The Louisville Leg Break

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

The Louisville Leg Break

Post by eddie lee roth »

:shock: This everybit as bad as the Joe Theissmann or Sid Vicious leg break :!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7JeKO-GDa0
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: The Louisville Leg Break

Post by Space Bear »

HD quality version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os7HP7F60vo

You know it's kinda bad when it makes your teammates fall down and puke on the court.

Last edited by Space Bear on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

Every time this happens now, the tears flow like never before from the whole world. I was watching live and felt bad for the kid like anybody else, but then the tears begin to flow. Every body started tweeting prayers to him, nobody could watch the game because all they could think about was this poor kid.

People could see a five car pileup with ten deaths and wouldn't act like that. Its almost like people use the kid to get attention. It's weird as hell.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Jesus Fuckin Christ you're something else you know that, you need to chill the fuck out.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

eddie lee roth wrote:Jesus Fuckin Christ you're something else you know that, you need to chill the fuck out.

I will get right on that. I make sure to follow your lead often. You inspire me.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

There ya go now you're making some sense. :D
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Sorry if I think people going on and on about a kid they never heard of before yesterday is pretty cheap and over the top, and that wasn't directed at this thread.

It's the "cry me a river" world we live in now.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Saw the play last night online several time.

I know ESPN is running the play on a continuous loop and will exploit the kid and his story until Louisville is eliminated from the tournament.

As for the play, I hope ESPN or CBS hired a medical expert to explain
just how a leg can break in that manner.

Seemed like an innocent play. A defender contesting a jump shot. Happens hundreds of times during the course of a season.

I feel bad for the kid. His hometown is Atlanta. This year the final four is being played in Atlanta.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

For a sports fan that can act like a sane person and not have to go on a rant about "well in real life blah blah blah" this will be one of those memorable games that everybody can point to and say oh yeah I remember that.

Much like when somebody mentions "the Michael Jordan flu game" or say "the Joe Thiessmann game", sane sports fans can reminisce and have a conversation.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Machado wrote: I feel bad for the kid. His hometown is Atlanta. This year the final four is being played in Atlanta.
It's cloudy. It sometimes rains when it's cloudy.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

eddie lee roth wrote:For a sports fan that can act like a sane person and not have to go on a rant about "well in real life blah blah blah" this will be one of those memorable games that everybody can point to and say oh yeah I remember that.

Much like when somebody mentions "the Michael Jordan flu game" or say "the Joe Thiessmann game", sane sports fans can reminisce and have a conversation.
I'm pretty sure his broken leg is real life. Just like the over the top sympathy from people who never heard of the kid before yesterday. They're not exclusive.

I couldn't watch it, turned my head away, it blows for the kid, but my mother didn't die. Some kid broke his leg.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

I don't know why the prayer thing is so hard to understand. I guess it's just different when you actually see it happen as opposed to passing the car accident where the incident has already occurred. When you see that shit happen it invokes an entirely different reaction. It did for me anyway.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Space Bear wrote:Image

A break? I dunno...I think he should get a 2nd opinion.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

DaveB wrote:I don't know why the prayer thing is so hard to understand. I guess it's just different when you actually see it happen as opposed to passing the car accident where the incident has already occurred. When you see that shit happen it invokes an entirely different reaction. It did for me anyway.

Yeah me too. I even tweeted about it. it sucked. But to go on and on about it for hours? Ridiculous. And like I said, that wasn't mean about anybody here.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

NeverSurrender wrote:Every time this happens now
Outside of Joe Thiesmann where does this happen all the time?
NeverSurrender wrote: the tears flow like never before from the whole world.
are you sure??? The whole world, really I mean really you're saying the whole world.
NeverSurrender wrote: Every body started tweeting prayers to him
Everybody but I don't even have a twiiter account.
NeverSurrender wrote: nobody could watch the game because all they could think about was this poor kid.
Nobody, that seems like alot of people are you sure?
NeverSurrender wrote:Its almost like people use the kid to get attention.
Irony alert irony alert.
NeverSurrender wrote: It's weird as hell.
Finally something you and I can agree on.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

When has that happned?

Moses Alou, Napolean Kauffman, EJ Henderson. Willis McGahee. That Lattimore Kid from South Carolina like 5 months ago.

Should I go on, or do you feel clueless enough yet?
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

You're the dumbfuck here not me but hey if you want everybody to pay attention to you by acting like a prick go right ahead.

You ought to be thankfull for the kid cause your attempt at getting everybody to pay attention to you in the NFL thread was failing bad.

You're the Karl Rove of the sports board on here so wear that hat with pride.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

eddie lee roth wrote:
You're the Karl Rove of the sports board on here so wear that hat with pride.
And you're the Rachel Maddow, you don't know shit. You're the one who got all butthurt about my opinion, forcing me to defend it. So go fuck yourself.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Does this hatred that comes out when the subject matter is sports, does it have anything to do with the fact that you're a big tub of shit.

Oh yea it just so happened to be the 2nd story on the ABC network news so I guess you could say it is a big story to get that kind of attention.

I know you had to do a google search to name all those other athletes because 99% of the talk today when their comparing the injury Joe Theismann's name comes up.

It will be later on tonight before I'll have time to get back online you ought to make good use of the time yourself and go for a walk lardass.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Those names that NeverSurrender listed are only the ones the mainstream media reported. Imagine the ones the Government doesn't want us to know about.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

What the hell was Patino doing?
It looked like he saw what happened & wanted to run.
The thing I remember the most about the Theismann break was
Lawrence Taylor jumping up and down trying to get medical onto
the field. Could you imagine the sound of the breaking bone(s)?
Ouch!!!
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Those names that NeverSurrender listed are only the ones the mainstream media reported. Imagine the ones the Government doesn't want us to know about.
LOL @ spoonfed media robot sheeple - robosheeples - like SubsAC laughing off the control the media and government have over our lives with their rules. The government has it's hand so far up your ass that you don't even realize they own you and your sub shop.

ATTICA! ATTICA!
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Crazy Levi wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Those names that NeverSurrender listed are only the ones the mainstream media reported. Imagine the ones the Government doesn't want us to know about.
LOL @ spoonfed media robot sheeple - robosheeples - like SubsAC laughing off the control the media and government have over our lives with their rules. The government has it's hand so far up your ass that you don't even realize they own you and your sub shop.

ATTICA! ATTICA!
If Sludge had a "like" button I'd be humping it like a two dicked billy goat. Or something.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

yeahbuddy wrote:What the hell was Patino doing?
It looked like he saw what happened & wanted to run.
The thing I remember the most about the Theismann break was
Lawrence Taylor jumping up and down trying to get medical onto
the field. Could you imagine the sound of the breaking bone(s)?
Ouch!!!
Hell...I'd want to run too. And if I remember correctly, Theisman's leg was covered with a sock and you couldn't really tell the extent of the compound fracture...Ware's leg was out there for everyone to see. Plus, the bench was below floor level so those guys were treated to a birds-eye view. And as for the sound, you can clearly hear it snap on the video replay.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

eddie lee roth wrote:Does this hatred that comes out when the subject matter is sports, does it have anything to do with the fact that you're a big tub of shit.

Oh yea it just so happened to be the 2nd story on the ABC network news so I guess you could say it is a big story to get that kind of attention.

I know you had to do a google search to name all those other athletes because 99% of the talk today when their comparing the injury Joe Theismann's name comes up.

It will be later on tonight before I'll have time to get back online you ought to make good use of the time yourself and go for a walk lardass.
:lol: :lol:

I was actually at work, but thanks for the disclaimer.

Oh yeah, my size has nothing to do with you knowing jack shit about sports, but keep trying. Only 2 guys ever had gruesome leg injuries in the last 30 years.

:lol: :lol:
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Actually, with the exception of Alou, I saw them all live. You know, unlike Eddie Lee Roth, some of us actually watch sports.
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Meanwhile,a hockey player in Russia takes a hit to the head,fucking DIES and nobody cares..

I was watching the Expos game on TV when Alou was injured.I'll never forget the replay they showed of the second base umpire and the second baseman.One was covering his eyes from the sight,the other covering his ears after Alou snapped his leg.What a shame that was,he was on the verge of becoming a star but was never really the same after his injury.
Last edited by Gibsonite on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

I was thinking this might have been the worst sports related injury but then Gibsonite's post reminded me of Sabre's goalie Clint Malarchuch taking a skate to the neck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMq3jqXMEtY