 interceptions.

Still, the Colts defense, in terms of both points and yards, hasn't been much better than last year. The offense is riddled with fellow rookies. Yet Luck—thanks to his NFL-leading seven game-winning drives—has been the integral part in turning this from a two-win team to an 11-win playoff team.

Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks

Ho-hum. Just another game decent game for the guy who's too short to see over the steering wheel:

Wilson completed 78.9 percent of his throws for 250 yards (a season-high 13.16 yards per attempt) and a touchdown to go along with another 58 yards on the ground and the game-winning rushing score.

The win, which propelled the 'Hawks to 11-5, didn't end up making any difference for Seattle in terms of seeding—but it was a fitting way for Wilson to cap off his season, which saw him account for 30 touchdowns (26 passing, four rushing), finish with a QB rating of 100.0 and finish in the top five in the NFL in yards per pass attempt with 7.93.

Those who object to Wilson will point to his mediocre first half of the season and the fact that he is surrounded by an elite running back and defense.

But it's hard to imagine the Seahawks being anywhere near their current position without Wilson working his scrambling magic and playing like arguably the best QB in the league over the second half of the season.

Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins

Griffin was playing on precisely one-and-a-half legs on Sunday and only threw for 100 yards, but he somehow limped his way to 63 rushing yards and a touchdown and managed to help the 'Skins beat the Dallas Cowboys and advance to the playoffs.

To try to put RGIII's worth simply: He has changed the game.

Many thought the option couldn't be run in the NFL, but the former Baylor star has come in and run it flawlessly from the very start, leading the Redskins from five wins in 2011 to 10 wins and a division title this season.

The stats work pretty well in his favor, too: 3,200 passing yards on just under 66 percent passing, 20 passing TDs to just five interceptions, over 800 rushing yards, another seven scores via the ground and a QB rating of over 100.

Seriously, those just aren't things that normal rookies are supposed to accomplish (which, of course, can also be said about Luck and Wilson).

So, yeah, good luck, voters.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1462 ... ng-week-17
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Re: Let the ROY voting begin

Post by SkyDog112046 »

It will be Griffin. He has had clearly a better season than Luck and has done more with less than Wilson.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

SkyDog112046 wrote:It will be Griffin. He has had clearly a better season than Luck and has done more with less than Wilson.
What do you think the chances are that Luck finishes third?
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:It will be Griffin. He has had clearly a better season than Luck and has done more with less than Wilson.
I dunno. Griffin should win. Luck threw too many picks to warrant any real consideration. After that it doesn't really matter who finishes where.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
I dunno. Griffin should win. Luck threw too many picks to warrant any real consideration. After that it doesn't really matter who finishes where.
I'm surprised you even have time to watch football given that you're a pro bodybuilder. :lol:
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Here is your winner:

DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Here is your winner:

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Crazy Levi wrote:Here is your winner:

Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

poizond13 wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:Here is your winner:

Greg, you have 3-4 other threads of your own to Coltroll, fuck off out of this one with your Dolts pictures and let people actually DISCUSS the topic...

Stupid kid... :lol:
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Thus far Wilson is winning that poll with RG3 close behind, Luck is where We thought he'd be but I'd actually say Morris should finish a spot above him knocking him into 4th. Seriously Who had a better season at their position. Morris or Jeff George 2.0???, Hmmmm.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Winner: Russell Wilson, Seahawks.

Runner-up: Robert Griffin, III, Redskins; Andrew Luck, Colts.

Honorable mention: Alfred Morris, Redskins; Doug Martin, Buccaneers.

The AP award likely will go to either of the top two picks in the draft, but it shouldn’t. Wilson entered the league short on height and long on smarts and talent and determination. Russell Wilson commanded the No. 1 spot on the depth chart in Seattle, beating out big-money free-agent Matt Flynn and incumbent starter Tarvaris Jackson, and Wilson then began to prove week-in and week-out that he is as good as his more famous counterparts who were selected much higher.

Despite the 11-5 record for the Colts, Luck had too many turnovers (contributing to a mediocre passer rating of 76.5), and Griffin missed a game and crunch time in another due to an inability to avoid contact. While Luck broke Cam Newton’s rookie passing yardage record, Wilson tied Peyton Manning’s record for touchdown passes by a rookie — and Wilson showed that he could run the ball effectively (489 yards, four touchdowns) without getting hit or, in turn, hurt.

The best news is that the three rookie quarterbacks all made it to the playoffs, and they’ll all make their postseason debuts on the same day.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... on-awards/
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

RGTebow won't last in this league unless Shannahan can teach him how to run a pro style offense. He's never proven that he can run such a system. This gimmicky read option bullshit is great in College but it's not a long term solution for success in the NFL. Sooner or later teams will figure it out and stop it. That's when the Skins will fall flat on their faces and realize they don't have a QB who can pass the ball. Might even happen this weekend against Seattle. Watching the Skins reminds me a lot of watching the Broncos from last year. Hand off the ball, run the QB option, every now and then hit a slant off play action. :lol:

Luck is already playing the role of an NFL veteran in a fully pro offense. There are no restrictions on what he can do. The whole playbook is open for him, and Gimmicks are not needed. It's a vertical offense and he's asked to do a lot more than RGTebow.

bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

poizond13 wrote:Here is your winner:

Look at those tiny arms. Hank Hill would smoke them arms!
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Griffin vs Luck:
Average game for each

Griffin
Passing: 18 for 26, 213 yds, 8.2 yd Avg, 1 TD, 0 INT, 102 RAT
Rushing: 8 Att for 54 yds, 6.8 Avg
Between passing & rushing he is yielding almost 2 TDs per game and a turnover every other game.

Luck
Passing: 21 for 39, 273 yds, 7.0 Avg, 1 TD, 1 INT 76.5 RAT
Rushing: 4 Att for 16 yds, 4.1 Avg
Between passing & rushing he is yielding almost 2 TDs per game with a little over a turner each game.

They are accounting for similar yardage and scores per game. The biggest differences are that Griffin is putting up those numbers with 80% of the attempts that Luck is and that Luck is giving up the ball more than twice the amount that Griffin is. Griffin is clearly a more efficient QB and he is protecting the ball better. That translates into more rushing attempts for his RBs, better overall field position for his team, and less time on the field for his defense. A check of the stats shows Washington is averaging over 30 seconds per game in time of possession than Indy.

If I was a GM on draft day and both Griffin and Luck were available, I'd draft Luck because I believe he will continue to develop and win more games over the course of his career than Griffin. However, based on 2012 alone, Griffin has been better and deserves Rookie of the Year.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Everybody knows that RG3 had a better year by Luck, by far. Everybody knows that Luck is bringing up the rear behind Wilson and RG3 (and maybe Alfred Morris) when it comes to Rookie of the Year.

Everybody knows that peeling off 7 straight and winning a DIVISION TITLE is a greater accomplishment than winning a Wild Card in a terrible division. And everybody knows that Cam Newton won ROY with 6 wins last year, and that that shit ain't really very important anyway when voters pick ROY.

Everybody knows Luck's turnovers are atrocious. Everyone knows that 50% completion on the season is atrocious.

Everybody knows that Luck ain't gonna win Rookie of the Year.

So why are we arguing about this? The bet is set, and there is nothing that can be said here that's gonna change the result. I don't see who Gregg is trying to convince - he ain't gonna change OUR minds, and you can surely bet that none of the AP voters are gonna read his drivel.

Seems Gregg is trying to convince himself. Well hey man, knock yourself out. I'd be worried too. When you accepted this bet, the Skins were 4-6, and the Colts were cupcaking their way to the playoffs despite Golden Boy's terrible statistics. Hey, it looked like a sure thing for you at the time.

I couldn't believe you accepted the bet actually...in a way it was a bit of a bluff that I didn't think you'd call, since you have no balls at all, even with the deck stacked in your favor at the time.

But I had a hunch that the Skins were about to go on a roll. Didn't realize how historic of a roll it was gonna be, but hey, yay for me.

Regardless, in a few weeks, we'll find out who wins it.

Now I'm not 100% positive it'll be RG3.

But I'm 100% positive it won't be Luck. It's nice to be playing with house money on this sig bet. I got nothing to lose really, while you are trying desperately to convince yourself that you actually have a chance.
:lol:

All I can say is enjoy the next month of sweating bullets. I know - at the very least - that I ain't gonna lose. Can you say the same thing?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

It would be sweet justice if after purposely tanking the season last year so they could draft number one that Luck turns out to be a int. throwing mofo his entire career.

Now to answer the question it is RG3 all the way the guy is not just another football player he is box office.

What I mean by that is he's one of those players you just want to watch on Sunday's cause you just know something special could happen ala Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, AD, he's one of those players that make the NFL the ratings king that it is.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

eddie lee roth wrote:It would be sweet justice if after purposely tanking the season last year so they could draft number one that Luck turns out to be a int. throwing mofo his entire career.

Now to answer the question it is RG3 all the way the guy is not just another football player he is box office.

What I mean by that is he's one of those players you just want to watch on Sunday's cause you just know something special could happen ala Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, AD, he's one of those players that make the NFL the ratings king that it is.
Yep. The funny thing is, when I went to a road game this year, Philly, ALL anybody could talk about was RG3.

This is Philly. These people have a rep as lowlife cretins who make life hell for visiting players and fans.

And they WANTED to watch RG3 play. They were excited about it, and that's what they were saying to us in the parking lots and at the tailgates.

In Dallas on Thanksgiving, they were chanting RG3 at the end of the game.

Nobody gives a fuck about seeing Andrew Luck play.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

pretty much, I think it comes down to Griffin or Wilson, Luck blew his chance with his horrid TD/INT ratio, All P13 keeps spewing about is yards and comebacks. RG3 and Wilson doninate him in every other catagory statistically, only the worst kind of blind homer would think Luck deserves ROY over the other 3 candidates. There for awhile it kind of looked close between the top 2 picks, but here we are at the end of the season and Luck is the 4th best rookie. Fucking 4rth :lol:
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Yea with the way the game is played today and the way they have it set up to protect the QB the whole yards thing is overrated.

It was like when Drew Brees broke whatever record it was this year (can't remember) it was yea that's nice but it really wasn't like wow now that's impressive sorta like AD's pursuit of the rushing record now that was impressive.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Andrew Luck: Colts QB Is Clear Choice for Offensive Rookie of the Year
By
Nicholas Goss
(Featured Columnist) on December 30, 2012

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck is the clear choice for NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year because he has been responsible for more of his team's success than other top candidates such as Washington Redskins star Robert Griffin III and Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson.

Griffin and Wilson have been helped by the league's No. 1 and No. 2 rushing attack, respectively, while the Colts running game ranks 22nd.

Luck has not been able to benefit from the play-action pass much this season and doesn't have a 1,000-yard running back to prevent opposing defenses from primarily focusing on stopping the passing game.

The lack of a strong running game has forced Luck to attempt 599 passes through 15 games, which is the most among all rookie quarterbacks.

The Colts have asked Luck to be responsible for most of the team's success on offense, and he has responded with one of the finest seasons by a rookie quarterback in NFL history.

Hi-res-153627492_crop_exact Andy Lyons/Getty Images

Not only has he set the NFL record for passing yards by a rookie, but Luck has also helped the Colts secure a playoff spot in the AFC just one year after the franchise finished 2-14 without Peyton Manning.

Nobody expected the Colts to make the playoffs, or even win 10 games. Without Luck, the Colts are probably one of the teams hoping to get the No. 1 pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.

The defense has played well at times, but Indianapolis ranks 19th in pass defense and 30th in run defense. Luck hasn't had the luxury of an elite defense, while Wilson has a great defense and Griffin has a top-run defense.

Statistically speaking, Luck is deserving of this award. He leads all rookies in passing yards (seventh in NFL) and is second in touchdowns with 21. He has also rushed for 254 yards with five touchdowns.

Who should win Offensive Rookie of the Year?
Russell Wilson
6.5%
Robert Griffin III
8.1%
Andrew Luck
84.9%

Other
0.5%
Total votes: 1,069

Luck's challenge of bringing the Colts to the playoffs this season was much more difficult than Griffin or Wilson leading their teams to the postseason.

Without a top defense or a star running back, Luck has been under so much pressure this season to perform at a high level. If he doesn't play well, it's incredibly tough for the Colts to win games.

If Wilson or Griffin struggle, the Seahawks and Redskins can still win by running the football effectively and playing great defense. The Colts aren't going to beat teams consistently if they have to rely on their running game and defense.

Luck has played a larger role in his team's success than Griffin and Wilson have, and when you combine that with a strong statistical season, the Colts quarterback becomes the clear choice for the 2012 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year award.

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

If you look hard enough, you can find an article supporting any player for any award. I'm sure there are plenty of articles supporting Griffin, Wilson, and Luck for RotY. And don't put any weight on certain sportswriters that are nothing but homers as there are plenty of them out there. Look at what the statistics say and what the neutral observers are saying. Look at all the statistics, not just the one or two that favor your choice - look at all of them. Griffin has had the better season in 2012.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

poizond13 wrote:Andrew Luck: Colts QB Is Clear Choice for Offensive Rookie of the Year
By
Nicholas Goss
"Nicholas Goss is an NHL and Boston Bruins featured columnist for Bleacher Report, and was the organization's on-site reporter for the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals in Boston. He is also a member of B/R's breaking news team."

poizond13 wrote:Look at all the people saying Luck should win the ROY. Levy and dtmfs heads are spinning. They're sweating bullets because they know what's coming. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/12/28/ ... f-the-year
"Again, he's not going to win it, even though he should."

Stampede Blue, an Indianapolis Colts community

Sounds like a buncha little Greg's over there..

:lol: :lol: :lol:
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Isn't Stampede Blue the website who also said that the Colts cheated by losing on purpose to get a high draft pick?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
crabfan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by crabfan »

I'm guessing it might depend on who gets the farthest in the playoffs. I'm pulling for Wilson.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Luminiferous wrote:
poizond13 wrote:Andrew Luck: Colts QB Is Clear Choice for Offensive Rookie of the Year
By
Nicholas Goss
"Nicholas Goss is an NHL and Boston Bruins featured columnist for Bleacher Report, and was the organization's on-site reporter for the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals in Boston. He is also a member of B/R's breaking news team."

:roll: No surprise there what so ever.
This is probably his theme song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNM4atakanI
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Oh we are back to posting articles again?

Ok, well this seals it. RG3, Rookie of the Year. And I was worried about Wilson!

-----
Washington Redskins' RGIII Is the Unquestioned NFL Rookie of the Year

Luck took a two-win organization in 2011 to 10 wins and a postseason-berth in 2012. Wilson improved his team's win total from seven last year to a playoff-clinching 11 this year. He also defeated some of the league's top teams along the way, including those led by by veteran stars Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, Tom Brady, Jay Cutler and Sam Bradford.

So, why should RGIII get the nod over these two well-deserving rookies?

One convincing reason was his ability to mesh with other Redskins newcomers, like Pierre Garcon and Josh Morgan. Griffin also played a dynamic role in flipping Washington's record from 5-11 to 10-6.

But for a better perspective, let's take the final stats of all three rookie QBs into account.

Passing Yards: Luck (4,374), Griffin (3,200), Wilson (3,118)

Rushing Yards: Griffin (Rookie Record 815), Wilson (489), Luck (255)

Interceptions/Fumbles Lost: Griffin (5/2), Wilson (10/3), Luck (18/5)

Total Turnovers: Griffin (7), Wilson (13), Luck (23)

Sacks: Griffin (30), Wilson (33), Luck (41)

Passer Rating: Griffin (Rookie Record 102.4), Wilson (100.0), Luck (76.5)

Completion Percentage: Griffin (65.6), Wilson (64.1), Luck (54.1)

4th Quarter Comebacks: Luck (4), Griffin (3), Wilson (3)

Out of the eight categories above, RGIII won six of them to Luck's two. Meanwhile, Wilson wasn't much of a winner or a loser. In fact, he was runner-up in six categories and has his own supporters, including NFL Network analyst and former Baltimore Ravens coach Brian Billick.

"When they were picked No. 1 and No. 2, [everyone knew that] Luck and RGIII were were going to be the starters from day one," said Billick, via NFL.com. "Wilson came in as an unheralded third-round draft choice, under the assumption that Matt Flynn was going to be the starter. For him to take control of the team, I don’t know if he’s deserving of it, but it’s certainly a compelling story."

Luck's record-shattering year was quite compelling as well. His 11 wins are the most by a rookie quarterback taken No. 1 overall in the draft. His 627 attempts are 34 more than the previous rookie mark set by St. Louis quarterback Sam Bradford. Luck's 4,374 yards were better than the 4,051 Carolina's Cam Newton threw for last year.

And according to IndyStar.com, Luck set rookie records for most 300-yard games (six), most yards passing in a game (433 vs. Miami) and tied Peyton Manning's NFL record for most game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime with seven. Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger held the previous rookie record of five in 2004.

But Andrew's luck will run out among voters because of his underwhelming passer rating, low completion percentage and 23 turnovers. "Luck struggled with accuracy for at least five weeks," points out NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal. Rosenthal also agrees with me that the award should belong to RGIII.

We're talking about a guy who directed an offense that finished first in the NFL in yards per play (6.18) and passing yards (7.87). Griffin also led the Redskins to their first division title since 1999, their first postseason appearance since 2007 and just their second home playoff game ever at FedEx Field.

He also didn't have the luxury of playing in a pro-style offense like Luck did in college.

During NBC's Sunday night telecast of Washington's 28-18 win over Dallas, I couldn't help but take note of what Chris Collinsworth had to say about Griffin's intelligence, work ethic and ability to soak up a system that coaches Mike and Kyle Shanahan created just for him.

"RGIII didn’t have a playbook in college," Collinsworth explained. "He didn’t know a route tree. Mike and Kyle didn’t care. They said we’re going to teach him and let him audible from Day 1."

And that gave Griffin the freedom to share the ball with others as he saw fit. The greatest beneficiary of this was Washington's other sparkling rookie, Alfred Morris, who's Griffin's personal choice for NFL Rookie of the Year.

It's hard to argue with Griff's opinion because Morris was the league's biggest surprise in 2012. Drafted last April in the sixth round, Morris finished off a record-breaking season with a finale for the ages. Morris gutted the Cowboys defense for 200 yards and three touchdowns on 33 carries, en route to breaking Clinton Portis' franchise record for rushing yards in a season. Almo finished with 1,613 yards, compared to Portis' 1,516 in 2005.

But some have argued that Morris has been the beneficiary of Mike Shanahan's zone blocking scheme that made stars out of numerous backs under Shanny in Denver. That may be true, but I believe Morris' success also stems from Griffin's unique ability to keep defenses on their heels.

There's no question that the read-option style offense turned Washington's running game upside down. Griffin and Morris accounted for nearly 90 percent of the Redskins' rushing yardage. In 2012, Washington ranked No. 1, with over 160 yards rushing per game. That's a startling improvement over 2011, when the Skins ranked 25th (100.9) and 2010, when they were 30th overall (91.3).

If they could, Griffin and Morris would be probably be happy to share the Rookie of the Year Award. But Morris would prefer to stay under the radar and let the charismatic Griffin shine instead.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

LOL @ Jeff George 2.0 = Andrew Suck

-----------------------------------

Rookie of the year:

Robert Griffin III
Russell Wilson
Alfred Morris
Doug Martin

Passer Rating: Griffin (Rookie Record 102.4), Wilson (100.0), Luck (76.5)
Interceptions/Fumbles Lost: Griffin (5/2), Wilson (10/3), Luck (18/5)
Total Turnovers: Griffin (7), Wilson (13), Luck (23)
Completion Percentage: Griffin (65.6), Wilson (64.1), Luck (54.1)
Rushing Yards: Griffin (Rookie Record 815), Wilson (489), Luck (255)

--------------------------

Passer rating:

#3 Robert Griffin III, QB
#4 Russell Wilson, QB

Most every starting QB in the league then

#26 Andrew Suck, QB

-------------------

Only six QB's in the league had a worse rating then "Luck"

"Wilson" and "Griffin" were in the top 4 rating in the league.

Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh Freeman had better ratings.

-------------------------

Worst completion in the league!

#31 Andrew Luck 54.1%
#32 Chad Henne 53.9%

--------------------

In the end:

Andrew Suck - Tied 3rd with the most interceptions and 2nd worst completion percentage = Not in the running for rookie of the year.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

NFL.com Rookie of the week honors threw week 16

RG3 8 times

Alfred Morris, Doug Martin and Andrew Luck are each tied with 2, with morris likley to add a 3rd.

This really shouldn't be too hard to figure out. :lol:
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

2012 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year: Predicting the Winner and Runner-Ups

You could easily make a case that there are five worthy recipients of the award. In most seasons, each of them would win the award if they weren't competing against one another.

This year's rookie class includes three quarterbacks that have led their teams to the playoffs (none were playoff teams last year) and two running backs that finished in the top five in rushing. One of them set his team's single-season franchise rushing record yet will likely finish second on his own team in the voting for this award.

Here are my predictions for the top-five finishers for the Offensive Player of the Year:

Winner: Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins

The list of quality attributes for Griffin (and the other rookie quarterbacks on this list, for that matter) is long. The one that stands out the most, though, is RG3's ability to play relatively mistake-free football despite being a rookie.

Plenty of veteran quarterbacks can't do that. Look at his own division as an example. The trio of Tony Romo, Eli Manning and Michael Vick, who played in only 10 games, combined to throw 43 interceptions.

Aside from Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers and Denver's Peyton Manning, no other player had a higher QB rating than Griffin (102.4). While he threw only 20 touchdowns (18 quarterbacks threw more), he threw a mere five interceptions out of 393 pass attempts. More impressively, he never threw multiple interceptions in the same game in the regular season.

While his passing stats may not be gaudy, his rushing stats are. RG3 finished with a QB-most 815 rushing yards and seven rushing touchdowns. In fact, he finished in the top 20 among all players in rushing. Along with Vick and Randall Cunningham, he is only the third quarterback since the 1970s to rush for at least 800 yards in a season.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1464 ... runner-ups