MY ANNUAL, CUBS STILL FUCKING SUCK THREAD!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: MY ANNUAL, CUBS STILL FUCKING SUCK THREAD!

Post by Heenan Snuka »

johnk5150 wrote:
Cubs fans are sick of hearing it.

We have the best farm system in baseball according to Baseball Prospectus . Blah frigging blah.

lol. exactly

Milwaukee was horrible last year and are in first place this year

I didnt hear anything about Trout and and whats-his-face on Washington that just came up and started hitting homeruns

Cubs are so full of shit
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Heenan Snuka wrote:Milwaukee was horrible last year and are in first place this year

Boston won it last year now...

Boston - 39w 50L .438 10.0 back
Chi Cubs - 38W 49L .437 12.5 back
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

killeverything wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:Now Baseball Prospectus is calling the Cubs farm system the best in history. Jesus .

I'm so sick if hearing how good they're going to be.
Huh? Really? The last rankings ( currently ) that I recall had Boston at #1. Then with what Luhnow is doing in Houston, the Astros are supposed to the alltime greatest. Didn't SI even say that? I know it's Sports Illustrated, but still.

As I've said it before I think Chicago is the make or break for Theo. Boston was Duquette and Henry's money. In fact Theo had more fuckups than successes in FA with the Sox, in fact look at the clusterfuck he left there. So he really has to succeed in Chitown to be legendary. If he does though can you imagine? He'll be folk hero status.

The Samardwhatever trade on Chicago's part looks brilliant.
It was an interview with a BP that updated his rankings after the trade. It was probably just his opinion .

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2014/7/7 ... p-50-lists
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

FullDJacket wrote:Who is worse?

2009 Mets, finish .400 the year after they almost win NL east

2003 Red Sox, can't win for a 100 years and lose to yankees in game 7

2014 Chicago cubs ?
2014 Red Sox - From worst to first and quite possibly back to worst again.
:lol:
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:
killeverything wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:Now Baseball Prospectus is calling the Cubs farm system the best in history. Jesus .

I'm so sick if hearing how good they're going to be.
Huh? Really? The last rankings ( currently ) that I recall had Boston at #1. Then with what Luhnow is doing in Houston, the Astros are supposed to the alltime greatest. Didn't SI even say that? I know it's Sports Illustrated, but still.

As I've said it before I think Chicago is the make or break for Theo. Boston was Duquette and Henry's money. In fact Theo had more fuckups than successes in FA with the Sox, in fact look at the clusterfuck he left there. So he really has to succeed in Chitown to be legendary. If he does though can you imagine? He'll be folk hero status.

The Samardwhatever trade on Chicago's part looks brilliant.
It was an interview with a BP that updated his rankings after the trade. It was probably just his opinion .

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2014/7/7 ... p-50-lists
Fair enough, it's all subjective anyway. The last rankings I read were from a few weeks ago.

Speaking of which with addition of Russell and Castro already on the roster, the top rumor going around is the Nats look to acquire a young SS via trade.

I expect another move soon.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

killeverything wrote:
Fair enough, it's all subjective anyway. The last rankings I read were from a few weeks ago.

Speaking of which with addition of Russell and Castro already on the roster, the top rumor going around is the Nats look to acquire a young SS via trade.

I expect another move soon.
I'll take a couple of those arms. I'll drive Castro to O'Hare myself for one of their pitchers.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Cubs top prospect Javier Baez goes 3 for 4 with 2 HRs. Javier Baez isn't even the best hitting prospect the Cubs have.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Facedown wrote:
FullDJacket wrote:Who is worse?

2009 Mets, finish .400 the year after they almost win NL east

2003 Red Sox, can't win for a 100 years and lose to yankees in game 7

2014 Chicago cubs ?
2014 Red Sox - From worst to first and quite possibly back to worst again.
:lol:
i hear you. At the very least boston is still one of those cities where baseball is still more popular than football. Thats my impression anyway.

Its pretty much only boston and st louis left on that list
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

FullDJacket wrote:i hear you. At the very least boston is still one of those cities where baseball is still more popular than football. Thats my impression anyway.

Patriots popularity started with Parcells and they took over when they were winning Championships.
Red Sox were still close but when they finally broke through in 04, people had nothing to complain about anymore and that resulted in less interest.
Sox will always be huge but the Pats are the top of the heap until Brady and Belichick are gone.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Facedown wrote:
FullDJacket wrote:i hear you. At the very least boston is still one of those cities where baseball is still more popular than football. Thats my impression anyway.

Patriots popularity started with Parcells and they took over when they were winning Championships.
Red Sox were still close but when they finally broke through in 04, people had nothing to complain about anymore and that resulted in less interest.
Sox will always be huge but the Pats are the top of the heap until Brady and Belichick are gone.
I haven't been back to Boston since '05, but when I was there if I didn't have prior knowledge of the Pats, I wouldn't have known they exist. This was also during baseball season so I realize that might have had something to do with the lack of flyers, merch, etc.

Has it changed that much? When I lived there ( pre-Brady ) it was all Sox.

Chicago is the team that claimed Cole Hammels off waivers. The Cubs need a frontline starter and have the prospects to deal, but I don't really see it going through.
wickedsensation
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by wickedsensation »

killeverything wrote: Chicago is the team that claimed Cole Hammels off waivers. The Cubs need a frontline starter and have the prospects to deal, but I don't really see it going through.
Phillies want either Baez, Castro, or Russell in return. The first two would have to clear waivers, which won't happen. So unless the Cubs are willing to part with Russell (and whatever else it would take), I don't see it happening either...
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

killeverything wrote: Has it changed that much?
Yeah. Sox will always have the bigger core so they will never go away but the Pats own it now. Bruins and Celtics flip flop for 3rd and fourth (Bruins have third now) but it will all change in the next few years.
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Phillies want either Baez, Castro, or Russell in return.
They can have Baez......he's proving to be a total bust.

RambOWNED!!!
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

Leppardmania wrote:
Phillies want either Baez, Castro, or Russell in return.
They can have Baez......he's proving to be a total bust.
Yep, he looks a lot like Adam Dunn so far. A few bombs and a whole bunch of whiffs. Maybe he'll learn some zone recognition down the line, but right now he has NONE.
He'll be disposable once Russell and Bryant come up.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

It's no fun to poke fun at the Cubs. They are perennial losers and can be counted
on to not make the playoffs.
The team might as well be playing AAA ball
If not for the stadium they play in, Chicago might have just 1 real baseball team
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Cubs get Maddon......are the pieces finally starting to come together?

RambOWNED!!!
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

Leppardmania wrote:Cubs get Maddon......are the pieces finally starting to come together?
Dusty Baker and Lou Piniella say "wait and see".
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Lardbucket wrote:
Leppardmania wrote:Cubs get Maddon......are the pieces finally starting to come together?
Dusty Baker and Lou Piniella say "wait and see".
LOL....good point. Though both of those guys can say they managed the Cubs into the playoffs.

RambOWNED!!!
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

True, but then Dusty added a classic to the "curse" and Piniella's team got swept both times. Getting to the playoffs is good, but when a team has gone over 100 years without winning the whole thing, losing in the playoffs is just more losing.
Maddon got to the Series with a solid young core in Tampa, but no Series win there. That said, Maddon has a nice young core coming along and the Cubs will be players in free agency this year, so they're on the upswing for sure. I wonder if Cubs fans would be satisfied with an NL Championship trophy?
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

I wonder if Cubs fans would be satisfied with an NL Championship trophy?
No.

RambOWNED!!!
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Are you drunk? I don't know what kind of romantic bullshit is in the air when a veteran coach takes that job thinking he'll be the guy to win it all. I'm stunned Leyland, Lasorda or Showalter haven't taken that gig thinking it will be different this time with them. I'm amazed how quickly that job ages and drives once sane winners crazy/to drink.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:
Are you drunk? I don't know what kind of romantic bullshit is in the air when a veteran coach takes that job thinking he'll be the guy to win it all. I'm stunned Leyland, Lasorda or Showalter haven't taken that gig thinking it will be different this time with them. I'm amazed how quickly that job ages and drives once sane winners crazy/to drink.
New manager but the losing will continue. Cubs fans care more about the number of beers they can drink within 9 innings.
The fans could care less about the team winning a few games here and there.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
New manager but the losing will continue. Cubs fans care more about the number of beers they can drink within 9 innings.
The fans could care less about the team winning a few games here and there.
I don't think the Cubs are going to be losing for that much longer. They've got the resources and farm to make some waves soon. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they're soon "the team to watch."

Speaking of which they inked Hammel to 2/18 today. The Winter Meetings began in SD this morning.
Last edited by killeverything on Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Oops. Wrong thread.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

John
Give me some advice here. Planning to visit Chicago late summer. During my visit the Cubs are playing at Wrigley.
Do I have a realistic chance of buying tickets to a game while I am in town or is that virtually impossible??
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Machado wrote:John
Give me some advice here. Planning to visit Chicago late summer. During my visit the Cubs are playing at Wrigley.
Do I have a realistic chance of buying tickets to a game while I am in town or is that virtually impossible??
Tickets were going for under a buck on Stubhub last year. By the thousands. You'll have trouble. When are you coming?

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:
Tickets were going for under a buck on Stubhub last year. By the thousands. You'll have trouble. When are you coming?
Labor Day weekend. Friend is getting married. Never been to Chicago. Looking forward to seeing a game at Wrigley if possible. I have not even considered
watching a game at US Cellular, LOL!!!
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Machado wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
Labor Day weekend. Friend is getting married. Never been to Chicago. Looking forward to seeing a game at Wrigley if possible. I have not even considered
Should have read no trouble .

$tevil
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

Machado wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
You should consider it. USCF is a very nice ballpark (especially the lower deck), tickets can be had for reasonable prices, the food and drink are very good, and it's not too far from my favorite concert venue, Reggie's. In fact, Reggie's has had a great deal on Sundays for a couple years now - stop by in the morning for their BBQ buffet and you can get a free ticket to the Sox game and a free shuttle to and from the ballpark.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Lard
Turns out the WS will be out of town that weekend. I assume 1 Chicago team is is town while the other team is away, yes?
Which is fine. Would rather visit Wrigley for a game.