Sludge Fantasy BB League 2013

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Funnelhead
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Sludge Fantasy BB League 2013

Post by Funnelhead »

Well, FUCK!

OK so now that is out of my system, Congrats to the B King in securing that 8 slot (and I guess the rest of you playoff dicks, too). The Crappers made a push but it wasn't enough. Personally I blame PKOS for a crap week against the king but that would make me seem small, when actually, I'm kinda high.

Time to turn to sludge football but The Crappers will be back.

VIVA LOS CRAPPERS!

- yer bud, crud
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Funnelhead wrote:Well, FUCK!

OK so now that is out of my system, Congrats to the B King in securing that 8 slot (and I guess the rest of you playoff dicks, too). The Crappers made a push but it wasn't enough. Personally I blame PKOS for a crap week against the king but that would make me seem small, when actually, I'm kinda high.

Time to turn to sludge football but The Crappers will be back.

VIVA LOS CRAPPERS!

- yer bud, crud
:lol:

Well you ended up putting up a fight and tying me. It's alright though, because I've been blaming PKOS for everything too....for years now actually.

It couldn't have been more epic that that's who I've got in the first round either.

REVENGE.
itwalksboyfriend
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by itwalksboyfriend »

Love me some hot ballers.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Son of a!!!!!! Seattle announced as a precautionary measure that they're pushing back Hernandez's next start from Sunday to Wednesday.

Don't get me wrong be cautious with the King and all that, but I've got him on my roster and am currently battling PKOS in round one. I need the Ks, QS and ERA. Cause me beating Pat is like Luke beating Vader, Machado saying something stupid or the fall of Al-Queda. In other words it has to happen, because that's what's right in the world.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

As it stands now, 3 of the top 4 seeds may fall.

The fantasy gods are against me today. First, the NY Jets (or TB Bucs really) fuck me over in Survivor football.

Then, then a guy named Charlie Morton fucks my ERA and WHIP, the Giants bullpen blows a gem of a game for Madison Burmgarner, and a reliever gets a win for my opponent. DESPITE all that, I'm clinging to a 6-5 lead when Homer Bailey gives up a homer in the 7th to further hurt my ERA, and likely cost me another W.

Me thinks my kick ass season is over. Will see in the next hour or so...

FML!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I'm out too.

Plan for next year.

REVENGE.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

WOLF wrote:As it stands now, 3 of the top 4 seeds may fall.

The fantasy gods are against me today. First, the NY Jets (or TB Bucs really) fuck me over in Survivor football.

Then, then a guy named Charlie Morton fucks my ERA and WHIP, the Giants bullpen blows a gem of a game for Madison Burmgarner, and a reliever gets a win for my opponent. DESPITE all that, I'm clinging to a 6-5 lead when Homer Bailey gives up a homer in the 7th to further hurt my ERA, and likely cost me another W.

FML!
You got screwed. Did you happen to look before the night game if it would have been to your benefit to sit Bailey. Were you leading before that game?
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Blumpkin King wrote:
WOLF wrote:As it stands now, 3 of the top 4 seeds may fall.

FML!
You got screwed. Did you happen to look before the night game if it would have been to your benefit to sit Bailey. Were you leading before that game?

No, I wasn't. I needed Bailey's Ks, to just beat you in that category, and his one run over 6 innings leapfrogged me ahead of you in ERA. Then, when he gave up the solo shot in the 7th, that gave the category back to you.

Everything just went wrong. Even if the Cubs don't blow the save, then you don't get the save with Henderson, that category ends in a tie, and I win the tiebreaker.

Its an honorable defeat though. You made some smart pick-ups during the week (Kluber), didn't stream, and won fair and square.

Well played. Congrats!
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

The Butt Weenies, much like my Angels, are dead. The only underdog team in the first round to actually lose. Meh.
McGuirk
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by McGuirk »

Bring it on! 8)
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

demolition23 wrote:In a desperate desire to cling to second, I beat Chip Chipperson down into seventh, thus securing a repeat of last week's match-up. Now, watch it come back to haunt me! :lol:

Quoting myself for truth. Damn it.

And here ends my title reign - easily beat in the end. Well done to everyone still playing meaningful games.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

My pitching sure isn't playing meaningfully of late.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:My pitching sure isn't playing meaningfully of late.

I always thought you were more of a catcher.
itwalksboyfriend
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by itwalksboyfriend »

Why don't you come over and practice?

I'll be your catcher. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Trust me. You'll love it.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

You think that sucks? I've got Seattle resting the King ( which I agree with, but it fucks my fantasy team ), I didn't get the Buchholz DL adjustment in time so I missed his start, and my hot hitters have cooled off. So unless Lackey and Latos throw like.....well the King. I'm gonna be playing fantasy golf soon.

Fuck everybody. :x
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

Big day vs. Pats King Of Steaks. Last day of baseball and football this week. Hoping to best him in both.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Yeah man, I think you got me in both. Nice work and Killeverything will be extremely jealous.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

It's lookig like the 7 and 8 seeds will meet in the final. Two teams a COMBINED three games over .500 this season.

Well played, but maybe we should have looked at the playoff format, as discussed earlier in the thread.
McGuirk

Post by McGuirk »

WOLF wrote:It's lookig like the 7 and 8 seeds will meet in the final. Two teams a COMBINED three games over .500 this season.

Well played, but maybe we should have looked at the playoff format, as discussed earlier in the thread.
It's not something that should be changed so close to the playoffs. I'm not sure what automatic first-round byes would have done. MLB is playing, so should the fantasy teams, IMO.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

WOLF wrote:It's lookig like the 7 and 8 seeds will meet in the final. Two teams a COMBINED three games over .500 this season.

I for sure benefited by 8 teams. When I took over the league just before we drafted I left the settings as they had been set up by the original commish. I agree that 8 of 12 is to many for playoffs, but I was not going to change it once the season started. No one mentioned it before we started. I am happy to take a poll next year and see what people want to do. It was a good season and whoever wins did it fair and square.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

I agree it shouldn't have been changed in season. Not sure you even can do that in a Yahoo league.

Next year we should see the # of teams we have, and do a quick vote on playoff format prior to the draft.

No biggie; this isn't for cash. Just Sludge braggin' rights...
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

WOLF wrote: No biggie; this isn't for cash. Just Sludge braggin' rights...
Bragging rights on sludge are bigger than cash.

well maybe not.
McGuirk

Post by McGuirk »

Blumpkin King wrote:
WOLF wrote: No biggie; this isn't for cash. Just Sludge braggin' rights...
Bragging rights on sludge are bigger than cash.

well maybe not.
I'm not even a part-time poster here anymore, so I think I'll take the cash. 8)
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Blumpkin King wrote:

I for sure benefited by 8 teams. When I took over the league just before we drafted I left the settings as they had been set up by the original commish. I agree that 8 of 12 is to many for playoffs, but I was not going to change it once the season started. No one mentioned it before we started. I am happy to take a poll next year and see what people want to do. It was a good season and whoever wins did it fair and square.
Yeah, as #2 for most of the season, I guess I'm the other team that really lost out for not having a bye... But shit, I could just have easily wound up lucky #7, and yeah, while it's a shame we didn't notice sooner, it's not kosher to change mid-season. Easily remembered for next year though.

I always figure a teams/play-off teams ratio rule of thumb is:

8/4
10/4
12/6
14/6
16/8
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

Chip, sure have made a lot of moves this week. I may have to pick up players to stop your plan.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Man, leave some pitchers for the rest of us to stream guys! :lol:
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

/\

This is why there should also be a maximum moves per week rule. Say three transaction per week, or something.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

WOLF wrote:/\

This is why there should also be a maximum moves per week rule. Say three transaction per week, or something.
I was not streaming until this guy decided he needed 8 new pitchers in one week. Next year 3 per week max moves. This was fucking dumb. I picked up all these guys so he could not grab more, but he did.

It's a way to win, but not the right way in my opinion. I'll probably play the one guy I already had that was slated to start. If I win I did it right. If not, oh well. Or maybe I'll steam like him. He did not seem to care when I mentioned it on the league message board. If I play all those pitchers I could probably beat him at wins and grab that point.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Maybe I should start streaming too. Once playoffs started my entire team went cold. Was gonna get a save from Kimbrel, but the Cubs....the fucking Cubs rallied back :lol: ( David Cross was in Wrigley and did the "Take Me Out To The Ballpark", that was cool I guess ). I've finally got the King back, but alas it's too late.

I usually blame PKOS for everything, but I fucking hate you all now.

REVENGE.

:lol:
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Blumpkin King wrote:
WOLF wrote:/\

I was not streaming until this guy decided he needed 8 new pitchers in one week. Next year 3 per week max moves. This was fucking dumb. I picked up all these guys so he could not grab more, but he did.

It's a way to win, but not the right way in my opinion. I'll probably play the one guy I already had that was slated to start. If I win I did it right. If not, oh well. Or maybe I'll steam like him. He did not seem to care when I mentioned it on the league message board. If I play all those pitchers I could probably beat him at wins and grab that point.

Welcome to last year's discussion.
Unfortunately, we forgot to change the settings. Totally agree there should be a max moves per week next time though, along with playoffs more attuned to the size of the league.

Someone bump this next March! :)