Manti Te’o’s-Story about GF was a hoax

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Manti Te’o’s-Story about GF was a hoax

Post by Machado »

NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Manti Te’o’s-Story about GF was a hoax

Post by NeverSurrender »

Looks like this story is legit.

Motherfucker.......
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Here's the full statement form Notre Dame:

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.
Dennis Brown
University Spokesman | Assistant Vice President
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

He's really worried about someone right now.

I believe it's 50/50 that this guy is just kind of crazy and got off on making the whole thing up, vs. actually being fooled online by a hot "dying girlfriend."

We've actually seen it play out right here, in front of our eyes.

Of course now that this guy is proclaiming this to be a hoax, and he's gotten the authorities involved, he'd be guilty of far more than tall tales if it turns out HE made the whole thing up.

Pretty easy via an email trail to prove whether or not this is bullshit.

I'll add that I've never even heard of this guy or this story. That's how little I care for college football, I guess.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:He's really worried about someone right now.

I believe it's 50/50 that this guy is just kind of crazy and got off on making the whole thing up, vs. actually being fooled online by a hot "dying girlfriend."

Of course now that this guy is proclaiming this to be a hoax, and he's gotten the authorities involved, he'd be guilty of far more than tall tales if it turns out HE made the whole thing up.

I'll add that I've never even heard of this guy or this story. That's how little I care for college football, I guess.
I remember the game against Mich St where he was interviewed
after ND won.
He referred to the GF while talking to the ESPN reporter after the game.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Crazy Levi wrote:He's really worried about someone right now.

He's talked about her coming to ND and seeing him after games. And him and her travelling to Hawaii the same week and her meeting his family.

He's fucked. It makes sense why he looked so lost in that title game.

I think he likes the penis, and that was a good excuse as to why he didn't fuck chicks on campus.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

http://youtu.be/HKDus7QjJ_w

Post game interview after
Michigan State game
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

He should have gotten all his awards stripped after his performance in the BCS Championship showed just how much of a fraud he and ND's number 1 ranking was ...but this takes the cake.

I was totally surprised that he didn't win the Heisman based off the sympathy vote alone. No way he won all those other awards without it.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Another gay Hawaiian brah.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

NeverSurrender wrote: He's talked about her coming to ND and seeing him after games. And him and her travelling to Hawaii the same week and her meeting his family..
Again, Horrorholic did the exact same thing - claimed to have met her, talked to her on the phone all the time etc. When we pressed him over and over...FINALLY he admitted that he hadn't ACTUALLY met her.

Don't know if you remember, but it was the same shit - fantasy gorgeous gf - he even had pics that he posted - and suddenly when he decides to go visit, she falls deathly ill (which is why he was worried about someone now).

Not saying this is the case here, but clearly people can get wrapped up in this shit. In that same thread 2 or 3 other people posted stories about friends they had who had been through the same thing (even including sudden fantasy online gf death syndrome).

Regardless we'll know the whole story in a couple days. Until I hear a little more info I'll still call it 50/50. Well, maybe 60/40 now in favor of this all being on him.

It's really amazing how fast your life can go from sugar to shit these days.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

She "died" on the 9/11 anniversary too... Coincidence?
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Luminiferous wrote:She "died" on the 9/11 anniversary too... Coincidence?
The T'eo truthers will get to the bottom of this obvious connection.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

I love how Deadspin fucks with ESPN's brand of reporting.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Kamikaze_Russo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Kamikaze_Russo »

This shit is going to stick with him no matter what. He going to looked at as a major asshole... or a major idiot.

How could he not know this person didn't really exist?
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

The thread Stevie started on this on the original board just showed she posted a tweet today.
scarred but smarter
*flick*
Wants to Sniff the Mod's G-String

Post by *flick* »

One email to Catfish and this could have been avoided.
nycrue wrote:Magic Wand Original ‏@HitachiMagic 14 Feb 12
RT @hollywoodrose: the more I look at dating websites the more I know its gonna be just me and my @HitachiMagic for my whole life
Goddamn Electric
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Goddamn Electric »

Brent Musburger thinks Manti's fake girlfriend is hot.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Still want your team to trade up to draft this guy Never Surrender?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

bane wrote:Still want your team to trade up to draft this guy Never Surrender?
Oh shit I forgot about that.

This closet case isn't going to have much of an NFL career.
bane

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Oh shit I forgot about that.

This closet case isn't going to have much of an NFL career.
I don't know about all that. He's had a pretty damn good year. He can play. I just don't think he's the can't miss future Ray Lewis that NS thinks he is. I don't know what all this does to his draft stock, but I'd think he'll probably still go reasonably high. Somebody will still probably over pay to get him. I sure as hell wouldn't trade up to get him though, but I thought the guy was more hype than substance before all this shit came to light.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

This reeks of extortion. I think he called someone's pay me or I'm telling bluff and they fucked him.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

One of the comments on the story I read was great:

"Nosuch Dame"

:lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

You know maybe its time that one of the major sports in America had a gay athlete, one that was known to be gay while his career was actually active.

Its not a big deal really its just like gay marriage who gives a fuck this is America right??? Equal rights for everybody I'd actually have some respect for the guy if he came out because right now I don't look at him as anything other than a joke.
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

ParaDime77 wrote:I love how Deadspin fucks with ESPN's brand of reporting.
I love how Deadspin is beating ESPN at its own game while still making dick jokes and clowning Gregg Easterbrook.
bane

Post by bane »

eddie lee roth wrote:You know maybe its time that one of the major sports in America had a gay athlete, one that was known to be gay while his career was actually active.

Its not a big deal really its just like gay marriage who gives a fuck this is America right??? Equal rights for everybody I'd actually have some respect for the guy if he came out because right now I don't look at him as anything other than a joke.
I agree, but that's a lot of baggage for a kid just entering the draft to carry. It would hurt his draft stock just because teams will be wary of all the extra media drama. If an established guy came out it'd go a lot easier I think.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Nope. There are stories that she flew to hawaii to be with him one week he was home told by his parents and now that article has been deleted for the South Bends Tribune's website - Article was published in October.

There were stories of her and him hanging out after the Stanford game last season. Now he never met her? He at least embellished this shit.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

bane wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:You know maybe its time that one of the major sports in America had a gay athlete, one that was known to be gay while his career was actually active.

I agree, but that's a lot of baggage for a kid just entering the draft to carry. It would hurt his draft stock just because teams will be wary of all the extra media drama. If an established guy came out it'd go a lot easier I think.
You guys make a good point.

Him coming out as gay - whether he is or not :lol: - might be best way for him to deal with this fiasco.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Rumors are flying that he is gay, and this is his boyfriend. Just rumors. For now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/1 ... 92653.html
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

If He's gay just come out already, it's 2013, gays have it now better than ever, it worked pretty well in the boxers favor though boxing aint what it used to be. At least He has a chance at being some kind of trail blazer, sure as fuck beats being the tattooed lion of the upcoming draft which he'll never be able to shake anyway but If he's actually gay and comes out that would at least explain why he went with the hoax and would diminish his foolishness in some peoples eyes. Plus He'd get to go on all the major talk shows and get a guest starring role on glee.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

dtmfs wrote:If He's gay just come out already, it's 2013, gays have it now better than ever, it worked pretty well in the boxers favor though boxing aint what it used to be. At least He has a chance at being some kind of trail blazer, sure as fuck beats being the tattooed lion of the upcoming draft which he'll never be able to shake anyway but If he's actually gay and comes out that would at least explain why he went with the hoax and would diminish his foolishness in some peoples eyes. Plus He'd get to go on all the major talk shows and get a guest starring role on glee.
Agreed.

Except knowing this dipshit as we do now, he'll likely confess to being gay and point out that the whole dead gf thing was his beard. But then, he'll have to deal with that shitstorm when he is exposed as straight right before the NFL draft.

These are strange times.