My annual, CUBS FUCKING SUCK THREAD!!!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Leppardmania
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: My annual, CUBS FUCKING SUCK THREAD!!!

Post by Leppardmania »

Lardbucket wrote:Another Marmol Instant Classic.
He threw 1 inning, giving up 3 walks and 1 hit which tacked another earned run to his record.
5.62 ERA. Good stuff.
Did you see the double, two walks, and grand slam he gave up yesterday?.......he'll pitch good for a couple of weeks, then stink up the joint for a couple of games........VERY FRUSTRATING to watch!!! :x :x :x

RambOWNED!!!
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

Leppardmania wrote:
Lardbucket wrote:Another Marmol Instant Classic.
He threw 1 inning, giving up 3 walks and 1 hit which tacked another earned run to his record.
5.62 ERA. Good stuff.
Did you see the double, two walks, and grand slam he gave up yesterday?.......he'll pitch good for a couple of weeks, then stink up the joint for a couple of games........VERY FRUSTRATING to watch!!! :x :x :x
He's been skipping the good couple of weeks lately. It seems like a decent outing from him is becoming more and more the exception. He really needs to go. Might as well see if any kid in Iowa can do better.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_
Headlining Clubs

Post by Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_ »

Cubs fans (at least as of now) can at least look at how pitiful Milwaukee are. And I don't see it getting much better for the "Brew Crew" this season. So yeah, maybe the Cubs will stay out of the cellar! Gotta say, I didn't expect the Brewers to be THIS fucking horrible & with the Astros no longer around in the NL Central for the other teams to beat up on, I fully expected the Cubs to be in the cellar throughout most of the season.

All I ask from the Cubs is this ONE little SIMPLE thing: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE beat up on the Cardinals when you play them head to head the rest of the season. No one else (including the Reds thus far) seem to want to do it. So I'm hoping I can depend on you, oh mighty Chicago Cubs!
"They say every sin is deadly, but I believe they may be wrong
Cause I'm guilty of all seven & I don't feel too bad at all"
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

So I'm hoping I can depend on you, oh mighty Chicago Cubs!
Don't count on it, my friend.

RambOWNED!!!
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Leppardmania wrote:
So I'm hoping I can depend on you, oh mighty Chicago Cubs!
Don't count on it, my friend.
Espevially since they're going to sell anything of value come deadline.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

What is going on with Castro? I thought he had an 'off' year last year when he hit only .283....now he's down to .243 this year!!

RambOWNED!!!
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Marmol did it again....4 batters faced in the bottom of the 9th with a 3-0 lead.....gives up 2 HRs, walk, and a single..gets no one out and the Cubs lose 4-3!! Release this guy already!!!

RambOWNED!!!
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Leppardmania wrote:Marmol did it again....4 batters faced in the bottom of the 9th with a 3-0 lead.....gives up 2 HRs, walk, and a single..gets no one out and the Cubs lose 4-3!! Release this guy already!!!
I've posted this reponse before, so here it goes again. "And replace him with whom?" Fukijawa was a bust and on the DL ( I believe ). There's rumors circulating that the Phillies could look to move Pappelbon, Detroit being the biggest suitor.

As much as I harp on Epstein and Hoyer ( see: Red Sox, Boston ) they've reportably done an incredible job in the draft and putting the foundation in place for a strong farm system. Much like Jeff Luhnow's experiment in Houston it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

I've posted this reponse before, so here it goes again. "And replace him with whom?"
Does it really matter? Anyone you replace him with can't possibly do any worse!!!

RambOWNED!!!
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Well, Kevin Gregg is "the closer", from what I understand, and the reason Marmol got in there was because Gregg had pitched in four straight.

Now Gregg's got an ERA under 1, but he's still Kevin Gregg.

I should think pretty much any reliever they have could have done a better job handed a 3-run lead against the goddamn Mets. Hell, throw Shawn Camp out there, I don't care. :lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

MurrayFiend wrote:Well, Kevin Gregg is "the closer", from what I understand, and the reason Marmol got in there was because Gregg had pitched in four straight.

Now Gregg's got an ERA under 1, but he's still Kevin Gregg.

I should think pretty much any reliever they have could have done a better job handed a 3-run lead against the goddamn Mets. Hell, throw Shawn Camp out there, I don't care. :lol:
Amen, brother......its impossible to do worse than giving up 2 HRS, a walk, and a single to the 4 batters you face against the lowly Mets, especially after Garza mowed them down for 7 straight innings, and Russell sends them down 1-2-3 in the 8th. Marmol is simply a $9 million a year embarrassment.

RambOWNED!!!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Soriano said the Cubs "have (Marmol's) back," but he wavered when asked if Marmol can succeed again as a closer.
"I don't know," he said. "It depends on him. He used to be good. I think he's good, but he's lost a little bit of his confidence, and this game is all about confidence. … I hope he gets it back and becomes the Marmol I know."
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

2 hits? 2 goddamn hits?

$tevil
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Breaking News: Cubs release Marmol!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

RambOWNED!!!
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Padres and Dodgers among teams interested in Garza, who, according to some sources may be one of the first pitchers traded before the deadline. Cubs not comfortable with his contract demands. :!:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Leppardmania wrote:Breaking News: Cubs release Marmol!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Change that....not released, but "Designated For Assignment".....but it still looks like his days with the Cubs are more than likely over.

From espnchicago.com:

Marmol, who was making $9.8 million this season, will be in baseball limbo for 10 days while the Cubs try to work out a trade. After that, he can be asked to take a designation to the minors if he clears waivers. Otherwise he can opt for free agency. A team will be able to sign him to the minimum salary, while the Cubs will have to absorb the rest of his contract.

RambOWNED!!!
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Leppardmania wrote:
Leppardmania wrote:Breaking News: Cubs release Marmol!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Change that....not released, but "Designated For Assignment".....but it still looks like his days with the Cubs are more than likely over.

From espnchicago.com:

Marmol, who was making $9.8 million this season, will be in baseball limbo for 10 days while the Cubs try to work out a trade.
You know there isn't a chance in hell anyone takes a chance on his ass right?

$tevil
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

What about Detroit?

Yeah, you're probably right. :lol:
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Yes, I know, but my guess is he'll become a free agent and the Cubs will have to eat the salary when he signs with another club........as long as I don't have to see him on the mound in Cubs' blue anymore, I'm fine with that.

RambOWNED!!!
wickedsensation

Post by wickedsensation »

MurrayFiend wrote:What about Detroit?

Yeah, you're probably right. :lol:
Detroit already has their own version of Marmol down in AAA -- Bruce Rondon. I think one is enough for them...
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Oh, fuck. Don't say that.

I think for a second I was confusing him with N.C. State's Rodon, he of the slider:

http://www.fangraphs.com/not/more-actio ... ns-slider/
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Watching teams play the Cubs is like watching teams play at half speed out of sympathy. Since the Dodgers just took 3 in a row from the Cubs and set the team record for 13 straight wins on the road I almost don't want the Dodgers to sweep the 4th......
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
sparkdaddy
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by sparkdaddy »

How can this thread still be on the main page??

Just coming back to take my props for once again guessing the impossible and unthinkable that the cubs did in fact suck again. I do believe that I missed my calling in life and should have been a fortune teller or a stock broker at the very least.
poizond13 "even if Poison has played a hob date here and there"

Nice back pedal...
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Leppardmania wrote:
Yes, I know, but my guess is he'll become a free agent and the Cubs will have to eat the salary when he signs with another club........as long as I don't have to see him on the mound in Cubs' blue anymore, I'm fine with that.

HAHAH!

Thanks for MARMOL! Apart from a couple games he's been fantastic. 1.93 in his last ten and has dropped his ERA almost 2 points in like 14 games?
Ouch.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

sparkdaddy wrote:How can this thread still be on the main page??

Just coming back to take my props for once again guessing the impossible and unthinkable that the cubs did in fact suck again. I do believe that I missed my calling in life and should have been a fortune teller or a stock broker at the very least.
:lol:

For predicing the Cubs will suck? They're rebuilding new GM/President, new farm system, new philosophy. They're supposed to suck, even more than usual.

That's like being able to forsee the Houston Astros finishing last in the AL.

You're a fucking prophet, Spark. :lol:
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Cubs win #63!!! They will NOT lose 100 games this year!!!!

RambOWNED!!!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Leppardmania wrote:Cubs win #63!!! They will NOT lose 100 games this year!!!!
Thanks again for MARMOL! Just tossed two strikeouts in another scoreless inning. He's 3.31 since leaving the Cub's.

Cubs: 5.86 ERA
Dodgers: 3.31 ERA

:lol:

Not sure how many pages I'll have to go back but it sounds like the problem just might not be with Marmol!
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Thanks again for MARMOL! Just tossed two strikeouts in another scoreless inning. He's 3.31 since leaving the Cub's.

You're welcome......u can have him.

RambOWNED!!!
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

Leppardmania wrote:

Yeah. Just because he's doing well elsewhere does not mean he'd ever get good again in Chicago. Not to imply that many guys ARE doing well in Chicago, of course...
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Lardbucket wrote:
Leppardmania wrote:

Yeah. Just because he's doing well elsewhere does not mean he'd ever get good again in Chicago. Not to imply that many guys ARE doing well in Chicago, of course...
That's just it. all our pitching coach "Rick Honeycutt" did was make minor changes to his Marmol mechanics. They did it on the first fucking day it was an instant improvement. After a couple more days Marmol was good to good and has been good since.

Make's me wonder who runs the Cub's organization...Roger Rabbit? Wreck-It Ralph? It's got to be a TOON because it's a joke...has to be.