The COLTS Road BACK To The Super Bowl Starts NOW

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: The COLTS Road BACK To The Super Bowl Starts NOW

Post by poizond13 »

It's so sad that the highlight of your life is crying to a mod on an internet message board. But what should I expect from a pinball machine repair man. You're one step below Jeff Spicoli's dad, who was a television repair man. :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Stupid troll admits to trolling.

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I regret having to do it. I have no choice and I don't take it back.

:lol: :lol:

Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

Crazy Levi wrote:I regret having to do it. I have no choice and I don't take it back.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Relax alright, Levy is a pinball machine repair man. He's got the ultimate set of tools!

Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

poizond13 wrote:Relax alright, Levy is a pinball machine repair man.
Cool! Sounds quite enjoyable.
Since you're being candid, what do YOU do for a living?
If it's embarrassing to you, I'll understand if you don't want to answer the question.
Same deal as with Moggio.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

:lol:

Trolling this retarded Colts thread is turning into a MAJOR Win for me!
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

It's nice to see P13 caught Fast Times at Ridgemont High recently. The movie has been out for 30 fucking years and he's just now quoting it. God damn....
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

COLTS announce mandatory mincamp is June 11-13. OTAs will be May 20-22, May 28-30, June 3-6.

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

poizond13 wrote:Stupid troll admits to trolling.

You did? Really? When did this happen?
my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

COLTS sign WR Darrius Heyward-Bey to 1 year contract, worth up to $3 million!! Phenomenal signing with very low risk and potential for high reward. Heyward-Bey has the speed and size of an elite receiver, and he's gotten better every year. Now he'll have an elite QB throwing him the ball for the first time in his career, so let's see what he can do! The MONSTER is getting STRONGER!!!

Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

poizond13 wrote:The MONSTER is getting STRONGER!!!
Your TROLLING is getting WEAKER!!!
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

RG3 cleared to run on field next week by doctors!!!!

Nobody's interested in an update on the recovery of Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III from his knee surgery, right?

Griffin III
Well, just in case there are a few of you out there, I came upon this from Griffin biographer Dave Sheinin of The Washington Post, who spoke with Griffin's father about RG III's rehab:

Robert Griffin Jr. on Monday, however, revealed exactly how far along his son was in his recovery.

“He’s been running in the pool, and some on the treadmill,” he told The Post. “But they’re just about ready to take it out on the field.”

Obviously, if Griffin is ready to start running outside, on real ground, that's a big step forward and an encouraging step. Obviously, if he or the team or their doctors are rushing him out there before he's ready, that would be a very bad thing. I continue to wonder what the hurry is on this, since the Redskins seem to have decided Kirk Cousins will be their starting quarterback during their offseason program, and the whole point is to give Griffin as much time as he needs to recover so that he doesn't jeopardize the next 10 years by trying to start this one on time. If you're a Redskins fan, all you can hope is that everyone involved in this learned the appropriate lessons after the way 2012 ended, and that if Griffin is starting to run, it's because they're 100 percent sure his leg is ready to do some running.

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

DeAngelo Hall has signed a 1 year contract with the REDSKINS!!!

I love this signing. He's made some big plays for the Skins, isn't even 30 yet, and has started every game the last three seasons for the defending NFC East champs!!! Losing him was going to be tough on a secondary that needs all the help it can get.

It's been an interesting offseason for the Skins, hamstrung by the NFL's cap penalty but determined not to get into future salary cap hell - like the Cowboys - by restructuring and other tricks that have doomed other cap-strapped franchises in the past.

The Skins cut Hall - who was their best dback last season (that ain't saying much), and now have signed him to a much cheaper one-year deal.

They pulled the same move with TE Fred Davis - a potentially great player coming off an injury. They let him test the waters, and signed him to a cheap one-year deal.

Now, with Hall and Davis back, every key player from last season is still on the roster. Pretty impressive maneuvering for a team with an $18M cap penalty.

Both of the moves could pay off big time, and are low risk high reward!!!!

Now, all we have to do is flesh out this roster with another excellent draft.

THE INJUN IS GETTING DRUNKER!!!

The salary cap penalty could have destroyed the franchise if it were still in the hands of idiots like Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato, but cooler heads prevailed. It's just a minor speed bump and the REDSKINS have dealt with it expertly.

Looks like another NFC East Title!!!!!!

eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

18 million cap penalty ehh, well that just makes all your victories from the 2010 season all the way up to last season null and void, nothing but a bunch of cheaters!!! :lol:
How'd you like that I can do lil pp better than he can do his self since he's been humiiliated by having the best meltdown ever. :mrgreen:
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

eddie lee roth wrote:18 million cap penalty ehh, well that just makes all your victories from the 2010 season all the way up to last season null and void, nothing but a bunch of cheaters!!! :lol:
How'd you like that I can do lil pp better than he can do his self since he's been humiiliated by having the best meltdown ever. :mrgreen:
The specter of the Albert Haynesworth debacle continues to haunt this team still, which was what the penalty is all about.

Happily we are FINALLY coming out from under that large, flabby cloud. Finally next year the worst free agent signing in history - any sport, really - will be completely in the rear view mirror. Winning two straight NFC East championships under these circumstances will truly be a magnificent accomplishment by the REDSKINS!!!

And bravo to the Redskins' front office, the best in football!!!

To have this huge cap issue, and only lose ONE impact player - a special teamer at that, Lorenzo Alexander - is truly an amazing accomplishment.

The REDSKINS road BACK to the NFC EAST title starts NOW!!!!!!
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey follows his heart - and Andrew Luck - to Indianapolis
Apr. 2, 2013 7:07 PM

Wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey said choosing the Indianapolis Colts over other NFL teams came down to following his heart.

But his head also told him he could benefit from having Andrew Luck as his quarterback.

In four seasons at Oakland, Heyward-Bey had three head coaches, four offensive coordinators and seven quarterbacks.

“It’s a confidence thing,” Heyward-Bey said in a Tuesday conference call. “You know (Luck) is going to be your quarterback. There’s no question about that. In Oakland, there were times when we weren’t sure going in week-by-week. We had to adjust on the fly.

“Knowing Andrew is back there, it feels good.”

Luck set several NFL rookie records, including passing yards (4,374), to help the Colts improve by nine victories to 11-5.

“You just look at the roster, you’ve got Andrew Luck, in my opinion the best young quarterback out there,” said Heyward-Bey, 26. “You’ve got a veteran in (wide receiver) Reggie Wayne. You’ve got a former teammate of mine with Samson (Satele) at center; just a lot of pieces and you have some young players making plays out there. Just being a part of something like that, I think it could be great.”

The Raiders cut Heyward-Bey, the seventh overall pick in 2009, for salary cap reasons. Coming out of Maryland, he was publicized for his 4.3-second speed in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine.

But career numbers of 140 receptions for 2,071 yards with 11 TDs after four seasons had the team, media and fans expecting more. Despite Oakland’s continual turnover in personnel and coaching, questions linger about Heyward-Bey’s ability to become an elite receiver.

The Colts coveted him to replace Donnie Avery, who, like Heyward-Bey, possesses exceptional speed but is known to drop passes. As a No. 2 receiver, Avery set career highs with 60 catches for 781 yards in his one season with the Colts, but signed as a free agent with Kansas City.

Heyward-Bey reportedly received a one-year, incentive-laden deal that could pay him a maximum of $3 million, with $1.5 million guaranteed, according to USA Today.

“I’ve always been hungry and motivated; one-year deal, 10-year deal, it doesn’t matter. I always work hard,” Heyward-Bey said when asked if a one-year deal is motivation to prove himself worthy of a multi-year commitment. “I always try to make plays out on the field, so I don’t look at it that way.”

He said the Colts and Lions, as well as other teams, were considered before he chose Indianapolis. What did his heart tell him?

“I just felt comfortable,” Heyward-Bey said. “My whole life, I’ve followed my heart on decisions. I’ve had tough decisions in my life before. In this case, I kind of did the same thing. I took the information in front of me when it came to the Colts and other teams and, at the end, my heart told me to come here.”

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Get outta here with that shit meltdown-boy, nobody gives a fuck about some shitty-ass wild card team that overpaid for mediocre players this offseason, even if it is some gay ass interview with the ONE move they didn't get jobbed on.

This thread is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of the NFC East Champion Washington Redskins, just like you are a wholly-pwned subsidiary of ME.

So let's see your 2012 Colts Wild Card schawg. Do they even make that garbage?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

LOL - Colts upstaged by REDSKINS again!!!!

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

What Does Darrius Heyward-Bey Offer to Andrew Luck and the Colts?
ByZach Kruse

In newly signed receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey, the Indianapolis Colts and Andrew Luck are getting a low-risk, high-ceiling pass-catcher who can seamlessly replace the departed Donnie Avery.

According to Mike Garafolo of USA Today, the Colts and Heyward-Bey agreed to a one-year deal worth just $3 million, with $1.5 million in guarantees.

Heyward-Bey, 26, made the decision to sign in Indianapolis after visits with both the Colts and Detroit Lions. A one-year, prove-it deal provides all the evidence needed for just how limited his overall market was after being released by the Oakland Raiders on the first league day of 2013.

Yet while the monetary commitment and risk was a win for the Colts, the fit for Heyward-Bey in Indianapolis could also be a big victory.

In a press release announcing the signing (via Garafolo above), Colts general manager Ryan Grigson explained his own excitement surrounding Heyward-Bey's arrival.

We feel great about acquiring a talented player in Darrius Heyward-Bey. He's big, strong and shows toughness in traffic and after the catch. He's got elite finishing speed that's as good as there is in the NFL.

Grigson makes a compelling case for what his new receiver can provide the Colts offense.

Heyward-Bey is certainly big (6'2", 215 lbs) and strong (16 reps at 225 lbs at the NFL combine) enough to play a defined role in the NFL. Indianapolis lacked an outside receiver with his size dimensions last season since the six-foot, 200-pound Reggie Wayne previously possessed the team's best physical combination.

And while Heyward-Bey has struggled over his career with consistently catching the football (24 drops in four seasons), he does have the rare ability to make difficult catches in traffic and run after the catch.

Take this reception in 2011 for example.

In the second quarter of a Week 15 game against the Detroit Lions, Heyward-Bey extends for a pass between a pack of defenders. Instead of short-arming the football, Heyward-Bey goes into a full-stretch, secures the catch and absorbs the defender's looming blow.

The well-built Heyward-Bey bounces off the tackle attempt, and then splits the two other defenders with his 4.3 speed for a 43-yard touchdown.

Heyward-Bey made a similar catch in Week Nine of last season, when he hauled in a high throw against the Baltimore Ravens, deflected off of Ed Reed's knockout attempt and then outran the rest of the defense for a 55-yard score.

Of course, Heyward-Bey's speed remains his best asset.

In 2011, he made a living off eight and 12-yard comeback routes, where the cornerback would respect his downfield speed by lining up several yards off the ball.

But it first took a few hits vertically for defenses to worry about Heyward-Bey beating them deep.

In the example below, we see one of those hits. During a 2011 game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Heyward-Bey runs a double-move versus cornerback Rashean Mathis.

As you can see in the first screenshot, Mathis bites hard on the fake inside, even without a convincing sell-job from Heyward-Bey. The Raiders receiver then turns on the jets to the outside and is beyond Mathis' coverage in the blink of an eye.

The result was an easy pitch-and-catch down the sidelines, and a 59-yard reception for Heyward-Bey.

As Grigson mentioned, Heyward-Bey has the kind of straight-line speed few can match at any position, much less receiver.

During the 2009 NFL Combine, Heyward-Bey's 4.30 40-yard-dash made him the fastest player in Indianapolis. The eye-catching run certainly helped him become the seventh overall pick in the ensuing NFL draft.

For the Colts, Heyward-Bey's speed was likely one of his most attractive attributes.

Even with new offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton likely to take the Colts offense in a more horizontal direction, such elite speed can be asset. Luck thrived last season in an offense predicated on stretching the defense vertically.

But maybe more so for Luck, Heyward-Bey represents an easy transition (and potential upgrade) over Avery, who signed a three-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs this offseason. In 2012, Avery played over 1,000 snaps and caught 60 passes for 781 yards and three scores in his most productive NFL season.

Below, we show how Heyward-Bey can be a seamless replacement for the departed Avery.

Last season, Avery caught a relatively high percentage of his passes behind the line of scrimmage, usually in the form of bubble screens such as the one below.

Heyward-Bey is plenty capable of doing the same.

In fact, the Raiders likely didn't give Heyward-Bey enough opportunities to catch the ball in space and make plays after the catch. His speed and strong frame give him dangerous potential in this role.

Here is one example where Oakland did give him a chance. It went for a first down after Heyward-Bey made a defender miss in the open field.

For whatever reason, the Colts ran Avery on reverses and jet sweeps just a handful of times last season. In fact, he ran only four times in 2012.

Here's two of them:

On the first play, Avery takes a reverse and picks up seven yards after Vikings defensive end Jared Allen crashes down hard on the fake.

The very next play, the Colts give Avery a jet sweep to the same side. The result is a first down on second-and-three.

In Oakland, Heyward-Bey carried eight times for 83 yards. The Colts can likely expand their reverse package with such a dangerous open-field runner like Heyward-Bey on board.

Of course, deep passing was one of Avery's most vital roles last season.

His nine receptions over 20 yards could be a number that Heyward-Bey can build on, if given the right opportunity.

And for Heyward-Bey, such an opportunity with the Colts is worth its weight in gold. Like Avery, he now has a chance in Indianapolis to turn around a bust NFL career.

Taken in the second round of the 2008 draft by the St. Louis Rams, Avery failed to develop into an impact player in St. Louis and was released before the 2011 season. After a year with the Tennessee Titans, Avery landed in Indianapolis and produced a career year.

Now, Avery is in Kansas City on a three-year deal worth almost $9 million.

The Colts can only hope Heyward-Bey embraces the "prove-it" opportunity as well as Avery did last season.

But even if he doesn't, the Colts do not have a large financial risk tied into the relationship.

If Heyward-Bey blossoms while playing alongside Luck, Wayne and second-year receiver T.Y. Hilton, then the Colts should have the first crack to retaining him long term.

If not, the two sides go separate ways and Indianapolis will be none the worse.

But if it all pans out right, Heyward-Bey will take over Avery's role as an outside receiver in three-receiver packages. Some of the Colts more explosive plays last season came with Avery and Hilton outside and Wayne in the slot.

With Luck, Wayne, Hilton, LaVon Brazill, two emerging tight ends in Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener and now Heyward-Bey, the Colts could very well possess one of the game's most explosive and versatile passing games in football next season.

Facedown

Post by Facedown »

bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

The Colts coveted him to replace Donnie Avery
that's comedy gold in and of itself right there.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Bey has terrible hands and was cut by THE RAIDERS, and languished for weeks on the FA market because nobody wants him.

And he's a drunk driver.

Great pickup!

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Andrew Luck Gets New Disciple: Indianapolis Colts Sign Darrius Howard-Bey

Free agent wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey has agreed to a one year contract with the Indianapolis Colts, first reported by Adam Schefter of ESPN. The terms of the deal were not disclosed, but details will be emerging soon.

For the Colts, assuming they were able to pick him up on the cheap, they get a young and still-raw talent in Heyward-Bey. With tons of speed and the size to be a true threat at the position, he has plenty of time ahead of him to do so.

Quarterback Andrew Luck should be excited about the move. Heyward-Bey never had solid and consistent quarterback play with the Oakland Raiders, having dealt with guys like Jason Campbell and Carson Palmer who have already reached their potential and may even be on the way down from their prime. It will be interesting to see what Luck can make of the young receiver.

Alongside a Pro Bowl stud like Reggie Wayne, Heyward-Bey could end up developing into a dependable No. 2 receiver. With coaching from Wayne and the guidance of Luck, I would not put it past him to catch anywhere from eight to 12 touchdowns next year.

For Heyward-Bey, this is a chance to prove he really does have what it takes to succeed at the NFL level. In his four-year career, he has caught 140 passes for 2,071 yards and 11 touchdowns. At only 26-years old, he has a great opportunity ahead of him to improve those numbers significantly.

What’s left for the Colts this off season is to maybe find a premier running back to pair with Luck, Wayne, and Heyward-Bey. At this point, they have been fine going with Donald Brown, Delone Carter and Vick Ballard, but it may be time to find a true No. 1 back.

There is no question the Colts have the ability to put points on the board next season if they can find a legitimate threat in the backfield. For the moment, it will be all about getting Heyward-Bey acquainted and set expectations for him to break out in 2013.

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Winfield, Redskins share ‘high mutual interest’

Posted by Mike Jones on April 2, 2013 at 6:50 pm
Comments
More

The Washington Redskins remain interested in signing veteran cornerback Antoine Winfield despite bringing back DeAngelo Hall at a reduced salary, a person with knowledge of the situation said. Two others, however, questioned whether the salary cap-strapped Redskins had a realistic shot at landing Winfield.

“There is high mutual interest,” said one person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he wasn’t authorized to speak on behalf of the Redskins. “Re-signing Hall didn’t change that.”

The re-signing of Hall — who, after being released in March to save $8 million, on Monday agreed to a one-year deal that is believed to be worth just more than $2 million — didn’t come as a surprise to Winfield and his camp. The person said that if anything, the move made Washington more attractive to Winfield, who is entering his 15th NFL season.

“At this point in his career, [Winfield] wants to win, and [Washington] has made moves to further solidify the roster, and re-signing Hall only helps. Their games complement each other,” the source said.

The Redskins have Hall and Josh Wilson returning for a third straight season as the starting cornerback tandem. The need remains for a corner to cover slot receivers, and Winfield fits that bill.

However, Washington had just more than $1 million in cap space before re-signing Hall, and once he officially signs, the Redskins could have to restructure contracts or release players to get below the cap, and to create enough spending money to sign April’s draft picks, and/or to add another player through free agency.

The Redskins’ message to Winfield’s representatives was that they had a plan for how to create enough room beneath the cap to sign the cornerback to a deal.

But two people familiar with the team’s deliberations believed it was unlikely that Washington would be able to pull that off because of the Redskins’ limitations.

It wasn’t clear what kind of an offer Washington had presented to Winfield, or how it compared to the one that he had received from the Minnesota Vikings, who released him last month to save money against the salary cap. A third team also is said to have interest in Winfield, but it wasn’t clear how seriously their pursuit was. CBS Sports last week mentioned the Denver Broncos as another potential suitor for the three-time Pro Bowl cornerback.

Winfield is out of the country, vacationing with his family, and is said to be weighing his offers. It’s expected that he will make a decision shortly after his return.
Last edited by Crazy Levi on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.