My annual, CUBS FUCKING SUCK THREAD!!!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Leppardmania
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: My annual, CUBS FUCKING SUCK THREAD!!!

Post by Leppardmania »

Facedown wrote:You're not seriously going to do this all season, are you?
No......only have to do it 58 more times! :wink: :lol:

Cubs get win #5!

58 more to go!

RambOWNED!!!
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Cubs just gave up 3 runs in the bottom of the 13th to lose the game after taking a 2 run lead in the top of the inning...just plain embarrassing, pathetic, and hard to watch.

5-13 overall......terrible.

RambOWNED!!!
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Leppardmania wrote:Cubs just gave up 3 runs in the bottom of the 13th to lose the game after taking a 2 run lead in the top of the inning...just plain embarrassing, pathetic, and hard to watch.

5-13 overall......terrible.
They're shitty.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Hey....they actually won tonight....its a miracle!

6-13 overall.......maybe can still still lose less than 100 afterall.

BTW, future superstar Anthony Rizzo is hitting a whopping .178 so far this year?!...and this is the guy that's supposed to be the cornerstone for the next 10 years at 1st base?!! I truly hope this kid doesn't turn out to be a bust.

RambOWNED!!!
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Samardzija can't buy a win. The kid's pitching great, but a 1-4 record to show for it.

RambOWNED!!!
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Always hated the Cub's, their fans are up in the rarefied air with the Yankees fuckwad fan base. There's still a dickhead Cub fan out there who owes me money lost on two series with the Dodgers. If I see him again no words will be spoken.

Dear Cub's, LOSE! LOSE THEM ALL!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:Always hated the Cub's, their fans are up in the rarefied air with the Yankees fuckwad fan base. There's still a dickhead Cub fan out there who owes me money lost on two series with the Dodgers. If I see him again no words will be spoken.

Dear Cub's, LOSE! LOSE THEM ALL!
Cub's what?

Yes Cubs fans are always strutting around like winners. And a Cubs fan that would bet on them isn't a Cubs fan.

$tevil
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Cubs win 3rd in a row against Miami......9-14 overall.

Rizzo's batting a whopping .195

RambOWNED!!!
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Leppardmania wrote:Cubs win 3rd in a row against Miami......9-14 overall.

Rizzo's batting a whopping .195
These last 3 games have showed me one thing about the Cubs.

The Marlins fucking SUCK.

$tevil
Kamikaze_Russo

Post by Kamikaze_Russo »

In my NL only fantasy league... at the end of the auction draft, I filled my last two pitcher spots with Travis Wood & Carlos Villenueva for $1 each. I gotta say... been very pleased with their numbers so far.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Kamikaze_Russo wrote:In my NL only fantasy league... at the end of the auction draft, I filled my last two pitcher spots with Travis Wood & Carlos Villenueva for $1 each. I gotta say... been very pleased with their numbers so far.
Trade them now while their value is high. There is a thing coming in just over a month called a swoon.

$tevil
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

These last 3 games have showed me one thing about the Cubs.

The Marlins fucking SUCK.

LMAO......Tell me about it!

RambOWNED!!!
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

they have i think the 3rd best starting pitching in the league

hard to believe theyre so far down
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Fuck all y'all! :x

Good to see Giancarlo's bat wake up, finally. Cool.

So was this the Cubs' revenge for 03?
Fuck sigs.
ArielPlath
Headlining Clubs

Post by ArielPlath »

The husband is at Wrigley Field right now - watching the Cubs play San Diego. I told him to make sure and stop in Yak-Zies across the street and get some wings! :D
“Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
and I eat men like air.”

― Sylvia Plath, Ariel
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

ArielPlath wrote:The husband is at Wrigley Field right now - watching the Cubs play San Diego. I told him to make sure and stop in Yak-Zies across the street and get some wings! :D
If he's a true Cub fan, he didn't pay for that ticket. :wink:

I refuse to pay for tickets to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field until they put a contender on the field......and yes, I know I'll be waiting a long time.

RambOWNED!!!
ArielPlath
Headlining Clubs

Post by ArielPlath »

Leppardmania wrote:
ArielPlath wrote:The husband is at Wrigley Field right now - watching the Cubs play San Diego. I told him to make sure and stop in Yak-Zies across the street and get some wings! :D

I refuse to pay for tickets to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field until they put a contender on the field......and yes, I know I'll be waiting a long time.

:lol: Actually I think his niece's husband paid for it - I think they paid $10 and they are sitting in the bleachers.

btw..... Its the 8th Inning & Cubs are winning 5 - 3 :D
“Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
and I eat men like air.”

― Sylvia Plath, Ariel
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Leppardmania wrote:

My tickets are a write off. Like every Cubs season.

$tevil
St_Augustines_Pears
Headlining Clubs

Post by St_Augustines_Pears »

johnk5150 wrote:
Leppardmania wrote:

My tickets are a write off. Like every Cubs season.
*BA-DUM-TISH!*
"Moving on, is a simple thing...what it leaves behind is hard. You know the sleeping feel no more pain...and the living are all scarred." -- Megadeth's "A Tout Le Monde"
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Cubs and Sox give up 23 runs combined last night. Have a great summer Chicago!

$tevil
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Cubs win tonight.....11-16 overall. I predicted they would 70 games this year....looks like they are on pace.

Alot of Cubs fans that I talk to believe they will be contenders by 2015......but with the current roster, and the couple of true prospects they have in the minors (Soler, Biaz), I'm just not seeing it at this point unless they plan on signing some good free agents in the next year or 2.....hope I'm wrong.

RambOWNED!!!
ArielPlath
Headlining Clubs

Post by ArielPlath »

Saw this on Yahoo today -

Chicago Cubs threaten move if ‘historic renovation’ of Wrigley Field doesn’t happen as wanted

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-l ... 06200.html

It is odd they would threaten to leave when they depend on the attraction of Wrigley Field itself to draw people in. Of course, to renovate it would be much better than to tear it down. I know people who still bitch about Comiskey Park getting torn down.
“Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
and I eat men like air.”

― Sylvia Plath, Ariel
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Leppardmania wrote:Cubs win tonight.....11-16 overall. I predicted they would 70 games this year....looks like they are on pace.

Alot of Cubs fans that I talk to believe they will be contenders by 2015......but with the current roster, and the couple of true prospects they have in the minors (Soler, Biaz), I'm just not seeing it at this point unless they plan on signing some good free agents in the next year or 2.....hope I'm wrong.
It's sounding more and more like Soler is a fucking head case. With everyone but Soriano coming off the books this year they will have money to spend. Now it's a matter of Theo signing the right guys. It's going to be a tough 2013 but there is light at the end of this very long tunnel.

$tevil
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Marmol choked again today........2 walks and a HBP to the 3 batters he faced.......will the Cubs please just release this guy already?!

RambOWNED!!!
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Leppardmania wrote:Marmol choked again today........2 walks and a HBP to the 3 batters he faced.......will the Cubs please just release this guy already?!
And use who? Fukijawa is still on the DL.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:Yes Cubs fans are always strutting around like winners. And a Cubs fan that would bet on them isn't a Cubs fan.

At the start of the season they're the fuckwad fans who show up to work in a jersey and hat talking shit on how this is the year. Then they still wear the stupid outfits after the break saying they'll sweep this or that 3 game set. They are in fact the loudest and most mouthy fans I've ever come across...One of the reason I like the Cardinals is their normal fans and we share the same hate for the Cubs. Even hated their coaches starting with Zimmer to Baylor and fuck that drunk by the 5th inning Harry Caray.

Funny in my younger days I'd watch the Chicago network and support them till I meet the fan base.

Sandberg, The Hawk, Maddux, Dunston, Grace......Liked them all.

Wasn't it the Cub's who started tossing back the opponents home runs?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Here's how Page 2 editors ranked our top 10 worst franchises to be a fan of:

1. Chicago Cubs
2. Cincinnati Bengals
3. Los Angeles Clippers
4. Arizona Cardinals
5. Kansas City Royals
6. New York Islanders
7. New Jersey Nets
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
9. Florida Marlins
10. Boston Bruins

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chicago Cubs fans are the worst fans in sports:

http://www.rantsports.com/mlb/2011/02/2 ... in-sports/

My favorite shirt during the summer months is a Cubbie-blue #23 Sandberg tee; it fits me perfectly and is nice and light for the hot Chicago sun. Wearing it around town one would think not much criticism would be directed at it apart from the hoard of White Sox fans, but Chicago remains perhaps the worst place to be a Cub fan. That is because Cub fans themselves are the worst fans in sports, and in Chicago they come in droves.

I am continually told how much of an idiot I am for supporting my lovable losers. That no matter how many off-season moves they make, or how many games I go to, it will never amount to anything in terms of winning a World Series Championship. I, being the diehard I am, respond with the annual “this could be our year” cliché I have used so many times. Yet, seriously speaking, who am I kidding? Cubs fans have been saying this for over a hundred years straight. If history repeats itself, and history does mind you, we are simply denying the inevitable and promoting the highly improbable. We are plain ludicrous for endorsing such an organization, and should switch our allegiance, perhaps to the White Sox. They did win the World Series in 2005, you know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
1. cubs fan:

Someone to be pitied. A lost soul perpetually waiting for the arrival of a once in a millenium alignment of good management, coaching, and injury/error free players. A person duped by a wonderful ballpark and team owners into accepting consecutive seasons of failure. A drain on Chicagos economy because they waste so much time, energy, and money going to day games.

2. cubs fan:

The worst fans of any sports team in the history of the world. Characterized by the ability to yell, "YAAAAAY, Cubbies!" like a 12 year old girl, and an incessant need to tell other teams' fans that they suck... even as the Cubs lose... again.

It is believed Cubs fans breathe through a particular speech process, which requires them to describe the high prices of concessions at Wrigley Field, thus announcing the great wealth they perceive themselves to possess. Social structure amongst Cubs fans is based upon the number of times an individual can appear on television; researchers believe this explains why Wrigley Field sells out and why Cubs fans always dress like New Jerseyite teenage girls at the mall. Little is known about their reproductive habits, although it is believed to involve large amounts of cheap alcohol and roofies.

Words associated with:
brah high maintenance barbed wire tattoo douche douchebag asshole fuckface dickbreath roofies illegal intercourse date rape wigger wannabe
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Chicago Cubs fans

The Shane Victorino thing aside, Cubs fans make this list for their continuous "woe is me" attitude. Nobody likes sports fans who feel sorry for themselves, and Cubs fans are the best at that. If the Cubs lose three games in a row in April, they start thinking about next year. I mean, c'mon.
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

And use who? Fukijawa is still on the DL.
How about someone who can consistenty throw f'n strikes?

Its one thing to watch a guy who give up alot of hits....at least he's throwing strikes. But its another thing to watch a guy that continually hands out free base-runners to the other team. And on top of that, the guy's is getting paid $9 mil a year!!!

RambOWNED!!!
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

UtahRatt wrote: Wasn't it the Cub's who started tossing back the opponents home runs?
Yep. The dumbest "tradition" in all of sports.
The same dopes would trample each other for a foul ball or a Cubs homer, but they stupidly believe that throwing an opponent's ball back will somehow hurt their feelings. Moronic.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.